As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Woman

ElkiElki get busyModerator, ClubPA mod
edited March 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
weird_woman_poster_01.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
Elki on
«13456742

Posts

  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm impressed. I just did my tax returns for 2009.

    This took me 8 minutes. Thanks to the government collecting data about my income, and having a very clear and concise program that asks specifically about which deductables I may qualify for (which were none, which is not unexpected, as a renting single working healthy guy). I have very little doubt it is incorrect, I'll read over it once more to be sure.

    The amount returned is a bit under what I expected, mostly due to working more then the year before (9months of employment vs 7... I really wish i could land a steady job, this one will probably end in two months as well...).

    I guess my point is: The last few rounds of tax reform really worked out over here, and the decision to combine it into a digital bundle is pretty good. There are some privacy issues with this of course....

    SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I should probably do some work now...

    BobCesca on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, I'm so annoyed that I wasted money on an unplayable game.

    Nerdgasmic on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    buy it for xbox you silly goose

    ain't the games fault your pc sucks

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    also can't you return it

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    No, I cannot get a refund, and I assumed that a new computer wouldn't play it this terribly. I'm not blaming the game, I'm just really annoyed that I've made this mistake.

    Nerdgasmic on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hello, [chat]eroos.

    Haphazard on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I should probably do some work now...

    You're always saying that but it's the weekend.

    Shouldn't you have days that are work and days that are not?

    poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sadly, current integrated video cards still suck pretty bad.

    OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    poshniallo wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I should probably do some work now...

    You're always saying that but it's the weekend.

    Shouldn't you have days that are work and days that are not?

    Well, yes.

    But I've got a load of lectures and seminars to prepare, and 10,000 words to write, and it's all a little overloaded.

    But today's work is fairly gentle. Just some stuff on comics and general reading.

    BobCesca on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I go to bed and Nergasmic is bitching about his PC game.

    I wake up and Nergasmic is bitching about his PC game.

    JustinSane07 on
  • Ed321Ed321 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So hungry.

    Ed321 on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    Hey, Bob. Did you see last night's QI? It was an all-Greek episode.

    Also, Phil Jupitus was weraring a Green Lantern shirt under his hoodie, and when I spotted it and informed the missus I believe she was extremely impressed with my perception and knowledge of superhero symbols. By which I mean to say that she looked at me strangely and reminded me that we should make a joint will 'in case something happens to you, darling'.

    Bogart on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    Hey, Bob. Did you see last night's QI? It was an all-Greek episode.

    Also, Phil Jupitus was weraring a Green Lantern shirt under his hoodie, and when I spotted it and informed the missus I believe she was extremely impressed with my perception and knowledge of superhero symbols. By which I mean to say that she looked at me strangely and reminded me that we should make a joint will 'in case something happens to you, darling'.

    I did not.

    I shall do so now. *swoon*

    EDIT: Also, I am tempted to end this lecture on Comics by actually talking about The Lyre of Orpheus by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

    BobCesca on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I want a Green Lantern shirt.

    Haphazard on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I go to bed and Nergasmic is bitching about his PC game.

    I wake up and Nergasmic is bitching about his PC game.

    You are an exceptionally silly goose.

    Nerdgasmic on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Haphazard wrote: »
    I want a Green Lantern shirt.

    I used to have one of those

    nexuscrawler on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I'm impressed. I just did my tax returns for 2009.

    This took me 8 minutes. Thanks to the government collecting data about my income, and having a very clear and concise program that asks specifically about which deductables I may qualify for (which were none, which is not unexpected, as a renting single working healthy guy). I have very little doubt it is incorrect, I'll read over it once more to be sure.

    The amount returned is a bit under what I expected, mostly due to working more then the year before (9months of employment vs 7... I really wish i could land a steady job, this one will probably end in two months as well...).

    I guess my point is: The last few rounds of tax reform really worked out over here, and the decision to combine it into a digital bundle is pretty good. There are some privacy issues with this of course....
    The government collects data about you and helps you file in forms correctly? That's like something right out of 1984. I'd be scared, man. Spending countless hours painstakingly trying to figure out tax regulations while sorting through a shoebox full of receipts is a small price to pay for freedom!

    Richy on
    sig.gif
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also, am I the only one who sees the "Archer" thread and assumed it's a thread about Star Trek Enterprise? Every damn time...

    Richy on
    sig.gif
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Richy wrote: »
    Also, am I the only one who sees the "Archer" thread and assumed it's a thread about Star Trek Enterprise? Every damn time...

    Yes, it's clearly about The Archers.

    Leitner on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Also, am I the only one who sees the "Archer" thread and assumed it's a thread about Star Trek Enterprise? Every damn time...

    Yes, it's clearly about The Archers.

    That's what I thought.

    I was disappointed when it wasn't a discussion about the residents of Ambridge.

    BobCesca on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    Richy wrote: »
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I'm impressed. I just did my tax returns for 2009.

    This took me 8 minutes. Thanks to the government collecting data about my income, and having a very clear and concise program that asks specifically about which deductables I may qualify for (which were none, which is not unexpected, as a renting single working healthy guy). I have very little doubt it is incorrect, I'll read over it once more to be sure.

    The amount returned is a bit under what I expected, mostly due to working more then the year before (9months of employment vs 7... I really wish i could land a steady job, this one will probably end in two months as well...).

    I guess my point is: The last few rounds of tax reform really worked out over here, and the decision to combine it into a digital bundle is pretty good. There are some privacy issues with this of course....
    The government collects data about you and helps you file in forms correctly? That's like something right out of 1984. I'd be scared, man. Spending countless hours painstakingly trying to figure out tax regulations while sorting through a shoebox full of receipts is a small price to pay for freedom!

    it is

    Organichu on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was kind of weirded out by the gubment already knowing how much I earned when I filled it in. I guess I would have liked this to be opt-in instead of opt-out.

    Aldo on
  • Ed321Ed321 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    New Marble Hornets was boooooooooooring.

    Ed321 on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Haphazard wrote: »
    I want a Green Lantern shirt.

    I used to have one of those

    Better times.

    Haphazard on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    I bought the anniversary PA book. It's pretty good.

    Bogart on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    haha I downloaded one of the shmups Page- pointed towards and now I'm addicted. I could feel myself getting better at the game, so it was very tempting to keep retrying to beat the first boss.

    Aldo on
  • Ed321Ed321 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Personally I don't consider it unreasonable for the government to keep on record how much you earn. *shrug*

    Ed321 on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ed321 wrote: »
    Personally I don't consider it unreasonable for the government to keep on record how much you earn. *shrug*
    I'm just used to me telling the government how much I earn and they doublechecking me in case of odd results. I don't care enough to opt-out of this.

    Aldo on
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ed321 wrote: »
    New Marble Hornets was boooooooooooring.

    I'm not watching anymore of them.

    I like sleep.

    OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    the chinese semi-auto sniper rifle is so great with the red dot sight and used as an assault rifle

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've always been pay-as-you-earn. My employer tells HMRC how much I'm expected to earn this year, they assign a tax code accordingly, my employer pays my income tax and national insurance for me, and the tax code is adjusted if what I'm actually earning drifts too far from what I'm expected to earn.

    japan on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    WHERE'S MY BLOODY HANGOVER SANDWICH

    Zen Vulgarity on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also today is a day for doing housework while listening to the best bits of Radio 4 in podcast form.

    japan on
  • Ed321Ed321 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Are there any other youtube-based horror series that peeps would recommend? MH is the only one I've watched because I just don't know where I'd go looking for good-quality stuff.

    Ed321 on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What game was it, Nerd?

    Tav on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Bad Company 2.

    Nerdgasmic on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    oh man Bad Company 2 is so awesome

    oh hi there Nerd

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    No, I cannot get a refund, and I assumed that a new computer wouldn't play it this terribly. I'm not blaming the game, I'm just really annoyed that I've made this mistake.

    console gaming is where it's at these days. pc gaming is generally an afterthought for developers, basically because the market is shrinking and trying to troubleshoot pc games is a fuckin nightmare given the diversity of software and hardware configurations out there

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    WHERE'S MY BLOODY HANGOVER SANDWICH

    give me a bite god

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.