As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Phallakinetic Armageddon - It's all over! REND AND THE PINNACLE GUILD WIN!

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    But out of curiosity, what did over 735% damage to us in one night to bring down the Air Fortress? I did not foresee that happening as soon as it did.

Heh. At least three whole factions attacked Houn in one night. Then I used my ability to make you get hit by the same damage.

It was good times.

Burnage on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Domarian proboards should be unlocked.

Nothing all that super interesting, but I figure some people will want to update their grudge lists :P

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Burnage wrote: »
    But out of curiosity, what did over 735% damage to us in one night to bring down the Air Fortress? I did not foresee that happening as soon as it did.

Heh. At least three whole factions attacked Houn in one night. Then I used my ability to make you get hit by the same damage.

It was good times.

Ahaha that's fantastic! Actually I'm glad to find out it was you at least.

If it was any other faction I would have been a little annoyed, but yeah that was totally the right move :p

Nocturne on
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also Id like to know how close the last day really was cos from the sounds of it ed had to redo the narration when I submitted my last-minute order change D:

would Rend have died or... what?

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Seriously though crazy mechanic faction games are some of my favorites.

You're not supposed to go into them thinking everything will be perfectly balanced and fair.

You go in knowing they're going to be fucking nuts, and that's what's fun.

My only regret is that this is the one game of the three where I did not help lead the Domarians to victory.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You go in knowing they're going to be fucking nuts

:^:

Rend on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My one regret is that I can't really play my Angry Persona up like I used to. An unfortunate side effect of the Glorious Edict.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What was up with the whole "everyone stays the same role as last time" anyway?

I mean don't get me wrong- I LIKE being a seer, especially a really good one.

I just don't like my enemies knowing this fact :-/

El Skid on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ALSO EDCRAB FUCK THE HATERS THIS GAME WAS AWESOME!

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The Order lives on forever in me.

Honestly though I felt so useless as a guard. Every guard attempt I had except the first one was blasted through like it was paper.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Also Gumpy you get this award:

trophy4.jpg

Nocturne on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also Gumpy you get this award:

trophy4.jpg

He converted me on Day 1 and I still never had any clue what the fuck he was up to :P.

Winky on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I'm still waiting for that list of names for people who attacked me.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    oh and Ringo, I didn't need to out you, I just didn't want Gumpy's "oh yeah 5-6 people should leave the game!" thing to fly.

little did I know that It was a day too early to screw over Gumpy.

also, you could have asked for a clarification on victory conditions.... Like I did....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey, who attacked Shal on day one and how did you know?

BertezBertez on
    ...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

I was one of them.

The fist the size of your torso?

That was me.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I was one of them.

The fist the size of your torso?

That was me.

you'll regret that.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yes I'll regret playing to my win condition and attacking someone who needed to kill off my faction to win. That was a dick move on my part.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Conversions.

Conversions.

Conversions

:x

Otherwise, fun game.

Sepah on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    FrostMist wrote: »
    Cool game - was fun to watch after dying on day 2 as well.

But WHO KILLED ME?!?!?!? GAH!

Just making my way through all of the post-final-narration posts.

That would be us. We were dealing in information, and you were the first person to come up as being most assuredly High Council.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks, ed.

Not sure if anyone's pointed this out, but...
    my biggest gripe would have to do with the fact that my group's orders were all combined into 1 PM each day. I know it saves inbox space, but I basically played the game from the sidelines.

Gumpy barely communicated to us, and I don't know about the rest of my group, but I was never given the opportunity to choose my own target for my ability. It pretty much felt pointless to have my own ability.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks, ed.

Not sure if anyone's pointed this out, but...
    my biggest gripe would have to do with the fact that my group's orders were all combined into 1 PM each day. I know it saves inbox space, but I basically played the game from the sidelines.

Gumpy barely communicated to us, and I don't know about the rest of my group, but I was never given the opportunity to choose my own target for my ability. It pretty much felt pointless to have my own ability.

Yeah I kinda felt that way to.

Not exactly something edcrab could account for though.

BertezBertez on
    ...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You could have chosen your own target any time. They didn't have to be consolidated, it just made things easier if nobody else had a problem with it.

I tried to keep from being the absolute dictator as much as possible. This was hard because I was the public representative for the faction and was doing all of the PMing and information trading myself, but I did encourage people to do their own thing.

I almost wish that the figureheads would have had less active roles, and been more just figureheads. I don't know a good way this could have been done, but yeah.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    The guild really did hit gold converting Advent on day one.

You're welcome! :D

Good game, gents.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You could have chosen your own target any time. They didn't have to be consolidated, it just made things easier if nobody else had a problem with it.

I tried to keep from being the absolute dictator as much as possible. This was hard because I was the public representative for the faction and was doing all of the PMing and information trading myself, but I did encourage people to do their own thing.

I almost wish that the figureheads would have had less active roles, and been more just figureheads. I don't know a good way this could have been done, but yeah.

I was just going by this:
    Please nominate one of your number to collate your nightly actions and send as a single PM.
    It really isn't a shot at ed, because it's not really his fault, and I think things went pretty swimmingly with how much stuff was going on anyway.

Gumpy asked us to get in contact with people... and that's pretty much where our input ended. I don't know if our proboard has been unlocked, but the postcounts for each day were like 13, 8, 5, 12.

~80% of the info I got through the course of the game was through Rend.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Please nominate one of your number to collate your nightly actions and send as a single PM.
    It really isn't a shot at ed, because it's not really his fault, and I think things went pretty swimmingly with how much stuff was going on anyway.

Gumpy asked us to get in contact with people... and that's pretty much where our input ended. I don't know if our proboard has been unlocked, but the postcounts for each day were like 13, 8, 5, 12.

Yeah, I got no info whatsoever. :(

Awesome game, again, Ed! Your madness is unrivaled and you rock.

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I apologize for sniping the juiciest converts. Ahava basically left because we made the most broken conversions.

But I don't really, cause the game was upfront about the conversion play and warned everyone!

Still, it's just a fucking game (and was a blast, Ed!) so don't worry about it too much. Ahava in particular.

Daius I'm glad you got the win in the end, I was trying to get the tank squad as a whole just cause hehe.

The night I died, the soon-to-be-our-ally stripped the guard off me and I was pasted. Oh well! I was the one that was going to be our networking voice and guarded target and it worked out well enough.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So yeah, which mercenary should I be grudging again?

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    InomineInomine Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    FrostMist wrote: »
    Cool game - was fun to watch after dying on day 2 as well.

But WHO KILLED ME?!?!?!? GAH!

That would be us. We were dealing in information, and you were the first person to come up as being most assuredly High Council.

Heh. I guess it wasn't too bright of me to defend FrostMist on day 1 then.. Then again, helluva phalla to jump in on as my first try.:cry:

It was confuzzling. Had little idea of how things would proceed. :rotate:

Oh well, although I weren't in it for long, it was a blast! :D
    I wanna try this again. :)

Inomine on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yes I'll regret playing to my win condition and attacking someone who needed to kill off my faction to win. That was a dick move on my part.

your faction was already dead......

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Inomine wrote: »

Heh. I guess it wasn't too bright of me to defend FrostMist on day 1 then.. Then again, helluva phalla to jump in on as my first try.:cry:

It was confuzzling. Had little idea of how things would proceed. :rotate:

Oh well, although I weren't in it for long, it was a blast! :D
    I wanna try this again. :)
    I thought it was a grand thing to do :) Too bad it killed you in the process.

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    shalmelo wrote: »
    So yeah, which mercenary should I be grudging again?

you were on my list for being evil.

sorry,

we can still be friends!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Granted, who knows what his win condition was after he became the Lone Mech.

Sepah on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Until I was converted by Pinnacle on the second to last night, my win condition remained the same, and it involved getting points for killing Mercs.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Well, I got news that someone in my group was leaking news to rend on day 1 :/ So, apart from giving him a one way access into our faction that required me to work with him, what did any of you contribute? What did any of you say? any plans? any targets? :|

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Until I was converted by Pinnacle on the second to last night, my win condition remained the same, and it involved getting points for killing Mercs.

once your faction was eliminated, you couldn't win by points........

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think gumpy and rend both used a conversion on me the last night, didn't know who would get me.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I think gumpy and rend both used a conversion on me the last night, didn't know who would get me.

Nope, the conversion I promised you was rends :/

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Also Id like to know how close the last day really was cos from the sounds of it ed had to redo the narration when I submitted my last-minute order change D:

would Rend have died or... what?

If you hadn't done that, we would have won

Because you did that, the game literally ended with a coin flip as there was a 50% chance that Rend could get his attack off

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

once your faction was eliminated, you couldn't win by points........

That's not what my role PM said.

Nocturne on