As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East: Glorious Aftermath

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    who are you kidding zip

after this past weekend, everyone knows about you and me and our forbidden love.

If that was the case then you were clearly cheating on me with Vermi.

Slut.

edit: Picking up an HDMI cable for 6 bucks is easy peasy.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well that's stupid

I can either get an arcade and a separate 60 gig hd for $300, or I can get an elite bundled with a 120 gig and two games for $300

e: thanks Keith, I'll check out Gamestop as I think I have some store credit leftover from my last DS game trade in

Usagi on
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    hdmi.

HDMI.

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    That would only be useful if I had a high def tv, and I don't so...

Usagi on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Usagi wrote: »
    Well that's stupid

I can either get an arcade and a separate 60 gig hd for $300, or I can get an elite bundled with a 120 gig and two games for $300

e: thanks Keith, I'll check out Gamestop as I think I have some store credit leftover from my last DS game trade in

I saw that too but didn't care for either of the bundled games.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2010
    Well that's stupid

The hard drive prices are weird right now because they just came out with the 250GB hard drive for $130 but the other hard drives haven't dropped in price (even the used ones).

So you could get that bundle I talked about for $200, trade in the 20GB hard drive (it's probably like $10 in trade-in) and pick up a 250GB for like $320 total, with an extra controller

that's if you don't really care about Halo and Forza. If you want to play those I'd say just get the Elite

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm curious about Forza but I figure there's always ebay if they suck

Usagi on
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Keith wrote: »
    cadmunky wrote: »
    imo, the elite is the way to go. it's cheap now too.

it's not a bad deal. right now it's bundled with Forza 3 and Halo 3: ODST, and GameStop's giving out a free $50 gift card with the purchase of an elite

it does just come with composite cables, though

it comes with a composite and a/v adapter. can't remember if an hdmi is included. i think not though. but i still ended up with 4 hdmi cables that came from god-knows-where. maybe my monitor.

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Also true.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    bale introduced me to alan wake and i am wanting an xbox360 so I can play games with you guys now

vermiculture on
    steam id: vermiculture
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2010
    imo, the elite is the way to go. it's cheap now too.

it's not a bad deal. right now it's bundled with Forza 3 and Halo 3: ODST, and GameStop's giving out a free $50 gift card with the purchase of an elite

it does just come with composite cables, though

it comes with a composite and a/v adapter. can't remember if an hdmi is included. i think not though. but i still ended up with 4 hdmi cables that came from god-knows-where. maybe my monitor.

since the price dropped to $299 they haven't come with hi-def cables at all. just composite.

it's been even longer for it to have an HDMI cable, I think

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The concerts were fucking awesome.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

cough

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    NotACrook wrote: »

cough

I was just going to tweet you and ask - where does Forza rank in your pantheon of driving games?

Usagi on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

cough

I was just going to tweet you and ask - where does Forza rank in your pantheon of driving games?

At the very top. I, of course, have Forza 3 already, but I have a friend who is crazy about getting it.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

cough

At the very top. I, of course, have Forza 3 already, but I have a friend who is crazy about getting it.

Excellent.

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    skip Forza get Burnout Paradise

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    I think NaS' opinions on racing games probably mirror usagi's more closely than yours do

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hey dru it was nice to talk to you. I just want you to know I didn't cover myself in crotch all weekend long. I had been drinking and I don't know why I told you that

vermiculture on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Forza doesn't let you launch your car off the top of a building for some awesome crashes

or let you drive a delorean

(Burnout Paradise is underrated)

(also I'm more into arcadey style racing than realistic, so that depends on you, Usagi!!)

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hey dru it was nice to talk to you. I just want you to know I didn't cover myself in crotch all weekend long. I had been drinking and I don't know why I told you that

I look forward to meeting you. :)

I hope you can either make Prime, or that beerpax comes together in Oct and that we can all make it.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I missed talking to dru and the other mystery person. Well, to be honest, I think I actually threatened the mystery person but it wasn't so much a conversation, per say.

Whoops.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Oh my god I had forgotten about this.

Listening to this conversation was surreal

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Druhim wrote: »

I hope you can either make Prime, or that beerpax comes together in Oct and that we can all make it.

is that a different BeerPAX than the lancaster one or did that one get pushed all the way to october?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

aww shucks I look forward to meeting you too.
    In a perfect world at both events, but we will see!

vermiculture on
  • Options
    nethneth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well that's stupid

if you go to best buy(for sure) or amazon(i think) you get a $50 gift card with the bundle

neth on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    also verm, I think you said something to me about covering yourself in something that sounded like crotch, and then that's where I took it

unless I didn't misunderstand you and that's actually what you said the first time
    in which case what the fuck dude?

:P

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    neth wrote: »
    Well that's stupid

if you go to best buy(for sure) or amazon(i think) you get a $50 gift card with the bundle

Awesome, thanks!

Just have to discuss the potential impact on mutual finances tonight

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    maybe i'll make it out to PAX Prime

i don't know what my life is going to be like by then, though!!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

is that a different BeerPAX than the lancaster one or did that one get pushed all the way to october?

Pushed to October.

There's simply no way I can make this happen in April or May and to hell with carting around 15 people to go drinking in the middle of summer and then oh hey, whoops, PAX West (yea..ours was awesome and prime can no longer be used, punks) and then hooray for October.

You know...Oktoberfest and all that.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Cocktoberfest

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    DrZiplock wrote: »

Pushed to October.

There's simply no way I can make this happen in April or May and to hell with carting around 15 people to go drinking in the middle of summer and then oh hey, whoops, PAX West (yea..ours was awesome and prime can no longer be used, punks) and then hooray for October.

I just ask that you get the dates nailed down at least a couple of months out. The more advance notice I have of the date, the better my chances of getting the time off.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yep.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh...one of the weirdest things on the Expo floor?

3D fucking gaming.

Ever see Bioshock in 3d? We have. Same with one of the FPSes, but I forget which.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2010
    Was it good?

Tube on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That shoulder rumble thing was really stupid. It just made the base of your neck vibrate the whole time.

Other than that I think the only games we actually bothered to try and play were the indie showcase stuff. A lot of that was neat.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I heard that Wipeout was amazing to play in 3D

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Was it good?

I'm not a great judge of it actually. I tend to avoid 3D movies because it makes my eyes hurt and leaves me with an incredible headache.

However, the time I did spend watching it was pretty incredible. The FPS was split across three screens and just really well done. The guy was running through the jungle and plants and all kinds of things were popping out. After about a minute though I had to stop watching.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Was it good?

I'm not a great judge of it actually. I tend to avoid 3D movies because it makes my eyes hurt and leaves me with an incredible headache.

However, the time I did spend watching it was pretty incredible. The FPS was split across three screens and just really well done. The guy was running through the jungle and plants and all kinds of things were popping out. After about a minute though I had to stop watching.

I thought it looked very good. Thought I heard some people had a little trouble fitting the 3d glasses over their real glasses.
    I was talking to the guy running that booth and he was explaining to me how it was different from 3d glasses you get at the movies. And in all honesty I thought it did look much better than the 3d movie gimmicks.

vermiculture on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Pushed to October.

but Oktoberfest takes place mostly in September!

that's a long time to push it back. I don't know how the weather gets in Lancaster but in Philly it's not too bad until the middle of July

although the way the weather's been so far this year it'll probably be 100 degrees every other day, with the day in between being like 40

edit: also, the West Coast totally doesn't know how to rock the 4th of July

Garlic Bread on
This discussion has been closed.