As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Name that Gameboy game (solved)

BobbleBobble Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
(Pokemon ripoff edition)

Played a gameboy game a few years back and struggling to remember the name now. Basically think of Pokemon but a few differences:
-Your random encounters would be up to 3 monsters at a time, and I think you sent out three as well.
-Extensive breeding system for your monsters
-May have been a ranch/farm to leave your little dudes at to gain partial exp while you were out leveling.
-Catching monsters would sometimes, I think, involve throwing food (possibly varying by your target).

Not a ton to go on, but even if we don't figure it out, maybe I'll get some decent recommendations :P The challenge is put before you! Thanks for any ideas you can toss me :)

Bobble on

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think this would be Dragon Warrior Monsters.

Platy on
  • Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Could it possibly be Monster Rancher?

tech_hunter on
    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I haven't really played them, but could it be one of the Monster Rancher games?

Daenris on
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

This sounds like what he's looking for because I loved this game to death when I was a kid. It could also be its sequel.

Adellios on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Adellios wrote: »

This sounds like what he's looking for because I loved this game to death when I was a kid. It could also be its sequel.

Yes, I remember the shrine and the eggs. Well done! Now to see if my brother has that thing buried somewhere...

Thanks guys!

Bobble on
This discussion has been closed.