As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Movie Car Megathread - Now with 100% more S.H.I.E.L.D.

1242526272830»

• Options
    BoomerjinksBoomerjinks Denver, ColoradoRegistered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I love the variety in the vehicles. "Yes for old men in ghost costumes we've got the Mystery Machine here, usually staffed by a bunch of teenagers. For real ghosts the Ecto 1A should suit your needs, complete with a proton pack and trap. If you're dealing with zombies or other genetic monstrosities you probably want to go with the Umbrella corp car, though we recommend a few classes in kung-fu dog kicking before you get started."

We had a few group made comments pretty similar to this. I hadn't thought it out to that level, we just picked the three cars from the group that had the most to do with Halloween, horror, ghosts, etc. Each of the cars, despite not being a perfect representation of their on-screen counterpart, excited people in ways I hadn't seen before. It was really, really fun.

You tell 'em I'm postin'! And Hell's postin' with me!
    c3hBq.jpg
    Check out Colorado Movie Cars! It's amazing!
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    One day I'd like Ecto Tours to basically be a nearly-automatic $10,000-$15,000 fund raiser that we can just kick at whoever needs it. A few people need mobility chairs? Bam. Service animals for kids? Bam. Just, helping local causes or whoever is in need.

I think we'll get there.

There a workwear place that'd be willing to rent/lend you some ghostbuster coloured overalls? Reckon you'd easily be able to add an extra $50-100 if it included the costume as well.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Boomer, you are seriously a goddamned champion for all of this.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Tastyfish wrote: »

There a workwear place that'd be willing to rent/lend you some ghostbuster coloured overalls? Reckon you'd easily be able to add an extra $50-100 if it included the costume as well.

I've never thought of this. It would be a HUGE pain in the ass to get the right about of suits (unless they were the Rubies costumes) to accommodate everyone in the car... but holy shit I bet people would totally go for that! Thank you!!! You are a wizard!

One more shot of the Magnums together. Not a terrible pair.

4XcbK.jpg

The owner of one of the haunts has a military 6x6, right now we're trying to see if it's possible to arrange for a GB1-style procession of police car-> Ecto -> police car -> "national guard" truck to deliver the donation to Children's Hospital Colorado.

About to check something off the Ecto Bucket List, folks...

c3hBq.jpg
  • Options
    Finally got a picture of the Vespa with one of the newest members of Colorado Movie Cars, a real Initial D AE86!

GbO99.jpg?1

I'm totally okay with increasing the number of anime-related vehicles in the group. Maybe an Akira bike or... the Bebop!

c3hBq.jpg
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    If you get a working full-size replica of the Bebop going you can probably up the price of your tours a bit.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Are there any large bodies of water in Colorado one might be able to park an interplanetary fishing boat?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    We've got a couple of reservoirs that might be suitable for parking an interplanetary fishing boat, but generally speaking Colorado isn't exactly known for large bodies of water.

• Options
    Decision time.

Iy7mt.png

I like the one on the right, but am I barking up the wrong tree? Can these be better?

4 new posters will be available January 1.

c3hBq.jpg
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I definitely prefer the one on the right, the one on the left might work a bit better if the angles looked like they were coming out of the light on top of the box.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Every Dr. Who poster should have a random year on it

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    New poster designs are available on the site right now!

1701-d.jpg

jjprise.jpg

judge.jpg

bluebox.jpg

c3hBq.jpg
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Love the blue used on the Enterprise D poster

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Got this request en masse (pun?) over the last 6 months, finally stopped being lazy and got it DONE.

sr1.jpg

I haven't played the game, but my wife has apparently had a copy stashed for years, so I'm gonna give it a try tonight.

c3hBq.jpg
  • Options
    Good news, everyone!

moviecarposters_com___planet_express_ship_by_boomerjinks-d5qdws5.jpg

c3hBq.jpg
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    This is one of those times I didn't know I wanted something until I saw it and went I've wanted this all along

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I almost think the Planet Express one should say 2999 instead.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Good god man you are pumping these out.

E:
    The Geek wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »
    I almost think the Planet Express one should say 2999 instead.

Or is there anyway to have a 1 rolling over to a 2, like on a mileage meter?

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »
    This is one of those times I didn't know I wanted something until I saw it and went I've wanted this all along

Seriously! I spent so much time making posters on other people's suggestions that I totally skipped over a lot of my favorite ships and vehicles, lol.

c3hBq.jpg
  • Options
    This one had been sitting at 60% for the last 8 months or so. I went on a Wes Anderson kick this weekend and finally finished it. There's an alternate design with Jacqueline Deep Search instead of the Belafonte on www.facebook.com/coloradomoviecars

belafonte.jpg

c3hBq.jpg
  • Options
    Any plans for Pacific Rim posters?
    Seems like the giant robots could work well.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    What about a Veritech Fighter from Robotech?

The 'Guardian' mode (half way between a fighter jet and the robot forms) is, at least to me, a fairly iconic silhouette.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Forar wrote: »
    What about a Veritech Fighter from Robotech?

The 'Guardian' mode (half way between a fighter jet and the robot forms) is, at least to me, a fairly iconic silhouette.
    And the RDF icon on the top half could look awesome.

• Options
    Finally! Had the donation presentation on Tuesday, it was a good day.

gNVBHuV.jpg

c3hBq.jpg
  • Options
    RavynBlackheartRavynBlackheart Registered User regular
    Hey! I saw the car last Friday in Broomfield but nobody was around to talk to...

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So boomer, where can someone purchase these posters?

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Hey! I saw the car last Friday in Broomfield but nobody was around to talk to...

Booo, I was probably running errands during lunch while working on the Trimble building by the airport last week!
    Bucketman wrote: »
    So boomer, where can someone purchase these posters?

www.moviecarposters.com good sir!

Boomerjinks on
    c3hBq.jpg
  • Options
    RavynBlackheartRavynBlackheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2013

Booo, I was probably running errands during lunch while working on the Trimble building by the airport last week!

Yeah, it was over by the Great Scott on 120th, I actually parked and snapped a couple pics with my phone lol.

edit: how I BBCode?! lol

RavynBlackheart on
  • Options
    More recap:

ff9cLiF.jpg?2

y2K4trj.jpg?1

3YQsWMU.jpg?1

oxsov6h.jpg?1

jvDsRmT.jpg?1

Definitely my most successful charity to date, I love it when a plan comes together!

c3hBq.jpg
  • Options
    Not a big update, but still kind of cool.

A few weeks into March I was contacted via the Colorado Movie Cars facebook page by someone who was incredibly interested in taking the Jeep to the premiere of Jurassic Park 3D. This person described him and his friends as huge JP fans, and went into great detail about the costumes they had planned. It's not uncommon for me to receive offers to rent the cars (which I don't do) or to drive people around, and for years I have turned down payment for whatever services I provide so long as the money originally offered goes to a charity. EctoberFest is a prime example of this. So we brainstormed and came up with the idea of donating the "fare" to Dinosaur Ridge, a Fossil Area National Natural Landmark located in Morrison, Colorado, just west of Denver. The money would go to enabling underprivileged kids visit the museum and see the fossilized dino tracks for free!

AbWBRbU.jpg?1

As it turned out, one of the people riding in the Jeep was Neyla Pekarek, a musician in a band called The Lumineers! She was decked out as Ian Malcolm, and her friends rounded off the group as Timmy, John Hammond, and Donald Gennaro.

12dg1Dm.jpg

I was out of town for a wedding on the day of the premiere, so another member of Colorado Movie Cars stepped up and did the driving. He took them for a spin through downtown Denver, where they had a good time with the roaring dino horn, and then they were dropped off for the film. Great stuff!

c3hBq.jpg
  • Options
    Since 2008 I've been working toward building a replica car club here in Denver. Our first group photo was pretty lame.

We shot our second group photo last weekend.

aneTwRd.jpg

Colorado Movie Cars members present: Bluesmobile, General Lee, Ecto-Magnum, Starsky and Hutch Torino, Umbrella Corporation Unit, Initial-D AE86, Squad 51, Bearcat (spousal honorary member), American Graffiti 1932 Coupe, Bumblebee, Black Beauty (in-progress), spy-themed Alpine, Herbie the Love Porsche, Highlander Citroen, 2008 KITT, General Lee again, Doc Hudson, and Jurassic Park Jeep.

Absentee CMC vehicles: Batman Vespa, Blue Angels Trans-Am, Bumblebee #2, Cold Warrior Jeep, Death Proof Nova, FLCL Vespa, third General Lee, GI Joe motorcycle, Hazzard County Sheriff, classic Herbie, New Herbie, Initial-D Mazda Rx-7, Jurassic Jeep #29, Jurassic Jeep #18, classic KITT, Magnum PI Ferrari, Pursuit Special, Supernatural Impala, Pizza Planet truck and the Mystery Machine.

c3hBq.jpg
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    This is awesome thread. I am a little bummed that I missed the Airwolf poster, but whatchagonna do?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Two really great things came in the mail! First is this by a fellow named Adam Diekmann, totally out of the blue. This is the cutest thing that's ever happened to me.

UiX1Hyc.jpg

And secondly.... ECTOBERFEST RIDES AGAIN!!!

YfjxJ1t.jpg?1

c3hBq.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Boomerjinks, you are so awesome! How do I get to be as cool as you?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    doublepost

Boomerjinks on
    c3hBq.jpg
  • Options
    Got a call from a friend the other day saying there was a rather "marvel"ous car I needed to see down in Littleton.

Did not disappoint!

s_h_i_e_l_d__acura_mdx_from_the_avengers_by_boomerjinks-d71xgko.jpg

acura2_by_boomerjinks-d71xijo.jpg

s_h_i_e_l_d__acura_mdx_from_the_avengers_by_boomerjinks-d71xind.jpg

A 2011 Acura MDX decked out in SHIELD gear seems to have randomly appeared for sale in Denver.

The car seems to be mostly accurate to the movies, with the exception of the number stamp on the rear quarter panel. The door logo is as it appears in the film, instead of the more angular TV show logo that was used on an MDX that toured car shows and conventions. That promo car also had a large side step rail mounted under the rocker panels, which is not accurate to the film and does not appear on this car.

So, it could be fan-made, it could be a promo car, or it could be from the film itself. Hopefully I'll know by the end of the week!

c3hBq.jpg