As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hometest Submissions

MuseMuse Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Artist's Corner
Hello all! I don't really post here very often but I hope to change that. Just recently I completed the hometests for RISD and Cooper Union for their freshman applications...in the same period of three weeks. So I ended up making a total of 12 drawings and paintings in that time period. The tests were made so that I had to make works around these problems that were given to me, which goes:
Cooper Union:
Stasis.jpg
Stasis
Billboard.jpg
Design and environmentally Appropriate Billboard with a public service message
Inaccessable.jpg
Inaccessible landscape with articulated foreground and background
RythmicForms.jpg
Series of rhythmic forms and movements
Bowie.jpg
Self portrait with an ideal head or body...me as Glam David Bowie
Bonsai.jpg
Orchid.jpg
Sundew.jpg
Botanical.jpg
Draw from life three botanical specimens and then create a new one from the three specimens
RISD:
RISDBikeDrawing.jpg
Drawing of bicycle
FrontofTwoSidedDrawing.jpg
Insideoftwosideddrawing.jpg
backoftwosideddrawing.jpg
Drawing that utilizes both sides of the paper, I ended up making a tri-fold pamphlet. It isn't obvious from the images, but it's folded so the front side is a door, which opens to a self portrait looking into a mirror which opens again to the interior of a room with a portrait and cut out window, which when folded looks like a separate figure on the back.
ThreePerspectives.jpg
Drawing showing three perspectives
This ended up being the death of me...or it would have been if not for a blizzard making it impossible for distractions and schoolwork haha so....thoughts? crits? threats? I'm open to all of them
Link to old thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=105970

Muse on

• Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hmmmm Not bad. Pretty awesome. I like the bike the best. Spot on accuratacy.

I also like the eye painting and the one using both sides of the paper. Great concepts.

Why not use your old threads? Its a shame that they dissapear into history... never to be seen again... :cry:

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    oh! I didn't think about that....maybe I should do that....how about I change the OP so there's a link to my older one? And yeah, I probably ended up spending the most time on the bicycle piece...because there's just so much you can do to make a bicycle interesting haha

Muse on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Just finished these pieces recently
    NextMixedMediaPiece.jpg
    TwoFigures.jpg

Muse on