As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tam is a Silly [Chat]

• ObsidianiObsidiani __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm hoping someone can help me resolve this dilemma

I need to buy CS4 soon,

but CS5 is coming out in like April I believe?

If I buy CS4 close to the release date of CS5 will I be able to get a free upgrade to CS5? How close?

And is this valid only if I purchase CS4 from Adobe?

Obsidiani on
  • The One 52The One 52 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Forbe: talk about taking it like a man! 8-) Be careful nonetheless.

Obsidiani: CS5 is already on it's way? But it hasn't been a year since I've had CS4. >_<

The One 52 on
    bigbosssig.gif
    The internet does not qualify as grounds where you can act like a bouquet of dick.
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Forbe! wrote: »
    So I dropped a piece of sheet steel on my leg and its kinda bleeding a lot more than I thought it was. When I got home and got ready for bed my leg was covered in blood. I guess I should just sleep it off. I think it stopped.

At the very least, elevate that sucker. wrapping it in gauze might be a good idea too.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It probably didn't hit an artery.

Have fun not bleeding to death in your sleep.

Fugitive on
  • CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yo Tripwire, I agree with your sentiment that all accents are fantastic.

CheerfulBear on
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    NibCrom wrote: »
    Well I don't mean autocrossing among cones in a parking lot. I mean autocrossing at Road America in WI, Gingerman Raceway in MI and the Autobahn in Joliet, IL.

I can't confirm whether or not the SSRs would clear the brake hardware. But they do have some nice wheels.

SSRs are the wheels most corvette drivers at SCCA solo 2 autox events use. At least on corvettes models a few years old.

Autocrossing pretty specifically refers to SCCA solo 2 type cone courses. When you talk about track racing that is either called "road racing" or "track racing".

My autoX vehicle 95 miata I turboed and did some other work on:
    miataturboed.jpg

dyno graph ;) - not a lot of horse power but it only weights 2,350lbs with a full tank of gas, spare tire, jack, etc. which is about 750lbs less than most sports cars out on the market today.
    Dynosmall.jpg

power to weight ratio roughly similar to mid 90s M3s, late 2000s wrxes.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fugitive wrote: »
    It probably didn't hit an artery.

Have fun not bleeding to death in your sleep.

No, but depending on how big/deep the cut is, you wouldn't want to just wing it and say "it'll be alright."

Better be safe than sorry.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Lost my phone, I feel so naked. :(

DeeLock on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    So I dropped a piece of sheet steel on my leg and its kinda bleeding a lot more than I thought it was. When I got home and got ready for bed my leg was covered in blood. I guess I should just sleep it off. I think it stopped.

I'm pretty certain "sleeping off" severe blood loss only leads to one eventuality.

Can I write Forbe's eulogy?

DeeLock wrote: »
    Lost my phone, I feel so naked. :(

That's because your phone was in your pants.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I knew there was something more to this pleasant breeze!

DeeLock on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ikage wrote: »
    Well, I figured out how to do live broadcasts with my camera again. When I get back from the zoo tomorrow I will be live broadcasting some oil painting. So watch for that. It's going to be super exciting.

Joys upon joys, I am super excited to finally see you oils. Also which zoo you are going to? Is it the one with the aviary or the one with the pain in the ass steep hills? I never felt so out of shape until I went to the hill zoo.

The San Diego Zoo has both steep hills and multiple aviaries.

rts on
  • .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yo Tripwire, I agree with your sentiment that all accents are fantastic.

I knew I could count on the linguistics afficionado!

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Fetishists.

You wouldn't believe the accents I have to put up with.

wait, you probably would.

tynic on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I love it that when ever my dad imitates an accent they all sound irish.

MagicToaster on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Funnily enough, whenever my irish friends imitate an accent they all sound irish,

tynic on
    edited March 2010
    I love it when my Argentinian friend imitates someone because they all sound like an argentinian version of the person he's imitating.

MagicToaster on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SSRs are the wheels most corvette drivers at SCCA solo 2 autox events use. At least on corvettes models a few years old.

Autocrossing pretty specifically refers to SCCA solo 2 type cone courses. When you talk about track racing that is either called "road racing" or "track racing".

dyno graph ;) - not a lot of horse power but it only weights 2,350lbs with a full tank of gas, spare tire, jack, etc. which is about 750lbs less than most sports cars out on the market today.

Well, whenever I say racing or track racing or whatever, people think I'm talking about wheel-to-wheel racing. I usually just say it's a timed event or whatever. 2350 is almost featherweight today. An Elise/Exige is what? 1900 – 2000 lbs? If you want to go lighter you need like an Aerial Atom or something.

Nice power-to-weight ratio on your Miata. :)

NibCrom on
    edited March 2010
    I like to drive cars!

rts on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I like to drive cars!

Hey cake is franklin shedding yet? Because last night I made a ball of fur as big as my head with a de-shedding brush and my dog is only like 20 pounds.

Brushing a shedding dog is more fun than popping bubble wrap.

Metalbourne on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Im fine, the cut was only like the size of a quarter, but for some reason it bled alot.

Brushing a shedding dog that doesnt like being brushed is the worst thing ever.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    On Akitas, the hair comes off in clumps, so I would just sit and pull it all off until I had a trashbag full of hair. And yeah, it was a kitchen sized trashbag.

Iruka on
    edited March 2010
    Iruka wrote: »
    On Akitas, the hair comes off in clumps, so I would just sit and pull it all off until I had a trashbag full of hair. And yeah, it was a kitchen sized trashbag.

I wish mine did that

Metalbourne on
  • ObsidianiObsidiani __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    The One 52 wrote: »
    Obsidiani: CS5 is already on it's way? But it hasn't been a year since I've had CS4. >_<

Yea, CS5 is already about to come out.

Obsidiani on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I haven't upgraded in a while... It makes me wonder if there is anything in CS3 onwards that I actually need.

Grenn on
    edited March 2010
    I like to drive cars!

Hey cake is franklin shedding yet? Because last night I made a ball of fur as big as my head with a de-shedding brush and my dog is only like 20 pounds.

Brushing a shedding dog is more fun than popping bubble wrap.

I sweep up more hair in a week than most dogs probably produce in their lifetime.

The shedding and the drool are pretty much the only really annoying things about my dog. But if I don't sweep for a few days the house can get outright disgusting.

rts on
    edited March 2010
    Grenn wrote: »
    I haven't upgraded in a while... It makes me wonder if there is anything in CS3 onwards that I actually need.

I stopped caring at CS2.

MagicToaster on
    edited March 2010
    I feel sorry for people who can't enjoy brushing a shedding dog

Metalbourne on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    I found brushing was really only 40% effective at doing anything about my dogs hair. He grew tired of it in a matter of minutes. The alternative is shaving though, and trimmed akitas look stupid.

Iruka on
    edited March 2010
    You need the Suck Master 5000.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    Guys Conan is doing a tour! GO SEE HIM.

http://teamcoco.com/

bombardier on
    edited March 2010
    You need the Suck Master 5000.

I read some reviews, they said it really sucks.

MagicToaster on
  • Agent ColemanAgent Coleman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Only problem with the Conan tour is that the cheapest ticket is like 60 bucks...justifiable I suppose...

Agent Coleman on
    edited March 2010
    You used to be able to see the show for free by calling in advance.

I think his people are just taking advantage of all this Conan H8s Leno bullshit. He is a funny guy but I wouldn't see him for $71.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    NibCrom wrote: »

Well, whenever I say racing or track racing or whatever, people think I'm talking about wheel-to-wheel racing. I usually just say it's a timed event or whatever. 2350 is almost featherweight today. An Elise/Exige is what? 1900 – 2000 lbs? If you want to go lighter you need like an Aerial Atom or something.

Nice power-to-weight ratio on your Miata. :)

Yea the Elise is 2000lbs you have to get an elise s260 (lighter supercharged version) to get down below 2,000lbs IIRC.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
  • IkageIkage Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh man shedding dogs are the best.
    But I had a Giant Alaskan Malamute, her hair came off in CLUMPS. You could just reach off her back and easily come off with a fist full. It was neat until it rained and she would come in and just try to shake and dry off. Sending wet clumps of fur everywhere.

You guys make me miss my dog.

Also the San Diego Zoo made me feel the most fattest and out-of-shape in my whole life. But I can't remember the other one might of just been the Wild Animal Park in Escondido since that one is still in conjunction to sea world so I can still get free tickets. But it was not as hilly.

Also Forbe good to see you alive

Ikage on
    STRONGER THEN DIRT!! DIRT STRONG!
    edited March 2010
    I like to drive cars!

Yay! Cars are fun!

On CS3/4/5 – InDesign CS4 has saved me a lot of time. The live preflight is nice, but it's the smart grids that I couldn't live without now.

CS5 is coming out April 12, I heard.

NibCrom on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Im fine, the cut was only like the size of a quarter, but for some reason it bled alot.

Brushing a shedding dog that doesnt like being brushed is the worst thing ever.

In my freshman year of Ringling, I was in the metal shop on Halloween completing up a project.

Suddenly, another student runs in the back screaming, "GET HELP, GET HELP!" Blood was going everywhere, dripping from his hand.

Everyone laughed...
    Nice job! Happy Halloween! The blood almost looks re... oh god.

Anyway, the guy had almost cut three of his fingers off with the bandsaw in the woodshop further down the way. Fortunately he was fine after a while and regained most of the use of his fingers. There was some small grimace of irony in that he was the wood shop safety monitor...

(Im glad you're fine!)

Wassermelone on
    edited March 2010
    If I had 3 pdf files and I wanted to turn them into one pdf file, how could I do that?

Metalbourne on
    edited March 2010
    Go to Acrobat > Document > Insert Pages

NibCrom on
This discussion has been closed.