As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh shit I didn't show up for jury duty

14567810»

• Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    naporeon wrote:
    naporeon wrote:
    Indigo, while we're on the topic of scary shit, I've been meaning to tell you that Arthur Rackham is one of the biggest reasons I'm happy that I didn't grow up between 1890 and 1930. I think that seeing his illustrations as a very young child would probably have scared me into illiteracy.

Oh my god, I LOVE Arthur Rackham! I think his illustrations are absolutely fantastic!

Have you looked at many of them, or just the ones pertaining to the more horrific of the Grimm Brothers' fairy tales? Because he has plenty that aren't scary in any way. And many of them have hot womens in them *nudge nudge*.

^_^

God, I would die for a print of one of his drawings.
    You like Arthur Rackham? Why, I am all astonishment and shock. Let me collect myself....

I've seen pretty much everything that websearching could locate. I even had them as a rotating wallpaper for a while. I love them, but I'm just saying that I would've soiled myself over some of them as a kid...and not in the way that you apparently soil yourself over them. I mean in a bad, scary way, not a fun, enthusiastic way.

And yes, there are some hot womens in many of them.

Hahaha

Well, when I was a kid I had other picture books that had illustrations similar to his, so that might be part of it. I always actually found that style rather comforting (the colors used and the composition).
    When I lived in Scotland, I volunteered as a tour guide at a museum. Like most tour guides, I liked to pepper my chit-chat with trivia. One of the tidbits I used actually involved Rackham, although we did not (to my knowledge, anyhow) display any of his work. It turns out that Arthur Rackham and John William Waterhouse both lived in the same building (the Primrose Hill Studios), though years apart.

naporeon on