As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TKane wrote: »
    Suriko wrote: »
    Switch Team button.

There's a switch team button?! I never knew that.... nyoro~n

The only way to switch teams on 360 is if a friend is on the other team and he sends you a squad invite.

Ranced on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Finally picked this up (360), the 1911 is my baby and we've done some stuff worthy of John Woo already. Sent a friend request to the metatag, my gamertag is UnearthedYeti.

Arrath on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    No you stupid fucking server browser, if i say I want a ranked 0 player server, you do not report one that's actually not ranked, nor one that has over six players playing.

Christ it's annoying to join a server and come out only to see nothing registered towards the next rank.

Suriko on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    WraithXt1 wrote: »
    I'm so bad at this game, i must be doing something wrong. I mean it isn't that i dont win fire fights or anything, because i do. I'm not a bad shot. But i keep getting killed pretty much as soon as i spawn, a lot of the time i don't even get to move 5 steps before an M60 or a grenade or sniper kills me from some spot in the woods where i can't even see them.

I have my good games sometimes, but i also seem to always have more deaths than kills. Anyone have any tips for evading these kinds of tactics? Like i said i can hit stuff just fine, its just that i keep dying while travelling, i must not be doing it right.

Have you changed your FOV to something more reasonable than 55? If you havent, you're literally playing with horse blinders on. Change it o at LEAST 70, I'd recommend something around 75-80

Wait you can change your FoV? How do you do that?

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm so bad at this game, i must be doing something wrong. I mean it isn't that i dont win fire fights or anything, because i do. I'm not a bad shot. But i keep getting killed pretty much as soon as i spawn, a lot of the time i don't even get to move 5 steps before an M60 or a grenade or sniper kills me from some spot in the woods where i can't even see them.

I have my good games sometimes, but i also seem to always have more deaths than kills. Anyone have any tips for evading these kinds of tactics? Like i said i can hit stuff just fine, its just that i keep dying while travelling, i must not be doing it right.

Have you changed your FOV to something more reasonable than 55? If you havent, you're literally playing with horse blinders on. Change it o at LEAST 70, I'd recommend something around 75-80

settings file in your documents>bfbc2 folder.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

settings file in your documents>bfbc2 folder.

You can also turn off bloom in there..ooo..i had no idea. Thank you.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ALRIGHT PEOPLE

ALL OF YOU ARE FUCKED IF YOU WANNA BE ADDED TO THE OP

HAVE FUN Y'ALL

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, folks should keep in mind that the best cover isn't that concrete barrier where the enemy knows you are. It's only a matter of seconds before you'll get hit with any sort of things to clear you out, usually explosives. The best cover is the kind where the enemy never sees you.

Case in point, played a game of Rush and kept hopping on a heavy MG. The people who went behind barriers were toast because they had to come up sometime and I was waiting for them. The ones who would kill me were the ones who peeked out from behind a tree and rocketed me before I could kill them.

EDIT: I'm also firmly of the opinion that all MG emplacements need some form of protection. A heavy MG requires actual effort to bring down. A regular MG without the armor last about three seconds before somebody headshots the user, thus meaning nobody uses them and thus meaning they're pointless. Just a plate or something to at least keep them safe from most headshots on the same plane as them.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I kicked so much butt today. Everyone felt the wrath of the Spas. Or the 416.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    EDIT: I'm also firmly of the opinion that all MG emplacements need some form of protection. A heavy MG requires actual effort to bring down. A regular MG without the armor last about three seconds before somebody headshots the user, thus meaning nobody uses them and thus meaning they're pointless. Just a plate or something to at least keep them safe from most headshots on the same plane as them.

I greatly disagree. Mostly because I play recon.

But I get this big smile and have a wonderful time as the stationary weapon user pops off the gun in some fun, dramatic way.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So what's the deal with the gun emplacements with the armor screens? Are you supposed to not be able to see anything, and you have to rely on spotting to know where to shoot? Or am I doing it wrong?

MolotovCockatoo on
    Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So what's the deal with the gun emplacements with the armor screens? Are you supposed to not be able to see anything, and you have to rely on spotting to know where to shoot? Or am I doing it wrong?

If you are running direct x 9 then you're doing it wrong. I'm doing it wrong too. I'm sure this fix is way down on their to-do list.

Ash-Housewares on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hang on to your hats boys and girls, I figured out a way to completely eliminate mouse smoothing (aka negative acceleration) AND make turrets move at their maximum speed without effecting your normal mouse movement. Will post the juicy details shortly....

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    holy crap i've played like 3 games and I killed one guy. what am I not doing right? I watched that vid on how to not be a nub and everything!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bombboybombboy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Assault and Medic full unlocks down. Engi and Recon to! :D

bombboy on
    XBL - BombBoyGT | PSN - BombBoyGT | Steam - BombBoy | BF4
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    holy crap i've played like 3 games and I killed one guy. what am I not doing right? I watched that vid on how to not be a nub and everything!

Just play. It'll come to you eventually.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    mouth smoothing

About damn time. People and their rough mouths, I just won't stand for it any more.
    Ok i'll stand for it as long as they kneel.
    HEY-OOOOOOOOO

Ash-Housewares on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, super fail on my part.

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

You start out with awful weapons. Focus on protecting targets or working within a squad. Find a GOOD squad. For example, play a medic a bit with the machine gun. Eventually you will get a medkit and later the defibulator. Those are massive sources of XP. Unfortunately, you will need to grind kills and such with a team.

If you are attacking an MCOM, SPOT it (with the Q key). It seems to designate it as the attacking location. If your squad or you gets a kill, you get an XP bonus. The same with defense. Also, as you learn the maps, you will learn paths to move to get the drop on people, always spot first, then shoot. It is important. if you fail, at least everyone else knows where they are.

One other thing, if you aren't gaining ground or working well with folks on Attacking team, you are burning tickets (on Rush maps). Play safe. If you are defense, know that suicide attacks that cause ANY harm to the enemy is a good thing (unless a hole is left in the defensive lines, which means attackers can penetrate more easily).

Give yourself time. Eventually you unlock the useful items. Also, if you play assault, get the 40MM grenade launcher. It is the equalizer for a new player.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I unlocked the M60 and had a bit of a play with it.

Meh?

It's definitely better than the other LMGs, so I can see why every medic uses it, but I'd still rather have an assault rifle in my hands.

Suriko on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Meh?

It's definitely better than the other LMGs, so I can see why every medic uses it, but I'd still rather have an assault rifle in my hands.

Well, the LMG accuracy kit really does make it interesting. A cone of death that is quite effective. Still, 4/5 an assault will kill you in closer range.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Meh?

Personally, I don't like any of the assault rifles. I much prefer any LMG. The M60 is pretty great, but I stopped using it when I unlocked the MG36.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Having a face to face encounter with Sir Carl Gustav and his friend that fired him at point blank is no fun. Especially when they get away with it unscathed.

Also, goddamn the 870 with slugs and magnum ammo is powerful.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think I've converted from being a really shitty Medic player to a moderately less shitty Ninja Shotgun Carl Gustav Engineer player.

The combo of blowing shit right the fuck up and sneaking behind enemy lines and shotgunning someone point blank in the back is quite a lot of fun.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Machismo wrote: »

You start out with awful weapons. Focus on protecting targets or working within a squad. Find a GOOD squad. For example, play a medic a bit with the machine gun. Eventually you will get a medkit and later the defibulator. Those are massive sources of XP. Unfortunately, you will need to grind kills and such with a team.

If you are attacking an MCOM, SPOT it (with the Q key). It seems to designate it as the attacking location. If your squad or you gets a kill, you get an XP bonus. The same with defense. Also, as you learn the maps, you will learn paths to move to get the drop on people, always spot first, then shoot. It is important. if you fail, at least everyone else knows where they are.

One other thing, if you aren't gaining ground or working well with folks on Attacking team, you are burning tickets (on Rush maps). Play safe. If you are defense, know that suicide attacks that cause ANY harm to the enemy is a good thing (unless a hole is left in the defensive lines, which means attackers can penetrate more easily).

Give yourself time. Eventually you unlock the useful items. Also, if you play assault, get the 40MM grenade launcher. It is the equalizer for a new player.

Thank you for taking the time to type this out :D

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, if I actually like the PKM and the first unlock LMG am I going to be amazed by the later ones or something? Because honestly I'm not having any trouble with the starter weapons (except maybe the starter engi gun, tommy gun4lyfe)

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    how come my Q button seems to work only some of the time?

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's strange, try shooting at the guy a little first, then spotting him

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arrath wrote: »
    So, if I actually like the PKM and the first unlock LMG am I going to be amazed by the later ones or something? Because honestly I'm not having any trouble with the starter weapons (except maybe the starter engi gun, tommy gun4lyfe)

Yeah, but this is true with every class. The starter guns are all pretty inferior.

EDIT: Yeah, except for the M24 rifle. It's pretty great.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

There's a delay between spotting. It's to stop people from just scanning the horizon and spamming the spot button and spotting the entire opposing team.

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Not with Recon. The M24 is a fantastic rifle overall.

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh... and I guess add me to the list of PC players. Game name is cwar.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TKane wrote: »

There's a delay between spotting. It's to stop people from just scanning the horizon and spamming the spot button and spotting the entire opposing team.

Not a 'delay,' per say, but if you miss spotting too many times in a row it makes it so spot no longer works for 5 seconds? Not sure on the exact timing or how many times you need to miss or how quickly you need to press it but yeah.

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There was a lot of whinning today from the oposing team. They hide inside buildings across from the point, get angry when our team fired grenades into it to take out the cover "Stop the nade spam douche bags". Someone gets kicked for using an M60, then the person who kicked them turns around and uses one himself. 3 medics with M60's sat at our spawn point for about 10 mins just mowing down every person that spawned, i died probably 15 times to this because the rest of my squad also had to spawn there because we had all died. Of course they don't complain when their team is doing things, only when we get some kills or start to cause trouble for them, it became cheating or "douchebaggery". It got old really fast and totally ruined what is normally a fun place to play.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There was a lot of whinning today from the oposing team. They hide inside buildings across from the point, get angry when our team fired grenades into it to take out the cover "Stop the nade spam douche bags". Someone gets kicked for using an M60, then the person who kicked them turns around and uses one himself. 3 medics with M60's sat at our spawn point for about 10 mins just mowing down every person that spawned, i died probably 15 times to this because the rest of my squad also had to spawn there because we had all died. Of course they don't complain when their team is doing things, only when we get some kills or start to cause trouble for them, it became cheating or "douchebaggery". It got old really fast and totally ruined what is normally a fun place to play.

This wasn't on the Dome was it? D:

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

This can all be summed up in pretty much one word.
    Goomba

I don't know why I even play in servers he's in.

Warcry on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Warcry wrote: »

This can all be summed up in pretty much one word.
    Goomba

I don't know why I even play in servers he's in.
    Uh, what

I haven't said anything in the main, annoying, full-of-whining channel for days. Or kicked anyone for using the M60 since Duld. And that was Duld so like, no fault there.

Maybe you should take what I told you to heart, Warcry.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The NeoStead 2000 shotgun with Magnum ammo and the Slug upgrade is basically the Deagle from Left 4 Dead 2. Same accuracy, same guaranteed kills when you hit anywhere, same reload time, same eazy modization. Medic popup with an M60? Stay calm, it takes him 4 shots on average to kill you, while you only need one. Assault guy 50 yards out ready to pop you? Shoot him! Your bullet will make it! Up against a squad? 4 shots = 4 kills as long as you don't totally miss. Torso shots, leg shots, arm shots, they're all good. If you hit a hand or something, you end up dealing like 95% damage. Take the M93R to finish them off in the unlikely event that they don't die to your first hit.

Great for putting dents in the enemy's ticket counter and sneaking behind the lines. The enemy can't warn of your presence if they're killed as soon as you click on them.

Also, Goomba: *jingle jingle*

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I really wish I could look down the iron sights on the shotguns with slugs. I am having really bad luck today with it not hitting even though I thought I had it right on them.

Also I apparently unlocked the NS last night before logging off, it's a pretty cool looking shotgun, didn't realise it was some wacky breach loader.

Morkath on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I haven't played this game in awhile, I should probably do that. The servers still seem fucked.

Still don't know who was so blackout drunk they made Goomba an admin, either.

Sarksus on
This discussion has been closed.