As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    PS, Thank you to everyone who donated. It was much more than expected. Still don't know who two of you are though, (P and C).

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sladvan if I donate will you make me an admin

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    s3rial one wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Anyone else find it funny that engineers of all people have silenced weapons? I mean when I think stealth, yeah I think of the guy with a fucking rocket launcher on his back.

I think people really sell the SMGs short because of it, too.

Yeah, they're pea shooters even at medium ranges. But there's no muzzle flash to aim at with engineer weapons. They're great for shooting from cover, because if your target isn't looking right at you, he'll never know where you are.

Oh I don't sell them short, they are f'ing lethal, the scar's lower fire rate allows me to conserve better between shots, and fire shorter bursts get better accuracy.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    High fire rate means high recoil means piss-poor accuracy. It also means chewing through ammo faster and spending more time reloading. The lower fire rate on the M60 is an advantage, not a hindrance.

are you sure about this? unless I'm reading the chart wrong, the M60 has the worst recoil, much worse than the MG3, which has a much higher rate of fire.

This chart may be more useful understanding recoil. Boiling it down like he does in that chart I posted isn't very useful.

These numbers are from beta, but to the best of my knowledge, recoil hasn't changed.

Basically, amplitude modifies the kick. Kick is is a measure of how much the accuracy degrades per-shot, and amplitude modifies how kick is multiplied with multiple shots.

Long story short, the M60 is extremely accurate with short bursts; the most accurate LMG by far. It's dreadful on full auto, though.

that explains it a bit better. I agree with you that the m60 needs changin', but I don't agree with the hyperbole a lot of the whiners around here use. if the LMGs suck like in BF2 I'll just play another class or go back to BF2 where my medic can contribute.

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    DJ Cam CamDJ Cam Cam Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The best thing is when you stab someone as they shoot you and you both die.

DJ Cam Cam on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ooooh, BC2 sigs. Neato.

5d822.png

Dog tag stat is odd, only shows uniques.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    EtherealWalrusEtherealWalrus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Questions:
    On the Sigg-O-Matic site, if you select Xbox360, do you just use your gamertag? I would assume so but I've tried like 8 times.
    Also: How in the hell do you get your rockets to lock onto darted vehicles? Even looking straight at them my rocket follows the same trajectory as always.

EtherealWalrus on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Carl Gustav is an asshole who killed my mother and raped my father

Oddly enough, he did it with an M60.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anyone else find it funny that engineers of all people have silenced weapons? I mean when I think stealth, yeah I think of the guy with a fucking rocket launcher on his back.

I think people really sell the SMGs short because of it, too.

Yeah, they're pea shooters even at medium ranges. But there's no muzzle flash to aim at with engineer weapons. They're great for shooting from cover, because if your target isn't looking right at you, he'll never know where you are.

Oh I don't sell them short, they are f'ing lethal, the scar's lower fire rate allows me to conserve better between shots, and fire shorter bursts get better accuracy.

I prefer the SCAR, too. I've really been turned off the high-RoF weapons. Accuracy is king in this game. Burst fire is what I do almost all the time, and that style of shooting makes RoF largely moot.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Questions:
    On the Sigg-O-Matic site, if you select Xbox360, do you just use your gamertag? I would assume so but I've tried like 8 times.
    Also: How in the hell do you get your rockets to lock onto darted vehicles? Even looking straight at them my rocket follows the same trajectory as always.

You keep targeting the little red square the tracer creates until a little range number pops up below it.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

Yeah. I thought the same thing in BC1. But I basically use Engi as a ninja class anyway. Hide, wait for tanks to run by, tracer dart them, or go ahead and put out some mines. If you're running the CG then blast open a wall, blast the assholes inside.

Sheep on
  • Options
    EnglishBobEnglishBob Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What's going on with Angry Dome? 5/32 on the server and I get booted to desktop when I try to join.

EnglishBob on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Questions:

360/PS3 siggomatic stuff is busted becuase EA's servers are busted.

Sheep on
  • Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This chart may be more useful understanding recoil. Boiling it down like he does in that chart I posted isn't very useful.

These numbers are from beta, but to the best of my knowledge, recoil hasn't changed.

Basically, amplitude modifies the kick. Kick is is a measure of how much the accuracy degrades per-shot, and amplitude modifies how kick is multiplied with multiple shots.

Long story short, the M60 is extremely accurate with short bursts; the most accurate LMG by far. It's dreadful on full auto, though.
    Seriously, you just need to shut the hell up. All your post on this new thread has been nothing but bitching about M60 and it carried over from last one.

We GET IT. You really, really HATE M60. Your "logic" or "data" make sense to you but do you think whining about it for past week will get EA to nerf it? Just stop and play the game. If you don't enjoy because of M60 then stop playing this game.

I have unlocked all Medic perks and I still use SAW or MG36 as my main with red-dot. M60 might be bit more accurate and has more stopping power, it has much slower rate of fire and more recoil. I can get 2-3 shots in if the guy I am trying to shoot doesn't notice me and kill him. But in head to head battle, my aim is thrown off when I get shot. This happens quite a bit because rate of fire for M60 is slow. But with SAW or MG36 I can easily mow down enemy without much worries when going head to head.

AhiMahi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

Yeah. I thought the same thing in BC1. But I basically use Engi as a ninja class anyway. Hide, wait for tanks to run by, tracer dart them, or go ahead and put out some mines. If you're running the CG then blast open a wall, blast the assholes inside.

I don't use the CG because I personally use my rpg for tank busting first and foremost. I know I'm a heathen.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How the hell do I have 58 dog tags but only 26 knife kills?

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    EtherealWalrusEtherealWalrus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the answers. Now to go dart those useless recons in my squad who end the game at like 2/13 on offense.

EtherealWalrus on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Even though God knows why serial took me seriously, I put his info in the OP since it's useful

So thanks buddy

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jesus Christ! Looking at the numbers on people's sigs, it just blows me away. I have only played 15 hours, yet others have played 2+ days?!? Jesus. And I got it on release day.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dusda wrote: »
    How the hell do I have 58 dog tags but only 26 knife kills?

I've *heard* that Dogtags from Beta carried over, but not any kill stats.

If you didn't play in Beta then disregard that.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    that explains it a bit better. I agree with you that the m60 needs changin', but I don't agree with the hyperbole a lot of the whiners around here use. if the LMGs suck like in BF2 I'll just play another class or go back to BF2 where my medic can contribute.

I agree entirely. I don't want the M60 nerfed into oblivion. But for what the M60 does well, it's actually better because of the lower rate of fire. Right now it's got the best per-shot damage, the best long-range lethality, the best burst accuracy, and it's got all of those things over other guns by a fairly large margin. It has a normal clip size, normal reload times, and normal full-auto accuracy (which is to say: terrible). The only things other guns do better than it are spraying a lot of bullets or holding more bullets.

Personally? The MG36 is my LMG of choice because I like the scope and it's still a pretty accurate burst-fire weapon, but it is, in every way that helps me kill people, worse than the M60. Except the total ammo capacity.

I just want better balance amongst the LMGs is all. Too much goodness piled into that one weapon, while most of the others are terribly mediocre.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm surprised at how many folks have a Negative K/D ratio.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Get on the wrong end of a rape, or care more about marking and completing objectives and your k/d plummets, I'd be surprised if I have above .5

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Although mine is still positive, I can see it decreasing steadily what with me constantly choosing to suicide for a much better needed class in Rush.

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Even though God knows why serial took me seriously, I put his info in the OP since it's useful

So thanks buddy

Dude, I don't know who you are. All I know is some random guy suddenly started complaining about the conversation I was having with a couple other people, and then started talking about banning me from the server.

If I misread and you were joking, I'm sorry.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm a medic

I save lives

So I save four or five people and eventually get shot

I tend to spend most of my rounds healing people or repairing tanks or marking targets

I spend very little time actually shooting

@Serial: S'all good

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    God I am terrible at this, I might need to lower my graffix even more so its at least fluid terrible

best kill was leaping over an asshole that was coming up a hill at me and knifing him in the ass

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    EnglishBob wrote: »
    What's going on with Angry Dome? 5/32 on the server and I get booted to desktop when I try to join.

It let me connect :(

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Does the .50 cal have the same type of penetration as it does in single player? I know I've indianna jonesed a couple enemies in single and I would love to have that functionality in multi.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sladvan answer my question via PM

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Where does the sigs get the stats from? I don't see anything on the official site about stats.

Peewi on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

1) I suck.

2) I get a fuckload of kill assists and whatnot, none of which seem to count towards my K/D ratio.

3) I suck.

4) I tend to play Medic and Engineer, and play both of them as support classes.

5) But mainly, it's because I suck. At least my sig picture accurately reflects my level of BC2 skills.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah when you tap to fire the M60 it's only a huge visual recoil so if you just keep tapping the guy'll die.

That said everyone thinks the M60, CG, 40mm, (XM8AN-94M416M16A2SCAR-LM1911), reviving, and probably something else are all overpowered. Even I'm tired of discussing it since basically everyone agrees and there's other weapons that are just as powerful as the M60 for any combat class in combat range. I don't like being sniped by ARs or LMGs but most of the time it's not an issue at all.

One time I sniped a UAV. BFM (tm)

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Klyka.png

Cool thing

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Peewi wrote: »
    Where does the sigs get the stats from? I don't see anything on the official site about stats.

Click one of the sigs....links you straight to the site.

alternately:
    http://bfbc2.elxx.net/

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sladvan answer my question via PM

Typically, no, donation does not reward you with being an admin. You're donating, not buying powers. If you're on at a time when most people aren't around, I could see giving someone the ability to kick so other people might get in the server when its full.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I wouldn't worry about having a high K/D ratio. I don't even know why they'd put that in the sig.

You know who has the highest K/D ratios? Those pussy snipers on offense who spend the entire first phase of Isla Innocentes sniping and mortar striking the defenders. I'm sure they have great K/D ratios, despite causing their teams to routinely lose because they can't get enough of a force to take a single MCOM.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You're a terrible person.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You're a terrible person.

Yeah well, So's your face!

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I wouldn't worry about having a high K/D ratio. I don't even know why they'd put that in the sig.

You know who has the highest K/D ratios? Those pussy snipers on offense who spend the entire first phase of Isla Innocentes sniping and mortar striking the defenders. I'm sure they have great K/D ratios, despite causing their teams to routinely lose because they can't get enough of a force to take a single MCOM.

I was playing on a rush map this morning where consistently there were two defenders in the attacker base picking off one dude or so. We were taking the mcoms so they weren't slowing us down, but I'm sure their K/D was fantastic.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.