As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• Options
    angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Peewi wrote: »
    Where does the sigs get the stats from? I don't see anything on the official site about stats.

I did some looking around and found this: http://badcompany2.ea.com/stats which displays 0 for all stats and won't update, and people said it was disabled.

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Listen if Goomba can be an admin

anyone can be

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »
    Sladvan answer my question via PM

Typically, no, donation does not reward you with being an admin. You're donating, not buying powers. If you're on at a time when most people aren't around, I could see giving someone the ability to kick so other people might get in the server when its full.

And that's the way it should be. Bravo. Give because you enjoy giving and playing on their server. Not because you're filling a need in your life with some (albeit limited) power over people.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

anyone can be

Anyone but Zen.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    s3rial one wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about having a high K/D ratio. I don't even know why they'd put that in the sig.

You know who has the highest K/D ratios? Those pussy snipers on offense who spend the entire first phase of Isla Innocentes sniping and mortar striking the defenders. I'm sure they have great K/D ratios, despite causing their teams to routinely lose because they can't get enough of a force to take a single MCOM.

I was playing on a rush map this morning where consistently there were two defenders in the attacker base picking off one dude or so. We were taking the mcoms so they weren't slowing us down, but I'm sure their K/D was fantastic.

Yeah, this is why I was wishing for class cap options for servers. One or two snipers? Fine. Probably even helpful.

But I'd say more often than not, the attackers in Isla Innocentes (it's just a good example; it's bad in other maps, too) fail to even get through the first phase not because they're necessarily bad players, but because they have 2-3 full squads of snipers, and all the non-snipers are grossly outnumbered every time they push for an MCOM.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    I'm surprised at how many folks have a Negative K/D ratio.

1) I suck.

2) I get a fuckload of kill assists and whatnot, none of which seem to count towards my K/D ratio.

3) I suck.

4) I tend to play Medic and Engineer, and play both of them as support classes.

5) But mainly, it's because I suck. At least my sig picture accurately reflects my level of BC2 skills.

You and me Lawndart, we're two peas in a pod.

Seriously, if I could have it remove my Engineer stats I'd probably have a positive K/D. My Engy-Fu is weak. I once scored a whole 30 points in a round as an Engineer. Wasn't proud of that.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

anyone can be

Anyone but Zen.

Although it'd be kind of funny if you said "Sure, Zen. For $1,000 bucks."

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    After I fulfilled my dream I no longer have an insatiable urge to kick. My kick-lust has left me. I am a more whole person.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Where does the sigs get the stats from? I don't see anything on the official site about stats.

Click one of the sigs....links you straight to the site.

alternately:
    http://bfbc2.elxx.net/

That's not quite what I meant. I'm pretty sure that's not an official site. I was wondering where it got the stats from.

Peewi on
  • Options
    DJ Cam CamDJ Cam Cam Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think the US medics mustache is the single most annoying thing about this game. Having to look at that on the kill cam when you get killed by him. FFFFFFF

DJ Cam Cam on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey.

Hey Zen.

Remember when we rode around on a quad with you on the back dropping mines?

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

I did some looking around and found this: http://badcompany2.ea.com/stats which displays 0 for all stats and won't update, and people said it was disabled.

They turned it off because of the ridiculous load on their servers. They stated it would come back once everything calms down and the server stability was no longer an issue (it'll be a while :P)

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    DJ Cam Cam wrote: »
    I think the US medics mustache is the single most annoying thing about this game. Having to look at that on the kill cam when you get killed by him. FFFFFFF

Molestache!

l8J32.jpg

That thing ought to come standard-issue with an '83 Camaro, a couple crack rocks, and a dingy apartment right across the street from the elementary school.

It bothers me when I play medic just know I look like that.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I wondered what Keith Hernandez was doing these days. Turns out he sat for motion capture for EA.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The US medic looks like the typically Navy Corpsman to me.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So should I feel bad because my KD thingamajig isn't bad? I mean, I do the objective stuff like blowing things up and stopping things from getting blown up, but I just happen to kill a lot of people getting there.

Ninja+Snarl.png

Also, killing mans. Hell yeah.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I wondered what Keith Hernandez was doing these days. Turns out he sat for motion capture for EA.

He also does color commentary for Mets games. Unintentional comedy++.

twmjr on
  • Options
    belaraphonbelaraphon michiganRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    k/d ratios make people play stupid and selfish. its all about the team/support points.

belaraphon on
    belaraphon.png
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I have so little dogtags. My UK ping hates it when I try to stab anyone.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Getting better slowly. Starting to enjoy the Carl Gustav party.
    And I still love UAVing. Found new fun with the UAV and smoke grenades. You can smash those things through walls. Pretty much just give the MCOMM station a ton of problems, but except for a few missle hit usually not alot of score in it. But you can chip away at the building and keep it drenched in smoke.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey.

Hey Zen.

Remember when we rode around on a quad with you on the back dropping mines?

hahahah

let's do that but with the gustav next time

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The US medic looks like the typically Navy Corpsman to me.
    US medic makes me think of this guy

gunghofull.jpg

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It is amazing how gay that GI Joe looks. Corrupting my generation! DAMN YOU and your leftist agenda!
    belaraphon wrote: »
    k/d ratios make people play stupid and selfish. its all about the team/support points.

Agreed. Why is it that experience points aren't listed? Or Experience/Game? That would be much more valuable.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

People need to start using the suicide option when defending. Infinite tickets give us the luxury to become whatever we want whenever we want damn it.

Ranced on
  • Options
    MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anyone get video freezes every 40 mins when playing this game?

Mugaaz on
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I do like these sigs they are rather snazzy

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    EA’s chief financial officer Eric Brown has reiterated the company’s “extensive paid digital content plan” for DICE’s Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

The recently released shooter will give players “multiple opportunities to spend five, 10 or 15 dollars on additional content in the next six months or so,” Brown said today during Wedbush’s financial conference in New York, also revealing an interesting figure; 85 percent of players have activated the VIP code included with new copies of the game.

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I play well AND have a positive K/D ratio. :P

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    EA’s chief financial officer Eric Brown has reiterated the company’s “extensive paid digital content plan” for DICE’s Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

The recently released shooter will give players “multiple opportunities to spend five, 10 or 15 dollars on additional content in the next six months or so,” Brown said today during Wedbush’s financial conference in New York, also revealing an interesting figure; 85 percent of players have activated the VIP code included with new copies of the game.

That figure is not interesting at all.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    belaraphonbelaraphon michiganRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ranced wrote: »

People need to start using the suicide option when defending. Infinite tickets give us the luxury to become whatever we want whenever we want damn it.

and one more thing! if defenders see the flashing message to fall back - fucking ignore it! defenders win by killing people and depleting tickets. kill everyone you see wherever you are! retreating just means you are going to be shot in the back. plus if you do die its a free re-spawn where you are retreating to!

belaraphon on
    belaraphon.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have the VIP code since the digital version of the game WAS the limited edition

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't think that re-skin uniform/guns DLC with tied in achievements coming out on the 18th is going to be free anymore.

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Also thanks for DLCing me to death in an online multiplayer game

Shit better just be cosmetic

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I love how everyone has played the game much MUCH longer than me.

It's like "Hey Klyka,you don't have much time for this shit,huh?"

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If you guys want, I believe the developer for the Sigg-O-Matic is this guy:

http://eltonmuuga.com/about/

I emailed him asking him to at least give an option to display score and score/game rather than kills and k/d ratios. If you agree, drop him a line.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Liar.

Cause you lie.

Post your sig. I wanna see.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JastJast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yay, I can see it now. Three maps for fifteen dollars, then the exact same maps just with a different mode on them for another fifteen. Considering the first real map pack is just Arica Harbor with conquest and Laguana Alta with rush...

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Machismo wrote: »

Liar.

Cause you lie.

Post your sig. I wanna see.

He's 360 and plays a medic man, I don't think sheep ever dies.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I was wondering. I bought the Limited Edition on Steam. Do I automatically have those two "day 1" maps? Cause I sure as hell didn't have a VIP code. I only got a code that unlocked some stuff earlier than normal.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Jast wrote: »
    Yay, I can see it now. Three maps for fifteen dollars, then the exact same maps just with a different mode on them for another fifteen. Considering the first real map pack is just Arica Harbor with conquest and Laguana Alta with rush...

Eh

As much as people want to hate on EA, three or four map DLC from other games have always been $10. If anything, they'd probably include both Rush and Conquest in those maps for the usual price. The first map pack we are getting is free so I don't think that's a fair comparison.

Ranced on
This discussion has been closed.