Options

RUMOR - Microsoft to purchase Capcom?

124

Posts

  • Options
    SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SirToons wrote:
    Ugh no.

    God no.

    People who think this is fine just got on my, "eat a dick and have fun never being taken seriously by me again" list.

    Reasons?

    SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SlayerVin wrote:
    SirToons wrote:
    Ugh no.

    God no.

    People who think this is fine just got on my, "eat a dick and have fun never being taken seriously by me again" list.

    Reasons?
    Fucking stupidity, stagnant innovation, Rare.

    No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SirToons wrote:
    SlayerVin wrote:
    SirToons wrote:
    Ugh no.

    God no.

    People who think this is fine just got on my, "eat a dick and have fun never being taken seriously by me again" list.

    Reasons?
    Fucking stupidity, stagnant innovation, Rare.
    Indeed. It is not beneficial for gamers as a whole.

    LewieP on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    darleysam wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Deusfaux wrote:
    i really dont see them pulling DMC4 off the PS3

    I see them putting it on the Xbox 360 though.
    nice avatar, MCP.

    personally, from a 'format wars' perspective, it would do Microsoft a huge bonus to own Capcom, since they're a somewhat popular Japanese developer, and Japan's a market they'd love to crack. As far as i'm aware, Dead Rising is an exclusive, and that's doing quite well.
    However from a games-playing perspective, i guess it shouldn't really matter, as long as there's good games on the 360. This is the console i own, and so the one i want to play games on. I can understand why PS3 owners would feel aggrieved, similarly i would if some good 360 exclusives were lost to a console i didn't own.

    But at the end of the day, it's only a rumour, and a highly unlikely one at that.

    MCP?

    Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Deusfaux wrote:
    i really dont see them pulling DMC4 off the PS3

    I see them putting it on the Xbox 360 though.
    nice avatar, MCP.

    personally, from a 'format wars' perspective, it would do Microsoft a huge bonus to own Capcom, since they're a somewhat popular Japanese developer, and Japan's a market they'd love to crack. As far as i'm aware, Dead Rising is an exclusive, and that's doing quite well.
    However from a games-playing perspective, i guess it shouldn't really matter, as long as there's good games on the 360. This is the console i own, and so the one i want to play games on. I can understand why PS3 owners would feel aggrieved, similarly i would if some good 360 exclusives were lost to a console i didn't own.

    But at the end of the day, it's only a rumour, and a highly unlikely one at that.

    MCP?
    Master Control Program.
    tronmcp.jpg

    Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Deusfaux wrote:
    i really dont see them pulling DMC4 off the PS3

    I see them putting it on the Xbox 360 though.
    nice avatar, MCP.

    personally, from a 'format wars' perspective, it would do Microsoft a huge bonus to own Capcom, since they're a somewhat popular Japanese developer, and Japan's a market they'd love to crack. As far as i'm aware, Dead Rising is an exclusive, and that's doing quite well.
    However from a games-playing perspective, i guess it shouldn't really matter, as long as there's good games on the 360. This is the console i own, and so the one i want to play games on. I can understand why PS3 owners would feel aggrieved, similarly i would if some good 360 exclusives were lost to a console i didn't own.

    But at the end of the day, it's only a rumour, and a highly unlikely one at that.

    MCP?
    Master Control Program.
    tronmcp.jpg

    moer leik Microsoft Capcom Purchase, m i rite?

    Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    LewieP wrote:
    SirToons wrote:
    SlayerVin wrote:
    SirToons wrote:
    Ugh no.

    God no.

    People who think this is fine just got on my, "eat a dick and have fun never being taken seriously by me again" list.

    Reasons?
    Fucking stupidity, stagnant innovation, Rare.
    Indeed. It is not beneficial for gamers as a whole.

    I guess I just don't see it as that. I see it more like Capcom's not in a fantastic situation financially right now and Microsoft could lend some aid to them. I seriously doubt that if Microsoft did own them that they would force changes to make Capcom release inferior products. Sure there won't be any PS3 or Wii titles coming out from Capcom, but does Capcom have many Wii titles planned anyways? And will a PS3 title really differ all that much from an Xbox360 title?

    In all honesty, it's really unlikely that this is going to happen, but if it did, I don't necessarily see it as the aberration that everyone else seems to.

    Capcom is awesome. They always have been, they always will be. Period.

    SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SlayerVin wrote:
    LewieP wrote:
    SirToons wrote:
    SlayerVin wrote:
    SirToons wrote:
    Ugh no.

    God no.

    People who think this is fine just got on my, "eat a dick and have fun never being taken seriously by me again" list.

    Reasons?
    Fucking stupidity, stagnant innovation, Rare.
    Indeed. It is not beneficial for gamers as a whole.

    I guess I just don't see it as that. I see it more like Capcom's not in a fantastic situation financially right now and Microsoft could lend some aid to them. I seriously doubt that if Microsoft did own them that they would force changes to make Capcom release inferior products. Sure there won't be any PS3 or Wii titles coming out from Capcom, but does Capcom have many Wii titles planned anyways? And will a PS3 title really differ all that much from an Xbox360 title?

    In all honesty, it's really unlikely that this is going to happen, but if it did, I don't necessarily see it as the aberration that everyone else seems to.

    Capcom is awesome. They always have been, they always will be. Period.
    To people that never plan on buying a 360? They go from awesome to dead.

    They're a HUGE 3rd party. This isn't rare or silicon knights. Capcom releases an utter fuckton of games.

    One console is not enough for such a developer.

    No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    While we're talking about MS making Capcom a 1st-Party company versus them staying 3rd party, I have to wonder, what's the process by which a company becomes 2nd Party, and would that be a possible outcome for this?

    Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Meiz on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Meiz wrote:

    Clever.

    Well played, good sir.

    We played indeed.

    Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Meiz wrote:
    Holy shit, i am an asshole.

    Clever.

    Well played, good sir.

    We played indeed.

    Indeed.

    Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Meiz wrote:

    That's about as well written as any other Kotaku article, in truth.

    Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SlayerVin wrote:
    LewieP wrote:
    SirToons wrote:
    SlayerVin wrote:
    SirToons wrote:
    Ugh no.

    God no.

    People who think this is fine just got on my, "eat a dick and have fun never being taken seriously by me again" list.

    Reasons?
    Fucking stupidity, stagnant innovation, Rare.
    Indeed. It is not beneficial for gamers as a whole.

    I guess I just don't see it as that. I see it more like Capcom's not in a fantastic situation financially right now and Microsoft could lend some aid to them. I seriously doubt that if Microsoft did own them that they would force changes to make Capcom release inferior products. Sure there won't be any PS3 or Wii titles coming out from Capcom, but does Capcom have many Wii titles planned anyways? And will a PS3 title really differ all that much from an Xbox360 title?

    In all honesty, it's really unlikely that this is going to happen, but if it did, I don't necessarily see it as the aberration that everyone else seems to.

    Capcom is awesome. They always have been, they always will be. Period.
    So why would you want to limit their "awesome" to one console and diminish its audience?

    And going exclusive to one system and neutering any potential sales for the other ones will put them in a better financial situation? You're a real biz whiz.

    Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I would be cool with this as long as it doesn't affect Capcom's games at all. Maybe people in Japan would actually buy 360s if it was the only way they could play RE5 and DMC4.

    No RE: Umbrella Chronicles would suck though.

    bruin on
  • Options
    Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    bruin wrote:
    I would be cool with this as long as it doesn't affect Capcom's games at all. Maybe people in Japan would actually buy 360s if it was the only way they could play RE5 and DMC4.
    I'm sure most of them would just not play those games and their sales would be poor. Which is why I doubt this will ever happen.

    Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    bruin wrote:
    I would be cool with this as long as it doesn't affect Capcom's games at all. Maybe people in Japan would actually buy 360s if it was the only way they could play RE5 and DMC4.
    I'm sure most of them would just not play those games and their sales would be poor. Which is why I doubt this will ever happen.
    I'm sure the opposite is true. I'm not suggesting this is a good idea, nor that Capcom only making games for the Xbox 360 will suddenly force Japanese gamers to rush out and buy 360s, but it could definitely be a contributing factor, yes.

    Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SlayerVin wrote:
    LewieP wrote:
    SirToons wrote:
    SlayerVin wrote:
    SirToons wrote:
    Ugh no.

    God no.

    People who think this is fine just got on my, "eat a dick and have fun never being taken seriously by me again" list.

    Reasons?
    Fucking stupidity, stagnant innovation, Rare.
    Indeed. It is not beneficial for gamers as a whole.

    I guess I just don't see it as that. I see it more like Capcom's not in a fantastic situation financially right now and Microsoft could lend some aid to them. I seriously doubt that if Microsoft did own them that they would force changes to make Capcom release inferior products. Sure there won't be any PS3 or Wii titles coming out from Capcom, but does Capcom have many Wii titles planned anyways? And will a PS3 title really differ all that much from an Xbox360 title?

    In all honesty, it's really unlikely that this is going to happen, but if it did, I don't necessarily see it as the aberration that everyone else seems to.

    Capcom is awesome. They always have been, they always will be. Period.
    So why would you want to limit their "awesome" to one console and diminish its audience?

    And going exclusive to one system and neutering any potential sales for the other ones will put them in a better financial situation? You're a real biz whiz.

    The limiting part would suck but it would also streamline things. Hell of a lot easier to develop things for one system because you don't have to spend as much time learning how to program for as many things.

    They would be getting subsidized by Microsoft so the financial situation wouldn't be a problem anymore. They would probably still be allowed to develop for the DS, considering MS has a couple games on the DS now.

    Accualt on
  • Options
    Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    bruin wrote:
    I would be cool with this as long as it doesn't affect Capcom's games at all. Maybe people in Japan would actually buy 360s if it was the only way they could play RE5 and DMC4.
    I'm sure most of them would just not play those games and their sales would be poor. Which is why I doubt this will ever happen.
    I'm sure the opposite is true. I'm not suggesting this is a good idea, nor that Capcom only making games for the Xbox 360 will suddenly force Japanese gamers to rush out and buy 360s, but it could definitely be a contributing factor, yes.
    MS keeps trying to iron out exclusivity for Japanese games with this very goal. It never works.

    Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    bruin wrote:
    I would be cool with this as long as it doesn't affect Capcom's games at all. Maybe people in Japan would actually buy 360s if it was the only way they could play RE5 and DMC4.
    I'm sure most of them would just not play those games and their sales would be poor. Which is why I doubt this will ever happen.
    I'm sure the opposite is true. I'm not suggesting this is a good idea, nor that Capcom only making games for the Xbox 360 will suddenly force Japanese gamers to rush out and buy 360s, but it could definitely be a contributing factor, yes.
    MS keeps trying to iron out exclusivity for Japanese games with this very goal. It never works.

    Yeah, it didn't work with Mistwalker or anything. :roll:

    Accualt on
  • Options
    SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SlayerVin wrote:
    LewieP wrote:
    SirToons wrote:
    SlayerVin wrote:
    SirToons wrote:
    Ugh no.

    God no.

    People who think this is fine just got on my, "eat a dick and have fun never being taken seriously by me again" list.

    Reasons?
    Fucking stupidity, stagnant innovation, Rare.
    Indeed. It is not beneficial for gamers as a whole.

    I guess I just don't see it as that. I see it more like Capcom's not in a fantastic situation financially right now and Microsoft could lend some aid to them. I seriously doubt that if Microsoft did own them that they would force changes to make Capcom release inferior products. Sure there won't be any PS3 or Wii titles coming out from Capcom, but does Capcom have many Wii titles planned anyways? And will a PS3 title really differ all that much from an Xbox360 title?

    In all honesty, it's really unlikely that this is going to happen, but if it did, I don't necessarily see it as the aberration that everyone else seems to.

    Capcom is awesome. They always have been, they always will be. Period.
    So why would you want to limit their "awesome" to one console and diminish its audience?

    And going exclusive to one system and neutering any potential sales for the other ones will put them in a better financial situation? You're a real biz whiz.

    I don't really see it as limiting. Sure a Wii title will differ greatly from an Xbox360 title, but will a PS3 and an xbox360 title differ much?

    People have said before that it's extremely unlikely that Capcom would give up DS development (that would be stupid) so I doubt there would be much to worry about on that end.

    And wouldn't it be better for Capcom to focus all of its production of a game on one console that's sure to sell well rather than porting games to a system that might not sell as well? Potential sales are just as easily potential losses.

    SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    bruin wrote:
    I would be cool with this as long as it doesn't affect Capcom's games at all. Maybe people in Japan would actually buy 360s if it was the only way they could play RE5 and DMC4.
    I'm sure most of them would just not play those games and their sales would be poor. Which is why I doubt this will ever happen.
    I'm sure the opposite is true. I'm not suggesting this is a good idea, nor that Capcom only making games for the Xbox 360 will suddenly force Japanese gamers to rush out and buy 360s, but it could definitely be a contributing factor, yes.
    MS keeps trying to iron out exclusivity for Japanese games with this very goal. It never works.
    They haven't gotten anything as big as RE over there yet though. RE5 has been in the top 5 of the Famitsu most wanted since it was announced. I think it would definitely push a significant amount of consoles.

    bruin on
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    bruin wrote:
    I would be cool with this as long as it doesn't affect Capcom's games at all. Maybe people in Japan would actually buy 360s if it was the only way they could play RE5 and DMC4.
    I'm sure most of them would just not play those games and their sales would be poor. Which is why I doubt this will ever happen.
    I'm sure the opposite is true. I'm not suggesting this is a good idea, nor that Capcom only making games for the Xbox 360 will suddenly force Japanese gamers to rush out and buy 360s, but it could definitely be a contributing factor, yes.
    MS keeps trying to iron out exclusivity for Japanese games with this very goal. It never works.
    It's not like they have very many games, though. With the acquisition of Capcom would follow Resident Evil, DMC, Megaman, Street Fighter, etc.

    If anything else, I think it would give Microsoft a better foothold than Blue Dragon would, and that would be the entire reason. It wouldn't be an end-all solution, but a step in the right direction for them.

    Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Options
    Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SlayerVin wrote:
    And wouldn't it be better for Capcom to focus all of its production of a game on one console that's sure to sell well rather than porting games to a system that might not sell as well?
    Are you questioning the Wii and PS3's success in Japan? Even after massive launches for both of them over there? Compared to the 360, which a lot of people are still apathetic about?
    Accualt wrote:
    Yeah, it didn't work with Mistwalker or anything.
    You say that for a situation when they had no next-gen competition. See how well that pans out when that shit actually has to compete with all those Final Fantasy XIII's coming out.

    Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Accualt wrote:
    Yeah, it didn't work with Mistwalker or anything.
    You say that for a situation when they had no next-gen competition. See how well that pans out when that shit actually has to compete with all those Final Fantasy XIII's coming out.

    As long as the Mistwalker games and FFXIIIs don't come out the same month it won't matter.

    Accualt on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Accualt wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    Yeah, it didn't work with Mistwalker or anything.
    You say that for a situation when they had no next-gen competition. See how well that pans out when that shit actually has to compete with all those Final Fantasy XIII's coming out.

    As long as the Mistwalker games and FFXIIIs don't come out the same month it won't matter.

    And I'm willing to bet that Final Fantasy XIII will come out on the Xbox 360 as well. If so, even that argument is moot. The possibility of it happening almost makes his argument moot.

    Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    Yeah, it didn't work with Mistwalker or anything.
    You say that for a situation when they had no next-gen competition. See how well that pans out when that shit actually has to compete with all those Final Fantasy XIII's coming out.

    As long as the Mistwalker games and FFXIIIs don't come out the same month it won't matter.

    And I'm willing to bet that Final Fantasy XIII will come out on the Xbox 360 as well. If so, even that argument is moot. The possibility of it happening almost makes his argument moot.
    And just where is this possibility coming from? Your own head? Yeah, that's real credible.

    Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Let me put it this way: I would not put faith in any PS3 exclusivity except for SCEA, Inc. designed titles. I wouldn't even put it past SOE to publish games on the Xbox 360 at this point. :P

    Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    EtericEteric Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Why do I get the feeling that the only company that will actually have exclusives in the end, is Nintendo?...

    Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    FFXIII on 360 won't mean much of anything in Japan unless it became a 360 exclusive, which will never happen. To sell 360s in Japan MS needs exclusive titles the Japanese want.

    Accualt on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    Yeah, it didn't work with Mistwalker or anything.
    You say that for a situation when they had no next-gen competition. See how well that pans out when that shit actually has to compete with all those Final Fantasy XIII's coming out.

    As long as the Mistwalker games and FFXIIIs don't come out the same month it won't matter.

    And I'm willing to bet that Final Fantasy XIII will come out on the Xbox 360 as well. If so, even that argument is moot. The possibility of it happening almost makes his argument moot.
    And just where is this possibility coming from? Your own head? Yeah, that's real credible.
    Are you able to converse here without being a total lackwit? Square has publically distanced themselves, even if it was rather slight, from Sony and the PS3. They came out and stated outright that they are not interested in favoring any system. Couple this with how poorly the PS3 is doing, with how dismayed publishers and developers seem to be with SCEA, Inc., and with how their "exclusives" are dropping like flies, and you have the possibility for just about any game - DMC4, MGS4, FF13 - to show up on the Xbox 360. Will it happen? I have no idea. But to say that the possibility is incredible considering the evidence is absurd. It's very possible.

    Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Eteric wrote:
    Why do I get the feeling that the only company that will actually have exclusives in the end, is Nintendo?...

    Because that's the most logical assumption.

    Unless, of course, Sony goes bankrupt, in which case Microsoft and Nintendo will both have exclusives. :P

    Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    Yeah, it didn't work with Mistwalker or anything.
    You say that for a situation when they had no next-gen competition. See how well that pans out when that shit actually has to compete with all those Final Fantasy XIII's coming out.

    As long as the Mistwalker games and FFXIIIs don't come out the same month it won't matter.

    And I'm willing to bet that Final Fantasy XIII will come out on the Xbox 360 as well. If so, even that argument is moot. The possibility of it happening almost makes his argument moot.
    And just where is this possibility coming from? Your own head? Yeah, that's real credible.
    Are you able to converse here without being a total lackwit? Square has publically distanced themselves, even if it was rather slight, from Sony and the PS3. They came out and stated outright that they are not interested in favoring any system. Couple this with how poorly the PS3 is doing, with how dismayed publishers and developers seem to be with SCEA, Inc., and with how their "exclusives" are dropping like flies, and you have the possibility for just about any game - DMC4, MGS4, FF13 - to show up on the Xbox 360. Will it happen? I have no idea. But to say that the possibility is incredible considering the evidence is absurd. It's very possible.
    Except that Square is on even worse terms with MS for doing a shitty job advertising the FFXI 360 bundle, which sold poorly despite being a huge Japanese brand.

    I'd sooner be a "lackwit" than try to prove my point by making shit up. :|

    Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    HepecarneHepecarne Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Beck wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    bruin wrote:
    I would be cool with this as long as it doesn't affect Capcom's games at all. Maybe people in Japan would actually buy 360s if it was the only way they could play RE5 and DMC4.
    I'm sure most of them would just not play those games and their sales would be poor. Which is why I doubt this will ever happen.
    I'm sure the opposite is true. I'm not suggesting this is a good idea, nor that Capcom only making games for the Xbox 360 will suddenly force Japanese gamers to rush out and buy 360s, but it could definitely be a contributing factor, yes.
    MS keeps trying to iron out exclusivity for Japanese games with this very goal. It never works.
    It's not like they have very many games, though. With the acquisition of Capcom would follow Resident Evil, DMC, Megaman, Street Fighter, etc.

    If anything else, I think it would give Microsoft a better foothold than Blue Dragon would, and that would be the entire reason. It wouldn't be an end-all solution, but a step in the right direction for them.

    More so, MS releases a trickle of Japan-centric 360 exclusives to Japan (No surprise as it can't be expected to make a return from Japanese only sales), buying Capcom would mean a fairly consistent flow of games to the for the Japanese market (in addition to the other big name Mistwalker and MS studio games). Would this mean 360 storming up to #1 on the Japanese charts? No, but it probably would give the 360 about as solid an appearance as the GC had last gen.

    As for the west, buying Capcom would definitely give Microsoft a more rounded staple of games (and access to some huge franchises), we'd probably see a ton of classic Capcom games released on Live Arcade and see Microsoft releasing games about as frequently as EA does (Between, internal studios, Bungie, Rare, Lionhead, Capcom, and all those MS published 3rd parties (Mistwalker, Silicon Knights ect...) we'd probably be seeing 2-3 games a month from MS.

    Hepecarne on
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Except that Square is on even worse terms with MS for doing a shitty job advertising the FFXI 360 bundle, which sold poorly despite being a huge Japanese brand.

    I'd sooner be a "lackwit" than try to prove my point by making shit up. :|

    That may also have something to do with FFXI being shit.

    Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    Yeah, it didn't work with Mistwalker or anything.
    You say that for a situation when they had no next-gen competition. See how well that pans out when that shit actually has to compete with all those Final Fantasy XIII's coming out.

    As long as the Mistwalker games and FFXIIIs don't come out the same month it won't matter.

    And I'm willing to bet that Final Fantasy XIII will come out on the Xbox 360 as well. If so, even that argument is moot. The possibility of it happening almost makes his argument moot.
    And just where is this possibility coming from? Your own head? Yeah, that's real credible.
    Are you able to converse here without being a total lackwit? Square has publically distanced themselves, even if it was rather slight, from Sony and the PS3. They came out and stated outright that they are not interested in favoring any system. Couple this with how poorly the PS3 is doing, with how dismayed publishers and developers seem to be with SCEA, Inc., and with how their "exclusives" are dropping like flies, and you have the possibility for just about any game - DMC4, MGS4, FF13 - to show up on the Xbox 360. Will it happen? I have no idea. But to say that the possibility is incredible considering the evidence is absurd. It's very possible.
    Except that Square is on even worse terms with MS for doing a shitty job advertising the FFXI 360 bundle, which sold poorly despite being a huge Japanese brand.

    I'd sooner be a "lackwit" than try to prove my point by making shit up. :|
    I'm not trying to prove any point. I am saying the possibility is there. Which it is. It's not a point to be proven, it's just reality...until the games are out for the PS3 and not for the 360, it remains a possibility. You are saying that the possibility is nonexistent, that I manufactured it in my head, which is absurd considering the evidence and speculation by many, many people. I never said it would definitely happen. At this point, however, considering the current climate of the video game market, I have little faith in any Sony/PS3 exclusivity except what they produce in-house, and so do many other people.

    Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    HepecarneHepecarne Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    Yeah, it didn't work with Mistwalker or anything.
    You say that for a situation when they had no next-gen competition. See how well that pans out when that shit actually has to compete with all those Final Fantasy XIII's coming out.

    As long as the Mistwalker games and FFXIIIs don't come out the same month it won't matter.

    And I'm willing to bet that Final Fantasy XIII will come out on the Xbox 360 as well. If so, even that argument is moot. The possibility of it happening almost makes his argument moot.
    And just where is this possibility coming from? Your own head? Yeah, that's real credible.
    Are you able to converse here without being a total lackwit? Square has publically distanced themselves, even if it was rather slight, from Sony and the PS3. They came out and stated outright that they are not interested in favoring any system. Couple this with how poorly the PS3 is doing, with how dismayed publishers and developers seem to be with SCEA, Inc., and with how their "exclusives" are dropping like flies, and you have the possibility for just about any game - DMC4, MGS4, FF13 - to show up on the Xbox 360. Will it happen? I have no idea. But to say that the possibility is incredible considering the evidence is absurd. It's very possible.
    Except that Square is on even worse terms with MS for doing a shitty job advertising the FFXI 360 bundle, which sold poorly despite being a huge Japanese brand.

    I'd sooner be a "lackwit" than try to prove my point by making shit up. :|

    FFXI sold poorly because it was a port of a 2 year old PS2 game that was never that good to begin with and still full priced. Not because MS couldn't drum up marketing for it.

    Hepecarne on
  • Options
    EtericEteric Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Wait, wait, wait!...

    So, Square is pissed at Microsoft for poor advertising of the Final Fantasy XI bundle... Now, I've heard that Square is also pissed at Sony because of the slim PS2 not being able to work with Final Fantasy XI (I think)...

    So if Square is pissed at Microsoft and Sony. Then that only leaves on logical conclusion!

    :wink:

    Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Eteric wrote:
    Wait, wait, wait!...

    So, Square is pissed at Microsoft for poor advertising of the Final Fantasy XI bundle... Now, I've heard that Square is also pissed at Sony because of the slim PS2 not being able to work with Final Fantasy XI (I think)...

    So if Square is pissed at Microsoft and Sony. Then that only leaves on logical conclusion!

    :wink:

    The Phantom

    Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    Eteric wrote:
    Wait, wait, wait!...

    So, Square is pissed at Microsoft for poor advertising of the Final Fantasy XI bundle... Now, I've heard that Square is also pissed at Sony because of the slim PS2 not being able to work with Final Fantasy XI (I think)...

    So if Square is pissed at Microsoft and Sony. Then that only leaves on logical conclusion!

    :wink:

    The Phantom


    Mind reader.


    But I wouldn't mind having a few FFs on Wii.

    MechMantis on
Sign In or Register to comment.