As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My first attempt to drawing a Page

ArafatArafat Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Artist's Corner
Since the file is pretty big i'll paste the link in here.
http://7th-joker.deviantart.com/art/Our-heroes-run-into-trouble-156908310

If you read the description you'll find what you need to know.

Cheeri-o

Ye u like that huh
Arafat on

• Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    First of all, resize that shit to a more managable size for the forum and post it here. Forcing people to go to a different site just to see your stuff when the reason for doing so it so small is inconvenient for those you're asking for help.

Secondly, it's very hard to tell what's going on. There's no context of any kind to add meaning to the thing and it leaves people confused. You should show us more. If this really is all you've got, you could have picked a better place to start with.

The art is very flat, you need to work on your anatomy and so forth before you can start to stylize like that. What you're trying to do doesn't work here since you've no grasp of the underlying structure of things and people, and so the guy looks weird.

The thing's pretty bland in general, really. There's nothing original about it at all. I kinda sorta like the shocked face the other guy is making in panel three, but even that is powerfully generic.

What you've got here is, at best, the barest of a beginning of a page, there's very little to remark upon apart from the most basic things. There just simply isn't enough going on to give specific tips.

EDIT:
    Arafat wrote: »
    If you read the description you'll find what you need to know.

This is a lie.

Spectre-x on