As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Justified] City Primeval premieres 18 July, holy shit! (ALL THE SPOILERS)

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Look you can't have a show without bringing the Wynn.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    This snuck up on me. Thought it was next week for some reason. SCHEDULE CLEARED.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I'm kinda okay with Winona being out of the picture for the time being. Makes sense from a logical standpoint, since being around him is no place for a pregnant woman with a career. Plus, they were really having a hard time justifying(!) her role on the show by the end of the season last year. I'm sure we'll get some cameos checking in on her from time to time, but it's probably for the best she's on the back burner.

That trailer didn't tell us a whole lot about what the next season is going to be about. Tent revivals, maybe?

Here's a picture of Winona to make up for her being out of the picture:
    timothy-olyphant-joelle-carter-justified-season-four-premiere-07.jpg

Also, there's another new bad guy this season *SPOILER*

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    I'm kinda okay with Winona being out of the picture for the time being. Makes sense from a logical standpoint, since being around him is no place for a pregnant woman with a career. Plus, they were really having a hard time justifying(!) her role on the show by the end of the season last year. I'm sure we'll get some cameos checking in on her from time to time, but it's probably for the best she's on the back burner.

That trailer didn't tell us a whole lot about what the next season is going to be about. Tent revivals, maybe?

Here's a picture of Winona to make up for her being out of the picture:
    timothy-olyphant-joelle-carter-justified-season-four-premiere-07.jpg

Also, there's another new bad guy this season *SPOILER*

Since that's apparently at the red carpet for this season, I'll assume she's not going to be totally absent this year.

• Options
    Man that is the most unlooking I've ever seen that actor look ever.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    No more Dickie Bennet or Dewey Crowe? Do they fucking promise?

I can't even remember what happened with those characters now that I think about it. If the last season is on Netflix I may need to squeeze in a few episodes

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Huh, I think Dickie got shot didn't he? Maybe that was just wishful thinking on my part.

When Dewie wasn't being part of the Dewie/Dickie show I didn't mind him. Really I just hated Dickie.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »
    No more Dickie Bennet or Dewey Crowe? Do they fucking promise?

I can't even remember what happened with those characters now that I think about it. If the last season is on Netflix I may need to squeeze in a few episodes

I think Dewey is still in prison. Dickie is still at large, looking for the money Limehouse stole from him.

• Options
    I believe they are both back in prison.

Sammy how can you not like the cock roaches that is the bennet and Crowe show!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    http://justified.wikia.com/wiki/Dickie_Bennett

Dickie was shot and back in prison after he escaped. There's a wiki for everything!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/01/infinite-wisdom-of-raylan-givens/

For the triple, its a slide show, but the gifs are good.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Well we know how Walton Goggins likes his ladies.

“Can I tell you how much I miss pubic hair?” Goggins confides. “My mom was a bit of a hippie, and I grew up seeing it on her and her sisters. It’s so beautiful, so feminine. To me, if the size of a penis dictates virility, the length of a woman’s pubic hair dictates her femininity.” I suggest that this might be a minority opinion in the era of the Brazilian. He shakes his head. “Men don’t even want hair on their bodies anymore. What’s going on? We’re animals, man! It’s really f*cking weird.”

It's confusing, but then not.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well we know how Walton Goggins likes his ladies.

“Can I tell you how much I miss pubic hair?” Goggins confides. “My mom was a bit of a hippie, and I grew up seeing it on her and her sisters. It’s so beautiful, so feminine. To me, if the size of a penis dictates virility, the length of a woman’s pubic hair dictates her femininity.” I suggest that this might be a minority opinion in the era of the Brazilian. He shakes his head. “Men don’t even want hair on their bodies anymore. What’s going on? We’re animals, man! It’s really f*cking weird.”

It's confusing, but then not.

I like how David Duchoveny's character said it in Californication better. Paraphrasing: sometimes it's nice to have tangible proof that I'm not fucking a child.

• Options
    I don't want to start the pubic hair wars, but I'll admit bald is a little off putting. Though I'm not saying I like it because of my mother and her sisters naked like Mr. Goggins is.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I don't want to start the pubic hair wars, but I'll admit bald is a little off putting. Though I'm not saying I like it because of my mother and her sisters naked like Mr. Goggins is.

"I want a snatch just like the snatch that shagged my dear old dad." :whistle:

• Options
    I mean if there was ever a Goggins thing to say it would be to state his pubic hair preference based on a family member, still its a little creepy. Which again is right up the Goggins alley.

He's still miles away from noted mom fucker Shia Lebeef.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I don't know what you're talking about, and THANK GOD it's off topic so I won't ask.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Huh?

SammyF on
  • Options
    So I heard tonight this show might be coming back... lets hope there isn't anymore incest, the Boyd on Johnny scene last year was the hardest wank I ever had.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    You do know where this show takes place, right?

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    California, same as all the shows not shot in vancouver.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I love all of you.

• Options
    Ohhh Shit. God that busted me up. So intrigued!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yeah, this episode was pretty great.

Love me some Patton Oswalt, too.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Good ep, good ep. I like that we've got a lot of little plot threads going already.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Well, I guess I'll have to be more careful with my words, then.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Good ep, good ep. I like that we've got a lot of little plot threads going already.

Yeah it did exactly the kind of thing you'd want a show to do to open its season. At least 3 major plots to open it up.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I swear the AV club seems to watch a different show than I do, or maybe I'm just slow or something. They say Raylen is like an anti hero with breaking rules for his own good, and to me last nights transgression didn't seem too awful. Sure he was still on the federal clock, but he was chasing a fugitive...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_C._Thornton_II

Possible spoilers for this seasons arc, but the opening bit is partially based on this dude who was involved with "The Bluegrass Conspiracy."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    For some reason the ex-but-not-junkie hooker really seemed to jump out for me in the episode. She just nailed her scenes, even the end with just her "I'm so lost and pathetic and scared...help?" look.

Glad Raylan is shooting things already. I'm sure he'll work back up to people soon.

• Options
    Ellen May is like a dumb kitten. Like the part where she told Ava the million dollar bill wasn't real.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    My DVR cut off the last bit of the episode, anyone want to let me know if anything happened after
    Arlo asked the other prisoner for a book?

• Options
    My DVR cut off the last bit of the episode, anyone want to let me know if anything happened after

Arlo slit his throat, no shit, just walked right up and neck shived him.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Arlo slit his throat, no shit, just walked right up and neck shived him.
    Guess it's a good thing I asked, otherwise I'd have been pretty confused next week! Gonna adjust the DVR to record a full 10 minutes after the show.

• Options
    End spoiler last night

Yeah it was the shocking moment, especially since Arlo was playing kind of dumb, then the ultra violence. I figure whatever it is he's keeping secret would get him and Raylen killed, some people surmised it was something to do with Raylens mother.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Is FX really bad about letting shows run over the traditional timeslot, or is that just me? I was constantly missing bits of SoA, too...and not the 90 minute episodes, but regular ones.

• Options
    End spoiler last night

Yeah it was the shocking moment, especially since Arlo was playing kind of dumb, then the ultra violence. I figure whatever it is he's keeping secret would get him and Raylen killed, some people surmised it was something to do with Raylens mother.
    Yeah, it's a pretty nice mystery they've set up. If that bag and driver's license is so dangerous, why didn't Arlo just destroy it? There's gotta be some sort of payoff involved.

• Options
    Usually Justified would run two to three minutes over last season I recall. So I guess to answer, yes.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Also its freaky how much the kid from Jurrasic Park no longer looks like he used to. So good job probably incestuous snake preacher kid good job.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Well, I guess I'll have to be more careful with my words, then.
    To be fair I would have made the same mistake

End spoiler last night

It is probably a combination of greed and self preservation on Arlo's part. He has shown more than once to be perfectly happy if Raylan ends up dead

frandelgearslip on
This discussion has been closed.