As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: Boring Title

• Options
    Jokers GambleJokers Gamble Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    cm83 wrote: »
    TKane wrote: »
    Manji2099 wrote: »
    Okay.

On that stupid island level?

You stupid recon, cal in your artillery. It's the esaiest thing in the world. It's designed so three snipers with artillery can hold that whole place down, but you're retarded. If you call in your mortars on their position, guess what? They cna't line up and spray at the guys crossing.

In the first game, I remember Artillery being really, really, really, really, really finicky. Like if you didn't aim it a certain way, it wouldn't work. I remember in the Harvest map, playing as Defenders, trying to Mortar Strike the attacking tanks and it'd never work, no matter how I aimed at them.

It's assumable that Mortar Strike is just as finicky, if not more so, in the second game.

I've used Mortar Strike a whole lot and only found two finicky things about it.

1) The icon that fills up with white indicating that your Mortar Strike isn't completely accurate and fills up a few seconds before it is actually ready. When you can zoom in with a right click, it's ready.

2) Sometimes the bar doesn't fill up when you're holding left click to fire, but if you keep holding the button down for the normal amount of time, the mortars will still fire.

Once in a while the damn things just break. I've had more than a few times where I used the mortar strike, and was unable to even look through the binoculars anymore. After dying, I still couldn't. When I switched to medic, then back to recon later, the binoculars were still unusable. It only worked again when the map changed.

Speaking of things breaking, if you hit the trigger on the c4 when you climb on to an ATV you will be unable to detonate and hitting the detonate button causes your guy to throw another C4 every time you hit it, indefinetly, no matter if you have any left. or not.

Jokers Gamble on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    "Obviously the people that work here don't know what they're talki..."

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

lol I loved that part in the single player. Loading screen for Heavy Metal, right? Or was it High Value Target?

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

lol I loved that part in the single player. Loading screen for Heavy Metal, right? Or was it High Value Target?

Didn't notice it in SP, but its on the loading screen for White Pass.

Arrath on
  • Options
    vallavvallav Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That banner thing still goin on? I have something in mind but I need to write a midterm first.

vallav on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think I might give this game a break for a while. Playing on US servers is less than ideal and there isn't nearly enough Aus servers to go around.

Of the 2 major server hosts here one cut their servers in half due to load issues by request of DICE and the other still doesn't have theirs up because EA isn't allowing new servers until the Server Browser issues are fixed. So all of the available ones are pretty much full constantly. Although then when you do get in it's 22 v 10 or something retarded.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Arrath wrote: »

Didn't notice it in SP, but its on the loading screen for White Pass.

Yeah. It was in the loading screen for Heavy Metal or High Value Target, one of the missions where you're working alongside the Americans.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Apparently the new Medal of Honor game will be utilizing the Frostbite engine for multiplayer but the Unreal engine for singleplayer. I'm not sure how I feel about this, given Bad Company 2.

tofu on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    DICE is actually developing the multiplayer portion.

It's the one thing that has me interested in that game.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well that was the best kill ever. I was playing with a friend and we came out the side of this house while a black hawk was doing a passing run trying to machine gun us. So i opened fire with my M416. Well, i killed the pilot half way through his run, the chopper nose dived into the house in front of me, tore a hole through its roof, flipped over and exploded. I got 3 kills for it and the chopper flew to pieces maybe 2 meters away from me as i stood there watching with my squad mate going "Holy fuck that was awesome".

A lucky kill i will probably never top.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    Manji2099Manji2099 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Manji2099 wrote: »
    Okay.

On that stupid island level?

You stupid recon, cal in your artillery. It's the esaiest thing in the world. It's designed so three snipers with artillery can hold that whole place down, but you're retarded. If you call in your mortars on their position, guess what? They cna't line up and spray at the guys crossing.

In the first game, I remember Artillery being really, really, really, really, really finicky. Like if you didn't aim it a certain way, it wouldn't work. I remember in the Harvest map, playing as Defenders, trying to Mortar Strike the attacking tanks and it'd never work, no matter how I aimed at them.

It's assumable that Mortar Strike is just as finicky, if not more so, in the second game.

You know what they say about assumptions.

Get two friends and just try it. OF course you'll need a team cohesive enough to be in position to take advantage of the situation. but srsly, if you have three mortar strikes on different parts of the island, left-middle-right, shit's gunna be devastating. If you ccan't aim it well enough to hit properly, well then, git gud, 'cause artillery spotting is a recon sniper's true role.

Manji2099 on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, slugs are just horribly broken. It's only imaginable the rage from being shot, across the map, only to realize the weapon you got mauled by was a shotgun.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, slugs are just horribly broken. It's only imaginable the rage from being shot, across the map, only to realize the weapon you got mauled by was a shotgun.

Funny thing is it'll probably never get changed.

Wait, that's not funny, that's horrible

Adrenaline on
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I had so much fun with the slugs tonight

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think the slugs are more than balanced out by the fact that the really dangerous gun to use them with is a 4-shot (or eight, but no magnum perk) pump-action deal and you can only carry 16 shots (you can either get slugs or extra shots, not both). In comparison, the M60 with the magnum perk can still kill people across the map, but it has a 100-round belt, is an automatic weapon, and can kill people in 3-4 hits. Oh, and is ridiculously accurate. The M60 can kill more people with one belt of ammo than the Neostead + slugs can do with the entire ammo supply you're given.

Also, it's always good fun to know you just killed a guy not with a bullet, but with a really damn big bullet.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Lionel-RichieLionel-Richie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I ran into my first blatant hacker tonight. He was on mine team. After first I thought he was really good, considering his 33/3-ish KD ratio. Then someone pointed out he was Assault using 12x scope aimbotting.

He claimed it was a rank 29 unlock, then that it was a limited edition unlock. Then he just laughed and made fun of people and continued to do it and nothing could be done.

Hurrrrgh. Wish there was a way for EA to ban him.

Lionel-Richie on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So I ran into my first blatant hacker tonight. He was on mine team. After first I thought he was really good, considering his 33/3-ish KD ratio. Then someone pointed out he was Assault using 12x scope aimbotting.

He claimed it was a rank 29 unlock, then that it was a limited edition unlock. Then he just laughed and made fun of people and continued to do it and nothing could be done.

Punkbuster?

Adrenaline on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for understanding my uh, suckiness tonight. I'm slowly getting the hang of things.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Did you get his name? If his stats are really that ridiculous, EA might look into it.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    PunkBoy wrote: »
    Thanks for understanding my uh, suckiness tonight. I'm slowly getting the hang of things.

It took me until rank 5 or so to become proficient.

Adrenaline on
  • Options
    Lionel-RichieLionel-Richie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Did you get his name? If his stats are really that ridiculous, EA might look into it.

<=U=L=T=R=A=> or something like that.

Server probably had punkbuster off, since a lot of them do right now due to the punkbuster errors lots of people are getting. Then again, how often does punkbuster stop hacks anyway?

Lionel-Richie on
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Had a nice moment tonight with pubs. We kept getting mowed down around the first Bravo on Port Valdez. We were doing fine, but getting a little low on tickets. I was hunched behind the concrete wall by the shack, healing and doing a death roulette with my squad, when all of a sudden pretty much my whole team pulls up - both tanks drive on either side of me and flank the spot, tearing over the walls, atv's roaring up behind them, and my squad spawns on me. We all pour into Bravo and fucking decimate the other team.

It felt gooood.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My experience with PunkBuster throughout many games is that it kicks legit players more often than it does hackers.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Zxerol wrote: »
    My experience with PunkBuster throughout many games is that it kicks legit players more often than it does hackers.

Yeah, this.

PunkBuster is a joke and a waste of computer resources.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Play Now is so fucking useless it makes me hurt. Every single occasion I've attempted to use that broken ass feature, it has put me in a server that is at minimum 4,500 miles away from me. Japan, Russia, Australia, China, Korea, the EU, you name it. Not once has it put me in a server that's even in the US; no Canada servers, either.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Play now feature is horrible.
    Also I need to leave the no password filter unchecked to find the Penny arcade servers.

Can someone please put my name in the op BTW? Nick=Dirtmuncher6

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I hear in the next patch they are making medic heals self only and passive, changing the medic model to rambo, disallowing the ability to be on a squad if playing a medic, giving you unlimited ammo, and removing the fire button (you will just always be firing)

You know, to better emphasize the intent of the M60 in this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiIr2oJZ0l4

override367 on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I didn't play medic much at first, and figured people were just bitching about the M60. Then I unlocked it and started killing people from across the map.

Pretty sure that, at one point, it didn't fire bullets anymore. A large hand appeared from the clouds and started flicking enemies away.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Yeah i have run into aim botters a few times now as well. I posted earlier already about a guy hitting me with a 40mm grenade from the complete other side of the map, 3 times in a row.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    luckily, there are a billion and one ways to grief your team, down to individual teammates.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    My favorite thing in this game has to be intentionally shooting a tracer at a foot soldier, having it plant, and knowing his panic as he runs about with this pulsating, magnetic dart stuck to his crotch.

Then, 15 seconds later, an explosive projectile comes arcing over the battlefield, heading at high velocity directly for his crotch.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How do you get that achievement for knifing members of your team? Do you need to be in hardcore mode or something?

EDIT: Ohhh, it's people on your friends list. That's... difficult.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If your connection gets dropped before the game ends do you lose your progress and points from the match or once you earn points they are earned regardless of if you quit the game early or not? I just leveled, got a bunch of crap in Angry Dome and was one shot away from getting the sniper pin, I even had the shot lined up, when my connection dropped.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My favorite thing in this game has to be intentionally shooting a tracer at a foot soldier, having it plant, and knowing his panic as he runs about with this pulsating, magnetic dart stuck to his crotch.

Then, 15 seconds later, an explosive projectile comes arcing over the battlefield, heading at high velocity directly for his crotch.

If you shoot someone in the face with it, there will be a glowing red spot on their screen till it's gone.

Sonork on
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My understanding was your stats were saved whether you play to the end or not.

I might be wrong.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think it does update continuously to EA's servers, so it should count. I base this on the fact that you could immediately use any equipment you unlock during a round (in contrast to the beta, where you had to wait until the round was over).

Zxerol on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sonork wrote: »

If you shoot someone in the face with it, there will be a glowing red spot on their screen till it's gone.

Aye, no greater way of saying "Get off the fucking hill, you useless-ass Recon" than a giant, pulsating dart to the dome.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Aye, no greater way of saying "Get off the fucking hill, you useless-ass Recon" than a giant, pulsating dart to the dome.

What if the recon on the hill is being useful?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Commissar DemosthenesCommissar Demosthenes Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pancake wrote: »

I'll break it down for you.

They aren't.

Commissar Demosthenes on
    Steam name: Chicago Ted.
    96cce.png
    oh god I am not good at battlefield
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Pancake wrote: »

It's difficult to gauge. If you're on the hill and not either A) 20-2, B) throwing a shitload of motion mines, or C) there aren't little orange triangles everywhere, then you probably deserve a tracer to the eye.

Of course if you do any of those three things, I will gladly toss you an ammo box and be on my merry way.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png