As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: Boring Title

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anyone else crashing to desktop when they try and refresh the server list?

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »

This happens as well as crashing when I try to join a server. I have the Steam version and I was able to fix this by 'verify integrity of game cache' under properties on the drop down menu.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    KnorreKnorre Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Yeah i have to use my history tab, lucky that i have 2 good and reliable servers on it.

Also, the NS2000 is awesome.

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • Options
    Pajama_ManPajama_Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Zxerol wrote: »
    tofu wrote: »

Ugh, from a related and apparently not sarcastic tweet.

"@Demize99 why not add some c4 for medics? like they have 1 gun and a first aid kit lol."

YES THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA. ALSO, PLZ 2 GIVE THEM ROCKETS.
    I hope they get the Gustav.

Then it will be the Battlefield: Vietnam launch all over again.

Haha, oh man.

People are complaining about BC2 now, but they don't even know. They don't even know the sheer horribadness of Vietnam's 1.0 balance.
    At least it had Surfin' Bird though. BC2 players will never know the joy of tearassing around in a tank with that blaring or darting around in a jeep, beeping along to the beat.

War. Is. Hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pws5TPcxJiY

Pajama_Man on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    literally the craziest song choice ever

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man that match with the nub clan where they had the invincible Bradley, I was getting so pissed at nobody doing nothing against it (HOW HARD IT IS!! haha I tried to say how hard is it, but well me being a stupid mexican) so I finally decide to Recon it with a Mortar strike.

I got 540 points for killing it and all it's squadmates surrounding it.

Also today I tried the M60 out seriously for the first time. Getting an almost constant 3+ K/D ratio is pretty dumb.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If they buff the M60 I will die laughing. They should wait until April 1st just to release a buff patch for the M60

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i would take an extended leave from the game if they buff that piece of shit

Senshi on
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I love it when Goombie threatens to kick me because he ate my CG. Yes, real mature.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Masume wrote: »
    I love it when Goombie threatens to kick me because he ate my CG. Yes, real mature.

Maybe you should try not to use it as your primary weapon?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Masume wrote: »

I dunno, according to the stats o matic site, (which is a day old mind you), you have 45 kills with the CG, 8 with the RPG, and 5 with the AT4. You've basically double the kills with the CG than you do any other SMG. Sounds like you main it to me. I will look again when the stats update. Maybe you've adjusted your playstyle?

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »
    Malkor wrote: »
    Is 40mm'ing someone in their face not the most fun thing in the world?

I think so.

Not as awesome as RPG'ing a Humvee heading for a roadkill and watching it flip over your head in a fiery wreck.

Are you Michael Bay?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    what's wrong with shooting infantry with an anti-infantry weapon?

If I had a hit for even 30% of the bullets that go clean through an enemy without registering a hit then I'd consider maining a gun when I go engineer, or assault. Don't mind it so much with the medic though, since you only need to hit like twice to kill mans.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    No word on buffing regular shotguns?

Pity.

Sigtyr on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    what's wrong with shooting infantry with an anti-infantry weapon?

If I had a hit for even 30% of the bullets that go clean through an enemy without registering a hit then I'd consider maining a gun when I go engineer, or assault. Don't mind it so much with the medic though, since you only need to hit like twice to kill mans.

I see people say this, and perhaps I'm playing a different game, but I just don't have this issue of hitting people with my bullets.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    for me about 8/10 times, I'll line up a perfect shot on an oblivious stationary target no more than 30 feet away from me and not even have the first shot hit. Then I'll burst 3 to 5 shots at a time, emptying my mag only to not quite kill them, whip out my pistol and shoot them with about 90% of the mag and then MAYBE if the stars align they'll finally die to my last shot.

of course that's if they aren't a medic who just turns around after the first shot and kills me faster than instantly with the m60, but that's an entirely different issue.

edit: and that's with pretty much every gun except for the sniper rifles and the non-slug shotguns.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The only issue I have with hitting players with bullets resides solely on Shotguns without slugs. And knifing players. It feels like the melee attack is slowly getting worse and worse. Even using it against stationary targets is starting to become a gamble. No talk of that in that twitter either.

Sigtyr on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    the netcode is way better than dice have done in the past, but it's still pretty bad.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    for me about 8/10 times, I'll line up a perfect shot on an oblivious stationary target no more than 30 feet away from me and not even have the first shot hit. Then I'll burst 3 to 5 shots at a time, emptying my mag only to not quite kill them, whip out my pistol and shoot them with about 90% of the mag and then MAYBE if the stars align they'll finally die to my last shot.

of course that's if they aren't a medic who just turns around after the first shot and kills me faster than instantly with the m60, but that's an entirely different issue.

edit: and that's with pretty much every gun except for the sniper rifles and the non-slug shotguns.

Maybe you don't know how to use iron sights properly? Reading the thread you'd think using any non M60, non CG, non shotgun slug weapon was like having to use SVU scoped rangefiners in ARMA2 to line up perfect snipes at 500 meters.

Edit for BFBC2 twitters- Demize99 owns
    @Demize99 also you know, the m60 is the only weapon a medic can use, medic being the weak class of them ALL.
    Re @Symonator Stats say otherwise. I don't tweak based on forum trolling, I have data. #BFBC2

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The SVU is fantastic for Squad Deathmatch.

I feel like James Bond

Warcry on
  • Options
    TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    You really think this will stop them from banning you? The Anger of the Dome transcends time, space, and hardware friend.

I'm the Asian Horror Movie Extra. My whole reason for existing is to die horribly.

[EDIT]lol Just checked the Stat-o-matic site.
    Your detailed stats are currently being updated. You are th in the queue; this will take about 0s.

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That page with a lot of numbers (http://bfbcs.com/) is mostly bullcrap right?

I have for example no tracer darts hits and the overall accuracy is ridiculously high when compared to the individual weapons just below. Hell, a buddy of mine just noticed his accuracy is 121%. I like to think it means that for each 5th bullet fired there's a 6th spawning somewhere midair and hitting people in the face (and it count as a head shot?). :P

Movitz on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Good games last night. I've never seen a Hind hop before.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »

Maybe you don't know how to use iron sights properly? Reading the thread you'd think using any non M60, non CG, non shotgun slug weapon was like having to use SVU scoped rangefiners in ARMA2 to line up perfect snipes at 500 meters.

seriously?

I'm pretty sure I can line the front sight up with center of mass. It's not like you have to worry about lining up with the rear sight or anything since the game automatically does that for you.

edit:
    I don't know if it's my internet connection or my pc itself but I line up an easy shot and the bullets miss. It's not as bad with the LMG's since I can burst 8 to 12 shots at a time and hope a couple register, but with the SMG's and AR's a burst of more than 3-5 is out of the question.

also, this happens with red dots and acogs.

also, its better on Angry than it is on the West Coast server, where my latency is probably double that of Angry.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is this game keeping players

Do I buy into it

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Is this game keeping players

Do I buy into it

You should. Major Elzam would be disappointed if you didn't.... And you don't want to disappoint the Major, now do you?

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Who kept saying they hated me last night on vent?

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ... I'm also complaining because I love the game. And aside from EA server downtime, Angry Dome is full pretty much all the time. So yes, it is keeping players.

There's much more PA presence on PC, so if you have a PC that can play I'd recommend buying the PC version. Well, you know, if you care about that at all.

Magic, it might have been me, I can't remember.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I need to re-install or find a Vent overlay program so I can see who's talking.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't know if the problem is latency or not.

For example, the few times that I've actually snuck up behind someone and gotten shots off, my results have been a mixed bag.

With my SCAR-L it seems like, even using bursted fire to help with accuracy, I empty the magazine before the man drops. The same scenario wielding a 1911 and I managed to kill 2 mans with one clip.

(2 mans 1 clip?)

Maybe it's the difference between a .45 caliber semi-auto and a 5.56x45 full auto?

And one of these nights I'll actually hit up the PA vent. Random servers are wearing thin on me, when half a losing team drops and makes the teams uneven.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So no mention if they were going to add attachments to the pool kit weapons (M14, G3) as well as increasing the M14 clip to 20?

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't have any problem taking people out with the MGs or ARs. Usually three bursts from the M-16 will take them out, and half the time I can nail people in the face from a good distance.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    adding the noob tube to any weapons is an awful idea!!!!!

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Beltaine wrote: »
    (2 mans 1 clip?)

You are a horrible, horrible human being. I hope you die alone and cold, surrounded by hungry coyotes who don't wait for you to fully die before they start eating your innards.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    TKane wrote: »
    (2 mans 1 clip?)

You are a horrible, horrible human being. I hope you die alone and cold, surrounded by hungry coyotes who don't wait for you to fully die before they start eating your innards.

Ouch

:cry:

On a slightly less crazy note, I gold-starred Heavy armor. :)

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ouch

:cry:

On a slightly less crazy note, I gold-starred Heavy armor. :)

Nice. I'm only Bronze on Heavy.

I have Silver for Aircraft. God-bless Alt Weapon Package and UAVs.

I also just got Gold-star on the knife. Got it stabbing a recon on Arica Harbor. Felt good man.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Great games last night boyos. I got a bronze star on mortars.

wavecutter on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I prefer improved optics on the UAV. Being able to sit further away from the action improves the chances you won't get shot at.

Also, finding things in the environment to hide behind helps. Not gonna reveal my UAV hidey spots until I get a gold star for it as well. :)

So much fun dropping a hellfire on a pack of 3 snipers sitting up on a hill somewhere.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    What medics really need are jetpacks.
    Fuck yeah. It can be Secret Weapons of WWII all over again. 8-)

No they should get to work on Star Wars BattleFront 3 using the Frost Bite engine.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I prefer improved optics on the UAV. Being able to sit further away from the action improves the chances you won't get shot at.

Also, finding things in the environment to hide behind helps. Not gonna reveal my UAV hidey spots until I get a gold star for it as well. :)

So much fun dropping a hellfire on a pack of 3 snipers sitting up on a hill somewhere.

Too bad the Faster Reload spec doesn't apply towards the UAV Hellfire. Would help a ton and a quarter if it did.

Or at least, I didn't notice a difference.

Also, anyone on XBox get the I hate when I'm Right achievement? The one for beating Airborne on Hard?

I'm not the only one who felt that level wasn't the least bit challenging?

Even the
    free fall shoot the Russian using only iron sights
    wasn't difficult...

TKane on
    steam_sig.png