As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat] Lich King? We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's sort of like the iconic scene in American History X, except Derek is game play, and lore is biting the curb.

forty on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    korodullin wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »
    Zampanov wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »

Ha ha ha, no. He'll be the Horde faction leader.

Most lore stuff is entertaining to me, in a background noise kind of way. I really just... this is pretty garbage. We went from both sides being pretty diverse, having their good and bad parts respectively, to two giant assholes running the show on both sides.

It's not really going to make any gameplay difference for me, so I'm not sure why it's bothering me so much, but I can't help it. This sucks.

Maybe there'll be a questchain later to exile/kill his ass.

I think the likelihood that there will be no gameplay difference makes it worse. It's just wankery at that point.

Until that Blood Elf Paladin runs into Orgrimmar from the zeppelin and gets banished from the city, Shattrath-style. 8-)

They've said that players can enter Orgrimmar as much as they want, the change only affects NPCs.

I thought a whole quarter was blocked off to non-orc players as well.

Nope, Blizz has said that this change will not inconvenience players in any way.

Which kind of negates the whole point of it.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Elessar ElfstoneElessar Elfstone Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    We have any concrete idea on whe 3.3.3 is hitting? I accidentally sold all my Spellweave & Ebonweave and I need 10 of each if I decide to make Leggings of Woven Death heh.

Elessar Elfstone on
    Tobias: Or it could be your colon. I'd want to get in there and find some answers.

Forsake, Warlock of Stonemaul
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Soon

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'll only support Horde apartheid if it applies to players.

815165 on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey, so what happens after the encounter with the Lich King? (which I know nothing about in itself)

Henroid on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dumbness

captaink on
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Everyone goes home.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Hey, so what happens after the encounter with the Lich King? (which I know nothing about in itself)

You can see the cinematic in game if somebody on your server has beaten the Lich King, the fountain in the middle of Dalaran is replaced with a massive monument with a plaque you can click on to view it.

If not, it should be up on youtube

cliff notes version:
    Arthas is dying, his father's ghost comforts him. Tirion starts thinking about all of the warnings about there always needing to be a Lich King and goes to pick up the helmet. Bolvar stops him and says it's his burden, and to leave and never come back

Nobody on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man I hope the Tauren have more of a role in the lore(lol) of the game come Cat. It seems like the they would be all over it with the massive changes to the land and all the new growth and shit, as well as having paladins coming back. But it'll probably be more of the same old orc and undead BS with a bit of BE crap thrown in for good measure.

Yeah there are some Tauren quest givers here and there, but it's usually something like

"hey and orc told me to do this, so i'm telling you to do it instead"

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nobody wrote: »

You can see the cinematic in game if somebody on your server has beaten the Lich King, the fountain in the middle of Dalaran is replaced with a massive monument with a plaque you can click on to view it.

cliff notes version:
    Arthas is dying, his father's ghost comforts him. Tirion starts thinking about all of the warnings about there always needing to be a Lich King and goes to pick up the helmet. Bolvar stops him and says it's his burden, and to leave and never come back

The fuck.
    Why does there "always" need to be a Lich King if he's just a recent thing in history?

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

cliff notes version:

The fuck.
    Why does there "always" need to be a Lich King if he's just a recent thing in history?

The massive army of undead that would find itself leaderless

Nobody on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Okay, is there something I'm missing with Kalu'ak rep? I've done more or less every questline for them I can find (the two lines in Borean, all the stuff in Howling Fjord, all the stuff in Dragonblight), and now I'm left with grinding 1500 rep per day for the next month in order to get Exalted. Are there more quest chains I'm missing or something?

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm half surprised that
    Sylvanus didn't try to pull a fast one and take the crown, suddenly having access to a larger number of Forsaken. Even only ever playing Horde (and especially Warcraft III TFT), I really don't trust her. There are all kinds of issues with this mechanically and stuff (Forsaken NPC voices, for instance), but it would have been a neat story thing.

Samphis on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Anyone got a link to a YouTube of the event? I don't have the net capacity to go browsing around for it, but I'm willing to let it load and go be pre-occupied.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Anyone got a link to a YouTube of the event? I don't have the net capacity to go browsing around for it, but I'm willing to let it load and go be pre-occupied.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Re: Walrus man rep:

Nope, that's pretty much it. Enjoy grinding that rep! :P

Samphis wrote: »
    I'm half surprised that
    Sylvanus didn't try to pull a fast one and take the crown, suddenly having access to a larger number of Forsaken. Even only ever playing Horde (and especially Warcraft III TFT), I really don't trust her. There are all kinds of issues with this mechanically and stuff (Forsaken NPC voices, for instance), but it would have been a neat story thing.

I dunno, the only feeling I ever got from Sylvannas is:
    She wanted revenge for what was done to her and her people. I don't think she was really in it for the power in and of itself. I do think she should have had a bigger part in the Lich King's death though, and there's an upcoming questline that may help resolve that

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Okay, is there something I'm missing with Kalu'ak rep? I've done more or less every questline for them I can find (the two lines in Borean, all the stuff in Howling Fjord, all the stuff in Dragonblight), and now I'm left with grinding 1500 rep per day for the next month in order to get Exalted. Are there more quest chains I'm missing or something?

If you've done both Boring Tundra and Howling Bore completely, you should be almost at Revered, if not past. My stupid Hunter alt got to revered without grinding dailies up until recently. I'm looking at my Shaman main, and she's about halfway through honored. The only thing I can conclude is that because I skipped BT that that's where I missed a ton of rep.

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

If you've done both Boring Tundra and Howling Bore completely, you should be almost at Revered, if not past. My stupid Hunter alt got to revered without grinding dailies up until recently. I'm looking at my Shaman main, and she's about halfway through honored. The only thing I can conclude is that because I skipped BT that that's where I missed a ton of rep.

I did both Borean and the Fjord, and am indeed a good bit into Revered. Apparently I somehow miscalculated the other day, and only actually have 9 days of Kalu'ak dailies to Exalted, and not 24. Dunno how I did that one.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was gonna say it takes less than two weeks of the dailies to hit exalted if you do all the quest lines. The pain in the ass part is that the dailies require you to cross the entirety of Northrend each day.

forty on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

cliff notes version:

The fuck.

Blizzard can't write a good ending to save their lives.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

cliff notes version:

The fuck.

At least Tirion didn't go mad.

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

cliff notes version:

The fuck.

At least Tirion didn't go mad.

Yet.

captaink on
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That's for patch 3.9.1

Tyberius on
  • Options
    mfc144mfc144 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Tyberius wrote: »
    That's for patch 3.9.1

Or the expansion after next.
    Rise of the Lich King
    (He's got orange eyes now)

mfc144 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah so I just watched the video of the event.
    I dunno if Blizzard can't write an ending, but they can't seem to let things just finish and be done with. Though when I think about it, giving Arthas a moment of humanity before he died, talking to his father, was totally unnecessary. With that, they took away the impact of his heart and the cutting out thereof, etc. They're like Marvel in a sense. But yeah, at least Tirion isn't suddenly the bad guy.

I hope the orange glow to the eyes maybe signifies a less vengeance-driven or less aggressive Lich King for the future, since we know it's coming back.

Henroid on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fiery ghouls.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ghost_rider.jpg

the face of the new scourge!

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Were boned.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    turtleant wrote: »
    Were boned.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Blurbl wrote: »
    I thought the Naaru were just enbodiments of the Light?

They are a physical form of the Light. Not everyone gets their powers from them as well. However, the Draenei and Blood Elves both take their power directly from the Naaru. It's not stated if humans, dwarfs, or gnomes do. Night Elves get their light powers from Elune, who may just be a Naaru in disguise...

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ghost_rider.jpg

the face of the new scourge!
    Only at night. During the day it's more like

nicolas%20cage%20is%20Magnum.jpg

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh, one more thing about that:
    They could've made Bolvar look a little better, really. He looks like an un-textured 3D model. Imagine what they could've done if they put some effort into it. A goddamned burned out husk of a human body, some of the plate armor he wore grafted to the bones and charred flesh that remains. At least he would've looked the part!

And the comments are disgusting. People hoping Arthas comes back. Why?

Henroid on
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    well i mean

it's a nearly six year old engine man

these graphics, they ain't what they used to be

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    well i mean

it's a nearly six year old engine man

these graphics, they ain't what they used to be

Even then, look at the sharp detail of armor and such that has come about in WotLK (compared to vanilla and TBC, not to Crysis or anything like that). They could've done way better even in their workspace.

Henroid on
  • Options
    pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah if I would have seen WotLK not long after opening the game box over 5 years ago I would have shit my pants.

polloface on
  • Options
    ShinyoShinyo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure they've still got a few character models from the beta running around vanilla WoW - and they're on the same graphics engine. They can only take it so far.

Also I think Arthas' last words signify that he is not ever, ever coming back.

Shinyo on
  • Options
    MillbuddahMillbuddah Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I say we nominate this kid who wrote axe cop to be the new loremaster. It'll make about as much sense continuity wise and we'll get bitching axes and dinosaurs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZquaoUMfIc

Millbuddah on
  • Options
    ShinyoShinyo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The Lich Axe King : Dinosaur of the Horde 3 : The Reckoning : Let the Bodies Hit the Floor

Shinyo on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh, one more thing about that:
    They could've made Bolvar look a little better, really. He looks like an un-textured 3D model. Imagine what they could've done if they put some effort into it. A goddamned burned out husk of a human body, some of the plate armor he wore grafted to the bones and charred flesh that remains. At least he would've looked the part!

And the comments are disgusting. People hoping Arthas comes back. Why?

Reminds me:
    Deathwing is described in a similar way. A Charred Body being held together by hunks of metal. Alex could've tried saving DW in the same way she did Bolvar.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
This discussion has been closed.