As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer 40k Online] speculation for the Speculation God!

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dante should be the dead one not Tycho.

Edit: That must be one of those rare "Lets not take off and EXTERMINATUS! the entire planet." when two of the most dangerous enemies of the Imperium show up in the same place.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Blood Angels are gay anyways.

Apolloh on
    smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
  • Options
    ArghyArghy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wait Dante is the blood ravens chapter master not the blood angels yeah? cause blood ravens are fucking badass but the blood angels are the red headed step children of the 40k universe.

Arghy on
    Ask me about the holocaust.
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What the fuck are you babbling about

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That is absolutely fucking retarded.

you can thank Matt Ward for that, he's fucking retarded

he also single handedly turned the ultramarines back into the chapter that no one likes just because he is constantly writing stupid shit like that

also:

SJ on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    SJ wrote: »
    That is absolutely fucking retarded.

you can thank Matt Ward for that, he's fucking retarded

he also single handedly turned the ultramarines back into the chapter that no one likes just because he is constantly writing stupid shit like that

also:

Why are these people allowed to do shit when they have creative control over the fucking ass

Wouldn't you have a test audience go WHAT THE FUCK MATT

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It was in one of the little time line blurbs in the codex. I imagine him tucking it away in there like a dastardly little goblin, waiting for it to print.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    They spend fucking ages to change fucking anything

They should be able to filter dumb fucking things like that out

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Now I wish I owned that codex just so I could quote that passage to you

SJ on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I wish I could stab you

You getting the next DoWns expansion?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think one of the silliest stories written in the Codexes is a Tau Shas'O giving some Space Marines, from the Imperial Fists i believe, a grand tour of a capital city.

HERESY

Apolloh on
    smb3banner.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I wish I could stab you

You getting the next DoWns expansion?

Fuck yeah I am. I haven't played MP in that in a while and was gonna start practicing again before it comes out.
    Apolloh wrote: »
    I think one of the silliest stories written in the Codexes is a Tau Shas'O giving some Space Marines, from the Imperial Fists i believe, a grand tour of a capital city.

HERESY

That's actually pretty par for the course with the Tau in that time period, fluff-wise, and is fairly well explained.

SJ on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

HERESY

That's actually pretty par for the course with the Tau in that time period, fluff-wise, and is fairly well explained.

What was the explanation for the Space Marines even doing the tour? Shouldn't they have gone 'Highly advanced alien species. Call in the battlebarge. Time to firebomb us a planet'?

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »

HERESY

What was the explanation for the Space Marines even doing the tour? Shouldn't they have gone 'Highly advanced alien species. Call in the battlebarge. Time to firebomb us a planet'?

That seems more like the Inquisition's M.O. really, but what i was pointing out is the lack of space marine facepunching that should be happening.

Seeing as that is definitely the Spess Mehreens M.O.

Apolloh on
    smb3banner.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

HERESY

That seems more like the Inquisition's M.O. really, but what i was pointing out is the lack of space marine facepunching that should be happening.

Seeing as that is definitely the Spess Mehreens M.O.

Space Marines are bigger Xenophobes than Inquisitors. I can't see them not killing any aliens they see.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

HERESY

It was just after the Damocles crusade. They were making headway against the Tau but had to abandon the campaign and divert the military resources elsewhere when the newest Hive Fleet showed up. This obviously took precedence over the Tau. As an attempt to stall the Tau's rate of encroachment into Imperial worlds on the fringes of the Tau space, the Imperium began faux-diplomacy with them. Part of that was sending a Marine captain alongside a human diplomat in order to show the Tau what kinds of soldiers they would be fighting against. The Imperial Fists have an impeccable standing within the structure of the Imperium and were no doubt requested for this mission because of that.

SJ on
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

HERESY

It was just after the Damocles crusade. They were making headway against the Tau but had to abandon the campaign and divert the military resources elsewhere when the newest Hive Fleet showed up. This obviously took precedence over the Tau. As an attempt to stall the Tau's rate of encroachment into Imperial worlds on the fringes of the Tau space, the Imperium began faux-diplomacy with them. Part of that was sending a Marine captain alongside a human diplomat in order to show the Tau what kinds of soldiers they would be fighting against. The Imperial Fists have an impeccable standing within the structure of the Imperium and were no doubt requested for this mission because of that.

And they eventually did end up exterminatus'ing the planet, right? Or at least kill a good portion of the population, right?

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I don't think they did all that much because the Tyranids came in their Hive Fleet and started eating Ultramarines and the Imperium was all "Screw those small time Tau! Tyranids be all up in our grills!".

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    34yd5wg.jpg

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    they have also tried to wipe out the Tau when they were in their infancy;
    The first contact the Imperium of Man had with the Tau occurred late in the 35th millennium, when an Adeptus Mechanicus Explorator fleet came across an inhabited star system in the Damocles Gulf. Studies of the life-supporting planet of this system, which would later come to be known as T'au, revealed an arid world with abundant xenodiversity. One species of savannah-dwellers had mastered the use of tools and fire, but the Adeptus Mechanicus teams decided that there was no worth in their continued existence, and T'au was marked for cleansing and colonisation. A colonisation fleet was dispatched, but freak warp storms destroyed the starships, and isolated the system for some time.

And this is the damocles gulf crusade
    The Tau Empire came into contact with the Imperium in the middle of the 41st millennium. A Tau colony ship entered an Imperial system, and was promptly destroyed by the Imperial Navy. When the bodies from the Tau ship were analyzed, it was discovered they were the same species the Explorator fleet had encountered 6000 years before. At the same time, Rogue Traders made contact with several outlying Tau sept worlds, and began trade between these worlds and Imperial settlements on the Eastern Fringe. It was at this stage that the Tau began to realise the enormous size of the Imperium of Man. Rather than be daunted by the presence of such a huge, powerful, (and warlike) stellar neighbour, however, the Ethereals instead sent Water caste envoys to several outlying Imperial worlds where they managed to insert themselves into the Imperial commander's group of advisors. Such is the Water caste's diplomatic skill that multiple outlying Imperial worlds openly committed themselves to the Tau Empire and their quest for the Greater Good simultaneously. Alarmed by the rapid development of this xenos race and the threat of alien contamination, the Administratum declared war on the Tau, launching the Damocles Gulf Crusade. The Crusade advanced quickly, crushing any and all opposition. The Tau were subjected to horrific losses among their perimeter outposts due to the presence of Imperial Titans and Space Marines of the Iron Hands and White Scars chapters. This continued until the Imperial forces reached the Sept world of Dal'yth, where the Crusade ground to a stalemate that lasted for several months. With any hope of reinforcement cut off by pressure from the Tyranid Hive Fleet Behemoth's advance on Ultramar, the Imperial commanders accepted the Water caste's offers of peace, and were allowed to withdraw from Tau space.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    pfft, everybody knows the worst story in a codex is the "Blood Angels and Necrons join forces to defeat a Tyranid invasion, then part on friendly terms" bit from the new BA codex.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    one page ago

also;

110kw2v.jpg

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    For everyone's sake,
    Commander Dante and the 3rd Company battle against the Necron Legions of the Silent King amidst the dusty wastes of Gehenna. For three weeks, neither side can seize the upper hand, with Dante's tactical brilliance stretched to its limits in countering the time-space manipulations of the Silent King. The stalemate is broken only when a Tyranid splinter fleet enters orbit, forcing the two armies to break off hostilities and fight the common foe. The impromptu alliance proves to be the Tyranids' undoing. Following the final battle at Devil's Crag, Dante and the silent King go their separate ways, both forces now to battle-worn to guarantee victory over the other, and, at least for the Blood Angels, the idea of turning on those they had so recently fought alongside, a rather distasteful one.

There is so much wrong with that. It was like he was really drunk when he wrote it and thought he wrote Eldar or Tau, instead of Necron. Battle-worn? They are death robots! How can they be tired?!? Don't they just regenerate their metal? Why do the Blood Angels feel anything but horror about the Necrons?

Basically the entire Chapter should have been declared traitors after that and wiped out.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Necrons aren't evil, they're simply misunderstood

Trying to find their place in the galaxy as killers of all life.

Alegis on
  • Options
    RatwedgeRatwedge Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    For everyone's sake,
    Commander Dante and the 3rd Company battle against the Necron Legions of the Silent King amidst the dusty wastes of Gehenna. For three weeks, neither side can seize the upper hand, with Dante's tactical brilliance stretched to its limits in countering the time-space manipulations of the Silent King. The stalemate is broken only when a Tyranid splinter fleet enters orbit, forcing the two armies to break off hostilities and fight the common foe. The impromptu alliance proves to be the Tyranids' undoing. Following the final battle at Devil's Crag, Dante and the silent King go their separate ways, both forces now to battle-worn to guarantee victory over the other, and, at least for the Blood Angels, the idea of turning on those they had so recently fought alongside, a rather distasteful one.

There is so much wrong with that. It was like he was really drunk when he wrote it and thought he wrote Eldar or Tau, instead of Necron. Battle-worn? They are death robots! How can they be tired?!? Don't they just regenerate their metal? Why do the Blood Angels feel anything but horror about the Necrons?

Basically the entire Chapter should have been declared traitors after that and wiped out.

The part in the codex where they claim the Blood Angels strive to be everything the Ultramarines are and that they worship Guillfuckman because he brought the codex to them and saved them all from dying. Thats more shitter than this.

Heres one:
    Some, such as the Blood Angels and their successors, strive to be worthy of Guilliman's legacy, but their recalcitrant gene-seed drives them ever further from it.

Thats right they strive to be worthy of Guillfuckman and not their own Primarch.

Ratwedge on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    Necrons aren't evil, they're simply misunderstood

Trying to find their place in the galaxy as killers of all life.

Killers of all life? Take a number and get in line.
    Ratwedge wrote: »
    Heres one:
    Some, such as the Blood Angels and their successors, strive to be worthy of Guilliman's legacy, but their recalcitrant gene-seed drives them ever further from it.

Thats right they strive to be worthy of Guillfuckman and not their own Primarch.

Sanguinius spins in his grave. He stood up to fucking Horus for the God Emperor's sake and this is the thanks his shitty chapter gives him?

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »
    one page ago

also;
    110kw2v.jpg

It was so bad, it needed to be said twice.

Nobody on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Arghy wrote: »
    Raslin wrote: »
    You didn't hear about it? So yeah, like, the blood angels were fucking up some necrons, and all the sudden tyranids were like "SUP GUYS IM HUNGRY" so of course the blood angels are like "Yo robot zombies, lets fuck these bugs up", and they kicked the tyranids asses, and then the blood angels and necrons are like "Dude, we both just kicked some ass, I don't want to shoot you right after we just showed how god damn manly we are" and so they stopped fighting and went seperate ways.

Its in the newest blood angels codex.

Edit: My bad, it wasn't just any old blood angels, it was fucking Dante.

If you've read a few of those collected short books theres one time where one senior necron is masquerading as a tech magos and apparently was for like 100 years trying to find and free some other necrons. The necrons who are at the top are fairly talkie and i wouldent be surprised if they faced losing they would ally with SM's.

Encase you dident know Dante is pretty much an absolute badass so i see it on par as the leader of the space wolves personally killing a fucking primarch with 12 blood thirsters at his side. As i see it chapter masters need a crazy badass story to immortalize them so Dante bro fisting with a necron who retained his personality isent so bad.

Uh, it was a bunch of Grey Knights who killed Angron. Space Wolves were there but they didn't get involved in that one...

Edit: Banished, not killed.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    They should insert Ollanius Pious back into the canon.

Apolloh on
    smb3banner.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Never gonna happen

Anyway why wouldn't they strive to be Mephiston (or whatever his name is). Conquers the defects of the gene-seed and is second only to a fucking ULTRAMARINE in terms of raw psychic might.

Or want to be, you know, Dante, who everyone hands everything over to.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, there would have to be an Space Marine-like buying surge for them to want to change any canon away from Space Marine lore.

Apolloh on
    smb3banner.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    For everyone's sake,

Holy crap thats bad. I wonder how the self regenerating necrons who usually run around with hundreds of thousands of necron warriors were battle worn? I'd imagine the necrons would just continue shooting everything that moved if the nids landed.
    Uh, it was a bunch of Grey Knights who killed Angron. Space Wolves were there but they didn't get involved in that one...

It was 100 grey knight terminators lead by the current space wolf chapter master and he survived where like 90% of the grey knights dident.

Arghy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    For everyone's sake,

Holy crap thats bad. I wonder how the self regenerating necrons who usually run around with hundreds of thousands of necron warriors were battle worn? I'd imagine the necrons would just continue shooting everything that moved if the nids landed.

It was 100 grey knight terminators lead by the current space wolf chapter master and he survived where like 90% of the grey knights dident.

Logan did not get involved in that combat. He and the other Space Wolves were dealing with the rest of the daemons and traitors.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh and by the way it wasn't just Angron, it was Angron and a dozen bloodthirsters as a retinue

SJ on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That is one painful retinue

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If I remember correctly if you look at the Apocalypse formation for Angron + his retinue, on the charge, it has enough attacks to kill almost the entire company of Grey Knight Terminators in one round of combat.

SJ on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nah the worst part is the marines feeling sympathy for the necrons

that's super heresy right there

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Who the hell bought the blood angels codex anyhow? was it clumped together with other marines? Next thing you know were going to see an eldar blood angel and necrons painted red to 'honor' the fierce blood angels!

I would totally buy the book that describes the blood angels being excommunicated and systematically destroyed.

Arghy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If I remember correctly if you look at the Apocalypse formation for Angron + his retinue, on the charge, it has enough attacks to kill almost the entire company of Grey Knight Terminators in one round of combat.

The TO probably ruled that they were treated as Daemons even if the DH codex didn't list them as such, so they had to test for difficult ground and didn't make it. It did, however, set them up nicely for the GKs to shoot and then get the charge themselves. :P

/no, not angry over that rules argument at all.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Angron and his retinue, when the Bloodthirster Bloodbath formation, with 6 normal and two named Bloodthirsters, isn't quite "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!" enough.

Mr.Sunshine on
This discussion has been closed.