As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hanwei Practical XL [Chat] Unveiling HD

1535455565759»

• thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ah. so if you mess up with one of your unnecessary sticks in knitting the whole row can come undone, where as with crocheting you proceed knot by knot.

themoreiknow.exe
    Don't open that attachment, it's a virus!

themoreiknow.jpg is safe though.

themoreiknow.bin

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    There's a great rainbow outside. Really clear.

Nothing but grey skies over here.

Haphazard on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Hrm, apparently Tata is having a bunch of QC issues. I guess their plan is to be Yugo 2.0.

must be the wheelbarrow wheels.

I'm pretty sure the wheelbarrow wheels won't catch fire and cause the car to burn down. It makes me wonder if the change they made for their switch suppliers was a good idea.

Thomamelas on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ah. so if you mess up with one of your unnecessary sticks in knitting the whole row can come undone, where as with crocheting you proceed knot by knot.

themoreiknow.exe
    Don't open that attachment, it's a virus!

themoreiknow.jpg is safe though.

themoreiknow.bin
    vc-BE1A.jpg:(

iTunesIsEvil on
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Woo!

This time next week - fearing for my life and drinking more than I should in Nottingham.

good times :)

What what? That's where I live. What's the occasion?

Ice Hockey.
    Or more specifically, the playoffs for the British ice hockey league is on easter weekend in the Nottingham Ice Arena, so me and a bunch of my welsh mates are heading up.

Should be a good weekend :)

I had no idea you Brits played serious hockey. That's fantastic :^:

Serious is being a bit generous. And we have a hell of a lot of imports, but yeah it's pretty cool.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    Woo!

This time next week - fearing for my life and drinking more than I should in Nottingham.

Ice Hockey.
    Or more specifically, the playoffs for the British ice hockey league is on easter weekend in the Nottingham Ice Arena, so me and a bunch of my welsh mates are heading up.

If you need recommendations on [strike]low-rent dives and table-dancing clubs[/strike] classy bars to get sloshed at, let me know.

Bogart on
    edited March 2010
    TATA's biggest problem is their stupid name

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited March 2010
    My cousin had a Yugo. With several bullet holes.

Haphazard on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    not yet. i do want to open an 'american style' coffeeHOUSE in italy someday. delicious stoner sandwiches..

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=14187006&postcount=2291

Ah, I missed that one. Was finally putting food together from it's component parts.

Sounds like you just need to print a sign though. I'd imagine the coffee beans will be long gone before I can send you a crocheted one.

Does sound like a fun challenge, though. :D

Passerbye on
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Woo!

Ice Hockey.

If you need recommendations on [strike]low-rent dives and table-dancing clubs[/strike] classy bars to get sloshed at, let me know.

We usually hang out in bunkers (just around the corner from the NIA) and rock city on the Saturday - but i always like a change of scenery, so any recommendations would be most welcome.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Haphazard wrote: »

He drove it home right from the plant, didn't he?

Thomamelas on
  • Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Woo!

Ice Hockey.

I had no idea you Brits played serious hockey. That's fantastic :^:

Serious is being a bit generous. And we have a hell of a lot of imports, but yeah it's pretty cool.

Take what you can get, I guess.

I can't wait for July. My rink is competing in a national tournament and I get to play this year. So pumped.

Evil_Reaver on
    XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
    edited March 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    not yet. i do want to open an 'american style' coffeeHOUSE in italy someday. delicious stoner sandwiches..

Ah, I missed that one. Was finally putting food together from it's component parts.

Sounds like you just need to print a sign though. I'd imagine the coffee beans will be long gone before I can send you a crocheted one.

mspaint.jpg

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited March 2010

Nope, Balkan during the '90s.

Haphazard on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

just set up this to play on loop

oh god whyyyy

Arch on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ok, I think I've finished most everything that I needed to do today and everything went perfectly well.

Dunadan019 on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

themoreiknow.exe

Stitch by stitch (mostly cause they're all connected, so they're not technically knots), but yeah, that's the general gist of it.

Knitting's also much older than crochet, with evidence of knitting dating back well over 2000 years. Crochet only came about in the mid 1800s.

Passerbye on
    edited March 2010

Right, their main factory is in Serbia.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »

just set up this to play on loop

oh god whyyyy

wow.

that did get me thinking.

what i need is that little 'caffeine' guy from that one cartoon... the 'my anus is bleeding' ones...

or maybe he's at the end of 'love'

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    ok, I think I've finished most everything that I needed to do today and everything went perfectly well.

I'm sure there's still time for something to mess up. :P

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    edited March 2010

Heh, maybe that's why they shot him up. Ah well, he's driving an old, shitty Opel now.

Haphazard on
    edited March 2010
    mspaint.jpg

No, I meant crocheting an anthropomorphic coffee bean. Coffee beans have a certain recognizable shape, so it'd be interested to try to recreate that with crochet, since the usual even increases and decreases wouldn't work, you'd have to fiddle with it.

I might have done my senior thesis in this kind of stuff. I might even be a fiber nerd. Not sayin'.

Passerbye on
    edited March 2010
    mspaint.jpg

No, I meant crocheting an anthropomorphic coffee bean. Coffee beans have a certain recognizable shape, so it'd be interested to try to recreate that with crochet, since the usual even increases and decreases wouldn't work, you'd have to fiddle with it.

I might have done my senior thesis in this kind of stuff. I might even be a fiber nerd. Not sayin'.

hertzfeld.jpg

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    My throat is full of grey/yellow sticky shit.

I want to stop coughing.

_J_ on
    edited March 2010
    what i need is that little 'caffeine' guy from that one cartoon... the 'my anus is bleeding' ones...

The love one.

Passerbye on
    edited March 2010

Heh, maybe that's why they shot him up. Ah well, he's driving an old, shitty Opel now.

Did he name it Oliver? And is he fond of teeth whitener?

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2010

ughhhhhh. he's not a bean at all!!!!!!!!

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited March 2010

Such is life.

Passerbye on
    edited March 2010

Such is life.

unnecessarily cruel world is unnecessarily cruel.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    The Malt Cross is a great pub, with big leather chairs and some comfy sofas on as two floors, occasional live music and a very relaxed atmosphere.

Langtry's is a nice pub near the Cornerhouse complex, and serves some decent beers.

Saltwater (top floor of the Cornerhouse) is a bit pricey but has a big balcony area and decent wine.

Browne's and Bar Eleven are two bars close to each other in the Hockley part of town, just down from the ice arena. Classier places, with bar staff that are usually eight times better looking than the clientele.

Bogart on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    someone start it back up

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.