As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2010 Photo Collection

• Options
    jengagnejengagne Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    This is the greatest. Truly amazing. Do you think he looks just above the blue lights, how does it work?
    I asked and he showed me. His eyes are just to the inside of the lights, so he's looking out between the lights and the metal. The lights are sorta on arms, it looked like.

Also, here are all my PAX photos and videos:
    http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=PAX&w=22203295%40N05&s=rec

If you just wanna see pics from the classic arcade area:
    http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=rec&w=22203295%40N05&q=PAX+ARCADE&m=text

Or if you just wanna see vids from the Rock Band club:
    http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=rec&w=22203295%40N05&q=PAX+rock&m=text

jengagne on
  • Options
    RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If anyone has any pictures of me, I was the Witch from L4D, that'd be fantastic. I'm searching through the links people have been posting, so if you've already posted your pictures you needent go through them again : ) (I just didn't want to seem like I hadn't done any work to look myself lol).

I have some pictures I took this weekened, all of cosplayers, and I'll post those when I get to uploading them from my camera.... Soon, hopefully.

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I already have that one, but thank you very much! : )
    I should have said that I already have the Loot-Ninja.com one and the MMOMFG ones.

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    CoreyGCoreyG Registered User new member
    edited March 2010

Whats up dude! I was playing Rockband with you on Saturday night. We had played Metallica Battery, and few others, I was the guy with the huge beard. Hope the rest of you time at PAX was well enjoyed like mine.

Hey man! Yeah I had an awesome time! I went back to that room on Sunday and met a girl was absolutely insane on drums (or maybe every instrument). I didn't catch her name but she sure put my skills to shame.

CoreyG on
  • Options
    klokateer9047klokateer9047 A.K.A Captain Freezeezy Long island,NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Heres my facebook album,I have a pic of the pyramid head folks and the power suit guy and many others,http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11820&id=100000324519839&ref=mf

klokateer9047 on
    Steam:Klokateer9047

Xbox live:Wonderboy9047

@Astonishingmike on twitter

STILL THE BEST 1973-FOREVER
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    someone took a picture of a bunch of us in line with our DS' kinda in a circle - if that person was you, I'd love to see how that came out!

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    krztovkrztov Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If anyone has any pictures of me, I was the Witch from L4D, that'd be fantastic. I'm searching through the links people have been posting, so if you've already posted your pictures you needent go through them again : ) (I just didn't want to seem like I hadn't done any work to look myself lol).

I have some pictures I took this weekened, all of cosplayers, and I'll post those when I get to uploading them from my camera.... Soon, hopefully.

wife is sorting through/fixing photos in photoshop we snapped a few of you by the merch booth, will try and get them all on here with my few videos tomorrow night when I get home from work.

krztov on
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    A few of my pics from the con, the rest you can see here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chorazin/sets/72157623614379295/

Click the pic to embiggen!

4477619477_6f714eb44d.jpg

4478243896_8359fc182b.jpg

4477620489_77646da892.jpg

4478247520_acb72ddbbb.jpg

4478250012_12e206b971.jpg

4477616827_f1ea4e08cc.jpg

4478248950_ae440b2cd0.jpg

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    DaNerd wrote: »
    All of my pictures can be found here http://thecomedicvoid.com/photos/pax-east-2010/

Yessss! You were the awesome guy taking photos with an awesome camera on the PAX Train Alliance Stone Line! I'm in some of your pictures! Also I have your card. :B Sweet job with the pictures.

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Glad you liked them! Send me a PM or an email if you want my facebooks.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Propriety wrote: »
    sadfaceman wrote: »
    TheScruple wrote: »
    sadfaceman wrote: »
    Here is my new Flickr account with my pictures from PAX. Most are from the Coulton Concert - I was front stage center with the red shirt on (not an enforcer) so I'm pretty happy with how some of them came out

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sadfaceman/

and my favorite picture of PAX
    Joco Image

Haha, I was next to the "utilikilt wearing <silly goose>" as christened by Paul and Storm. Can't see me in the photo though (I'm short). My roommate is the skinny guy in the white shirt in front of him. The guy was a really cool dude overall, just a little on the loud side. He was an enforcer at this and past PAXes, told some cool stories. But still, utilikilt.

Yeah, talking to Mr. Utilikilt between sets, he did seem pretty chill. In fact, all of the enforcers that I ever talked to were always great people. They really make PAX such a better experience compared to a barrage of overworked and dispassionate people

Mr. Utilikilt was my favorite enforcer, QuickSnap. He's an absolutely swell guy. My friend and I took a picture with him on Saturday, before the concert: 24868721174044377106109.jpg

(I'm the one in the scarf. :B)

Also, hello forums! After attending PAXEast, I felt like I HAD to join the forums.

You know how everyone's got a weird experience or some story of jackassery that your friends take any and every opportunity to tell anyone who'll listen? Yeah, this is mine. Because I swear to God, as long as I am an Enforcer, I will never be able to live this down. For every person who thanked me (and the enforcers as a whole) for working so hard, I had ten people heckel me because I'm "that Silly Goose in the Utilikilt". :?

That said, the experience as a whole was really pretty cool. I got a chance to talk to Paul on Sunday and after calling him a [sic] silly goose several times, we laughed the whole thing off and took it for what it was: fuckin funny. I personally think however, that the funniest part of the whole thing was Paul getting hit in the face by a Fruit Pocket (I would speculate that that's what set him off on me so viciously :lol:).

Also, tons of <3 to Propriety for wanting and taking that photo in the first place. Having been working non-stop for the last few days, I was really tired and probably not in the best of moods. And yet you and your lady friend (I'm sorry for forgetting her name, it's been a long week) popped up and seemed so excited and happy to see me, of all people. I'm not the coolist Enforcer around, AaronC (our plaid kilt wearing Enforcer security manager) and Meatshield (the armor wearing Enforcer) trump me in sheer, unfathomable levels of badassery but you guys wanted a photo with me, which I will say right now gave me a huge moral boost and was a very humbling experience. It made me want to work that much harder to live up to the expectations that you attendees have of us (whatever they may be) and for that I thank you.

I look forward to seeing more photos from the community and hopefully will see some of you again in September for Prime!

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Snap, you're always cool in my book, making a hole for me in crowds at least 5 times so my cripple self could get through in my chair.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    Nana1212Nana1212 Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Neku_Josh.jpg?t=1270009525

Not the highest quality but here you go!
    Oh and thanks for the pin =]

Nana1212 on
  • Options
    SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Loweryi wrote: »
    In case anyone wants to see another awesome pic of the Automata cosplay (not mine, though, but since it's off 4chan there's no one to really credit):
    AUTOMATAAA.jpg

This is the greatest. Truly amazing. Do you think he looks just above the blue lights, how does it work?

I have no idea how it works. I'm just going to go ahead and pretend he's actually a robot.
    Or if he is on these forums, he could spoil the magic trick by telling us if he could actually see.

Sadly i know but automata's secret is safe with me

Singollo on
  • Options
    LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Singollo wrote: »
    In case anyone wants to see another awesome pic of the Automata cosplay (not mine, though, but since it's off 4chan there's no one to really credit):
    AUTOMATAAA.jpg

I have no idea how it works. I'm just going to go ahead and pretend he's actually a robot.
    Or if he is on these forums, he could spoil the magic trick by telling us if he could actually see.

Sadly i know but automata's secret is safe with me

Awwww.
    Well, at least can you tell us this? Is it something that could obviously be done (peering over the lights through the mask) or something that required a lot of work and skill?

If the former, then I will stop pondering. If the latter, I will think about how it could be done until my brain shrivels.

Loweryi on
  • Options
    Tal!nTal!n San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Cross-posted quite a few pictures to the Cosplay thread.

The album can be found here: PAX East

And some less cosplay-ish pictures:

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

Tal!n on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The SE++ crew took their yearly group photo. While it was like half the people we get in Seattle, it was still a good experience. The weird thing was that when we were hanging out beforehand, we started getting people just joining in the crowd and then when we were taking the picture, other people were stopping to take pictures and one person even filmed it.

Which, admittedly, was a bit odd.

Anyways, here is the result, thanks to the always phenomenal Sheri who rescued her pictures from the abyss of a corrupt memory card:

4478278548_eab12e99d1_b.jpg

NotASenator on
  • Options
    zaxytarazaxytara Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ==22==
    PAX%20East%20Day%202010%20-%20035.jpg

Someone in cosplay watching the Bioshock 2 trailer. (which was messed up and scary ... totally cool)

I feel like he may be more impressed by the technology of a television ;-)
    "What is this devil magic?"

zaxytara on
  • Options
    DTJAAAAMDTJAAAAM Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My PAX East convention reports have just been posted, which contain a ton of photos:

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9025641
    http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9025643

A lot of my photos consisted of cosplayers, all of which are in the second link. Also, if you want a full-size version of any photo, send me a message!:mrgreen:

DTJAAAAM on
  • Options
    JimizzleJimizzle Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    SUP BROS

Not really a cosplay picture but quite the victory anyway. Pic with me (right), my bro Corey (SEE EARLIER POSTS) and Kenny (?) from Blizzard after my immortals and collossi won the day. :D

24596_589529381576_34506801_34143760_1911602_n.jpg

Jimizzle on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    zaxytara wrote: »
    ==22==
    PAX%20East%20Day%202010%20-%20035.jpg

Someone in cosplay watching the Bioshock 2 trailer. (which was messed up and scary ... totally cool)

I feel like he may be more impressed by the technology of a television ;-)
    "What is this devil magic?"

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!! That's awesome! That's CJ, one of the peeps I came to PAX with. I sent him the link to come check your post out!

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    PandaloonsPandaloons Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    I set up a link to my photo cblog here, I hope you guy's enjoy the pictures.

DSC_0859.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0507.jpg

DSC_0676.jpg

DSC_0763.jpg

http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Pandaloons

Pandaloons on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    my friend jameson took many pictures here
    gotta log in to see them though. i am the loser in the poptarts hat.
    EDIT: the last photo is my arm signed by the lead guitarist of anamanaguchi

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    pobblebonkpobblebonk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I personally think however, that the funniest part of the whole thing was Paul getting hit in the face by a Fruit Pocket (I would speculate that that's what set him off on me so viciously :lol:).
    My friend threw the fruit pie. She was behind the gates by the vip section so she needed to weigh down the underpants (traditional at a Paul and Storm concert). Unfortunately the pie slipped out mid-flight and hit him in the face. She bought another pie the next day and wrote an apology on it.

Did anyone happen to get a photo of us on Friday? Duct tape Guybrush Threepwood and Morgan Leflay.

pobblebonk on
  • Options
    nikkirawrnikkirawr Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could post a picture of the squid hat attacking the ship from the queue line (waiting for Gabe & Tycho signatures)? Tons of people took pictures, but I didn't get one myself. :(

One of my favorite moments from PAX East was getting Jerry to wear it :3

jerrysquid.jpg

nikkirawr on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    nikkirawr wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could post a picture of the squid hat attacking the ship from the queue line (waiting for Gabe & Tycho signatures)? Tons of people took pictures, but I didn't get one myself. :(

One of my favorite moments from PAX East was getting Jerry to wear it :3

jerrysquid.jpg

no, but ive got like 15 blurry pics i tried to take of that hat, when waiting for closing ceremonies to start i kept trying to take photos from near the stage up to the top level, was all fail.

krztov on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    here are my photos from pax (the good ones anyway)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wonkabelle/sets/72157623747640538/

if you cosplayed and are in the pics let me know, i'll get you full res pics.

krztov on
  • Options
    LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    krztov wrote: »

Could I get a full res pic of Sakura and Vanille? (Even though I wasn't ready to get my picture taken at all! I look like a deer caught in headlights, haha!)

Loweryi on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    krztov wrote: »

Could I get a full res pic of Sakura and Vanille? (Even though I wasn't ready to get my picture taken at all! I look like a deer caught in headlights, haha!)

yeah sorry about that, just saw you guys and told my wife to hurry and take a photo.

http://www.krztov.com/sakuravanille.JPG

large file, about 3-4mb and its unedited, the other one had some tweaking in photoshop :)

krztov on
  • Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nothing terribly special, but I thought I'd add my facebook album to the growing pile:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2319318&id=10610993&l=9239018979

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    Gsauce@MITGsauce@MIT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What? No love for the TF2 Crew?

TF2%20Crew.jpg

Side Note/ Plea: If any of you played PAX Pox and took photos/videos for the achievements, I set up a flickr group here and would LOVE to see them!

Gsauce@MIT on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Gsauce@MIT wrote: »
    What? No love for the TF2 Crew?

TF2%20Crew.jpg

Side Note/ Plea: If any of you played PAX Pox and took photos/videos for the achievements, I set up a flickr group here and would LOVE to see them!

i have a pic of them in my group of photos

krztov on
  • Options
    crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    pobblebonk wrote: »
    My friend threw the fruit pie. She was behind the gates by the vip section so she needed to weigh down the underpants (traditional at a Paul and Storm concert). Unfortunately the pie slipped out mid-flight and hit him in the face. She bought another pie the next day and wrote an apology on it.

Did anyone happen to get a photo of us on Friday? Duct tape Guybrush Threepwood and Morgan Leflay.
    Yes, my friend did!
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs461.snc3/25334_381478159379_503584379_3517104_8240753_n.jpg

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • Options
    Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • Options
    ProlixWagProlixWag Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hey all!

I finally got to watch the video from Saturday's Of Dice and Men performance (coming soon to the Critical Threat website in some form!), and I noticed some folks snapping pictures through the performance -- which is awesome, I was just hoping some of you could share. They would be really great for us to have as a company, and would mean a lot personally to the cast, and especially to myself, as a playwright and Artistic Director who had to watch his own reading via Skype. :)

Thanks a bunch!

--

Cameron McNary
    Artistic Director
    Critical Threat Theatre
    www.criticalthreattheatre.com

ProlixWag on
  • Options
    'T''T' King in the North BostonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    After fixing scratches, dust, and red eye, I have my album.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=211383&id=577460637&l=fcad626d69

I'm kinda pissed that Facebook killed the quality on my photos. I'll need to reupload them somewhere. Any suggestions? Anyways, enjoy.

(PS: Tell me if the link doesn't work.)

'T' on
    15e5VyH.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I made a PAX East! group for anyone who's on Flickr! Throw all your pics in there. :)

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1372342@N20/

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My Facebook album (come one, come all!): TheRoop@Facebook PAX East 2010

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Does anyone have pictures from the PokeCrawl?

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    feboeefeboee Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    T wrote:
    After fixing scratches, dust, and red eye, I have my album.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=211383&id=577460637&l=fcad626d69

I'm kinda pissed that Facebook killed the quality on my photos. I'll need to reupload them somewhere. Any suggestions? Anyways, enjoy.

(PS: Tell me if the link doesn't work.)

*eh hem* I believe that that's MY Scout butt featured in one of your pictures in that album.

feboee on
This discussion has been closed.