As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect Thread: LegionOverlordEDI3way.txt

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I can't speak for everyone but when Harbinger is bearing down on me on insanity I need him taken out before he gets within machine gun range and can pop his little gravity ball / hadoken combo on me so I die instantly.

He goes down pretty quick when you're machinegunning him in the face.

Orca on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Orca wrote: »
    I can't speak for everyone but when Harbinger is bearing down on me on insanity I need him taken out before he gets within machine gun range and can pop his little gravity ball / hadoken combo on me so I die instantly.

he goes down really quick when you concussive shot->warp->incinerate->widow shot him in the face.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Having done both their loyalty quests, Grunt/Jack is the best combo, just a couple freaks on a leash.

My gigantic space lizard friend will pull your spine out your butthole, and Spider Jerusalem there will do the same thing but with her mind

Hobnail on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    when it's time to fight collectors I'm all about Miranda/Mordin. Geth I'm usually rocking Tali/Mordin or Legion/Mordin.

Basically Mordin is awesome.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    The Big LevinskyThe Big Levinsky Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

he goes down really quick when you concussive shot->warp->incinerate->widow shot him in the face.

That is a lot of cooldowns to use when you could melt him in the span of one Hardened Adrenaline Rush with Revenant+Squad Warp ammo at medium/close range.

The Big Levinsky on
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

With the assault rifle accuracy upgrade, and the complete lack of any recoil during Adrenaline Rush...yeah, nothing is better than the Revenant for a soldier.

Widow is great for an Infiltrator, but an infiltrator is not a soldier.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Scooter wrote: »
    I have enough trouble believing turians really have a giant shell thing going around their necks

That's what their hoods retract into. They're like convertibles.

You never see their hoods out because of some reason that totally isn't dirty.

Seriously on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I chose the widow over the revenant on both my soldier playthroughs and had a lovely time of it. Crazy idea but I think different people enjoy different things. Shocking, I know.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    smof wrote: »
    I chose the widow over the revenant on both my soldier playthroughs and had a lovely time of it. Crazy idea but I think different people enjoy different things. Shocking, I know.

You lie!

Orca on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Then you haven't tried the Revenant. You don't understand what you're missing. 560 rounds. Each ammo pack you pick up is like +50 to 80 back. High rate of fire. Adrenaline rush with it's damage boost means fuck accuracy, I'm Rambo with a space gun shooting fire bullets at dudes and watching them burn to death in slow motion.

Hunter on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    DUD-DUD-DUD-DUDdududududuududududududuudud

Nuzak on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Plus you can burst fire it manually by tapping on the trigger when you need to

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The Revenant is actually quite accurate when fired in 3- to 5-round bursts.

Sure, it lacks the merciless finality of a Widow headshot, but the Revenant is loads of fun.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    the revenant is also fun as hell when shooting at large bosses and other things with high health/armor/barrier whatever

you just watch them bars melt

Pony on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The huge clip size also eliminates any debate about the ammunition system. I've got a Revenant - what is this 'reloading' you speak of?

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Strip off the first layer of defenses, then all it takes is one magazine. Oohhhh yeah.

Orca on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ha ha oh my goodness I love my fully upgraded 'throw' powers

FWOOSH

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Throw rules on the collector ship. HI GOODBYE.

jwalk on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i always liked pullfield + chargefield on my vanguard

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is pull really worth shit for a Vanguard on Insanity? I doubt it.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    smof wrote: »

its silly to choose the Widow on a Soldier playthrough. Just play an Infiltrator if you want to have fun with the Widow. The soldier is the only class that gets a Revenant.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Mysst wrote: »
    not having a good sniper rifle until thane is fucking lame, though

The Mantis is better than the Viper...

at least on Insanity it is.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Is pull really worth shit for a Vanguard on Insanity? I doubt it.

do you like paralysing enemies and making them more vulnerable to warp, weapon damage, and potentially a biotic charge?

come into my office

Nuzak on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Goddamn. I don't think I got a single renegade point for
    accidentally choosing to let a missle hit a residential area instead of a bunch of factories.

Maybe the game knew I didn't mean to do it.

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Sunday_AssassinSunday_Assassin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    not having a good sniper rifle until thane is fucking lame, though

The Mantis is better than the Viper...

at least on Insanity it is.

not at all

Sunday_Assassin on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Blah Blah Blah Widow is best ect ect

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hunter wrote: »
    Then you haven't tried the Revenant. You don't understand what you're missing. 560 rounds. Each ammo pack you pick up is like +50 to 80 back. High rate of fire. Adrenaline rush with it's damage boost means fuck accuracy, I'm Rambo with a space gun shooting fire bullets at dudes and watching them burn to death in slow motion.

I have tried the revenant, on my second run through. I then reloaded a previous save and picked the widow. So nyeh.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So apparently BioWare is having an auction.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    1zoyx5y.jpg

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    synthetic orange: Terrornaut

Pony on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    yes, you are krogan

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I love that Vanguard video.

I like to pretend that I am playing while I watch it, because I know that I will never be able to tolerate actually playing on Insanity; Hardcore is my limit.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    mister tuxedomister tuxedo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The revenant is merciless, but the widow is vicious. Nothing quite like the second or third time through when you can rock both of them.

mister tuxedo on
    Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment/ PO Box 20068/ 104 60 Stockholm/ Sweden
    Send them a Pair of Running Shoes. Used or Otherwise. Or a letter, but let's not be formulaic. Send them a picture of trainers, too. Or a painting. Or money. Whatever.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »
    The truth, revealed!

edit: how can you get both the Widow and the Revenant? I thought you didn't get the chance to pick a bonus weapon in a NG+

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    you cheat

Nuzak on
  • Options
    mister tuxedomister tuxedo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »
    The truth, revealed!

edit: how can you get both the Widow and the Revenant? I thought you didn't get the chance to pick a bonus weapon in a NG+

I just played back through with my guy I used in ME1 and ME2 a second time and picked the revenant. I'm pretty sure I rocked the widow from the starting line when I restarted.

mister tuxedo on
    Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment/ PO Box 20068/ 104 60 Stockholm/ Sweden
    Send them a Pair of Running Shoes. Used or Otherwise. Or a letter, but let's not be formulaic. Send them a picture of trainers, too. Or a painting. Or money. Whatever.
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just started my second play through as ... my wife.

I made a femshep that looks vaguely similar, gave her the same profession (engineer) and cranked down the difficulty (because I don't fancy running an engineer through insanity). The best part is having her make the major decisions for me like who I am going to romance up.
    Garrus and Thane are pretty sexy after all.

I am wondering about the decisions from ME1 for non-imported characters though. Is it random? Or will it always choose the same options?
    Because I was looking forward to seeing the council saved, and it doesn't sound like that was the case. Also, no wrex :(

Sticks on