As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Weeaboo] Because foreign children's shows are way better than domestic

• RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    bleach and naruto spoilers this week are fucking bananas

bleach
    isshin headbutts ichigo across the city, blows aizen away, gin unleashes his bankai

naruto
    kabuto revives akatsuki. yes, all of them

Rust on
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rust wrote: »

bleach
    isshin headbutts ichigo across the city, blows aizen away, gin unleashes his bankai

naruto

Bleach
    Sound potentially good. I hope it is!

Naruto
    GODDAMMIT KISHIMOTO! GODDAMIT

blaze_zero on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just finished watching Kannazuki no Miko.

I have to admit I wasn't expecting much going in but by the end I was really enjoying it. Starts off pretty slow and seems to be pretty standard, if a bit boring. But then the whole thing just becomes amazing. Basic idea is that the ends of days is approaching (In the form of 8 "Orochis") and only two girls have the power to stop it.

Spoilered synopsis and thoughts (Also big ass story spoilers, you have been warned.)
    Episodes 1-5: Story about how much Chikane loves, adores, and will do anything to make Himeko happy. Oh yeah there is some giant robots trashing shit.
    Episode 6-7: Oh wait...they were serious about that Orochi stuff....things are picking up. Chikane even tries to make Himeko happy by helping her get ready for a date with Souma, one of the Orochi who is fighting to protect Himeko despite also being urged to kill her.
    Episode 8: :shock: WTF....no wait....SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK. You can't do that, it has to be an illusion or something. Chikane loses her mind and confesses her love to Himeko while forcing herself on her.
    Episode 9: Aftermath. Ok we need a breather...episode 8 was too much, there is no way that happened, no way could she have really done that. Chikane has joined the Orochi and singlehandedly takes them all out to be the only one left. (aside from Souma)
    Episode 10: Ah ok...Chikame came back, good see? It was all a bad dream. Wait....oh nevermind she is just toying with Himeko's emotions again and threatens to kill her.
    Episode 11: Things are heated up! Everything is coming together, a battle for fate of the earth!
    Episode 12:
    6e23358ec05985db3a83bab07338907e1230933907_full.jpg

Truly amazing series. That Chikane would go through those lengths, and destroy any and all hope for her own happiness in order to protect Himeko, was truly beautiful. Yes...she made some fucked up decisions along the way (deciding to rape the person she loved in order to get her to hate her was a horrible horrible plan.) , but she knew the only way to end it all was to have Himeko kill her. And the realization at the end...so unbelievably touching.

Also it was very touching that Chikane swapped out the priestess uniforms, I figured it was an attempt to subvert fate. She had envisioned the death of Himeko by Chikane's own hand and I figured she meant to reverse that when she swapped the uniforms, additionally the alude to the "scent" of the girls throughout the show and I would imagine that taking Himeko's uniform was also a way to keep some small part of Himeko with Chikane.

In short, slow start, but damned good story overall and I'm very glad I watched it. Real tearjerker at times so be prepared for that if you want to tackle this series. It's only 12 eps but honestly I couldn't imagine it being more (too emotionally draining to last more than 12 eps). If you plan on checking it out, stick with it all the way and you won't be sorry.
    This post earns my approval. :^:

Kannazuki no Miko was a great series that more people should watch. ;_;
    Falx wrote: »
    Aroduc wrote: »
    fluter.jpg

You know I probably should have admitted this earlier... but I only get maybe 4 out of every 10 random picture references you post.

This isn't one of those four.

Alternately:
    This one time, at band camp...
    It's a manga spoiler for Kannazuki.

Huge spoiler
    Chikane still rapes Himeko to try and force her to hate her, but for whatever reason does it with a flute in the manga.
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    naruto
    Naruto
    I wonder if he revives Kisame somehow. I mean, dude's supposed to be still alive secretly, so it'll look strange when he does all this bullshit and he's not there.

Hey B:L, I gots a question for you! If Rosario is Anime Twilight, does it also have imprinting? Or did America outdo Japan on the creepiness there?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

naruto

Oh God damn, why did I read this spoiler? Wish I had saved that for when I read it proper.

LockedOnTarget on
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    blaze_zero wrote: »

bleach

naruto

Bleach
    Sound potentially good. I hope it is!

Naruto

Bleach finally sounds good for a change.

Naruto: o_OO_oo_OO_oo_OO_o

tallgeeze on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    honestly i wouldn't be surprised if those naruto spoilers were an elaborate april fool's joke

remember that a year ago someone took the time to do an extremely detailed page of one piece that had everyone convinced luffy had turned into a woman

Rust on
    edited March 2010
    honestly i wouldn't be surprised if those naruto spoilers were an elaborate april fool's joke

remember that a year ago someone took the time to do an extremely detailed page of one piece that had everyone convinced luffy had turned into a woman

True and it was good, but it also made sense to some extent.

tallgeeze on
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »

I have to admit I wasn't expecting much going in but by the end I was really enjoying it. Starts off pretty slow and seems to be pretty standard, if a bit boring. But then the whole thing just becomes amazing. Basic idea is that the ends of days is approaching (In the form of 8 "Orochis") and only two girls have the power to stop it.

Spoilered synopsis and thoughts (Also big ass story spoilers, you have been warned.)
    Episodes 1-5: Story about how much Chikane loves, adores, and will do anything to make Himeko happy. Oh yeah there is some giant robots trashing shit.
    Episode 6-7: Oh wait...they were serious about that Orochi stuff....things are picking up. Chikane even tries to make Himeko happy by helping her get ready for a date with Souma, one of the Orochi who is fighting to protect Himeko despite also being urged to kill her.
    Episode 8: :shock: WTF....no wait....SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK. You can't do that, it has to be an illusion or something. Chikane loses her mind and confesses her love to Himeko while forcing herself on her.
    Episode 9: Aftermath. Ok we need a breather...episode 8 was too much, there is no way that happened, no way could she have really done that. Chikane has joined the Orochi and singlehandedly takes them all out to be the only one left. (aside from Souma)
    Episode 10: Ah ok...Chikame came back, good see? It was all a bad dream. Wait....oh nevermind she is just toying with Himeko's emotions again and threatens to kill her.
    Episode 11: Things are heated up! Everything is coming together, a battle for fate of the earth!
    Episode 12:

Truly amazing series. That Chikane would go through those lengths, and destroy any and all hope for her own happiness in order to protect Himeko, was truly beautiful. Yes...she made some fucked up decisions along the way (deciding to rape the person she loved in order to get her to hate her was a horrible horrible plan.) , but she knew the only way to end it all was to have Himeko kill her. And the realization at the end...so unbelievably touching.

Also it was very touching that Chikane swapped out the priestess uniforms, I figured it was an attempt to subvert fate. She had envisioned the death of Himeko by Chikane's own hand and I figured she meant to reverse that when she swapped the uniforms, additionally the alude to the "scent" of the girls throughout the show and I would imagine that taking Himeko's uniform was also a way to keep some small part of Himeko with Chikane.

In short, slow start, but damned good story overall and I'm very glad I watched it. Real tearjerker at times so be prepared for that if you want to tackle this series. It's only 12 eps but honestly I couldn't imagine it being more (too emotionally draining to last more than 12 eps). If you plan on checking it out, stick with it all the way and you won't be sorry.

fluter.jpg

You know I probably should have admitted this earlier... but I only get maybe 4 out of every 10 random picture references you post.

Alternately:

Huge spoiler
    Chikane still rapes Himeko to try and force her to hate her, but for whatever reason does it with a flute in the manga.

Wow.

I'm not ever watching that. I have a low tolerance of emotional trauma type stuff.

Falx on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Full Naruto spoilers for complete hilarity:
    Naruto goes to a fortune teller who tells him he'll meet an octopus and fight someone with strong eyes or something equally obvious.

Tsunade is pigging out on food while Kakashi feels burned. (?)

Kabuto confronts Madara. "Oh? Sasori's old spy. Traitors must be dealt with!" Suddenly, coffins shoot out of the ground around Madara. "Edotensai?!"

Itachi, Kakuzu, Deidara, Nagato, and Sasori emerge from the coffins
    So it doesn't quite look like they're all "completely back from the dead" so much as being that one move which Orochimaru did to have the First and the Second fight the Third.

Jragghen on
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Episode 12:

fluter.jpg

Alternately:

Huge spoiler

Wow.

I'm not ever watching that. I have a low tolerance of emotional trauma type stuff.

She gets better.

Bremen on
    edited March 2010
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Naruto goes to a fortune teller who tells him he'll meet an octopus and fight someone with strong eyes or something equally obvious.

Kabuto confronts Madara. "Oh? Sasori's old spy. Traitors must be dealt with!" Suddenly, coffins shoot out of the ground around Madara. "Edotensai?!"

So it doesn't quite look like they're all "completely back from the dead" so much as being that one move which Orochimaru did to have the First and the Second fight the Third.

Makes enough sense, and fits the character who's doing it.

LockedOnTarget on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2010
    Huh... I dunno why but I could've sworn BakaTest only had 13 episodes.

Oh well... have to admit I didn't see that ending coming.

o_O

Have you been hitting the rum before noon again?

Aroduc on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey B:L, I gots a question for you! If Rosario is Anime Twilight, does it also have imprinting? Or did America outdo Japan on the creepiness there?

Damnit Spec, I put in the qualifier "BUT GOOD" for a reason.

There's no imprinting so yes Japan has been outdone when comparing R+V to Twilight.

That's why Japan later made Dance in the Vampire Bund. It cannot be defeated.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited March 2010

o_O

So you're saying the plucky heroes don't normally win against the antagonists after leveling their powers up across the course of a series? Because that's what it looked like to me.

Though I have to remember it's a comedy series. Watching people fail despite giving their best is classic comedy.

Falx on
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bremen wrote: »

Episode 12:

fluter.jpg

Alternately:

Huge spoiler

Wow.

She gets better.

It's actually a bit disturbing how quickly she gets better, but that seems to be in the nature of her character.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ITT kannaduki love
    knm.png

(spoilered for size)

Edit: oh wait i'm jailed

click the link

Senshi on
  • JouleJoule Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

o_O

So you're saying the plucky heroes don't normally win against the antagonists after leveling their powers up across the course of a series? Because that's what it looked like to me.

Though I have to remember it's a comedy series. Watching people fail despite giving their best is classic comedy.

No he's saying that it is 13 episodes.

Joule on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2010
    And hasn't ended.

Aroduc on
    edited March 2010

Maybe I'm just tired of people coming back from the dead in whatever fashion.

Might as well bring back Zabuza at this point. He was cool.

tallgeeze on
    edited March 2010
    And hasn't ended.

So this one time on the forums I typed 13 when I actually intended to type 12 and looked rather silly.

Falx on
  • NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tallgeeze wrote: »

zabuza was weak as fuck compared to everyone's current day power levels.

NotYou on
    edited March 2010

Well, it's not really them. It's the same deal as when Orochimaru used a couple of dead bodies to summon up the past Hokages. The actual guys are all still dead.

LockedOnTarget on
    edited March 2010
    Yes, yes. I know the past techniques used and Zabuza's "weak as fuck" status. I just don't want to see them ever again and Zabuza was my kitchen sink in this scenario.

tallgeeze on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Naruto:
    Yes, yes. I know the past techniques used and Zabuza's "weak as fuck" status. I just don't want to see them ever again and Zabuza was my kitchen sink in this scenario.

Well you could've at least given something more plausable.
    Haku. Ressurected AS A GIRL.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bleach is gonna be so boss this week.

Even better next week when we
    get to actually see Gin's Bankai

Senshi on
    edited March 2010
    B:L wrote: »
    Naruto:

People who fanfic will never stand for it.

tallgeeze on
  • RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey! Don't diss the R+V manga! It's pretty damn awesome/enjoyable. And one can not deny that the manga hero is a true bro as well as a ghoul badass.
    3435.jpg

Now the anime? Go ahead. It's a load of crap. They make the main pathetic, strip out most of the story/tension, and turn it into a monster of the week series.

Yeah, I always liked that moment in the Manga. Has a very Chow Yun Fat feel to it.

"I've got fun in both hands and I can fuck you up with either hand."

We need more references to Chow Yun Fat in Manga. So far, Black Lagoon has been my only source.

Rchanen on
  • RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've really come to enjoy Yankeen-kun to Megane-Chan.

Has anybody thought that if this ever gets animated and exported that JYB would play the male lead perfectly?

Rchanen on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just finished KnM. Manly tears have been shed. Oh god have manly tears been shed. D:

citfotnsmanlytears.png

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I finally read the OP. "Just wait through the first 9 episodes and then it gets great." Of course it is a 13 episode series. Hilarious.

deadonthestreet on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I finally read the OP. "Just wait through the first 9 episodes and then it gets great." Of course it is a 13 episode series. Hilarious.

I think you crossed the streams.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited March 2010
    Bremen wrote: »
    *snip*

Alternately:

Huge spoiler

Wow.

She gets better.

It's actually a bit disturbing how quickly she gets better, but that seems to be in the nature of her character.
    Falx what the hell. Why did you click that spoiler if you weren't aware of at least the anime plot.

Seriously don't be a silly goose and just watch the show. Low tolerance of emotional trauma? o_O

I mean, it's not like I'm making you watch Saikano here.

Damnit Spec, I put in the qualifier "BUT GOOD" for a reason.

There's no imprinting so yes Japan has been outdone when comparing R+V to Twilight.

That's why Japan later made Dance in the Vampire Bund. It cannot be defeated.
    Maybe you should change the thread title to '= Anime Twilight BUT GOOD', then!
    Naruto:

People who fanfic will never stand for it.
    I'll be honest, I would watch the HELL out of the show that B:L suggested.
    Haku resurrected as a girl in a world where all the ninja wars have totally ended because of Naruto becoming Hokage.

C'mon, it'd be sweet.
    Just finished KnM. Manly tears have been shed. Oh god have manly tears been shed. D:

citfotnsmanlytears.png
    :^:

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Not gonna lie, I completely avoided the last thread because of the title.
    Good job

Snowblindvictim on
    edited March 2010
    Not gonna lie, I completely avoided the last thread because of the title.
    Good job

Really? Hmm I don't remember the title I've only really started in on the thread this time around. I thought I heard it had something to do with The Nanoha series though, Which if I remember correctly was a damned good series.

Am I missing something here?

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Shenanigans making it contain "pedophiles" throughout.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited March 2010
    Infidel wrote: »

Ah that would explain it. I didn't realize the title was messed with I thought it was just the OP.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    edited March 2010

Ah that would explain it. I didn't realize the title was messed with I thought it was just the OP.
    Lord no. They screwed with the title several times. You can see all the iterations if you do view printable and just go forward pages at a time.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited March 2010

Lord no. They screwed with the title several times. You can see all the iterations if you do view printable and just go forward pages at a time.

In that case y ou'll just have to make the Next one so Amazing they wouldn't dare mess with it :winky:

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rchanen wrote: »
    Hey! Don't diss the R+V manga! It's pretty damn awesome/enjoyable. And one can not deny that the manga hero is a true bro as well as a ghoul badass.
    3435.jpg

Now the anime? Go ahead. It's a load of crap. They make the main pathetic, strip out most of the story/tension, and turn it into a monster of the week series.

Yeah, I always liked that moment in the Manga. Has a very Chow Yun Fat feel to it.

"I've got fun in both hands and I can fuck you up with either hand."

We need more references to Chow Yun Fat in Manga. So far, Black Lagoon has been my only source.

What Chapter is this? I'm as far as the Gremlin attacking the plane.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    edited March 2010
    hmm..Vagrant's image makes want to read this R+V, but the OP makes me not want to read it.

What the ratio of badass to harem/twighlightyness?

tallgeeze on
This discussion has been closed.