As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Street Fighter (IV/HDR): Fourteen days left! That's less than...336 hours!

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Morvidus wrote: »
    Antihippy wrote: »
    It's SF4.

Everything's silly.

Nothing is as bad as the announcer in 3S, except for BlazBlue's rounds being called "Rebel"...

EDIT: On another note, is K' going to be in KoFXIII? (Damn your sig, Hippy!)

Yep, K' will be in KoFXIII. Is it official yet? No, but an image posted and then taken down from the official website did leak the existence of a "K' Team." Also, art of him appears to have been hidden in the trailer. He's in.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »
    It's SF4.

Everything's silly.

Nothing is as bad as the announcer in 3S, except for BlazBlue's rounds being called "Rebel"...

EDIT: On another note, is K' going to be in KoFXIII? (Damn your sig, Hippy!)

Yep, K' will be in KoFXIII. Is it official yet? No, but an image posted and then taken down from the official website did leak the existence of a "K' Team." Also, art of him appears to have been hidden in the trailer. He's in.

K' and Maxima ftw. Whip, bleh. Bring back K9999!

I know...wishful thinking...

Morvidus on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nah.

It's either going to be whip or kula.

I'm rooting for whip. Fuck kula.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Fuck it. I'd pay $60 just to watch Ash die a horrible, sexually-confusing death.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'd pay $60 to watch ash be sexually confusing. :winky:

I mean... erm... err...

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It's like SNK didn't want to Ash to be another Ryo, but did. They gave him the moves of Guile, but everything else is completely opposite. They made a man, then removed anything manly about the man.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hmm...I haven't seen Cody use his air throw at all tonight. Did they take that away?

Morvidus on
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I went to bed pretty early on in the stream, but fortunately you can still watch a lot of it on the stream page, since apparently it goes into reruns!

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    s-kill is on now. Dunno if it was on earlier or not because my fucking kid hasn't shut the hell up in about 3 hours.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Although getting to see some semi-decent people play Super was nice, the NorCal stream mostly served as a point of comparison to realize how good the SoCal and east coast productions are.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wow! With his new alt, abel doesn't look like a raging d-bag anymore! Although he does look like some french arnold schwarzenegger...

"GET INTO ZEE CHOPPA"

09_alts409.jpg

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wait, how the hell does abel look like a D-Bag? It's just a standard Sambo gi.

Plus he looks like he's based off Fedor Emelianenko. Who is pretty much more badass than arnold.

image.axd?picture=Fedor_Sambo_Demo.jpg

Antihippy on
  • Options
    SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Plus he looks like he's based off Fedor Emelianenko. Who is pretty much more badass than a bear with a shark for a head.

Fixed.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    So I went to bed pretty early on in the stream, but fortunately you can still watch a lot of it on the stream page, since apparently it goes into reruns!

I went to bed right after a match between hakan and ibuki, where ibuki won using the kunai throw exclusively. Come on, Hakan, you should have seen the 8th, 9th, 10th kunai coming.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wishpig wrote: »
    Wow! With his new alt, abel doesn't look like a raging d-bag anymore! Although he does look like some french arnold schwarzenegger...

"GET INTO ZEE CHOPPA"

09_alts409.jpg

I like how he has guns strapped in that pic... but he'll throw rocks instead of using them :P

(edit) oh wait, that's Abel not Cody. Still lame!

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    aBlank wrote: »
    Wishpig wrote: »

"GET INTO ZEE CHOPPA"

09_alts409.jpg

I like how he has guns strapped in that pic... but he'll throw rocks instead of using them :P

(edit) oh wait, that's Abel not Cody. Still lame!

Looks like Guile's alt, but without the flak vest and FUCKAWESOME SHADES.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh yeah, I just wanted to say thanks for the SSFTHD invites.

Sorry I left early, my mic is broken and I wanted to play some Bad Company 2.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm sad. I spent an hour searching for matches and hosting lobbies for Garou on 360, and nobody joined...

Morvidus on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think I have Garou. Never play it because no one is on and I probably suck at it.

But sucking at a fighting game never stops me from playing it.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm sad. I spent an hour searching for matches and hosting lobbies for Garou on 360, and nobody joined...

People gave up on Garou and 98 UM pretty quickly due to the poor online code. Consiquently I have both, but never really learned to play them the right way. i.e. I've never done hopping stuff in KoF and don't know anything about whatever intricacies Garou has to offer. My plan was to use KoFXII to finally learn how to play a KoF game, but well ... we all know how that turned out.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Garou is the best 2D fighter I've ever played, and I think I've played almost every 2D fighter ever made, aside from those hentai games.

On the bright side, I have Garou on GGPO, I'm just too fucking tired to figure out what I should unplug from my PC to make room for my stick...

Morvidus on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    GG's Top Hat Panda. Play more Gief and love it!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If there was a prize for cheesiest HDR player Slayer would win it every time.

:P

chamberlain on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Some nice Fuerte vids courtesy of Dawgtanian from the UK event:

Vids under spoiler:
    Fuerte's target combo now actually combos and it comes out pretty fast and works great as footsies. :lol
    In one of the vids, it beats out Ryu's cr.MK

The vids also have :
    * Fuerte punishing a blocked Abel's sean kick with ultra 2
    * ultra 2 going under fireballs
    * ultra 2 punishing blocked cr.MK -> hadoken

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6PGB9SDtyc

Check out 2:13.

Why didn't headbutt break cody's armour? Isn't headbutt an armour breaker? o_O

Also, check out 8:08 of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhjUA8fJ-Bc

Tsurugi hits overhead apparently.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    headbutt isn't armor breaking. Turn around punch, torpedo punch, and overhead punch armor break (as well as any move used as a reversal) for balrog.

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hah.

Eventhubs was wrong then.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Is it just me or does Gouken recover from fireballs super fast now? I also laughed at full-screen ultra hit off a mp.fireball air hit.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Is it just me or does Gouken recover from fireballs super fast now? I also laughed at full-screen ultra hit off a mp.fireball air hit.

I'm not sure, but I think Gouken has the second fastest fireball recovery in SFIV (behind Guile). In Super he should be the third fastest (behind Guile and Dee Jay) unless Juri also has crazy fast recovery.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    2 weeks, 3 days left

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    2 weeks, 3 days left

Only 392 hours to go!

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

You're just pissed Chun Li's standing strong punch > everything else in the game.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SlayerVin wrote: »

You're just pissed Chun Li's standing strong punch > everything else in the game.

I can vouch for this. Its such a good poke.

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Garou is the best 2D fighter I've ever played, and I think I've played almost every 2D fighter ever made, aside from those hentai games.

On the bright side, I have Garou on GGPO, I'm just too fucking tired to figure out what I should unplug from my PC to make room for my stick...

I think I'm one of the only people around here to get Garou on 360. Mostly because I was super hyped about it, made a thread for it, bought it, played the game online a bit, and then came back to my thread and changed the title to something along the lines of "Netcode sucks, everyone can go home."

I have constant issues with GGPO, and I'd rather play Garou on GGPO than 360. (I also own it on Dreamcast, but I can't exactly go online with it.)

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    ShizumaruShizumaru Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd pay good money for Garou on PSN with a good online network/lobbies.. that game was a gem that never really got the attention it deserved

Shizumaru on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I bought Garou and found similar issues with the net code. So sad.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DaSniper91DaSniper91 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Garou is pretty damn fun but yeah the netcode is busted.

DaSniper91 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You know before playing the SNK releases for 360/PS3 I did not know you could fuck over the netcode for a 2D game like that.

Hell, SNK's netcode makes SC4's online seem playable.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I remember SamShodown5 for OG Xbox had good netcode. KoF Neowave was a little worse though.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I bought Garou and found similar issues with the net code. So sad.

Garou is much more fun than any KOF - there I said it. Too bad they'll never ever make Garou 2.

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ