Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[chat]ical illusion

1555658606164

Posts

  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Only a pound?

    If I'm left to my own ends I could easily go through an onion a day.

    Quid on
  • DemuristDemurist Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am going to start a cooking advice thread tomorrow. Passerbye is welcome to help me :)

    For now though I really have to go to bed.

    Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Demurist wrote: »
    Why thank you! But if she is off to bed then so am I...

    P.S. I love your taste in sig and avatar. I'm quite jealous :P

    Gorillaz FTW!

    Sleep well. :)

    Passerbye on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    I freakin love the smell of cooking onions. I love browning some ground chuck, and then sauteing the onions in the leftover grease. Smells heavenly.

    I think Dyr and I go through about a pound of onions a month between the two of us, and two cloves of garlic a week (sometimes just one, depending on what I'm making). Thankfully onions are cheap. :)

    I've never quite gotten used to mincing up garlic. I think I need better knives (and more practice).

    Sorry, not cloves of garlic, heads. Sorry.

    Yah, garlic just takes a little practice. Do you have a honer?

    Nope, I honestly don't know what that is. Part of my problem I'm sure is that I don't get to practice very often.

    Which is related, I'm sure, to living at home and having a great deal of food readily available to me all the time.

    mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    choco you should play l4d2 with me sometime! if you want to! I am looking for more people to play with.

    Let's do it.

    You and I.

    Right now.

    I would love to more than you know, but school is tomrrow and I doing putting some final touches on some prep work!

    do I have you on steam? you should put me on steam. tarranon is the steam id name. and then where could do it. where could make it happen.

    Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    deadwood is awesome

    Organichu on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's going to be awhile before they're able to perform any collisions at 7 TeV. Probably gonna go to bed.

    Sarksus on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Demurist wrote: »
    I am going to start a cooking advice thread tomorrow. Passerbye is welcome to help me :)

    For now though I really have to go to bed.

    We already have a DnD cooking thread, actually. It's awesome-sauce.

    Passerbye on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey Passer. :D How's it goin'?

    Silas Brown on
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well if the LHC destroys the world, then at least I won't have to go to school tomorrow. :P

    Taranis on
    / steam / [blizzard] taranis#1834 /
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Taranis wrote: »
    Well if the LHC destroys the world, then at least I won't have to go to school tomorrow. :P

    pfft its going to destroy the world and create a reality where theres only you and the school

    and its going to be like groundhog day

    dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    choco you should play l4d2 with me sometime! if you want to! I am looking for more people to play with.

    Let's do it.

    You and I.

    Right now.

    I would love to more than you know, but school is tomrrow and I doing putting some final touches on some prep work!

    do I have you on steam? you should put me on steam. tarranon is the steam id name. and then where could do it. where could make it happen.

    Awesome. Just added you and now I found the D&D Steam Group.

    I SEE HOW IT IS, NOT BEING INCLUDED IN YOUR EXCLUSIVE LITTLE CLUB
    please invite me whenever you get the chance if it is within your capabilities

    Rear Admiral Choco on
    2WJtdLD.png
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So im guessing they fixed the thing where the LHC was sabotaging itself from the future?

    Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hmm, this thread is making me want to pick up some stuff to cook tomorrow. Maybe I can experiment with a homemade pasta sauce. Give me an opportunity to cook some onions and practice working with garlic.

    mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    There is a D&D steam group? I'll have to look this up when I get home

    Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Corbius wrote: »
    So im guessing they fixed the thing where the LHC was sabotaging itself from the future?

    Man, I could not believe it when I heard that theory. I'm not really amazed when people come up with this stuff, I'm just amazed when they believe it.

    Silas Brown on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nope, I honestly don't know what that is. Part of my problem I'm sure is that I don't get to practice very often.

    Which is related, I'm sure, to living at home and having a great deal of food readily available to me all the time.

    Just think how pleased your parents will be if you cook something for them, eh?

    Honing a knife

    Since sharpening has to be done by a professional with tools - those 'knife sharpening' gimmicks are exactly that, gimmicks. At the best, they're just honers. At the worst, they'll damage your knife.
    Hey Passer. :D How's it goin'?

    I'm making stock! :D

    Passerbye on
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    Well if the LHC destroys the world, then at least I won't have to go to school tomorrow. :P

    pfft its going to destroy the world and create a reality where theres only you and the school

    and its going to be like groundhog day

    Shit.

    I have no desire to learn how to play the piano.

    The universe is fucked.

    Taranis on
    / steam / [blizzard] taranis#1834 /
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    feeling used is terrible

    like, it's one of the worst things

    Organichu on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ahaha one of the ladies at the office just came up to me.

    'you know i'm getting married?'
    'yea you told me, when is it?'
    'may 16, i stop working tomorrow'
    'aw, but Rosie is taking over, ri--'
    'when are you leaving?'
    'end of may'
    'ah... you will come to my marriage.'
    'ooh ok'

    and off she goes with a big grin on her face.

    It wasn't even a question, she just ordered me.

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    God, I hope I never get invited to a wedding. I'm too passive to turn something like that down, but I'd have no idea what to do either.

    Silas Brown on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I went to a friend's wedding that was enjoyable.

    Not so much looking forward to going to my ex's wedding, but eh, free alcohol.

    Actually not free because fucking wedding gifts but bleh

    Nocturne on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    You've never been to a wedding, Mori? o_O

    They're easy. You dress up, maybe bring a gift, sit still for a couple hours and then gorge yourself on food and booze.

    Jacobkosh on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I went to a friend's wedding that was enjoyable.

    Not so much looking forward to going to my ex's wedding, but eh, free alcohol.

    Actually not free because fucking wedding gifts but bleh

    Just go halvsies with someone for a fork.

    Silas Brown on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo But do you really believe him? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The only problem with weddings is that they tend to be far away, so you need to sort out a hotel.

    Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    You've never been to a wedding, Mori? o_O

    They're easy. You dress up, maybe bring a gift, sit still for a couple hours and then gorge yourself on food and booze.

    That doesn't sound so bad.

    Silas Brown on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    ahaha one of the ladies at the office just came up to me.

    'you know i'm getting married?'
    'yea you told me, when is it?'
    'may 16, i stop working tomorrow'
    'aw, but Rosie is taking over, ri--'
    'when are you leaving?'
    'end of may'
    'ah... you will come to my marriage.'
    'ooh ok'

    and off she goes with a big grin on her face.

    It wasn't even a question, she just ordered me.

    That could be an amazing experience.

    Though if an Indian wedding is anything like a Rwandan one, be prepared to not understand much. (my Mum and Dad have a couple of funny stories about Rwandan weddings they've been to where it was 4 hours of people speaking in Kinyarwanda and them trying to secretly read a book while some elabourate discussion about how many cows were to be exchanged was staged).

    BobCesca on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    God, I hope I never get invited to a wedding. I'm too passive to turn something like that down, but I'd have no idea what to do either.
    Bring some money in an envelop, be quiet during the ceremony, give the envelop and your congratulations when everyone else starts doing it. An orderly line will most likely be formed. During the festivities map out the fastest route to the booze and keep an eye out for any hot girls in beautiful dresses. In case of family weddings, look up your extended family so you don't end up banging a cousin in the toilet.

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    You've never been to a wedding, Mori? o_O

    They're easy. You dress up, maybe bring a gift, sit still for a couple hours and then gorge yourself on food and booze.

    That doesn't sound so bad.

    really, the only terrible thing about weddings is the price it costs the people throwing it.

    James on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh man Aldo you must go.

    Indian weddings are fantastic affairs, usually lasting three days. Food and music and dancing and more food and colorful clothing and more dancing and more food. You'll enjoy it, though as Cesca said, you won't understand a lot of it.

    Passerbye on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ...yeah, people are going to hate my wedding. We're having it at lunchtime to reduce the drunkenness opportunities.

    BobCesca on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I went to a friend's wedding that was enjoyable.

    Not so much looking forward to going to my ex's wedding, but eh, free alcohol.

    Actually not free because fucking wedding gifts but bleh

    Just go halvsies with someone for a fork.

    Nah I think a more fitting gift would be a gift card to a place like this:
    bittersweet.jpg

    Nocturne on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    ahaha one of the ladies at the office just came up to me.

    'you know i'm getting married?'
    'yea you told me, when is it?'
    'may 16, i stop working tomorrow'
    'aw, but Rosie is taking over, ri--'
    'when are you leaving?'
    'end of may'
    'ah... you will come to my marriage.'
    'ooh ok'

    and off she goes with a big grin on her face.

    It wasn't even a question, she just ordered me.

    That could be an amazing experience.

    Though if an Indian wedding is anything like a Rwandan one, be prepared to not understand much. (my Mum and Dad have a couple of funny stories about Rwandan weddings they've been to where it was 4 hours of people speaking in Kinyarwanda and them trying to secretly read a book while some elabourate discussion about how many cows were to be exchanged was staged).

    The whole ordeal will be in Tamil, which is an insane language I only know 2 words in (nandri=thanks; Vanakkam=hello). I'm not clear if it's going to be a Hindu or Catholic marriage, I think Hindu.

    I'm very good at sitting in the back and enjoying myself with my camera.

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Alright, stock is almost done, gotta set it up to cool, then I'm off to bed.

    Be good to each other, [chat]. Have fun, Aldo. :)

    Passerbye on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    ...yeah, people are going to hate my wedding. We're having it at lunchtime to reduce the drunkenness opportunities.

    hah you will reduce nothing so long as there is an open bar

    dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    the only thing missing from the LHC stuff is a Prof. Brian Cox commentary.

    BobCesca on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Peace out, Passer.

    Silas Brown on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Indians are pretty coo', although a bit loud and prone to lying just to please you.

    The cleaning lady shaved her head bald at a temple to ask for good fortune for her family, by the way.

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    ...yeah, people are going to hate my wedding. We're having it at lunchtime to reduce the drunkenness opportunities.

    hah you will reduce nothing so long as there is an open bar

    nope. no open bar. I think people are going back to the in-laws' place after the meal, so that's when the amazingness of the Scots and their capacity for alcohol will reveal itself. Far, far away from my mother.

    BobCesca on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    ...yeah, people are going to hate my wedding. We're having it at lunchtime to reduce the drunkenness opportunities.

    hah you will reduce nothing so long as there is an open bar

    nope. no open bar. I think people are going back to the in-laws' place after the meal, so that's when the amazingness of the Scots and their capacity for alcohol will reveal itself. Far, far away from my mother.

    oh haha thats good, as long as people know the opportunity is coming they will hold off

    dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
This discussion has been closed.