As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SOLVED

Triple BTriple B Bastard of the NorthMARegistered User regular
edited November 2020 in Help / Advice Forum
n/a

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
Triple B on

• Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Change passwords on Paypal account, and every other thing that you use that password for. Call your local police department and ask who they'd recommend you talk to (use the non-emergency number.) DO NOT trust Paypal to report anything for you or advise you on the proper steps to get this dealt with. It is in their best interest to appear to be a safe method of transaction and wouldn't want the public to know that this kind of thing does happen, and therefore they will be inclined to get you to make as small a deal of this as possible.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Criminals are dumb, they probably entered their own information in it.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If the checking account was a bank account (not just PayPal's storage), you should tell the bank and get a new account. Banks are usually pretty good about prosecuting people.

I'd also ask PayPal for a police report #. If they can't give you one, then file a police report. You'll want to give it to your bank as part of the fraud process.

Personally, I had a PayPal account hacked and some ass in Grand Rapids, MI, charged some things through to AMEX. AMEX doesn't fuck around... cops were at that guy's house within a week.

GungHo on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    n/a

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    GrimmGrimm Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think the next question is "what could filling a police report hurt?" It can only help you at this point so why not do it?

Grimm on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Triple B wrote: »
    Next question: Will filing a police report do any good if the guy lives in Israel? D:

Honestly, contact your local FBI office. Your local police wont be able to do anything, but the FBI might.

Veevee on