As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The 5th Annual Cross-Country Supertrip! Shirts have arrived!

• ruforufo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    If w00dm4n who posted above you is willing to drive up to Rochester from Scranton to pick you up, you guys would only need one other person.

That'd work - w00dm4n and I are discussing via PM right now.

I'm checking around my group of friends to see if I can tempt anyone, a few nibbles but nothing definite yet. Keeping my fingers crossed...

rufo on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Moe, I filled out the t-shirt form, right? It looks familiar but I can't recall if I actually went through it.

Rius on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    Yeah dude, you filled it out first.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2010
    That's cause I'm committed! :oops:

Rius on
  • w00dm4nw00dm4n Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    rufo wrote: »
    If w00dm4n who posted above you is willing to drive up to Rochester from Scranton to pick you up, you guys would only need one other person.

That'd work - w00dm4n and I are discussing via PM right now.

I'm checking around my group of friends to see if I can tempt anyone, a few nibbles but nothing definite yet. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Yeah we might do a hotel share too.

w00dm4n on
  • KatherineKatherine Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    OR you could be on topic and discuss how epic this year's journey will be.

Next year I am totally working on a road trip! I had no idea that these forums were so wicked.

I am taking a plane and meeting up with friends; some local and others from out of town (including England)... the more I hang out on the forums the more excited I am to be meeting some of you soon.

Hooray for PAX! :D

Katherine on
    Max sig size: 500x80 px or 4 lines of text
    signature-1.png
    edited July 2010
    Katherine is that a Big Daddy Bomberman in your sig?

let me make this official...
    Group Name: not sure.. umm "E.Hondas"
    Group Leader(s): w00dm4n,rufo
    Vehicle:2009 honda civic hybrid,automatic,about 35 mpg,about 350 miles per tank
    Max. Desired People: 3 or 4
    Starting Location: Scranton Pa
    First Waypoint: Corfu, NY
    Riders List
    Name: w00dm4n
    driving:yes
    Name: Rofu
    First Waypoint: Rochester NY
    Driving?: Yes
    E-Mail: PM,wallywoodman@hotmail.com or waltermus@gmail.com

Unconfirmed Riders:0
    Space Available: 1 or 2

w00dm4n on
  • doskeidoskei Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Team Goliath has a seat available!

Our first CCST waypoint is Fargo, ND. However we can pick you up before that point if you're reasonably close to: Indianapolis, IN; Bloomington, IL; Madison, WI; or Minneapolis, MN. If you need a spot in the CCST and you live along our route, let us know.

We've got four participants so far. Our custom-fitted RV will very comfortably seat 5 (we had 6 for our trip to Boston). We have three drivers so far, so if you need a ride but can't or don't want to drive, that's OK (although we would probably give precedence to someone who could take shifts). The RV has beds, so even with a fifth rider, there's plenty of room to stretch out or sleep when not driving.

PM me if you're interested. I'll post back here again if and when we fill the seat. Until then I'll make it a point to check for messages at least a couple of times a day.

doskei on
  • ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    rufo, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but my old college roommate was sitting at 50/50 whether he was going until two days ago. So I filled my last spot (details incoming when I get home). HOWEVER, I have an empty seat before Chicago, so if that can help you and w00dm4n meet up any easier, you're welcome to it.

I fail at geography so what I just said may be complete nonsense.

ImthebOHGODBEES on
    Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • ruforufo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nah, that's cool. Right now I think we're just looking for one more from around the Rochester/PA-ish area. I have a couple of leads I'm trying to pin down, so hopefully we'll get that sorted shortly.

rufo on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Group Name: “Blueberry on Board”
    Group Leader: Broken Angel, Plusone
    Vehicle: Toyota Corolla, white
    Max Number of People: 4
    Available Seats: None
    Starting Location: Kennewick, WA
    First Waypoint: Ellensburg, WA
    Riders:
    plusone
    Broken Angel
    Deltethnia
    Onathrin
    A Voidwalker
    Email/phone: You have mine Moe <3

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • VeeSeeVeeSee Pirate Ninja Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Group Name: V
    Group Leader(s): VeeSee
    Vehicle: 2010 VW GTI, 24/32 MPG city/HW, 348/464 miles per tank (based on city/HW numbers), automatic, owned by me
    Max. Desired People: 3
    Starting Location: Worland, WY
    First Waypoint: Billings, MT
    Available Seats: 3
    E-Mail: PM'd

Special Note: Not confirmed yet, but will most likely not be making a return trip until the next weekend, Sept 12-13 (Will be catching the Seahawks/49ers game that weekend). In other words if you are driving with me it'll be most likely a one way trip.

VeeSee on
    edited July 2010
    Just did an update and a count. We've got 12 cars signed up now with about 30 people. Three more cars and we can break the vehicle record from 2008!

Also, if I don't have your e-mail address, you should PM it to me soon, I'm going to be sending out an info e-mail in the near future.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The CCST off the front page? Thats unpossible!

JonnyNero on
    edited July 2010
    The forums are busy. It's almost August.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2010
    Was it last year I said this was wrong, or earlier this year?

Leg 5 - De Forest, WI to Rogers, MN
    Departure Point: Travel Centers of America 5901 US Highway 51, De Forest, WI 53532
    Departure Time: Wednesday, August 31, 23:00 CDT
    Travel Distance/Time: 284 mi/5h00m (0:22 Buffer)
    Arrival Point: Travel Center of America 13400 Rogers Dr, Rogers, MN
    Arrival Time: Wednesday, September 1, 04:00 CDT
    Downtime: 1 hour

Should be Tuesday, August 31st.

Rius on
    edited July 2010
    Okay fixed. I'm pretty sure that was last year you mentioned it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2010
    I'm about to put the shirt order in very soon. Anybody who hasn't filled out the form should do so ASAP. There will be a few extras of various sizes, because I have to order sizes in multiples of three, but I can't guarantee anybody's size who doesn't fill out the form.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2010
    w00dm4n wrote: »
    Group Name:"E.Hondas"
    Group Leader(s): w00dm4n,rufo
    Vehicle:2009 honda civic hybrid,automatic,about 35 mpg,about 350 miles per tank,Ipod/phone USB port
    Max. Desired People: 3 or 4
    Starting Location: Scranton Pa
    First Waypoint: Corfu, NY

Riders List
    Name: w00dm4n
    driving:yes
    Name: Rofu
    First Waypoint: Rochester NY
    Driving?: Yes
    Name: Cody
    drving:yes
    First Waypoint: Elyria OH

E-Mail: PM,wallywoodman@hotmail.com or waltermus@gmail.com

Unconfirmed Riders:1 (Adam)
    Space Available:0

Ok,there's my updated roster.
    We got a full car :D

w00dm4n on
  • mahhkkmahhkk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So I'm definitely going to PAX. Woohoo! Now I just need to figure out how to get there. I really want to be a part of the CCST. Since I'm coming from Boston, I've PM'd/emailed ImthebOHGODBEES, so hopefully I'll be joining team CarGo.

If not... guess I'll have to make alternate plans

mahhkk on
    Mark Nolan
    Editor, GameKiq.com

XBLA: shattered aura
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry if I already asked you this and/or you already told me Moe, but will anybody be filming this as you guys are going along like last year?

Oh, and myself and a couple team members might be waiting at the convention center for you guys on Thursday for your arrival. Perhaps with a camera or two. Just saying. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited August 2010
    Yes we will be getting video again this year. I've got a new Flip Ultra HD just for that purpose. Getting the video off of DVC tapes has proved to be quite the hassle with the old camera (plus that one was on it's way out anyway).

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• mahhkkmahhkk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm still waiting to hear back from CarGo / ImtheOHGODBEES... If I don't hear back, is anyone driving through New Jersey/NYC that still has a spot? I'll be there a few days before so I could hopefully hop on there. Otherwise... I'd better book my flight!

mahhkk on
    Mark Nolan
    Editor, GameKiq.com

XBLA: shattered aura
  • Reddog DLReddog DL Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    Hey guys, just out of curiosity, do you go to Pax Prime because it's just that much better than Pax East, or do you go because you just can't get enough Pax?

Going to my first Pax in 2011 (East) with a group of friends.

Reddog DL on
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry to jump in on this thread but I need to contact the organiser for the CCST so that I can post a set of Forum badges to him/her for distribution to CCST participants. I've sent a PM to Moe Fwacky already but I haven't heard anything from him, so if anyone would care to volunteer please PM me. Sorry to push this but time is of the essence as I have to mail them from the UK to the US this weekend otherwise they won't reach the intended recipient in time before you set off on your epic journey.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

edited August 2010
    I'll PM him; I can distribute them again this year.

Rius on
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, sorry about that. I've been swamped finishing up this last semester ever.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Reddog DL wrote: »
    Hey guys, just out of curiosity, do you go to Pax Prime because it's just that much better than Pax East, or do you go because you just can't get enough Pax?

I'm actually closer to PAX Prime myself, but having been to East, I will say Prime is bigger & better.

However it was only East's first year, it may get better over time. But no matter where I lived, given the choices as I know them to be currently, I'd go to Prime over East no matter where it was.

There's also the community. Many of us are very active in the forums, IRC ect. and talk to each other daily. So we have real and awesome friendships with many of the people. PAX is one of the few times we get to see these people in person for most of us, and trust me, these guys are more than worth the trip <3

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited August 2010
    Reddog DL wrote: »

We've been doing this trip for years before PAX East existed. I continue to do it because it's freaking amazing. I still go to PAX East as well, but that's not going to stop me from CCSTing it up to Seattle.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2010
    Any idea how many PA Forumers there are on the CCST? Kropotkin is asking for a # of badges to send me.

Rius on
  • B for BusinessB for Business Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Rius wrote: »
    Any idea how many PA Forumers there are on the CCST? Kropotkin is asking for a # of badges to send me.

if someone wants to start keeping count, i'm in car goliath, and all 4 of us are forumers. i think the op has alot of them listed too.

by the op, i counted 26. i assume they are if they are using handles instead of their name. correct me if i'm wrong.

B for Business on
    Xbox Live - Jaxon121906 10k
    PSN - B_for_Business
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Got two in my car

JonnyNero on
  • 2VipeRS2VipeRS Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You knew it was coming...

Group Name: The 'G' Unit
    Group Leader(s): Garrett (I put the 'G' in the Unit ;))
    Vehicle: '99 Camaro / 32MPG Highway / ~500miles on a tank / Manual tranny (you wish I was one!)
    Max. Desired People: 2; neither one nor 3, but the number two.
    Starting Location: Bismarck, ND
    First Waypoint: Ellensburg, WA
    Riders Garrett. (see spoiler for additional perks if you would like to join!)
    NOTE: If someone is in need of a ride between Bismarck and Spokane, and wouldn't mind getting actual sleep - I will leave Bismarck around 5-6am and arrive in Spokane 9-10pm ish on the 1st. . I will be staying at the Spokane Courtyard and would be glad to accompany the individual at the hotel at no cost to them!

Leave me a PM if interested - will swap #'s
    Name: -
    First Waypoint: -
    Driving?: I would be fine with driving the whole way.
    E-Mail: My Email

2VipeRS on
    '08 & '09 CCST Survivor (just barely)
    edited August 2010
    Hey Garret, if you don't mind backtracking a bit, you could meet us in Post Falls, Idaho. It's about 2 miles from the Washington border. It's 25 miles or so from Spokane, but would be easier to meet up than trying to integrate on the road.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• 2VipeRS2VipeRS Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    But... I'd miss the free hot breakfast at my hotel!! Lets just plan to meet up at Ellensburg :)

2VipeRS on
    '08 & '09 CCST Survivor (just barely)
    edited August 2010
    I got a full car, i picked up Mahhkk a few days ago.
    i never got any replies back from my unconfirmed rider.
    so it's Me,Mahhkk(Northern NJ),Rofu (rochester), and Cody (elyria Oh)

and i got a database error posting lol
    yes!

w00dm4n on
    edited August 2010
    TWO MORE WEEKS PEOPLE!

On that note, I'm going to be consolidating the Contact List of cell numbers for the road. I have cell numbers for most people who've been on the trip before, but I do not have numbers for a good number of you. Once I figure out who I need numbers from, I'll be shooting out an email asking for them. If you know I don't have your number, feel free to just send me a PM or e-mail and I'll add it to the list.

I only actually need one number per car, but more can't hurt. Expect to hear from me soon.

Also, with Garrett up there, we've now hit 14 cars, which matches the record from 2008. Congrats people, I didn't know that we'd ever get that many vehicles again.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Moe,

I believe I PMd you my #. My car is full, we'll see you there! I'm super 'cited.

ImthebOHGODBEES on
    Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I got that, along with a few others in my PM box. Also just got a call that the CCST shirts are ready for pickup. I'll post pics when I get home from that.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2010
    Just sent out an important CCST e-mail rife with important information. Make sure to read it when you get it and if you didn't get it, let me know so I can send it off to you as well.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.