As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND: Old thread. Go to the new thread.

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    I hope it has the in-browser friends leaderboards

friends leaderboards are awesome

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    RB3 better have that feature from The Beatles that lets me view my bass scores independently

I can never tell if my high score on a song is from guitar or bass

Also it would be nice if when I achieve a new high score on a song, it tells me so

They better not mess up the star tracking again, or I will be very displeased.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Star tracking is fine now

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    got one person so far that recognized my new shirt in score duel

dealwithitshirt.jpg

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I want a full setlist at E3, HMX.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    mxmarks wrote: »

Didn't they do that last time?

glithert on
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    A full setlist would be kind of surprising. Song reveals are an easy way to keep the game in the press between now and its release.

JonBob on
    jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    glithert wrote: »
    mxmarks wrote: »

Didn't they do that last time?

They did that last time because the whole thing leaked out weeks before.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It's early in the morning and I have nothing to do, here's a super super long list.
    Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
    Beck - Minus
    Big Star - In The Street
    Bloc Party - Helicopter
    David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
    The Breeders - Cannonball
    Built to Spill - Carry the Zero
    The Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love
    Devo - Freedom of Choice
    Dinosaur Jr - Pieces
    Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone
    Eagles of Death Metal - Cherry Cola
    Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
    The Flaming Lips - She Don't Use Jelly
    Foo Fighters - Generator
    The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
    Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta
    Husker Du - I Apologize
    Incubus - Anna Molly
    Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
    The Killers - Somebody Told Me
    Kings of Leon - Use Somebody
    Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - Where Have All The Rude Boys Gone?
    Mastodon - Oblivion
    MGMT - Time to Pretend
    Mission of Burma - Academy Fight Song
    Modest Mouse - 3rd Planet
    Muse - Time Is Running Out
    Nirvana - Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle
    No Age - You're a Target
    Operation Ivy - Knowledge
    Pavement - Cut Your Hair
    Pearl Jam - Life Wasted
    Pixies - Gigantic
    The Police - It's Alright For You
    Iggy Pop - Lust for Life
    Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows
    Radiohead - No Surprises
    The Ramones - My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down (Bonzo Goes to Bitburg)
    Rancid - Journey to the End of the East Bay
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
    R.E.M. - Radio Free Europe
    The Replacements - Bastards of Young
    Rush - Subdivisions
    Sebadoh - Magnet's Coil
    Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight
    Sonic Youth - Hey Joni
    Soundgarden - The Day I Tried To Live
    Sufjan Stevens - Chicago
    The Stooges - Shake Appeal
    The Strokes - Last Nite
    Superdrag - Sucked Out
    Supergrass - I'd Like to Know
    System of a Down - Aerials
    Talking Heads - Burning Down the House
    U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name
    The Unicorns - I Was Born (A Unicorn)
    Weezer - Perfect Situation
    The Who - Love, Reign O'er Me
    Wilco - Heavy Metal Drummer
    Yo La Tengo - Sugarcube
    Frank Zappa - Peaches en Regalia

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I approve of this wish list.

I'd ask for Hard to Explain instead of Last Nite tho. And The Fly instead of Where The Streets Have No Name.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Isn't Tonight, Tonight in the RBN pipeline? Or was it another Smashing Pumpkins song?

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "Bullet with Butterfly Wings"

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    All I know is now that they have a keyboard, they better put some Billy Joel in the game. :x

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Damn it I just want some Led Zepplin. I don't care if we have to pay Zombie Jimmy Paige $texas.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So, uh, assuming this isn't a typo, Wired may just have accidentally revealed something else Harmonix is doing:
    We filed out not having any more knowledge of whether or not it will be fun to play with Kinect as we did when we walked in. Before we got on the shuttle buses back home, we ran into analyst Michael Pachter, who’d brought his whole family to the event. He said he’d gotten his hands on Harmonix’s dancing game, and he loved it — “It’ll teach geeky white guys to dance,” he gushed, throwing out his elbows rhythmically.

Read More http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/06/kinect-e3/2/#ixzz0qqFtMFG9

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So, uh, assuming this isn't a typo, Wired may just have accidentally revealed something else Harmonix is doing:
    We filed out not having any more knowledge of whether or not it will be fun to play with Kinect as we did when we walked in. Before we got on the shuttle buses back home, we ran into analyst Michael Pachter, who’d brought his whole family to the event. He said he’d gotten his hands on Harmonix’s dancing game, and he loved it — “It’ll teach geeky white guys to dance,” he gushed, throwing out his elbows rhythmically.

Read More http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/06/kinect-e3/2/#ixzz0qqFtMFG9

Well, its been rumored for a while they were working on a dance game for Kinect, and an MTV-games dance game was shown at the insanity last night. I don't think it was actually SAID it was Harmonix, but its not really a stretch.

JyrenB on
    osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    Wet BanditWet Bandit Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think it's known that Harmonix is making the Kinect dancing game. Giant Bomb was talking about it on their E3 live stream podcast thing.

Wet Bandit on
  • Options
    Joe DizzyJoe Dizzy taking the day offRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Please don't half-ass the Wii version.

Joe Dizzy on
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Joe Dizzy wrote: »

Man at this point I can hardly see them doing a good Wii version. I mean right from the get go you have the same limitations on DLC, patches, and the lack of ability to get the songs from RB 1,2, and Green Day.

Rock Band is the game that makes me love my 360.

Sir Platypus on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Damn it I just want some Led Zepplin. I don't care if we have to pay Zombie Jimmy Paige $texas.

He might be on board with this whole "teach nerds how to play real guitar" thing

Alternatively, we wait until both of those old fogeys die and their kids start licensing all their music for everything

glithert on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    glithert wrote: »

He might be on board with this whole "teach nerds how to play real guitar" thing

Alternatively, we wait until both of those old fogeys die and their kids start licensing all their music for everything

That's why I said Zombie Paige; I doubt he'll let it happen while he's alive. Dude loves his nickels and dimes.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    All I want to know is whether or not I will have to buy ANOTHER full set of instruments on release day, instead of just getting the game and the Keytar

Arch on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Isn't Tonight, Tonight in the RBN pipeline? Or was it another Smashing Pumpkins song?

As Arikado mentioned, it's "Bullets with Butterfly Wings", and I haven't seen a build in quite some time.

I suppose it could've been "promoted" to being a HMX release.

metaghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I mean right from the get go you have the same limitations on DLC, patches, and the lack of ability to get the songs from RB 1,2, and Green Day.

Not being able to carry over even a few select songs from RB1, RB2 or Lego RB is the thing that really hurts, when I look at RB3. That and one or two novelty RBN songs, that don't make their way over to Wii. But having to endure RB1's crude interface to play something like Gimme Shelter or Foreplay/Long Time just makes me sad. At the very least I expect to be able to use RB2 DLC with RB3, without having to pay for downloading them again.

Everything else - especially the Pro Modes for Guitar and Bass - I don't mind. As long as picking up cymbals for my Beatles drum set, and the keyboard allows me to play Pro Mode in RB3, I'll be happy.

Joe Dizzy on
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    All I want to know is whether or not I will have to buy ANOTHER full set of instruments on release day, instead of just getting the game and the Keytar
    What? No. Unless you're using some strange variant of the phrase "have to." All the existing Rock Band/Guitar Hero instruments will work with GH3. It's just the Pro options that require special stuff.

JonBob on
    jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010

They've said in basically every announcement, interview and release that to enjoy the game you don't have to buy anything new. You don't even have to buy the keys.

You could buy the cymbals / guitar for pro-mode, but to enjoy RB3 you don't have to.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

What more do you need to know? You'll need one of the two pro guitars if you want to play pro bass or guitar; you'll need the keytar or MIDI doohickey if you want to play pro keyboard; drums are drums and you can add cymbals if you want cymbals; you need more mics if you want to do harmonies.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think he means if they're going to release a Game And Keytar pack instead of only the game by itself and the game with an instrument megapack.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    jammu wrote: »
    *Snip*

For Dream Theater, while A Change of Seasons would be amazing to have, it's probably too long.
    Personally, I'm hoping for something like Take the Time.
    (Posted for others, I'm assuming you're familiar with it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSChdfAzbqg

Also, Petrucci's guitar from that video needs to be available in game.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Two hours till the MS Keynote. Questions will be answered!

I hope.

I just hope someone will play a full Pro Mode Guitar song.

EDIT: By the way guys, you going halftar or fulltar?

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Not being able to carry over even a few select songs from RB1, RB2 or Lego RB is the thing that really hurts, when I look at RB3. That and one or two novelty RBN songs, that don't make their way over to Wii. But having to endure RB1's crude interface to play something like Gimme Shelter or Foreplay/Long Time just makes me sad. At the very least I expect to be able to use RB2 DLC with RB3, without having to pay for downloading them again.
    Has that been confirmed? This is the first I've heard of it. This would pretty much keep me from buying RB3 for a while after release.

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    David_T wrote: »
    I think he means if they're going to release a Game And Keytar pack instead of only the game by itself and the game with an instrument megapack.

Which they said they were going to. $130

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thirith wrote: »
    Has that been confirmed? This is the first I've heard of it. This would pretty much keep me from buying RB3 for a while after release.

He has it backwards. Post-Rock Band 3 DLC will not work with any product that isn't Rock Band 3. Everything leading up to it will all go in it, excluding any songs that may not export.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Mr. G wrote: »

He has it backwards. Post-Rock Band 3 DLC will not work with any product that isn't Rock Band 3. Everything leading up to it will all go in it, excluding any songs that may not export.

Well, Joe Dizzy talking about the Wii version in general.

Also, there is a big rumour (I don't know where from, however) that RB2 does not fully export. Most people are thinking Metallica, again. We might get this information during E3.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Well, he's talking about the Wii version in general.

Also, there is a big rumour (I don't know where from, however) that RB2 does not fully export. Most people are thinking Metallica, again. We might get this information during E3.

I thought someone at Harmonix said "most" will transfer over, but I could be imagining that.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I just meant that nothing has been said about it one way or another, as far as Wii-users are concerned.

You couldn't import songs from RB1 to RB2. And DLC only became available with RB2. Whether Wii-RB3 will be able to access Wii-RB2 DLC stored on your machine or not hasn't been commented on. I think it's safe to assume that it will be.

But still... I'm just trying to assume the worst. It might help me appreciate whatever features the Wii does end up with in the end.

Joe Dizzy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I thought someone at Harmonix said "most" will transfer over, but I could be imagining that.

I'm shrugging. I probably heard it here, from you, so I don't know what that might mean. I suspect we'll find out this week. And if not, then soon.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I'm shrugging. I probably heard it here, from you, so I don't know what that might mean. I suspect we'll find out this week. And if not, then soon.

That's weird, I thought I heard it from you.

INTERNET RUMOR PARADOX

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

That's weird, I thought I heard it from you.

INTERNET RUMOR PARADOX

I make no claims on where I heard it or who from. Only that I did and that Metallica was a likely culprit.

Santa Claustrophobia on