As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steel Battalion - The Call

2»

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Im probably stating the *Very* obvious, but be ready for some rather realistic Mech Combat.

SB is more inline with MechWarrior or Front Mission than the rubber physics of Gundam or virtual on.
    I havent played Steel Batallion for years, but I'm definitly going to commit an hour or 2, even if I am just cannon fodder. :P

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Koryu_NinjaKoryu_Ninja Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    I am ALL over this. It's nothing less than a dream come true being able to play this game how it's supposed to be played! :D

I seriously can wait even less for PAX now. I didn't think that was possible. o_________o

Koryu_Ninja on
  • olanmillsolanmills Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wow, this is such a cool idea. Congrats on organizing this.

I tested Steel Battalion for a day before it came out. It was quite fun (and hard!) when we actually got to play it (Most of the time was spent testing network connections and game configurations).

olanmills on
    VmUq7mz.png
  • Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Last PAX I tried out steel battalion never having tried it before and I got addicted. I went from not knowing how to turn without falling over to crab-running around the map robo-shanking anyone who looked as clueless as I had been, this is the robot circle of life.

Also I watched an enforcer shut down his mech to become radar-invisible and lurk until somebody walked by, at which point he flipped the switches back to the on position and shot the guy in the back. This blew my goddamn mind.

And you can grab cows with your manipulator arm and take em for rides!

Love this game.

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
This discussion has been closed.