As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime '10 Costumes

• WindowsGamerWindowsGamer Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Here's mine! Any guesses...? :)
    Xw2C4.jpg

WindowsGamer on
    Walker A.
    PC Gaming Community Manager, Microsoft
    http://twitter.com/WindowsGamer
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Xw2C4.jpg

You sir......have just made me incredibly jealous. Let go get you a congratulatory golf club.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • theDireMuffintheDireMuffin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Xw2C4.jpg
    I wasn't planning on it, but perhaps that means I'll need to reuse my costume from last year. ;)
    splicers.jpg

theDireMuffin on
    Laziness Prevails!
    Also, I hug strangers.
    edited August 2010
    I wasn't planning on it, but perhaps that means I'll need to reuse my costume from last year. ;)
    splicers.jpg

Needs some fake blood, IMO, but otherwise looking pretty sweet.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited August 2010
    Matev wrote: »
    You sir......have just made me incredibly jealous. Let go get you a congratulatory golf club.
    A putter is the only thing I still need... my beard is ready to be trimmed into the iconic moustache >:{D
    splicers.jpg
    True role-playing wouldn't permit me to pose for photos w/ you (parasites!) but I think I can make an exception this time ;) I'll keep an eye out...

WindowsGamer on
    Walker A.
  • hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    splicers.jpg
    It would be awesome I got a photo with you last year. We will have three splicers (me included) Sunday, all ripped up and bloody. Hope to see you again.

hml151 on
    Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    A putter is the only thing I still need... my beard is ready to be trimmed into the iconic moustache >:{D
    splicers.jpg
    True role-playing wouldn't permit me to pose for photos w/ you (parasites!) but I think I can make an exception this time ;) I'll keep an eye out...

Hrm, hitting a thrift store for a putter shouldn't be hard. I'll definitely keep an eye out if you're having trouble.

[lore_geek]Technically, Splicers aren't parasites, unless they're working for Fontaine, or Lamb....>>;; [/lore_geek]

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited August 2010
    Hrm, hitting a thrift store for a putter shouldn't be hard. I'll definitely keep an eye out if you're having trouble.

[lore_geek]Technically, Splicers aren't parasites, unless they're working for Fontaine, or Lamb....>>;; [/lore_geek]

aw tanks :) should have time this week to find one. and yeah good call i suppose the rabbit masks would make them Cohen minions or something

WindowsGamer on
    Walker A.
  • Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh yeah baby! Got those shorts done finally and now I'm just fixing up minor things on my outfits, if they said WEAR YOUR COSTUMES NOW! I wouldn't feel like a missed anything. Only three more days to go :D

Curse-Ten on
  • AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Curse-Ten wrote: »
    Oh yeah baby! Got those shorts done finally and now I'm just fixing up minor things on my outfits, if they said WEAR YOUR COSTUMES NOW! I wouldn't feel like a missed anything. Only three more days to go :D

^_^

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • chrisstiechrisstie Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Haha not ready! I need a top still and the bottom is coming together alright. Holy cow I have a lot of work to do yet ahhhhhh but I'm so excited!

chrisstie on
  • RoadBlockRoadBlock Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So far, so good...
    SANY0009-1.jpg

RoadBlock on
    edited August 2010
    hml151 wrote: »
    splicers.jpg
    It would be awesome I got a photo with you last year. We will have three splicers (me included) Sunday, all ripped up and bloody. Hope to see you again.

If the TF2 thing gets boring, I'll definitely do splicers on Sunday. Either way, though, I'll seek you out for a photo! :D

And yeah, Splicers follow Ryan's orders, and as such aren't parasites. ;)

theDireMuffin on
    Laziness Prevails!
    Also, I hug strangers.
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Check it out, cosplaying on the Hill yesterday. And PAX gets a shout-out.
    http://capitolhillseattle.com/2010/08/29/gasukan-costume-role-play-in-cal-anderson

Enigmas on
    3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
    edited August 2010
    yea I guess the parasite thing refers more to surface dwellers and their reliance on charity & government handouts

TBH i'm on my first BS1 playthrough right now.. my impression was that Ryan saw the splicers as Fontaine's creation, corrupted by their addiction to ADAM and responsible for the city's downfall? (hope this isn't too off-topic)

WindowsGamer on
    Walker A.
    edited August 2010
    yea I guess the parasite thing refers more to surface dwellers and their reliance on charity & government handouts

TBH i'm on my first BS1 playthrough right now.. my impression was that Ryan saw the splicers as Fontaine's creation, corrupted by their addiction to ADAM and responsible for the city's downfall? (hope this isn't too off-topic)

Actually, Ryan took Fontaine's work and used it for his own ends, fully embracing splicing and ADAM and using it to turn his own profit.

On that note, if we wanna talk further about that, we should probably take it to another thread/PMs.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited August 2010

Actually, Ryan took Fontaine's work and used it for his own ends, fully embracing splicing and ADAM and using it to turn his own profit.

On that note, if we wanna talk further about that, we should probably take it to another thread/PMs.

Point is, awesome costume! Yay! :D
    And I think we all guessed it. ;)

theDireMuffin on
    Laziness Prevails!
    Also, I hug strangers.
    edited August 2010

I'm sooooo tempted to go read the BioShock Wiki... I srsly need to finish this game already. We can chat at PAX, I'll be at the Games for Windows booth off and on. What are you cosplaying? Your sig link is broken btw.

WindowsGamer on
    Walker A.
    edited August 2010
    I'm sooooo tempted to go read the BioShock Wiki... I srsly need to finish this game already. We can chat at PAX, I'll be at the Games for Windows booth off and on. What are you cosplaying? Your sig link is broken btw.

Yeh, finish the game, get your views, then go read.

The link is borked cause God hates me. I'm cosplaying as Giovanni from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen/HeartGold/SoulSilver. I was actually toying with the idea of doing Andrew Ryan myself for a day but I found I just didn't have enough time to put together another costume, I'm glad someone else did though. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Link fixed. Pic related: It's me and my grunts.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    OMG!!! I love this by the way!!! I might feel the need to run up to you and give you a hug at PAX!!! I will be dressed up as a little sister from bioshock, codex from the guild, and one silly one where I will have clothing marked out with bonuses (like +5 dexterity shirt of covering)

<3 I will be Tinkerballa on Saturday and Sunday!! I'll be at a booth all day though, so stop by the Tazti booth please! I'd love to snag a photo with Codex :)

Haha I will totall stop by for pics =)

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Enigmas wrote: »
    http://capitolhillseattle.com/2010/08/29/gasukan-costume-role-play-in-cal-anderson

I wish I knew about this beforehand, I could've made it out. You said it's monthly? :)

Heleor on
  • DustcatDustcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think we're ready for PAX.
    Elevator.jpg

Dustcat on
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Heleor wrote: »

I wish I knew about this beforehand, I could've made it out. You said it's monthly? :)

That's what the article says. It's probably a Meet-up Group, one I hadn't heard about until reading CHS this morning.

Enigmas on
    3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • liquidchaosliquidchaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    this post # is the 'neighbor of the beast'

liquidchaos on
  • liquidchaosliquidchaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm gonna be showing up in my Umbrella Corporate Security gear, as well as my apocalypse hunting attire. :)

I'm also bringing my Stargate Atlantis uniform.

It's too bad that I can't bring my P90 replica q_q.

oh mai, why 666? >_>

liquidchaos on
  • Saturn7VashSaturn7Vash Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hi all!

My boyfriend and I will be there as Mario and Peach for one day, and another day I will be Toad and my bf most likely Mario again.

Anyone know if there will be any photographers there looking to do photoshoots? I'd love to do a shoot! :)

Saturn7Vash on
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Omg it's getting down to the wire!
    Well I was hoping to take some pics yesterday but for now here's my as Medic last year...

DSC_0060.jpg

The medi-pack and the gun are completely redone... that's what I'm still working on ATM...
    The pack's more proportionate and the gun turned into a Kritzkreig! Plus I made one of the hats! Guess which one?

Eh Roadblock I'll have to come find you to do some healing!

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • RoadBlockRoadBlock Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Serenity wrote: »
    Omg it's getting down to the wire!
    Well I was hoping to take some pics yesterday but for now here's my as Medic last year...

DSC_0060.jpg

The medi-pack and the gun are completely redone... that's what I'm still working on ATM...
    The pack's more proportionate and the gun turned into a Kritzkreig! Plus I made one of the hats! Guess which one?

Eh Roadblock I'll have to come find you to do some healing!

CHEERS, MATE! We'll have our own medic, but the more the merrier! Also, our medic is a cutie pie. :D

RoadBlock on
    edited August 2010
    Started a little bit of packing today, just my Bidoof and Mr.Saturn along with a few pair of shoes. It's starting to feel so final now, I'm leaving early Thursday so that leaves on Tuesday and Wednesday to stress over everything!

Curse-Ten on
  • ElgaladwenElgaladwen Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

That's what the article says. It's probably a Meet-up Group, one I hadn't heard about until reading CHS this morning.

I've never gone, but I know people who go, so I sent out a Facebook message to see if they have a list up somewhere of times and places they meet. I'll get back to you on that. (Or maybe someone will beat me to it!)
    It's a group that meets once a month in different places in Seattle to cosplay/hang out. They used to (or maybe still do) meet in Gasworks Park a lot, which is where the name comes from, I do believe.

Elgaladwen on
    OddishSmallSprite.gif
    Be the very best. Like no one ever was. http://paxpokemonleague.net
  • SassafrasSassafras Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Lilith costume is complete. And the tattoos are a bitch. Also, the chest tattoos in this image are backwards. Wasn't paying attention during my test. That'll be fixed.
    2692364.jpg

I thought the make up would be more durable but it's not, really. PAX will be interesting, to say the least...

Sassafras on
    edited August 2010
    Whew. I think I am done with my Rose costume! Re-did the wig so that it's more practical, but I think it still gives the right idea.
    rose.jpg

I also pulled my Team Rocket Executive Ariana costume out and make sure it still looked alright. Watch out, PAX Pokemon league!

Elgaladwen on
    OddishSmallSprite.gif
  • ph47k47ph47k47 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll be dressing up on saturday as a jedi.

ph47k47 on
  • HeatherlingHeatherling Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Elgaladwen wrote: »

I've never gone, but I know people who go, so I sent out a Facebook message to see if they have a list up somewhere of times and places they meet. I'll get back to you on that. (Or maybe someone will beat me to it!)
    It's a group that meets once a month in different places in Seattle to cosplay/hang out. They used to (or maybe still do) meet in Gasworks Park a lot, which is where the name comes from, I do believe.

It's called Gasukan and they start planning on the Sakuracon forums on cosplay.com
    After they figure out where and when (location changes each month) on cosplay.com, people start sending out invites on other sites. :)

Heatherling on
    edited August 2010
    Oh yeah I went to one once back in October in my original Hinawa dress. I'm planning on attending maybe another one once I move up to UW next month with some friends. I'm only allowed to store one costume in the dorms though :o gotta budget my space. Now I gotta figure out which one to bring....Black or Tara....

Curse-Ten on
  • AmleyaAmleya Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

It's actually a cosplay and photographer gathering we call Gasukan. Every month, we have a theme (never really followed though) and we also go to different parks. The article shows our 30th Gasukan. ^_^ We usually vote on date and location so if we're mentioned in newspapers or whatever, remember that! It used to be pretty small but it's definitely growing.

Amleya on
    You can view my cosplays here! http://amleya.deviantart.com
  • DrakanwolfDrakanwolf Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Whew. I think I am done with my Rose costume! Re-did the wig so that it's more practical, but I think it still gives the right idea.
    rose.jpg

I also pulled my Team Rocket Executive Ariana costume out and make sure it still looked alright. Watch out, PAX Pokemon league!

I think the wig looks a little better (and definitely easier to wear) hanging down the way you have it. Besides...the costume is still instantly recognizable! Awesome job!

-DW

Drakanwolf on
    When there's trouble, you call DW!
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    rose.jpg

That wig is awesome. Is it as heavy as you were saying earlier or did you streamline it?

Heleor on
    edited August 2010
    Dustcat wrote: »
    I think we're ready for PAX.
    Elevator.jpg

Holycrapthat'samazing. O_O
    I look forward to taking a photo with you guys! :D

theDireMuffin on
    Laziness Prevails!
    Also, I hug strangers.
    edited August 2010
    Drakanwolf wrote: »

I think the wig looks a little better (and definitely easier to wear) hanging down the way you have it. Besides...the costume is still instantly recognizable! Awesome job!

-DW

Thank you! :)

That wig is awesome. Is it as heavy as you were saying earlier or did you streamline it?

Thanks! Thankfully it is not as heavy, but from the way the weight is distributed over my forehead and temples it still gave me a massive headache just from wearing it for an hour. I am hoping that was partially because it was the end of a long day and I was tired, but I guess I'd better bring lots of advil just to be safe!

Elgaladwen on
    OddishSmallSprite.gif
This discussion has been closed.