As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2nd Annual Post-PAX Party at The Taphouse! WE'RE SOLD OUT!

• TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Juc wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    Belgand wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    Peremptory request; that everyone not go apeshit over how delicious "Carribean Jerk Chicken Tenders" sound and instead remember/take it from me that they were more like "Boring Underflavored Chicken Tenders".

But seriously, if we end up with chicken tenders again I'm going to get Pookie and we're going to burn this motherfucker down.

How did we end up with chicken tenders again? Are people afraid of flavor? I had a hard time choosing from all the delicious options and, in the end, chicken tenders makes the cut?

But they're not Jerk Chicken Tenders, they're Tequila Chicken Tenders o_O

That is true, it was Jerk Chicken Tenders which were mentioned as taboo, not Tequila Chicken Tenders.

last year the jerk chicken was the only thing i really saw as worth eating.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • BelgandBelgand Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So has anything been worked out yet on how tickets are going to be handed out?

Belgand on
  • karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lulz, I wonder if this works anywhere other than the PAX badges thread. If I can get a couple of tickets, I might go with my bro.

NEED TICKET(S)

Daniel Sato
    Riverside
    Best Contact Method - PM
    How many tickets you need - 2
    How you are able to pay - Paypal

karmacappa on
    "In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey, I should post I sold my extra ticket, looking forward to seeing everyone there

deveric on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Belgand wrote: »
    So has anything been worked out yet on how tickets are going to be handed out?

I'm probably going to do the same thing I did last year and distribute them during the expo. I'm actually working in a stationary place this year, so it should be very easy for people to come grab their stuff from me. More details to follow.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • LumenadducereLumenadducere Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wait, tickets for the raffle or tickets for the event itself? I thought we just printed out the info in the e-mail for entry.

Lumenadducere on
    edited August 2010
    Last year I handed out little packets with people's names on them, with the raffle ticket, bracelet for admission, and a thank-you note. The thing is, there's no one at the door checking people in. We'd have to pay an extra $50 for that. I'd rather just give people their bracelets before hand, and that way, anyone without a bracelet the night of the event didn't pay.

The only reason you'd bring your printed confirmation was "just in case."

I plan on doing the same thing this year; so at some point during PAX, come see me at Pegasus theater and I'll give you your packet.

More concrete details will be posted in the next week or so.

Arco on
  • LumenadducereLumenadducere Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ah, okay - thanks for clearing that up!

And everyone - we only have another WEEK AND A HALF!

Lumenadducere on
    edited August 2010
    Update: I just spent $100 at ThinkGeek on raffle prizes, and walked away with 12 things give out to you fine folks at the party. Wooooooooot.

Arco on
  • langrilangri Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Prizes? I like prizes! :)

langri on
  • delwyndelwyn Melbourne, AURegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Arco wrote: »
    so at some point during PAX, come see me at Pegasus theater and I'll give you your packet.

Can you post a mug shot so those of us who haven't met you before know who to look for? ;-)

Del.

delwyn on
    find / -name base -user you -exec chown -R us {} \;
    vgjxaRK.png
    edited August 2010
    Sure. I'll be wearing a blue [ENFORCER] shirt, plus some goggles and a scarf. The theme for Pegasus Theater this year is FLIGHT!
    40783_419845515667_641250667_5335479_4049146_n.jpg

46645_429258668964_830778964_4886359_4743856_n.jpg

25879_750023405011_9006554_44037967_7572379_n.jpg (before shots)

25879_750023295231_9006554_44037949_6113472_n.jpg (after shots)

Arco on
    edited August 2010
    So, if details on how to get my packet could go up soon I'd really appreciate it. I need to get on the train on Wednesday evening and checking forums will be rather tough going after that.

Belgand on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The post right above yours not only tells you where you can [strike]stalk[/strike] find Arco but he even gave you pictures so you know you are [strike]stalking[/strike] found the right person.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2010
    So, yeah. OP will be updated either tonight or tomorrow with instructions on how to get the packets from me. I'll also be sending an e-mail to all attendees.

But the short of it, is going to be that you're going to come find me sometime during PAX, most likely at the Pegasus Theater in the Sheraton, and I'll give them to you.

Arco on
    edited August 2010
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    The post right above yours not only tells you where you can [strike]stalk[/strike] find Arco but he even gave you pictures so you know you are [strike]stalking[/strike] found the right person.

Well... he did say he'd be posting more concrete details than "meet me at the Pegasus" so I was assuming something like hours or more than "just meet up with me whenever". But, well, I guess that works for me. It cuts my OCD nature to the quick not to have it worked out the nanosecond and picometer, but I'll find a way to deal. The important thing is that I'm only a week away from lamenting that it'll be another year before the next PAX.

Belgand on
  • Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What's wrong with you man!! You're not supposed to be counting down to the end of PAX!

I mean, even though it means this really cool party that's just wrong. :P

Steel Fire on
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arco, can one person pick up all packets for that paid group?

And what do we do if we need to change a name?

chaosisorder on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Get a court order. You can either get a lawyer, or argue your case for the district attorney. In either case, your birth certificate will have an amendment to it with the change. Check on your state's laws because the requirements can vary.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    jonxp wrote: »

Get a court order. You can either get a lawyer, or argue your case for the district attorney. In either case, your birth certificate will have an amendment to it with the change. Check on your state's laws because the requirements can vary.

DNA samples may also be required.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Damn the both of you.

Damn you to SEATTLE TRAFFIC!

*ominous thundercrash*

chaosisorder on
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    *ominous psychoticbusdrivercrash*

Fixed that for you.

MelesMeles on
    edited September 2010
    Sorry I haven't updated this as frequently as I should have. Things have been nuts since I got into Seattle.

I'll be at Pegasus Theater most of the weekend, which is located on the second floor of the Sheraton Hotel. You can come by there and pick up stuff from me. All I'll need is the first and last name of the person who registered, and one person can pick up all the tickets for their group.

In addition, you can also text me at 775-342-3564. Please let me know who you are when you text. :D

Arco on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Second year in a row now I have gotten to play lead guitar for Still Alive in front of a hundred singing nerds and geeks. PAX10 is in the books and it was good.

Thanks be to Arco!

Rius on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Amazing party. Thank you for everything Arco, you know how to set up a shindig.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Awesome time at the Taphouse last night. Getting to play a little bass and sing some Pearl Jam, Boston, System of a Down, not to mention all the group singalongs...excellent time. Can't wait for next year. Thanks Arco!

basicallygeek on
  • VenerableMonsterVenerableMonster Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Definitely coming back to PAX next year, definitely doing this again next year. I, however, did make the mistake of getting people's real names at this thing, so I have no idea who people are on these forums. *facepalm*

VenerableMonster on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dammit, sounds like this was a good time. Had something before this that ended up taking til like 11 :oops: Well, maybe next time.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • TeletheusTeletheus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Definitely coming back to PAX next year, definitely doing this again next year. I, however, did make the mistake of getting people's real names at this thing, so I have no idea who people are on these forums. *facepalm*

I know what you mean. The people who played the instruments while I sang Take Me Out and Tribute were especially fun "bands;" I don't know who the heck y'all are on the forum, but you were all awesome. Same thing goes for the folks with whom I learned Zombie Dice. :)

I also want to echo everyone else's sentiment -- if PAX has to end, this is the perfect way to do it. Arco, thanks for putting this together. Seriously. It was fantastic.

Teletheus on
    PSN/XBL/Steam/Twitter: Teletheus
  • VenerableMonsterVenerableMonster Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Teletheus wrote: »

I know what you mean. The people who played the instruments while I sang Take Me Out and Tribute were especially fun "bands;" I don't know who the heck y'all are on the forum, but you were all awesome. Same thing goes for the folks with whom I learned Zombie Dice. :)

I also want to echo everyone else's sentiment -- if PAX has to end, this is the perfect way to do it. Arco, thanks for putting this together. Seriously. It was fantastic.

Quoted for truth. Also, I was the guy who sung Bon Jovi as well as sat around and discussed gaming as an expanding and understood medium in modern society for awhile. If I talked to you (looking at you, Ben and John of London and John of San Francisco, it is Ben of Orange County) message me.

VenerableMonster on
  • SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This was a total blast! I look forward to doing it again next year! Arco you are totally awesome for putting this together!

Sageheart on
    Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Who won the prize!??

I had to leave early to go to another party.

Wormdundee on
  • edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I didn't get to the party proper, because I was too busy getting drunk under the table by my step-dad.

After a sampler, 4 rounds of Brother Thelonious (and an additional two shots of Pendelton), I awoke at 4 AM to get on a flight... with an awful hangover. I called it "The Thelonious Funk".

It has persisted until today.

edgeofblade on
    6YJGH2V.png
  • afeil117afeil117 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So glad I decided to end my PAX this way. Really loved sitting around and talking with all the enforcers... Angel, your Calvin and Hobbs tattoo still makes me happy. Just need to remember next year that booze works twice as well after a full weekend at PAX. Got way to drunk and the flight home sucked balls yesterday. Spiff and I will be 100% into this next year as will, hopefully we can make even more good friends.

afeil117 on
    Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arco, be sure to give everyone's thanks to the Taphouse staff. I think they did a great job of keeping food available, drinks flowing, and keeping up with the empty plates and glasses.

Do we know how many attendees actually showed up? The two rooms were full, but not too crowded so I think however many people we really had there was the right number.

Steel Fire on
  • XaiaXXaiaX Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Rode Omeganaut coattails and smuggled in a PS3 to get my way in this year after being struck down by Nerd Flu last year. Definitely going to look for this party next PAX. I'll try not to fly out in the morning so I don't have to flee early then, like I did this time.

Great PAX everyone!

XaiaX on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Once again, awesome party Arco, much better than last year. With both rooms we had plenty space this year, and the Taphouse staff was on the ball all night, with both food and drinks.

All in all, an excellent way to start the painful transition from PAX to real life. I also learned something Sunday night and that is, I can't sing Eddie Vedder for shit.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • afeil117afeil117 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have to say, my absolute favorite memory of this night, was all the nerds in attendance singing Lady Gaga at the top of our lungs... so creepy and so awesome at the same time.

afeil117 on
    Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    afeil117 wrote: »
    I have to say, my absolute favorite memory of this night, was all the nerds in attendance singing Lady Gaga at the top of our lungs... so creepy and so awesome at the same time.

Meh meh meh meh!

basicallygeek on
  • KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    afeil117 wrote: »

i have a video of p-p-p-p-poker face, it's not great, but i'll have to upload it to youtube or something.

Kjeldor on
This discussion has been closed.