As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All-Star Bitching Thread: BT3

• FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    By doing a new series.

Furu on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I gotta bitch. Why doesn't Iron Fist have his own series any more? In fact, why don't luke Cage and Iron Fist have their own series any more?

Someone needs to get that shit done pronto.

Solar on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Because sales.

Furu on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, at least it's looking like he might be back in New Avengers.

Maybe.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Furu, I think you need to be promoted to Voice of Reason. Keep fighting the good fight, brother!

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    *sigh* So, apparently Hercules is returning. I'm going to bitch about this, because of the whole "death doesn't mean anything".

But...on the bright side...he's involved in a Pak event, "Chaos War". And he'll have his God Squad again. And it looks like we'll start getting some good Pak Hulk stories again, now that Loeb has spent his load on Rulk.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    *sigh* So, apparently Hercules is returning. I'm going to bitch about this, because of the whole "death doesn't mean anything".

But...on the bright side...he's involved in a Pak event, "Chaos War". And he'll have his God Squad again. And it looks like we'll start getting some good Pak Hulk stories again, now that Loeb has spent his load on Rulk.

Well he isn't really dead anyway.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    Because sales.

To hell with you and your rationality, Furu (if that is even your real name).

Solar on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Red Hulk is General Ross.

He is literally the thing he hates.

Furthermore, he, in a twisted way, has finally gotten what he always wanted: The Hulk as a military weapon.

So now what's he going to do?

He's already proven how dangerous he is by beating up damn near everyone.

He's finally defeated Banner Hulk.

Right now, he literally has endless possibilities.

The good thing about Loeb's run is that it can be completely ignored because nothing of note really happened. He hasn't really been characterized. We know that Red Hulk is a dick, and we know that he is General Ross.

Other writers, go hog wild.

Red Hulk literally has more potential than a lot of characters in the Marvel Universe.

A writer is going to salvage Red Hulk by depowering him and finally killing Ross. Rulk cannot exist in the main MU because hes a mary sue and a huge, huge dick.

DarkWarrior on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    BigDes wrote: »
    cshadow42 wrote: »

Well he isn't really dead anyway.

And they said he wasn't dead pretty much as soon as he was "dead." Like, right after his funeral Cho found out he wasn't in the afterlife.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2010
    He's an Olympian. Which means he can't actually permanently die. so, you know he was always going to come back. Still, I always found it wierd that Phoenix is one of the few characters who is still dead, bearing in mind she actually has ressurection powers. Ironeeee!

Solar on
    edited June 2010
    Phoenix has one story arc because shes ridiculously powerful. She either causes a tug of love between Scott and Frost or she tries to destroy [Insert important thing here] and has to fail.

DarkWarrior on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Red Hulk is General Ross.

He is literally the thing he hates.

Furthermore, he, in a twisted way, has finally gotten what he always wanted: The Hulk as a military weapon.

So now what's he going to do?

He's already proven how dangerous he is by beating up damn near everyone.

He's finally defeated Banner Hulk.

Right now, he literally has endless possibilities.

The good thing about Loeb's run is that it can be completely ignored because nothing of note really happened. He hasn't really been characterized. We know that Red Hulk is a dick, and we know that he is General Ross.

Other writers, go hog wild.

Red Hulk literally has more potential than a lot of characters in the Marvel Universe.

Nothing of note?

A shitload of heroes wound up getting gamma irradiated, clay quartermain bit it, Samson went insane, a helicarrier crashed in DC, several of the smartest people on the planet were kidnapped, banner got turned into a normal human (seriously, lamest deus ex power ever)...

the end to everything you said happened in Hulk can be suffixed with "and then they got better"

so yes, things happened, but they didn't really affect anything

A writer is going to salvage Red Hulk by depowering him and finally killing Ross. Rulk cannot exist in the main MU because hes a mary sue and a huge, huge dick.

nah doggie

you just ain't thinking outside the box

you are letting NERD RAGE cloud your mind.

Now it's time for Red Hulk to join the Secret Avengers

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Man the next issue of Hulk not written by Loeb is going to start with a small thought box that says simply this

"I, Bruce Banner, awoke from my cosmic satellite induced coma following my battle against Sentry*. The Rulk, as I thought, was just a bad dream conjured from my temporarily retarded mind. The world made sense again"

[*See World War Hulk #24 - ED]

DarkWarrior on
    edited June 2010
    Or I want a Red Hulk Paramiltary Jamboree

all taking over countries that aren't American enough

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited June 2010
    You are all that is wrong with the world TLB. All that is wrong.

DarkWarrior on
    edited June 2010
    Man the next issue of Hulk not written by Loeb is going to start with a small thought box that says simply this

"I, Bruce Banner, awoke from my cosmic satellite induced coma following my battle against Sentry*. The Rulk, as I thought, was just a bad dream conjured from my temporarily retarded mind. The world made sense again"

[*See World War Hulk #24 - ED]

Wait, Bruce Banner is Max Payne now?

Solar on
    edited June 2010
    I awoke in a daze, the memories of the Hulk's rage like the pitter patter of screaming babies in my mind. Their blood stains the stepping stones into my very soul. I looked out of the window, the snow falling like pale misery, concealing the evil that lay upon the streets below.

DarkWarrior on
    edited June 2010
    It was then that I remembered him, a crimson stain across the grey-white of the storm-wracked sky, filled with a rage and heat which matched my own. I shook my head, seeking to push away the last remnants of the nightmare, but the monster in my head followed me like a street bum begging for cash. The past is like garbage, you can try to throw it away but you'll only be awoken by the raccoons in the night, looking out the window and seeing your history strewn across the slick, rain-wet gutter.

Solar on
    edited June 2010
    Doggs there is no such thing as a bad character in the hands of a good writer.

Except Shriek.

and maybe Spider-Woman.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited June 2010
    I looked down, the glare of the shattered ice drawing me in like a blonde-hooker with a black eye. His reflection stared back at me, a nightmare unending, clawing at the back of my eyes, an itch unscratched. And I had to scratch.

DarkWarrior on
    edited June 2010

Except Shriek.

and maybe Spider-Woman.

Spider-Woman could be a cool character, she just doesn't work when written by Bendis. The trouble is nobody really gives a shit about her, but a writer could play on that. She's the Superhero that other Superheroes don't care about and don't trust, and she has to operate very much alone. You could make a Spider-Woman comic where she invovled ins espionage etc very tense and cool.

Solar on
    edited June 2010
    nah I think Spider-Woman is alright

I just wish someone somewhere would make it easier to care about her

Maybe a mini where she's always saving the day and no one notices because she's Spider-Woman and nobody cares about her

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited June 2010
    nah I think Spider-Woman is alright

I just wish someone somewhere would make it easier to care about her

Maybe a mini where she's always saving the day and no one notices because she's Spider-Woman and nobody cares about her

That would work. Nobody in the MU cares about her when she saves the day but we do. You feel a little sorry for her. She kicks ass but still gets a raw deal from all those other dick supers.

Solar on
    edited June 2010
    Shes got a crappy costume and shes under exposed (story wise), she needs a total overhaul to matter. Theres no reason why she should be a hero at the minute when shes much better at being a bad-ass spy.

DarkWarrior on
    edited June 2010
    There is no redeeming Shriek, though

I mean, even Carnage is a better character than Shriek

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited June 2010
    You shut your goddamn filthy mouth TLB, Carnage is awesome.

DarkWarrior on
    edited June 2010
    carnage's greatest hits:

1. Being defeated by a gun that shoots happiness
    2. Stealing the Silver Surfer's Surboard
    3. Being ripped in half

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    Amazing Spider-Man has been great, Tex. You have to realize the ASM thread is ike 90% DarkWarrior. Grim Hunt hasn't been anything groundbreaking but Shed is quite possibly the best Lizard story ever written.

I did preface my statement that ASM has gotten better right after the Electro Gauntlet story (which was stupid why does the Daily Bugle get a bailout yet no other newspaper). Before that you would get one good story out of 4 or 5 issues, but now it seems to be the reverse since Spring.

You could say April Showers brought Aunt May flowers

I ain't no hater just to hate, brahs and brassieres, I can accept when there's been something good.

TexiKen on
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

That's an interesting philosophy. Too bad loeb does not appear to be eager to abandon the big red retard.

Gaddez on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Solar wrote: »

Except Shriek.

and maybe Spider-Woman.

Spider-Woman could be a cool character, she just doesn't work when written by Bendis. The trouble is nobody really gives a shit about her, but a writer could play on that. She's the Superhero that other Superheroes don't care about and don't trust, and she has to operate very much alone. You could make a Spider-Woman comic where she invovled ins espionage etc very tense and cool.

This was basically what happened in the short lived ongoing written by Bendis

It was still boring as hell

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Yeah but it was written by Bendis. We know she's boring when written by him. Let somebody else do a mini or something, raise interest for a solo ongoing.

Hey so I'm really liking the Avengers main book right now, JrJr's art is great, the writing is pretty good and the characters I can get behind, though Tony is still a dick. The only real bitch I have is this, why are Hawkeye, Spider-Man, Wolverine and Spider-Woman on this team? There's some pretty high-level things going on and all of those characters are either in or could be easily put in the New Avengers book, which is much more of a street level team and their area. Whereas when it comes to time-streams and enemies like Kang etc If you can't hang with dudes like Iron Man, Thor, Protector etc then you seem a bit superfluous. I mean, Cap can work because his indestructable shield and tactical capabilities, and it would be even cooler if iron Man upgraded Bucky's arm to give him some serious power, but so many of these guys just seem to be hanging around. Hawkeye and Spider-Woman are just saying lines, not really doing anything, Wolverine just got bitch-slapped, I just don't see why they are in that team and the New Avengers too.

I mean, to join the premier Avengers you should meet one of two specs. Either you have high level power or you have some sort of genius intellect. The only one who can get away without either should be the team leader who needs to be a tactical expert and excellent motivator.

It's more of a niggling issue than anything but it is there whenever I read this otherwise fun comic.

Solar on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The only real bitch I have is this, why are Hawkeye, Spider-Man, Wolverine and Spider-Woman on this team?

Because he's a fucking Avenger, that's why. He beat up Iron Man with simple arrows even though Tony has really good armor.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Spider-Man can fit in among the core team if you play up his skills rather than relegating him to commentary. He actually helped Tony and Protector with the time machine, though he was probably just acting as an assistant.

But yeah, Wolverine feels superfluous, largely because he doesn't have good chemistry with anyone else on the team or history with any of the people they fight. He's just sort of there, being himself.

Also, it's kind of weird that they're using the Next Avengers for this story. Half of the kids are children of people who aren't even on the team.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited June 2010
    The only real bitch I have is this, why are Hawkeye, Spider-Man, Wolverine and Spider-Woman on this team?

Because he's a fucking Avenger, that's why. He beat up Iron Man with simple arrows even though Tony has really good armor.

That's true. He is badass, and don't get me wrong, I love Hawkeye. But why not the New Avengers, where he would fit in so much better? I'm not an old school Avengers fan, though I have read the series religously since the Bendis reboot with NA #1, and to me it just seems like there are better choices. Maybe this is sacrilege, but I liked the idea of NA being the street team and the premier Avengers being the proper big guns, and Hawkeye to me isn't really a big gun.

As Robos said Spider-Man can fit if they give him more science time, and of course he does have the advantage of his spidey-senses plus his very large realm of experience (if it's a bad guy, chances are Spidey knows who they are. If only he wasn't so clueless all the time...)

And for the record, Noh Var built that machine. Tony just made stupid comments and probably just broke his concentration with his silly "You will work for me now!"

Solar on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Spider-Man was in the background of that scene doing something on a computer, but maybe he was just searching OkCupid for redheads.

Robos A Go Go on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    While Bendis doesn't write Noh-Varr like Morrison wrote him, at least he's still written as an intelligent badass.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited June 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    While Bendis doesn't write Noh-Varr like Morrison wrote him, at least he's still written as an intelligent badass.

I really like Noh Var in this. Like you said he's an intelligent badass but he still has that touch of superiority. He knows his machine isn't broken, he knows that humans can't handle Kree technology yet. I like that aspect to him.

Solar on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Spider-Man was in the background of that scene doing something on a computer, but maybe he was just searching OkCupid for redheads.

I liked that he was at least doing something that LOOKED science-y.

PS Spider-Man is pretty powerful did you know he beat the whole X-Men team singlehanded?

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2010
    Htown wrote: »

I liked that he was at least doing something that LOOKED science-y.

PS Spider-Man is pretty powerful did you know he beat the whole X-Men team singlehanded?

He was, in the words of Nightcrawler, awesome (apparantly).

Solar on