As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[RADlands] Rad in the Morning (DE?AD's I Can Barely Sleep in this Thread Remix)

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    is squall still around

Raneados on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    because i noticed his cloud looked like a slanted heart and so

I did a thing
    aer3v5.gif

Raneados on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    oh my goodness

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i learned how to do transparencies

you're all fucked

Raneados on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    shit

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    addendum: it's made to look like a heart, since I shamelessly took it from the jolicloud logo (linux distro) and made it into a rain squall

jolicloud.jpeg

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    haha you little thief

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    hey I was in the closed beta and I still use jolicloud on my netbook so I call us even

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    whatever you say, THIEF

(<3)

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    linksawakening.jpg

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    heh

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    here I thought you were too young to get that

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    nope!

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    (i have never played a single link/zelda game, yes i am aware i suck)

Raneados on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You need to at least play Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and also Link to the Past if you like older games.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    oh god noooooo
    i didn't realize the super mutants would invade and kill everyone in Necropolis if I didn't destroy them before March 25. Whoooops.jpg

time to pluck the water chip from a ghoul's twice dead cold hands

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rane - can I still look at you?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Scarlet is the worst wasteland wanderer.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    sam may gaze

Raneados on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    oh, and in case any of you are wondering, Gloss threads don't count as megathreads

checked with Larlar earlier

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Phew.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    oh thank god

also, I might not be able to attend sam's thing now

fucking hate my shitty laptop

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    DE?AD has an update going

his main computer died, however, so he's using his old POS to carry this on

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited April 2010
    damn

that's some commitment

send <3s dead's way

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I can't think of any Mini-Crash suggestions now.

:(

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I can't think of any Mini-Crash suggestions now.

:(

47: Everybody falls asleep and has a wet dream. The same wet dream.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So it turns out my Eee is essentially dead - there's a break between the power jack and the power source, which means that it can't charge its battery, and the current charge has about 45 minutes left on it. So I'm stuck on my old laptop, which means that I'm typing up hour+ posts on a computer that can shut off, without warning, at any given point.

...and to find out that there was a break, I had to void the warranty. The fucking things not even a year old, and is now essentially useless, and I do not have the money to replace the thing.

So yeah.

Anyway, here's your update.

[Bro]COLOR="Lime"]6[/COLOR
    The woman looks at The Bro for a long moment, her expression entirely blank. "Leave," she says calmly, throwing a dismissive wave The Bro's way. She turns and heads back to the other mutant in the room. "Perhaps something more... weaponized. Barbs. Claws."

"Yes ma'am."

Outside, one of the mutants on the wall looks down at Henry, standing just a few feet below. "Yes," he shouts back, motioning theatrically at the hotel, "they did."

It is at this point that the Winnebago screeches to a halt beside the van, kicking up a massive cloud of dirt and tipping up onto two wheels. It hangs there for a moment before dropping back down onto all four. [CRABBY and Dusty gain 4 RAD]

[Dan]COLOR="Lime"]5[/COLOR
    Funny. You act as if you understand. Criticize. Condescend. The being snaps her fingers and begins to work on The Hanged Man's legs. Human condition? No. Specific. "Grade A asshole". Worthless. Giving worth. Fi-i-i-ixing.

Back outside, Sydney climbs up into the window of the cabin, finding it empty. Well, unoccupied, at least - it's actually quite entirely full. Packing crates, cardboard boxes, luggage, and all other sorts of personal effects fill the place, each labeled with a patient number and name. Unfortunately, it looks like the teleport shifted things about, and most of the junk has been tipped over in front of the door, blocking it off. It's a bit hard to see by the light of her fire, but Sydney can see something glinting on the far end of the room. Something smooth and metallic.

[Cecil]COLOR="Lime"]6[/COLOR
    The world goes dark. Not an ounce of light, not even a glimpse of illumination from the previous room. Darkness deeper, darker than any other. Jayce finds that even his electroreception does not work within the pitch, shut off just as totally as the others' vision.

Only your sense of touch remains with you - and it feeds you strange, unfamiliar sensations. Water, of course, and metal. Cold to the touch. A cramped corridor of some sort, complicated walls covered in strange protrusions and indentations.

[Deluge]COLOR="Lime"]5[/COLOR
    Makali is offered a share of the local food - apparently harvested from some of the pre-Crash towns further south. They've got quite a stockpile here, it would seem.

[The Gift Shop]
    Leo pulls a small steel box out from under the counter, and sets it next to the cash register. Whistling cheerfully, he pops off its latches and flips it open.

[New DLC Available]

[Hat Pack][A collection of stylish hats.][2000 RADLand Points]
    [Glossolalia Platinum Account][A platinum card with magnetized strip. It has a picture of a starship on it. Just knowing you own the card fills you with pride and a sense of accomplishment. You gain 1 Stat point.][89000000 RADLand Points]
    [Glossolalia Black Account][A heavy, black graphite card with a picture of a strange city engraved into it. Just knowing you own it makes you feel suave and important. Requires Platinum Account. Card stores up to five RAD that do not count against your RAD Cap. In addition, NPCs will react to you more favorably.][9800000000 RADLand Points]

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Damn that sucks DE?AD. You sure you voided the warranty?

Also I want the Black Account. :S

Makali is just passing time until it's time to party, so.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [?] Everyone within (RAD x 10) feet gains the Hot and Androgynous Ads for (RAD x 20) minutes. Tdis RADspolsion ignores any Ods a character may already have regarding appearance. Characters whom already have either Hot or Androgynous lose one or both Ads and gain the Hideuos Od for (RAD x 15) minutes

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    damn dead those sure are some DLC

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    also, Speed, can me and Wolf mentally/physically slap a bitch yet?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    also, Speed, can me and Wolf mentally/physically slap a bitch yet?

I'm starting a post right now so just sit tight for a sec.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [Deluge]
    Makali: Phys 1 \||||[] Soc 4[] Ment 4(Telekineticx2)[] RAD ||[/color[Replica Katana][W+2][+3: 5+,5+]

Makali graciously thanks those who offered him food and takes a generous serving, piling them onto a plate. He takes the food and floats off smoothly, landing lightly on a roof ledge. He sits there, munching absentmindedly and observing the town. Interesting place, no doubt. I wonder if Joseph found this town or if he made it. Whatever, I'm taking it from him. That's why my arm pointed me here, obviously.

The psycher's dark eyes fall onto his foreign appendage and they seem to study it seriously for the first time. He had this thing for a while now, and he'd never truly seen what it could do. Slowly Makali brings his black, carbosilicate fingers before his face and twists it this way and that.

Then he brings his fingertips lightly to the center of his forehead and with a burst of focus, sees if he can feel anything there, mentally. A connection, perhaps to the other Uriels and Chayots and Michaels out there.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    some DLC has been purchased

:)

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Bro
    2/5/2 Full Health 4/5 (1 perma)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jFbf3KPkp8

It might surprise ya t'hear, but The Bro weren't always such a lazy man. T'th'contrary. In 'is youth, Th'Bro spent allotta his time protestin' against th'war in Viet Nam. Considerin' that in 'is later years that rebellious streak a'his died down, y'might make th'case that 'e was jus' doin' what he could t'avoid gettin' hisself killed, but from what I knew a'the man, I don't think so. No, I think somewheres in that ol' noggin a'his was a legitimate desire for us fools t'wise up 'n learn t'find peace on this a'here world. An' I think it was that same spark a'somethin' deeper 'n rugs, deeper 'n anythin' y'might find out there in th'RADlands, that prompted his next action.

"No." If it'd been anyone but 'im, I would say they were crazier 'n Hell. An' maybe that was still th'case with The Bro. But t'see him recount this a'here story that I'm now passin' along t'you, t'see that calm, unphaseable demeanor a'his as he tol' me with a laugh all 'bout how he stood up t'that mutant bitch, well, y'just couldn't imagine The Bro ever havin' done it any differen'. With a steely resolve he didn't bother t'work up in hisself in a long time, The Bro wordlessly took a seat in th'corner, next t'th'elevator, hands restin' on 'is knees.

"The Bro doesn't want much, man. Sure as fuck don't want as much as you. I've had to put up with a lot of fuckin' bullshit in the past two weeks, and I'm not fuckin' leaving until I get what I want for a fuckin' change."

Guys, get up here, we are having us an old fashioned sit-in.

Maybe later we can upgrade it to a love-in. :winky:

This idea might have actually worked if I had more than 4 RAD to spend before they can start getting physical with me!

I have no idea how to spell Vietnam in such a way that you can tell it's supposed to rhyme with "lamb."

Kind of wish the idea of trading info on the Archangels for a rug hadn't come to me as an afterthought in my last post but oh well! She probably wouldn't have believed me anyway.

Also, I think I've just about used up my apostrophe per diem.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    damn

want dat black account

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hope you can scrounge up some money to fix your comp soon, de?ad

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    goddamn sexy DLC

!!!!

gonna make a post in a little, gonna have to get crazy

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm switching to cynosure after 2.0 launches so it's kind of irrelevant now, but for a little while I was considering tweaking things slightly, so that The Bro was a normal human and that Sam Elliot was the Freaker, and he was using his powers to alter what happened to make it a more compelling story.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i know almost nothing about 2.0

i want it to drop and to be completely overwhelmed and awed and explode from the new choices

Raneados on
This discussion has been closed.