As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: Explosions, Hyperbole, and Hyperbolic Explosions

• Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    Goomba wrote: »
    Well you can't blame me for your team getting shut down.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8223/choppercamp.png

So where were your snipers through this entire time

Because honestly as has been mentioned, you're making Goomba look pretty pro here. That's the worst trolling of all.

Robman on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Goddamn, I managed to bag 25.000 points in one round, which gave me two levels. I don't think I'll ever beat that.

Finally got all the assault upgrades, and went onto medic/engineer. Man, being a medic sucks ass when you don't have the defib.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    Some serious CGin and M60s on the server today. I now understand why people rail against them.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Robman wrote: »

Because honestly as has been mentioned, you're making Goomba look pretty pro here. That's the worst trolling of all.

Getting camped by the people on the hill.

Warcry on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nancy boy excuses don't win wars son, if nothing else is working hurl your brass balls at the enemy and clobber them to death with them.

Robman on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I snipe as defense on Isla Innocentes because it makes the attackers nerdrage so hard when I pop the chopper out of the sky or bring down mortars on the guy piloting the UAV. It's hilarious.

Or keep the chopper's grounded completely is also a fun pastime. "sorry this airspace is off-limits"

Senshi on
  • Options
    Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

The idea that you can't win the first set on Isla without a heli is just humorous. It's not even that far of a walk and you have fucking boats out the ass to make it even quicker. The heli is cool but it really makes little difference on that first set.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

The idea that you can't win the first set on Isla without a heli is just humorous. It's not even that far of a walk and you have fucking boats out the ass to make it even quicker. The heli is cool but it really makes little difference on that first set.
    K, so.

Attacking on Isla Innocentes. Both teams loaded with PA'ers.

Spawn, grab chopper, dump dudes on island. Awwwright. Die in chopper.
    Spawn back at base. No chopper, get on jetski. Get shot off it by three dudes camping on an island. Ok.
    Spawn back at base. Oh look, chopper is up, I'll just get in th- chopper disappears in hail of mortars.
    Spawn, run over hill toward island. Die. Oh look, six guys camping the bottom of our hill. Fuck that shit.
    Get in boat, get killed by Carl G as I enter it.
    Getting angreh.
    Get in fresh chopp-
    GoombyG - Mortar - [PA]>Warcry<
    Leave server.

Warcry on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

K, so.

Attacking on Isla Innocentes. Both teams loaded with PA'ers.

Spawn, grab chopper, dump dudes on island. Awwwright. Die in chopper.
    Spawn back at base. No chopper, get on jetski. Get shot off it by three dudes camping on an island. Ok.
    Spawn back at base. Oh look, chopper is up, I'll just get in th- chopper disappears in hail of mortars.
    Spawn, run over hill toward island. Die. Oh look, six guys camping the bottom of our hill. Fuck that shit.
    Get in boat, get killed by Carl G as I enter it.
    Getting angreh.
    Get in fresh chopp-
    GoombyG - Mortar - [PA]>Warcry<
    Leave server.

So you died a lot and that's proof that the other team were being assholes? Maybe you could just try dying less or maybe even getting better so we didn't have to hear your constant complaints? The ski do's respawn fast as hell, so don't try to tell me you never had another opportunity to get on one. People on the heli crash island are easy to clear with a single mortar, people camping your hill can be pushed around. I see absolutely no reason why your team couldn't have still won that game. Maybe you just need to come to terms with dying a lot.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nancy boy excuses don't win wars son, if nothing else is working hurl your brass balls at the enemy and clobber them to death with them.

So the brief version: guns are weak pieces of shit, low level players are just cannon fodder for higher level players to level up on, the aircraft handle like dogshit and there's no way to improve without massive trial and error (and good luck not getting banned from the server for fucking around on the precious helos) and the guns are weak pieces of shit.

Robman speaks from having brass balls be the only thing working for him, apparently.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't see what's so wrong with Warcry's post about his experience. I quit after a round allllll the time when I'm on team not-so-hot and everyone is apparently trying to plat star the GOL on my team while the enemy team is going for their second plat for the CG. I just don't post about it, is all. Much.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »
    I don't see what's so wrong with Warcry's post about his experience. I quit after a round allllll the time when I'm on team not-so-hot and everyone is apparently trying to plat star the GOL on my team while the enemy team is going for their second plat for the CG. I just don't post about it, is all. Much.

I'm just easily grated by his complaints I suppose, most likely because that's all I seem to hear from him. Ever. If he was raging about being CG'ed all day I would understand, but in his post he only says he died to a CG once and he was in a vehicle. That's hardly the same as being CG sniped. The rest of his deaths were part of standard play. He ran into groups of the enemy and died. He was unlucky enough to do that several times it sounds like, but nothing in his post makes me think the other team were relying on the weapons considered to be OP. The fact that he claims those deaths meant his team was doomed to failure is just exaggeration.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010

It's that he's done this numerous times. Countless, even.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's not much fun being on the losing team in BC2. Actually, any Battlefield game. Make that any team based game. It's really not. It's not worth bitching about it though, everyone cops it eventually. You could be the best player in the world, and if your team are acting like spastic monkeys you'll end up getting fucked over by the better team. Just deal with it, and if necessary, find a better server.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I'm just easily grated by his complaints I suppose, most likely because that's all I seem to hear from him. Ever. If he was raging about being CG'ed all day I would understand, but in his post he only says he died to a CG once and he was in a vehicle. That's hardly the same as being CG sniped. The rest of his deaths were part of standard play. He ran into groups of the enemy and died. He was unlucky enough to do that several times it sounds like, but nothing in his post makes me think the other team were relying on the weapons considered to be OP. The fact that he claims those deaths meant his team was doomed to failure is just exaggeration.

I never said my team was doomed to failure. We were being spawn camped from every possible angle. We had no way to actually go over the campers, due to our choppers being continuously bombed as they spawned. I quit.

Warcry on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I never said my team was doomed to failure. We were being spawn camped from every possible angle. We had no way to actually go over the campers, due to our choppers being continuously bombed as they spawned. I quit.

Quitting is fine, I have no problem with that. You then came to these forums and proceeded to bitch about it like you'd been wronged somehow. That I dislike and it's something you do often. You've earned that reputation.

And you did, more or less, say your team would fail when you posted the "spawn camp" image in response to Goomba:

Goomba wrote:
    You wrote:

edit: I'll say again that the "spawn camping" could have been overcome and that you don't need the helicopter to take the first set of MCOMs. Isla isn't a map that can really be spawn camped unless people keep dancing into the out of bounds zone on the hill above spawn and rain down CG's, and even then it would take several guys, including an assault, to do it with any degree of effectiveness.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The point being that Goomba is an admin in that server and he was being an outright bastard.

Warcry on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The point being that Goomba is an admin in that server and he was being an outright bastard.

Because he mortared a vehicle in your spawn area? Just take the damn points without a helicopter. It is not that essential.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Because he mortared a vehicle in your spawn area? Just take the damn points without a helicopter. It is not that essential.

BUT SNIPERS ON THE HILL

THE HILL

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I can't tell whether or not it's intentional, but you guys are doing a helluva job of making the PA servers sound like the worst thing ever.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Cherrn wrote: »
    I can't tell whether or not it's intentional, but you guys are doing a helluva job of making the PA servers sound like the worst thing ever.

This is a big part of why I hate the constant complaints. The game is good. The Angry Dome is a good server. This stupid forum drama could still scare people off, though.

edit: You can complain to an admin if you're honestly the victim of greifing or weapon exploitation, and they're always quick to look into it. They usually give a warning/ask people to stop, and if they don't they'll kick them. It's a good system and I've had a shitload of great, friendly games on the server. You would never be able to guess that from reading this thread though. It's turned into a fucking shithole of people making the game or server sound horrible but then hoping on for hours at a time still rather than finding a server they prefer or some other reasonable action if they're honestly that pissed off.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I got my mortar bronze or silver star by mortaring the spawn at the start of a round on the new rush map

I have no regrets

L|ama on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Naw, it's probably okay so long as you don't play while Warcry and Goomba are on.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Naw, it's probably okay so long as you don't play while Warcry and Goomba are on.

Just when both are on at once really. Goomba is usually just a good player who tries to keep things fun. Warcry, despite my annoyance at his complaints, is often a good teammate who also avoids exploits, he just needs to tone down his forum hyperbole.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    ins0mniacins0mniac Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    We need to get people on the 360! Tired of pubs!

ins0mniac on
    X-Box Live Gamertag: Merciless319
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

Just when both are on at once really. Goomba is usually just a good player who tries to keep things fun. Warcry, despite my annoyance at his complaints, is often a good teammate who also avoids exploits, he just needs to tone down his forum hyperbole.
    Even if we're both on. I don't target people and I rarely kick anyone, and when I do I go through Sladvan or tyrannus. I didn't even kick That_Guy when he was spamming CG, Sladvan did.

People on the forums are acting like if you so much as grab a pub's M60 you'll be banned for the day. Mostly stupid 360 people, too, which makes it even more retarded and annoying. Hell, a lot of the time people will be running around with stupid bullshit loadouts (Seriously what the fuck kind of person goes CG with high explosives and just spams it then wants teams balanced in some sort of balance-shuffle) and I don't say anything until other people do. But it's cool most people will ignore this post and keep thinking I'm a tyrant which is pretty cool by me I like that reputation.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Reasonable HoboReasonable Hobo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Could someone add me to the PA list for PS3 users? I'd like to play a bit more organized, especially since it seems my friends list is dwindling in the number of people that play.

PSN: Arolisci

I use a mic most of the time, except when I come home from work and just too tired to mess with it.

Reasonable Hobo on
  • Options
    Winnie The PoohWinnie The Pooh Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, the Dome is good times. Sometimes you get on a losing team, but the new autobalancer really has helped. The only real whining present in the game itself is when duders are using particular setups that spawn most of this vitriol, but the majority of kicks on the Dome are just spots for PA people. Even those among us who whore CGs with both explosive perks get to stick around more often than not.

Well, unless Goomba is there, and then he pretty much kicks everyone that kills him. Sometimes he'll use the CG and whoever he hits with it gets banned, the rest of the time he'll throw down a tent and fire on the furthest hill from the action and spam chat about how overpowered things are. That parts true.

The rest of the time, though, just fantastic.

Winnie The Pooh on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Even if we're both on. I don't target people and I rarely kick anyone, and when I do I go through Sladvan or tyrannus. I didn't even kick That_Guy when he was spamming CG, Sladvan did.

People on the forums are acting like if you so much as grab a pub's M60 you'll be banned for the day. Mostly stupid 360 people, too, which makes it even more retarded and annoying. Hell, a lot of the time people will be running around with stupid bullshit loadouts (Seriously what the fuck kind of person goes CG with high explosives and just spams it then wants teams balanced in some sort of balance-shuffle) and I don't say anything until other people do. But it's cool most people will ignore this post and keep thinking I'm a tyrant which is pretty cool by me I like that reputation.

Would have been better to just let speculation run rampant. You'd be like Speirs in Band of Brothers!

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Winnie The PoohWinnie The Pooh Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »

Would have been better to just let speculation run rampant. You'd be like Speirs in Band of Brothers!

Speirs was actually good though 8-)

Winnie The Pooh on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    He banned a dozen german players in cold blood back in Bocage.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hey, I don't complain that much. But when I do, you can be damn sure it's gonna be intense.
    To clear up any confusion, I wasn't on vent at the time. It was like 4am and people were sleeping. Communicating with teammates was extemely difficult due to the rather annoying thing of 'you can't chat while you're dead'. Any attempt made to type after spawning was negated by the spawn campers.
    It was a vicious cycle. And I brought it up on the forums because I know I hold myself to certain standards, so does Carbonfire and so does Sladvan. If you're an admin, you should try to set some sort of example, in my opinion. And Goomba sitting on the edge of the island, wearing the tag [An Admin] and spamming mortars on us and our transportation isn't very sporting.

Warcry on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    He banned a dozen german players in cold blood back in Bocage.

I heard it was more like 30.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

This thread is like, hatetopia. It's a literal Angry Dome instead of the ironically named Angry Dome where we actually play. Every time I hop on vent it's 80% people laughing and having a great time and 20% people asking an admin to kick a non-PA guy. I have no complaints aside from Mr. Gustav and his friend, the M60, but those don't make the game annoying to play or anything and yelling "GUSTAAAAAAV" is sort of fun.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hey, I don't complain that much. But when I do, you can be damn sure it's gonna be intense.
    To clear up any confusion, I wasn't on vent at the time. It was like 4am and people were sleeping. Communicating with teammates was extemely difficult due to the rather annoying thing of 'you can't chat while you're dead'. Any attempt made to type after spawning was negated by the spawn campers.
    It was a vicious cycle. And I brought it up on the forums because I know I hold myself to certain standards, so does Carbonfire and so does Sladvan. If you're an admin, you should try to set some sort of example, in my opinion. And Goomba sitting on the edge of the island, wearing the tag [An Admin] and spamming mortars on us and our transportation isn't very sporting.

sounds to me like he trolled you and you ate it right the fuck up

I put a mortar down on a chopper today, got a triplekill. managed to snipe the guy at the UAV controls blind through the debris, too. shit was so cash.

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

This thread is like, hatetopia. It's a literal Angry Dome instead of the ironically named Angry Dome where we actually play. Every time I hop on vent it's 80% people laughing and having a great time and 20% people asking an admin to kick a non-PA guy. I have no complaints aside from Mr. Gustav and his friend, the M60, but those don't make the game annoying to play or anything and yelling "GUSTAAAAAAV" is sort of fun.

Man I need to hop in vent with you guys when I play. I miss that sort of shit.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was getting so sad on the dome tonight. Having 3 people on your team break 1000 points and 7-10 (3 of which broke 3000) on the other team for 7 rounds in a row kind of got to me.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pancakes chopper story is the best thing I ever read. I think I would do the same if I could actually hear my own teammates.

and yes, rage does add to the fun.

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

So the brief version: guns are weak pieces of shit, low level players are just cannon fodder for higher level players to level up on, the aircraft handle like dogshit and there's no way to improve without massive trial and error (and good luck not getting banned from the server for fucking around on the precious helos) and the guns are weak pieces of shit.

Robman speaks from having brass balls be the only thing working for him, apparently.

Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I know your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?

Robman on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I actually did kick Sladvan and tyrannus, though.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]