As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia Pre-order

Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
Did anyone pre-order this? I was wondering because in the EBGames.com (American) website, since no canadian version exists, it says that you get an art book.

Now I was wondering, since I pre-ordered it, would I get it? Is there someway to confirm this or do I have to call them up?

Katchem_ash on

• Options
    TingleTingle __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    This is a Nippon Ichi game, right?

Tingle on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Tingle wrote:

Do you mean the creator? Cause the publisher is Atlus. I will assume you mean the creator then, but I wouldn't know much details.

Anyway, I think I will just call them up and see since there is nothing to indicate the art book.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    Eggplant WizardEggplant Wizard Little Rock, ARRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Tingle wrote:

Do you mean the creator? Cause the publisher is Atlus. I will assume you mean the creator then, but I wouldn't know much details.

Anyway, I think I will just call them up and see since there is nothing to indicate the art book.

From what I've seen, it's developed by Gust and published by NIS, like Atelier Iris. But I've always wondered why Atlus lists a bunch of games on their website that actually appear to have been published by NIS, so maybe Atlus is involved somehow.

Edit: I'm not sure about the answer to your original question, but I'm under the impression that you do get the art book if you preorder from EBStop. If you preordered directly from NIS, you get the art book and soundtrack.

Eggplant Wizard on
    Hello
  • Options
    skaceskace Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Wow I'm such a swagwhore that even if I don't want the game the hardcover art book tempts me.

skace on
    http://picasaweb.google.com/skacer | Shiren:5413-0147-4655
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    So I called EB and they said if its listed on the site, I should get it. Now I just have to cross my fingers and pray that Canada gets it.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    looks odd

SkyGheNe on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I saw a preview of this game in some magazine, and they said the word "moe" a lot, which apparently is pronounced "moh-ee" and I'm not sure what to think about that.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I saw a preview of this game in some magazine, and they said the word "moe" a lot, which apparently is pronounced "moh-ee" and I'm not sure what to think about that.

"Moe" means the main girl character ala, the next door neighbour or even the heroine of the tale. Its very desirable for games/manga/anime to have a moe in addition to the main character. They aren't nessessarily good natured, innocent type, but most of them are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_%28slang%29 for your referance.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    skyfireskyfire Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I pre-ordered this game last week so I will be getting all the cool stuff. If I recall this ships last week/first week of feb.

With this and Rogue Galaxy it's going to be a fun spring :).

skyfire on
  • Options
    BacklashBacklash Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I've been waiting for reviews on this to pop up, but I really liked Atelier Iris. Kinda nice to go through a light-hearted RPG every once in a while.

Backlash on
    Absoludacrous.jpg
    SSBB: 2921-8745-1438
    Diamond: 2320-2615-4086
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

"Moe" means the main girl character ala, the next door neighbour or even the heroine of the tale. Its very desirable for games/manga/anime to have a moe in addition to the main character. They aren't nessessarily good natured, innocent type, but most of them are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_%28slang%29 for your referance.
    Moe isn't the main character, it's just something cute or attractive. Something like that. It's a pretty broad thing, though.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    Eggplant WizardEggplant Wizard Little Rock, ARRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    skyfire wrote:
    I pre-ordered this game last week so I will be getting all the cool stuff. If I recall this ships last week/first week of feb.

With this and Rogue Galaxy it's going to be a fun spring :).

Did you preorder from NIS, or somewhere else?

I preordered from NIS (onfulfillment.com), got the confirmation email, credit card was authorized, etc. But, now the order tracking on their site has no record of my purchase. I'm wondering if this is to be expected.

Eggplant Wizard on
    Hello
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Tingle wrote:

From what I've seen, it's developed by Gust and published by NIS, like Atelier Iris. But I've always wondered why Atlus lists a bunch of games on their website that actually appear to have been published by NIS, so maybe Atlus is involved somehow.

Atlus help publish a lot of NIS games. The two companies work closely together... no surprise, really, since Atlus basically gave NIS their start in the US market.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MalickMalick Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I just checked out the NIS website and it looks like you had to pre-order a pre-order code? Wow, that has to be the lamest way to take pre-orders ever.

Malick on
    Welkin7.jpg
    PSN = malickai XBL = gdragonstar Pokemon SS = 3095 7347 2659 Pokemon White = 5028 4446 2386
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Malick wrote:
    I just checked out the NIS website and it looks like you had to pre-order a pre-order code? Wow, that has to be the lamest way to take pre-orders ever.
    It's a similar system used during the Amazon vote rush.

People can get their pre-order code early, then they can reserve at any time after the pre-order system goes live. This prevents a massive rush that kills servers.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat