As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Logout Timers

BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
Did the auto logout timer shorten at some point in the last month? It's been feeling like one barely has time to even make a post before they are logged out.

I'm asking because I post alot from work. It's really annoying having to log back in every time I want to make a post. While in general I copy whatever I'm in the middle of posting to the clipboard, there have been some disasters where I've gone to post something and been logged out losing everything. :x

Is there any way to make the auto logout timer abit longer?

Bamelin on

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bamelin wrote:
    Did the auto logout timer shorten at some point in the last month? It's been feeling like one barely has time to even make a post before they are logged out.

I'm asking because I post alot from work. It's really annoying having to log back in every time I want to make a post. While in general I copy whatever I'm in the middle of posting to the clipboard, there have been some disasters where I've gone to post something and been logged out losing everything. :x

Is there any way to make the auto logout timer abit longer?

I post from work and I've never been logged out, even on my longest day of 12 hours and continuous smokebreaks. I'm thinking it might be the way your preferences are set up. I think if you click your TOOLS setting on your browser and mouse down to INTERNET OPTIONS, then you might be able to address the issue. But then, I am routinely known for giving bad advice.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I'll fiddle around with my settings and see if that helps.

I do know though that I've noticed I'm being auto logged out alot faster than I used to be even a month ago ... and this is on both my computer at work and my computer at home.

I haven't changed any settings on either computer.

Bamelin on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The only times I've ever been logged out are when I (a) clear my cookies, or (b) get tempbanned.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Bamelin wrote:
    I'll fiddle around with my settings and see if that helps.

I do know though that I've noticed I'm being auto logged out alot faster than I used to be even a month ago ... and this is on both my computer at work and my computer at home.

I haven't changed any settings on either computer.

That's probably your best bet; good luck.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Are you guys sure we aren't logged out if idle for too long?

Bamelin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Bamelin wrote:

Every once in a while, I'll get the "confirmation hash is invalid" message, but I just click on the Forum Index and I go right back in. Is that what you're talking about?

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2007
    Bamelin wrote:

Your session gets killed after something like seven minutes.

Tube on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bamelin wrote:

Your session gets killed after something like seven minutes.

It does? I haven't had to log in for several months, even after going home over winter break and back. Maybe my browser's doing something funny.

Smasher on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2007
    If you're set to sign in automatically, it'll sign you right back in. You'll notice that it's reset what topics are marked as read.

Tube on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ah, that'd do it. I rarely post from public computers, so it's easiest to just leave that on, though not everyone has that luxury.

Smasher on
  • Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Sometimes I'll get logged out while I'm making a large or well thought out post, which is sad. This isn't my computer, so I'm not set to auto-login.

It's sort of a pain in the ass (especially when I am multi-tasking and have to come back to a post later on), but I have noticed it's gotten more frequent lately as well. It seems like it's shorter than seven minutes to me, but I'll take your word for it.

It wouldn't bother me at all if I was on my own machine, so I can't really complain.

Einhander on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Einhander wrote:
    Sometimes I'll get logged out while I'm making a large or well thought out post, which is sad. This isn't my computer, so I'm not set to auto-login.

It's sort of a pain in the ass (especially when I am multi-tasking and have to come back to a post later on), but I have noticed it's gotten more frequent lately as well. It seems like it's shorter than seven minutes to me, but I'll take your word for it.

It wouldn't bother me at all if I was on my own machine, so I can't really complain.

I'm positive the timer is shorter than before. I always have PA open at work and in the past month I'm constantly having to relog back in because I've been idle over the 7 minute mark. This was never a problem before, but lately it's basically anytime I go back to check PA I'm having to log back in.

Bamelin on