As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Week o Games, 4/11: Splinter Cell Con.(360), Final Fight Double Impact

slash000slash000 Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Games and Technology

Another week, another 7 days of new game releases!

Welcome to the 109 edition of G&T's newly traditional "Weekly Games Release Thread!" - Week 4/11/10 - 4/17/10 !

Where we discuss what we're looking forward to, what we're going to buy, and what we're just now realizing is being released this week that we had forgotten about!

NDS
7 Card Games
AlphaBounce
Easy Piano

PC

DarkVoidZero1.jpg

Dark Void Zero

Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony

Sam_and_Max_Logo_by_NeitherSparky.png

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Episode 1: The Penal Zone

Rig'n'Roll

PS3

Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned

Final-Fight-Double-Impact-logo.jpg

Final Fight: Double Impact

Sam_and_Max_Logo_by_NeitherSparky.png

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Episode 1: The Penal Zone

PSP

190039b.jpg

Blood Bowl

Wii

917751b1.jpg

Arcade Shooter: Ilvelo

military-madness-nectaris-logo.jpg

Military Madness: Nectaris

Xbox360

200333b.jpg

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Final-Fight-Double-Impact-logo.jpg

Final Fight: Double Impact

Final Saga (not 100% on this one)

This week picks up some where last week was AWOL.

The 360 gets Splinter Cell Conviction this week. It's been a long time coming, that game. Hope it turns out good. The PC version comes out later in the month.

The Wii is getting Arcade Shooter: Ilvelo. I'm not 100% sure what it is, but it seems to be a very crazy unique and whacky shmup and it looks pretty cool. So I'm on board.

The PSP gets Blood Bowl this week. Better late than never?

In digital distro, the PC gets the "Nes-like" game Dark Void Zero, released on DSiWare quite some time ago. It's a lot of fun but it's tough in that NES sort of way. Next, I believe PC and PS3 get those GTA expansions finally since they had been delayed. Next up, PC and PS3 are getting some Sam & Max episodic content, so that's nice. Next on the list, Wii is getting an update of an old but good TG16 game, as Military Madness Nectaris comes out for it. Last but not least, Final Fight: Double Impact comes out for PSN and XBLA, which is an arcade port of Final Fight and also included is Magic Sword, for 800 ms pts.

I'm showing Final Saga..? For 360? But I don't think it's actually coming out this week as there is no info on it.

slash000 on

• Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm picking up Episodes from Liberty City and Final Fight Double Impact this week. Double Impact has remixed music from the old Grin music team, which is awesome. You can download it for free at www.finalfightgame.com/remix

I'm surprised that Blood Bowl is coming to PSP.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hopefully the episodes show up on Steam in a bundle with the original GTA IV. I already own L & D on 360, but I'd rather play it on PC.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cherrn wrote: »
    Hopefully the episodes show up on Steam in a bundle with the original GTA IV. I already own L & D on 360, but I'd rather play it on PC.
    Likewise, I've since sold my 360 after getting a new computer and having it red ring four times, so I'd really like to give the expansions another go. I might wait for a sale though.

Here's hoping the DRM eventually gets taken out of the PC version of Conviction, that game looks all manner of fun and I'd hate to have to give it a pass without there being a PS3 version.

Darlan on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Darlan wrote: »
    Cherrn wrote: »
    Likewise, I've since sold my 360 after getting a new computer and having it red ring four times, so I'd really like to give the expansions another go. I might wait for a sale though.

Here's hoping the DRM eventually gets taken out of the PC version of Conviction, that game looks all manner of fun and I'd hate to have to give it a pass without there being a PS3 version.

Yeah I probably would've gotten the PC version if it wasn't DRM'd as well. Luckily this is Ubisoft we're talking about, so there'll probably be PS3, Wii, iPhone, DS and PSP versions coming out in another 6 months or so.

Anyway, I'm getting the first Sam and Max episode this week but I'm surprised it's not coming to the 360. I guess they're just going with the 'season' packs for both the 360 and Wii.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Picking up Conviction this week

Will try the demo for Final Fight

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    While it's not a new release, TRU has DJ Hero for the 360/PS3 on sale for $49.99.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    EVERYBODY GET THAT IT IS AWESOME AND WELL WORTH $50

Ahem.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Double impact looks amazing. You can play it with arcade cabinet art, the screen bulge of an old arcade CRT, and with flicker and phosphorous glow. Fucking awesome.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I tried DJ Hero and it was very confusing.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It is confusing for like an hour

When you get it though, it flows so nicely

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This week was pretty poor, to be honest.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This week was pretty poor, to be honest.

In opposite land this week is great because there's nothing interesting to buy. Saves me money and time to play other games I bought.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ilvelo is an extremely generic looking shooter.

Wii shmups fans are better off getting Castle Shikigami 3, or even the Ultimate Shooting Collection.

And DJ Hero is amusing for a while, but it gets dull fast. Expert mode is just nonsensical.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I trust your opinion on shmups. So if you're not bothering with it then neither will I.

slash000 on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just checked the PS Store and Both The Lost and the Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony are up and have been up for a bit. I hadn't expected same day release on it for some reason.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In other words, if you're going to go Milestone, you might as well get the Milestone triple pack on the cheap; ie Ultimate Shooting Collection. Which at least has Chaos Field and Radio Allergy.

slash000 on
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Really looking forward to Final Fight Double Impact. I thought it was going to be more than 800 points though. Fucking awesome. Gonna cue that shit up right now. Magic Sword is so good, too.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just heard the Bombcast description of Alphabounce. If I wasn't holding out for a 3DS I'd definitely pick it up. Just wanted to make sure it didn't completely fly under people's radars.

SkyEye on
    Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383