As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anal Sex? Plus NUVA RING questions! *page 2*

TurnAroundTurnAround Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
This is an alt, because I don't want my friends on here knowing all about my sex life, also, this is kind of embarrassing.

My partner today brought up anal sex, and the possibility of us having it. I would love to try, but I'm reluctant, because I've done it before, but I just had an overwhelming feeling of the need to poop.

I'm also kind of nervous about poop being involved, because that would be really embarrassing.

So... I would love some tips and pointers on Anal sex. Especially on how to reduce the "omg I feel like I need to poop when you're in me!" feeling, because if I get past that, I know I could really enjoy it.

Thanks

TurnAround on

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It could be messy. If you're okay with that, and okay with the act itself with someone who you can trust to do it, then let it be messy.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If you poop beforehand you'll know it's a fake feeling when you feel like you need to.

admanb on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm usually very very clean, and when I get that feeling, I know I don't have to, and won't poop. It's just a very strange feeling to have during sex.

TurnAround on
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There are some good guides out there for this sort of thing. Look into Tristan Taraminos for something in depth.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Raneados' guide to buttlove

1) There's gonna be poo. Eventually you'll see some poo, sorry, you're putting a dick into a place that sees a LOT of poo, you'll get some poo. You can lessen the amount and the frequency of poo with washing and preparing etc, but you'll see flecks of poo at some point.

2) Do not poo right before you do the do, even if you clean afterward. It's a lot of strain on your pooper. I've heard a few tales of possible tearing (albeit slight). Drop a good deuce a few hours beforehand.

3) Eat solid foods all day. potatoes and starches etc. No chili. This should be painfully obvious but some people don't get it. Do not eat foods that mess with your system in any way.
    "What do you mean we can't do anal, I've only had like 3 bowls of chili today. Oh and nachos. Oh and those beans we had leftover. Wait where are you going?"

4) It's a game of preparation in all aspects, from the food you eat, to the steps you take to prep, to the "loosening up", to the insertion, to the actual thing, to the cleanup afterward. Prepare, yeah it kills a little bit of the mood when you prepare but it's better than a lot of the things that can happen. Plus as you get more accustomed to it you can use less prepwork because you know how it's going to go.

5) "Need to poop" feeling. I think pooping a few hours beforehand and a LOT of foreplay can ease this. If you've only done anal a few times, you're not going to be terribly comfortable. As you start getting a feel for it, you'll relax more and relax faster.

Rule Infinity) Take. It. Slow.

Raneados on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Are you using enough lube? No you aren't. Better to overshoot and dial back slowly. Your fellow won't be terribly pleased with the over-use of lube, but your ass needs to get used to this shit slowly. You didn't go from getting fingerbanged to getting railed so hard you broke a bed overnight.

Buy some shitty towels you won't mind throwing out afterward, like several cheap towels from wal-mart. Until you figure out how much lube you actually need (surprisingly little, and the sex will feel better as you dial back the lube, much like vaginal sex) you're going to have a fair bit of leakage. Save yourselves some time, money and embarrassment by destroying cheap towels with the ass froth instead of your bedsheets.

DO NOT GO FROM THE RECTUM TO THE VAGINA.

Oh and don't freak out if there's a little blood, just be worried if you keep bleeding.

Robman on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    damnit I forgot the lube and A2M tips, thanks robman

he said he'd done it before so i assumed he realized there was going to be a bit of a mess

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    All great tips, thanks!

My ex, whom I previously engaged in anal sex with was very neglectful, and rough, and refused to use much lube at all, so I was very turned off to anal sex for a long while (I'm female by the way). Now I have a boyfriend who is more understanding about such things, and I'm now more willing to try again. The towel idea is really good, as I don't feel like ruining my sheets :P

I also heard astroglide is a good lube to use?

TurnAround on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yup, just the normal astroglide or KY. You don't want to get fancy to start out.

Robman on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    they're all good for the most part

Raneados on
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Like others have said, use lube.

Blood is bad but a very small amount is not uncommon.

If it hurts, stop doing it. Seriously.

Before you engage, it is a good idea to relax and have the rim around the anus massaged in a circular motion with slow insertions with a finger to relax the muscles a bit. I recommend a glove for this because I believe using a bare hand for this is disgusting.

Whoever is doing the insertion should wear a condom.

Keep in mind, having copious amounts of anal sex can weaken the muscles in the anus and potentially lead to rectal prolapse at an early age.

If you are willing to take that risk and are careful... have fun! Good luck. :winky:

Noxy on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    -More foreplay
    -More lube
    -No seriously, go back and apply more foreplay and lube
    -Don't use Anal Eeze or other numbing products

TL DR on
  • Options
    flowerhoneyflowerhoney Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TurnAround you're asking all of my old questions

Use a lot of lube throughout the process, lube up your anus, lube up your boyfriend's stuff, get going. Stop. add more lube. Go a little farther. Stop. Add more lube.
    I cant really imagine why lube would be weird for your partner. Isnt the vagina supposed to be wet?

Relaxing can be really hard, especially when poo is on your mind and you're like "oh my god, is there any in there? what if it comes out? what if he sees? holy shit I would die if that happened!" trust me you will not feel relaxed or loose. Put that stuff out of your mind and it will be SO much better

When it hurts, STOP. Wait a little bit. Does it still hurt? If the answer is yes then anal is done for the day. You can try again later.

You could try working on opening your anus by yourself, so you feel more prepared for doing it with another person!

flowerhoney on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If you regularly get to doing it, check the color of your stool. If it gets really dark and looks hard, or if you're passing a bit of blood, see your doctor.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's all about going slow and using lots of lube.

Demerdar on
    y6GGs3o.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    also: despite how fun it might seem, do NOT FIST YOUR ANUS

i shouldn't HAVE to say this but i've met people that thought this was okay

do not do it

Raneados on
  • Options
    FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This is a bad idea, and a messy one, and a risky one. If you decide to go for it, so be it. Your partner should be aware that he could get certain fungical infections that are a little difficult to cure, this infections can be passed to you through vaginal sex.

In any case, if he wears a condom, the risk of getting a fungus is gone.

Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fantasma wrote: »
    This is a bad idea, and a messy one, and a risky one. If you decide to go for it, so be it. Your partner should be aware that he could get certain fungical infections that are a little difficult to cure, this infections can be passed to you through vaginal sex.

Citation needed, dogg.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    DrswordsDrswords Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    One thing to try, is to get yourself a small plug ( preferably very thin and small ) to work your way up to being ready. Its great for foreplay, and if you go from massage / to / finger / to / plug / to / penetration it is a much smoother ride than any alternative.

Also. LUBE.

Everyone else said it, now Im saying it. LUBE.

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Makershot wrote: »

Citation needed, dogg.

This is quite insulting, but here you are:

Anal Sex Health risks
    Anal sex exposes participants to two principal dangers: infections, due to the high number of infectious microorganisms not found elsewhere on the body, and physical damage to the anus and the rectum due to their vulnerability. It is generally understood that penetration can be painful.[44] Frequent anal sex is associated with hemorrhoids, anal prolapse, leakage, ano-rectal pain and ulcers and fissures.[45]

Recent reports have documented that risky behavior is on the rise among men who have sex with men.[39] Likewise, among men who have sex with women, a 1992 study of socially and sexually active Puerto Rican men indicated that of the more than 40% who reported having anal sex with women, very few had used condoms.[46] Anal sex without the use of a condom is often referred to as barebacking.[47]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_sex#Health_risks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candidiasis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut_flora

Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • Options
    TavataarTavataar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am a little surprised no one else has mentioned this (in terms of worrying about the poop factor):

If you don't mind standing up, then just do it in the shower. Lub up, etc, and then when you are done it is easy to wash up and get clean!

Tavataar on
    -Tavataar
  • Options
    travathiantravathian Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Citation needed, dogg.

I agree it is insulting. It is insulting that you are quoting and linking wikipedia as your source, especially considering you didn't bother to actually read them as none of those links support your position.

But hey, thanks for playin!

edit: more stupid

The risk for him might be gone, but not for her.

travathian on
  • Options
    Aurora BorealisAurora Borealis runs and runs and runs away BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    notes on lube: they are not all created equal.

If you are feeling a stinging sensation when lube is applied, and/or the skin itself feels raw and sore afterward, you may need to switch lubes. I tried several before I found one I really really liked. Sometimes they have spermicides or detergents in them that react badly with some people's skin.
    You can get little sample packets of lube, these are great for experimentation. And the little packet is more than enough for one session I found. A tiny bit goes surprisingly far.

Seconding the poster who said to lube up, go in a little, pull out, lube more, go in a bit further, repeat as necessary. This get the slick stuff to go all the places you want it. Get lube in all the little crevices, be really slick, start slow. This really minimizes pain, and has the added bonus of stimulating all those nice little nerve endings in a good way.

When you're feeling like you have to poop- this is the signal to RELAX. Your body is used to pushing things out when it feels pressure there. You have to train it to ignore that feeling during sexytime. Play with your clit, visualize, have your partner do some dirtytalking, do something, anything to take your mind off of the omigawdihaftapoop thinking. Once you can get past that, that's when it starts to feel Really Good, and that's when you can start going to town with the fucking.

I find it helps, once he's all the way in, to just have him hold still for a minute or two. This gives the muscles back there a little time to relax, realize there's enough lube there that I'm not gonna get hurt, and that way I get to decide when (and how fast) the action gets to start.

It does help to have towels down in case there is a mess, but there isn't always a need. For me it's mainly psychological, if I'm not worried about the sheets I don't really feel the impulse to keep thinking OMGpoop!

Have some wet wipes around too, (the unscented non-chemically ones). And if you do get some brown stuff, don't sweat it. Clean it up, laugh it off, do something else. If you treat it like it's not that big a deal, it won't be.

Aurora Borealis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    travathian wrote: »

Citation needed, dogg.

I agree it is insulting. It is insulting that you are quoting and linking wikipedia as your source, especially considering you didn't bother to actually read them as none of those links support your position.

But hey, thanks for playin!

edit: more stupid

The risk for him might be gone, but not for her.

I was giving information provided by a doctor in my original post, but I cannot bring a doctor just to prove my point to a forum, if you extract information from the articles I posted, you would be able to find out why a fungical infection is possible for the inserting partner.

What do you want me to do?, scan a book for your reading pleasure?, instead of complaining and insulting, you should thank me for taking the time do your homework.

Oh, wait, you already said thanks.

Fantasma on
  • Options
    travathiantravathian Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You must be new to this whole debate and evidence thing right? You see, you are making a claim and the onus is upon you to support it. Even the fucking quote you listed doesn't support your claim, nor do the three links supplied. Again, did you even read them? And don't tell me to extract information from articles you didn't bother to read.

Lastly, if you doctor told you this they obviously had to have gotten it from somewhere right? Shouldn't be that hard to provide a source now should it?

Either cite a source or stop making bullshit claims.

travathian on
  • Options
    strakha_7strakha_7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There are risks associated with anal intercourse beyond tearing. Mainly, as Fantasma said, the microorganisms living in the ass are not all hunky dory.

Want to get E. Coli? Unprotected anal sex could be the thing for you!

If you aren't aware that your ass harbours lots of itty-bitty living things that might make you regret the whole enterprise, travathian, I'm not sure what can be done in this discussion except you educate yourself.

Wearing a condom during anal sex will protect the man from most of the infections we're talking about. Where the risk begins for her is if they don't switch condoms before going to vaginal intercourse. Our asses are designed to harbour all these nasty little microorganisms. A woman's vagina is decidedly not designed for that, and has the added bonus of being a perfect breeding ground for undesirables: damp, warm, dark, difficult to clean completely.

No, I'm not citing anything - this is common sense, and even silly geese should have some of that. So stop being silly geese.

OP, good luck. Anal is not a "hey, let's try it! OK, here goes, my dick is at your asshole right now!" kind of thing. Take your time, and your other half should be quite willing to make it a pleasurable experience for you. Getting you off while going down on you with one finger teasing (read: not penetrating) your ass, tongue action, small toys, pinky finger first, etc. This is over a course of as long as you need: a week, a month, whatever. Your brain needs to connect being turned on with action near your ass. All of this from personal experience, so no I can't cite it.

strakha_7 on
    Want a signature? Find a post by ElJeffe and quote a random sentence!
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Zero tolerance policies are almost invariably terrible.

One might say I have zero tolerance for them.
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You're right, my request was a little short. But in all the information I've read regarding the risks of anal sex, I've never heard of a "fungus," not to mention one that's difficult to cure. If you're speaking of Candidasis, women get these vaginally at the drop of a hat, and there are numerous over-the-counter medications to deal with them.

If this is some kind of mysterious fungus that no one else here has heard of, then that would a claim requiring some sources.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    Buy some shitty towels you won't mind throwing out afterward, like several cheap towels from wal-mart.
    Yes. Because, that's exactly what they'll become. Sorry... but... you're just not going to have control of things at the start. You will eventually, but think of what it's like to have intercourse right before/right after your period. There will be lots of showering. Which is a great place for foreplay/afterplay, btw.

To TurnAround: Pick a position that's comfortable/relaxing. The more comfy you are, the better it will be. Don't try anything aerobatic for now. Unless you like doing the helicopter or something.

GungHo on
  • Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    E. coli is goddamned everywhere. If your toothbrush is stored in your bathroom, most likely you can get E. coli cultures off of it. There was a Mythbusters where one of the controls was a toothbrush stored in the kitchen, and they were able to culture E. coli off of that. Which doesn't mean you shouldn't try to be clean, but E. coli in and of itself is not a great reason to avoid anal. Don't play if either of you have a wound in the areas of contact, but that's pretty much common sense. And wash up before you go to sleep.

Djeet on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Fecal coliforms are the dangerous ones. The risk of getting an infection is pretty minimal though - since the man is like to flush the region with fluids :winky: the odds of enough CFUs remaining behind to cause infection are pretty remote.

Robman on
  • Options
    TaretchTaretch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was in the same boat as you when I started. Afraid of the mess, not sure how to prepare, etc... Here are a couple tips I can give from my experience as a gay guy. Hey, we're experts... right?

1) Eat healthy! This makes the entire process of cleaning before hand extremely easy--plus it has benefits everywhere else in your life!

2) Don't be afraid to wash out. This is a great tool if you want to make sure everything is good to go downstairs. Go until the water is clear, use lukewarm/cool water (personally I found that warm water is extremely uncomfortable), don't be afraid to take some time with this. I do my #2 business, then rinse out and at that point I'm good to go. Make sure to expell all the water though, otherwise you might end up with a little mess. It's easy to do and feels a little awkward at first, but well worth it. This is always my prep before sex and I have yet to have an "accident" (knock on wood).

3) Lube, lube, lube. AVOID WARMING LUBRICANTS!!!!! They burn. It is NOT comfortable. I enjoy silicon based lubricants as they don't dry out as quickly as water based so it leaves more time for :winky: and less time dealing with, "ow! more lube please!"

4) Start out on top. I find it easier to do as you're controlling everything and can go at your own pace. Once he's fully in you and you're loosened up a bit more, play around with positions.

5) Relax! Relax! Relax! Tensing up isn't doing ANYONE more good. If you've taken time to clean out and make sure you're good to go, the easiest thing to do when it hurts is to push out a bit. It's going to hurt a bit initally, once you get comfortable and relaxed though it really is virtually painless. Communication with your partner and let him know if he needs to go slower or if you're in pain.

6) If it hurts, he's doing it wrong. After your initial adjustment it should not hurt. If you're in constant pain switch positions, apply more lube, go back and engage in more foreplay to loosen yourself up a little more. You should NOT be in constant pain, I cannot stress this enough.

Just go slow, communicate, and enjoy yourself. There's nothing more enjoyable than exploring your sexual side with a partner you know and trust.

Taretch on
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Herschel on
  • Options
    penislandguypenislandguy Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    Today really was a great day for me to join...

I've had a lot of anal sex. A lot. I've already copped to being a promiscuous homo, so there's really no shame in this pronouncement.

From what I've heard, it is different for guys/girls on the receiving end. It is more pleasurable for guys, so I'm told.

That said, there are some universal truths, which people here have covered pretty well. Lube. And lots of it. Also, I know most people frown on this advice (esp because it isn't good for condoms), but silicone-based lube is 10,000x more pleasurable for both sides than water. Its also more of a pain in the ass (heh) to clean up later, but will make the experience more enjoyable.

Finally, I cannot count how many times I have done anal, but I can count how many times I have had fungal infections on my junk: none.

penislandguy on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Finally, I cannot count how many times I have done anal, but I can count how many times I have had fungal infections on my junk: none.

As a heterosexual man, I want to also affirm the above statement. Don't get freaked out. Be safe, calm and slow. Everyone else has the icky details set.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    All I can say is it's worth it, but be prepared to clean your dick with a gusto afterwards.

First time I got poo on my schlong was the worst.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I guess I'm just unusually circumspect in my bottom cleaning as a gay man, but I have never had like, poop issues. As long as you are careful about cleaning, and you take things easy (using the advice others have provided in the thread), there shouldn't be an unusual amount of mess. I mean, use towels if you like, but I have never had to put a towel down beneath me or my partner that later had to be pitched because it got stuff all over it. What on earth are people (not?) doing that their anal sex involves so much fecal matter?

So yeah:

1.) Clean ahead of time.
    2.) Use lots of lube and relax - I agree that silicone-based lubricants can be "nicer" than water-based. I've also used J-lube before, but that's really not necessary for most every day anal situations. It just happened to be what the guy I was with had.
    3.) Seriously. Clean, lube, relax.

edit: To be fair, I have been the top before with guys who didn't know that cleaning was required, and that didn't really go well, but thanks to condoms, I didn't feel quite so grossed out. They were embarrassed, I'm sure, but I made sure to let them know that it was no big deal. The last thing anyone needs in a sexual situation is to have their partner go out of their way to shame them.

Murphy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    All amazing information guys! I'll be sure to take all of it into account!

I have another Question however, about Nuvarings. So, I guess ladies should chime in here.

I was on the nuva ring for a while, and then I stopped for about a month due to not having time to go to planned Parent hood to get a new one.

So, today I got it, and put it in. Is it correct that I'll be protected after a week it's in? I know it won't be right away, but I also read that I should have put it in on the first day of my period.

Does it matter when I insert it? Cause I would like to be protected from pregnancy as soon as possible. (Just FYI, I trust my partner, and we've been together for a while, and want to get rid of condoms)

TurnAround on
  • Options
    CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TurnAround wrote: »
    All amazing information guys! I'll be sure to take all of it into account!

I have another Question however, about Nuvarings. So, I guess ladies should chime in here.

I was on the nuva ring for a while, and then I stopped for about a month due to not having time to go to planned Parent hood to get a new one.

So, today I got it, and put it in. Is it correct that I'll be protected after a week it's in? I know it won't be right away, but I also read that I should have put it in on the first day of my period.

Does it matter when I insert it? Cause I would like to be protected from pregnancy as soon as possible. (Just FYI, I trust my partner, and we've been together for a while, and want to get rid of condoms)

You can insert the Nuvaring at any time during your cycle, and you will be safe one week afterwards.

Also, you can leave it in for the full 30/28 days of your cycle, and put a new one in after that, instead of waiting a week and having a period. When I was using the nuvaring I'd usually go with two month cycles, instead of 30 day, and you can do up to three months.

Periods suck.

Cimmerii on
    *Internally Screaming*
  • Options
    Dark MoonDark Moon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    yadda yadda risk of fungal infections via anal sex…Wikipedia sources unrelated to his claims

No. No person who is not knocking on death's door is passing any significant number of fungal spores. Save for massive colonic damage, no significant number of bacteria commensal to the GI tract are going to escape beyond its furry borders - a few will get out, your clotting factors will do their business and your immune system will deliver a fatal blow to those that dared venture forth. Furthermore, most of your commensals are pussycats in all but the most immunocompromised individual. Someone harbouring E. coli O157:H7 in them is too busy having violent, bloody diarrhea to worry about anal sex. There are some other enteric bacteria that may be carried by one individual without symptoms but may cause disease if introduced to another, but this is why the fellow should be wearing a condom.

You're infinitely more at risk of developing a Candidiasis infection by using a steroid-based inhaler and not washing your mouth out afterward than you are by having the bloodiest of unprotected anal sex.

Dark Moon on
    3072973561_de17a80845_o.jpg
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dark Moon wrote: »
    Someone harbouring E. coli O157:H7 in them is too busy having violent, bloody diarrhea to worry about anal sex.
    Yeah, don't click on this thread before going to lunch.

GungHo on