Options

Anal Sex? Plus NUVA RING questions! *page 2*

2»

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, your body builds an immunity to certain stomach flora as well. You may me harboring a different type of E. coli than your partner and your immune system might react differently.

But the risks of catching a bout of funk from unprotected anal sex is pretty low, it's still a really good idea to practice it. Because, if anyone can tell you, getting an infection in your junk is probably a pretty bad thing.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    travathiantravathian Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TurnAround wrote: »
    Does it matter when I insert it? Cause I would like to be protected from pregnancy as soon as possible.

Then stop having sex. Otherwise there is always a risk. Have you discussed with your partner how you two will proceed if you get pregnant? The ring is 99% effective if used correctly, condoms are 97% and both together are 99.9999% effective, but the only sure fire way not to get pregnant is abstinence or not having the appropriate anatomy. I have 3 nieces, all of them are birth control babies, oops! Not trying to scare you, just trying to make sure you have considered all the consequences of your actions.

(Just FYI, I trust my partner, and we've been together for a while, and want to get rid of condoms)

You or your partner may have an STD they don't even know about, as some of them don't have any visible signs. It is still worthwhile for you both to be tested to be sure.

travathian on
  • Options
    TurnAroundTurnAround Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    travathian wrote: »
    TurnAround wrote: »
    Does it matter when I insert it? Cause I would like to be protected from pregnancy as soon as possible.

Then stop having sex. Otherwise there is always a risk. Have you discussed with your partner how you two will proceed if you get pregnant? The ring is 99% effective if used correctly, condoms are 97% and both together are 99.9999% effective, but the only sure fire way not to get pregnant is abstinence or not having the appropriate anatomy. I have 3 nieces, all of them are birth control babies, oops! Not trying to scare you, just trying to make sure you have considered all the consequences of your actions.

(Just FYI, I trust my partner, and we've been together for a while, and want to get rid of condoms)

You or your partner may have an STD they don't even know about, as some of them don't have any visible signs. It is still worthwhile for you both to be tested to be sure.

Yeah, my partner and I talked about what would happen if I got pregnant at length, and we both agreed on what to do.

Also, we've both been recently tested, and we're clean, so we're good on that front.

It's why I'm asking these questions about when I can have sex after I put the ring in, and the like. I'm doing it to prevent any miscommunication and screw ups so I can also prevent any babies :P

Edit: To clarify- We're currently using condoms until more than a week has passed while on the ring. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't HAVE to put it in on the first day of my period.

TurnAround on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    the only sure fire way not to get pregnant is abstinence or not having the appropriate anatomy.

Nitpicking; oral, anal, manual stimulation, etc.

There are a plethora of ways to be sexually active that cannot lead to pregnancy, and as Dan Savage pointed out once in his column, these should be seen as enjoyable addendums to regular "penis in vagina" intercourse. They aren't consolation prizes, but enjoyable sexual activities unto themselves.

Perhaps you merely meant "abstenence from putting his penis in your vagina", but it seemed to be worth clarifying.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    travathiantravathian Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Which is all great, except the OP asked about birth control, so I thought it pretty obvious we're talking about about penis in vagina sex; but hey, way to take things out of context.

travathian on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Instead of a NUVA ring, which can get stuck on a wang/fall out during a strained poop, why not use a hormonally active IUD?

Robman on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Which is all great, except the OP asked about birth control, so I thought it pretty obvious we're talking about about penis in vagina sex; but hey, way to take things out of context.

And if they intend to be having sex, telling them that they could consider not having sex is pretty useless too.

What exactly did I take out of context? "Hey, we want to have safer sex?" "Y'know what's super safe? Not having sex!"

Dot dot dot

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I wish we'd be honest with teenagers

"Look sex without a condom is better for both parties, but you know what isn't awesome? Babies and STDs, so if you're going to go for the real deal, and you will, do it with one person you trust and use some fucking birth control."

That's how I'd teach sex ed.

Robman on
  • Options
    KistraKistra Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    Instead of a NUVA ring, which can get stuck on a wang/fall out during a strained poop, why not use a hormonally active IUD?

I don't know about the OP's insurance but a lot of them will cover nuvaring but not mirena. It sucks, but that is life. Do you actually know someone who had it fall out while pooping? Cause I haven't heard that one before.

Kistra on
    Animal Crossing: City Folk Lissa in Filmore 3179-9580-0076
  • Options
    Reverend_ChaosReverend_Chaos Suit Up! Spokane WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    First off, BEST ALT NAME EVER!!

That being said, my Fiance used the Nuva ring for a while, and according to her it was the easiest form she had ever used, and one that made her "less emotional rollercoaster/crazy" than the shot, and the IUD.

And even abstinence isn't 100% effective, just ask the Virgin Mary...

Reverend_Chaos on
    “Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Kistra wrote: »

I don't know about the OP's insurance but a lot of them will cover nuvaring but not mirena. It sucks, but that is life. Do you actually know someone who had it fall out while pooping? Cause I haven't heard that one before.

It's on the product's information that it can fall out with a stressful bowel movement. I would imagine that means if you take a righteous dump (of course women's butts make rainbows and roses) there's a risk it can pop out.

Robman on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think birth control is statistically more effective than condoms

as far as "omg if got X condition life would be over" is concerned, condoms is like 2% per year. If you absolutely cannot get pregnant, that's pretty abysmal. I mean, prospective parents worry about cleaner statistics regarding birth defects. It's still less likely than <insert unlikely event here> though

edit: wikipedia to the rescueeeeeee

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Real world reliability for condoms over a year runs around 80-90%, pills are between 90-95% IIRC

Implanted methods are still the best, because you can't fuck them up.

Robman on
  • Options
    TurnAroundTurnAround Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    First off, BEST ALT NAME EVER!!

That being said, my Fiance used the Nuva ring for a while, and according to her it was the easiest form she had ever used, and one that made her "less emotional rollercoaster/crazy" than the shot, and the IUD.

And even abstinence isn't 100% effective, just ask the Virgin Mary...

This is why I'm on the ring. There are absolutely no changes in my mood, and it's really convenient to just have it in for a month.

I just wanted to make sure I could put it in whenever, have sex 10 days from now, and be protected.

TurnAround on
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Also: You can take the nuva ring out while you're having sex, if it bothers you.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    dukederekdukederek Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    fall out during a strained poop

i think you're putting it in the wrong hole.

dukederek on