As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Car battery died, the radio's anti-theft mechanism kicked in.

PerpetualPerpetual Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Now it won't turn on. When I try, it asks me to enter a code, and I have no fucking idea what it is.

Do I have any options besides taking it to a Honda dealer?

Perpetual on

• JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Perpetual wrote: »
    Now it won't turn on. When I try, it asks me to enter a code, and I have no fucking idea what it is.

Last time this happened, they just gave me the code over the phone. It was a dealership I'd already used, though, so they knew I owned the car. I'm not sure if they'd do it if you just randomly call one up.

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • PerpetualPerpetual Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    JHunz wrote: »
    Perpetual wrote: »

Last time this happened, they just gave me the code over the phone. It was a dealership I'd already used, though, so they knew I owned the car. I'm not sure if they'd do it if you just randomly call one up.

I guess I can call the dealer from which I purchased the car back in 2004.

Perpetual on
  • RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You should also be able to get the code from the Honda Ownerlink website.

https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?page=%2Fprod%5Fhome%2Easp

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    You'll need the VIN in most cases, IIRC.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There could well be a charge for this if you ring the dealership. If you bought the car used, go through all the various manuals and logbooks. I found the code to my old car radio scrawled along a random page in there when this happened to me.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule