As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Green Lantern: DCnU-style

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There's always room for sinister figures in black robes. Just ask any Sith ever.

Solar on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cross posting from the MOTW thread, this is the teaser for the coming year in the GL stuff:
    gl53a.jpg

gl53b.jpg

Whatever side Guy is on, it's the right one, yo

TexiKen on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    this has me faaaar more interested in Emerald Warriors than i was before

pretty excited to see that get going

Rans on
    edited April 2010
    also i picked up JLA #44 which ends with..
    Jade crashing to the earth in what looks like a coffin made of Starheart. i don't know how this picks up from her appearance in Brightest Day #0?

Rans on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Re: Black cloaked figure from the preview (and issue 53)
    Guessing its Scar since he/she specifically said stuff about being a former guarding and writing the oath.

Lucascraft on
    edited April 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Guessing its Scar since he/she specifically said stuff about being a former guarding and writing the oath.
    the figure also said something about working for the guardians before the manhunters, which makes me think it might not be a guardian. or it might be a maltusian, but just not of guardian status? i don't see why a guardian would work for the rest of the guardians. thinking maybe the diminutive size is a swerve.

Rans on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Considering how very dead she is that would be hard

Furu on
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rans wrote: »
    the figure also said something about working for the guardians before the manhunters, which makes me think it might not be a guardian. or it might be a maltusian, but just not of guardian status? i don't see why a guardian would work for the rest of the guardians. thinking maybe the diminutive size is a swerve.
    Maybe its Krona?

Also GL 53, BEST SCENE
    Larfleeze perched on Sayd. Holy crap I was reading that in public and then I started laughing out loud.

Tairu on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Scar was pretty much splattered during Black Night. I think the black cloaked figure
    is a new character, but is almost certainly from the same race as the Guardians. I don't think it's a Black Lantern or connected with Nekron though... I doubt an agent of darkness would be eager to bring about a 'Brightest Day.'

Probably my favorite scene was the title page
    which revealed the temple buried beneath Ryut, and the monoliths bearing the different corps symbols. I thought the depths of Oa where Scar was hanging out were creepy, but it's nothing compared to the ruins in the depths of Ryut.

I'm also happy to see what happened to Parallax, and that the other monoliths are empty - none of the other entities are simply going to be captives from the start.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
    edited April 2010
    Preview of GREEN LANTERN CORPS #47
    green-lantern-corps-vol-2-20100426040532051.jpg

looks to a good epilogue issue to Blackest Night and Tomasi/Gleason's run on the book

Rans on
    edited April 2010
    cover for Brightest Day #1 courtesy of the source
    bday_cv1_r1.jpg

might we be getting into a sword in the stone type of situation?

Rans on
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Going to miss Gleason

MastaP on
    edited April 2010
    J'onn looks like he's turning into the Grinch.

TexiKen on
    edited April 2010
    Which issue of Brightest Day has the Aquaman cover with the big white lantern symbol behind him? I actually really like that cover, and I like the Aquaman redesign to make him younger and less of a grizzly old bastard.

Lucascraft on
    edited April 2010
    i believe that is supposed to be #2

Rans on
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Uh...

Is anyone else, like, really creeped out by the face Hal is making?

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am.

Is he trying to lift it but can't? I guess it sort've looks like that. The blinding light is kind've, well, blinding.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You're assuming that it's light.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Stilts wrote: »
    Uh...

Is anyone else, like, really creeped out by the face Hal is making?
    I'm disturbed by his prodigious chin.

Munch on
    edited April 2010
    That is indeed a chin that even Tarantino would fear.

Solar on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    dammit Leno... first Conan and now Hal?

WHEN WILL YOU STOP?

ManetherenWolf on
    edited April 2010
    You're assuming that it's light.

Yes, assuming that it's light and not phosphorescent semen Jesus Witch Hunter why would you even say that.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
    edited April 2010
    All the attention has gone to Hal's chin in that picture, but what I find even more disturbing than that is Aquaman's face. It looks like he has a babydoll mask for a face.

Lucascraft on
    edited April 2010
    I think it's safe to say that for such a big deal issue the cover is, shall we say, sub-par.

Solar on
    edited April 2010
    i like David Finch less with each new cover. I didn't really know his work before he came to DC but I'm having a hard time seeing what the big deal is.

Rans on
    edited April 2010
    See, I like a lot of his stuff, like his New Avengers and especially the Moon Knight issues he did, but sometimes he can be awful, for example Ultimatum.

Solar on
    edited April 2010
    Was there supposed to be an issue this week? I didn't have it in my pull list and wonder if it was the shop not getting any or what.

It's not twice a month then, hurp de durp

TexiKen on
    edited April 2010
    issue 1 starts in may and is twice a month from that point on

Rans on
    edited April 2010
    Oh wow, GL #47 is so so so awesome.
    Kilowog quit being the recruit trainer (Stel is the new drill instructor)

Isamot gave Vath his legs because he can regrow them

Arisia punched a Guardian in the face

The Broke Guy's bar!

The Lantern Crypt is now a perennial tree on Mogo, each dead lantern being a leaf

3rd Law repealed

Hella jazzed for Emerald Warriors, this sets up a lot.

Goodbye Gleason, I will pray for your return.

edit: Now with Emerald Warriors teaser!
    glew.jpg

TexiKen on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Apparently, Guy is not physically capable of shutting his mouth.

Fencingsax on
    edited April 2010
    I really dig Pasarin's art in that preview though. Looks like Van Sciver's work only it will be on time and people won't have big receding hairlines (especially women).

TexiKen on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I guess Bleez is the team's Red Lantern Tomasi and Johns were talking about

Furu on
    edited April 2010
    it also looks like
    Sodam Yat and Ion
    will return in Emerald Warriors, which may tie in with why Hal is so pissed considering what is coming in the GL title involving the entities

Rans on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2010
    it also looks like
    Sodam Yat and Ion
    will return in Emerald Warriors, which may tie in with why Hal is so pissed considering what is coming in the GL title involving the entities
    Where do you get Sodam from (other than Arisia's there and she's part of that story)?

So Emerald Warriors is pretty much Tomasi's GLC minues Kyle, Soranik, and Iolande

I can dig it

Garlic Bread on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2010
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Apparently, Guy is not physically capable of shutting his mouth.

welcome to Guy Gardner

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2010
    Keith wrote: »
    it also looks like
    Sodam Yat and Ion
    Where do you get Sodam from (other than Arisia's there and she's part of that story)?

So Emerald Warriors is pretty much Tomasi's GLC minues Kyle, Soranik, and Iolande

I can dig it

Look at Arisia's eyes in that preview, it's a familiar symbol reflecting back.

TexiKen on
    edited April 2010
    oh snap

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2010
    Emerald Warriors isn't until August? That's so far away.

Lucascraft on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oddly enough, I think the image of that guy with the snakes shooting the flames at the Lanterns is the most exciting thing about that teaser.

I'm just so tired of seeing Lanterns only fight other guys with rings. Any villain that isn't another Lantern is a welcome change.

Munch on
    edited April 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    Oddly enough, I think the image of that guy with the snakes shooting the flames at the Lanterns is the most exciting thing about that teaser.

I'm just so tired of seeing Lanterns only fight other guys with rings. Any villain that isn't another Lantern is a welcome change.

these are my thoughts exactly! very excited!

Rans on