Options

Greatest hero without superpowers_

• Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The Goon. He's big...he's tough as shit, and beats zombie priests in the head everyday before breakfast.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Spider-Man because he can beat up Superman because he's real and down to earth and not an overpowered piece of cardboard

<3 You DO love me!

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Wildcat, Ted Grant.

He's basically just Rocky Balboa in a cat suit.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    lostwords wrote:
    Wildcat, Ted Grant.

He's basically just Rocky Balboa in a cat suit.
    If Rocky beat Apollo Creed in the first movie, and then went on to jump into other movies and K.O. Darth Vader, Lord Voldemort, Hitler, and Godzilla in rapid succession.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Martian Manhunter. Those things are expected of a martian. I mean, like, I was good at math in school, does that mean I have a superpower in arithmetic? Shit, no. Same principle

Captain Ultra on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    But see.

Superpower is short for superhuman power in this context.

And he definitely has super HUMAN power.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    MajidahMajidah Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Rorschach.

Go ahead, tell Kovac's he's not the baddest, you didn't need those pinkies anyway.

Majidah on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    Majidah wrote:
    Rorschach.

Go ahead, tell Kovac's he's not the baddest, you didn't need those pinkies anyway.

Kovacs

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MajidahMajidah Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I couldn't tell you how that appostrophe got there... hmm... I blame Ozymandius.

Majidah on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Majidah wrote:
    I couldn't tell you how that appostrophe got there... hmm... I blame Ozymandius.
    Don't post without spellchecking.

Oh no, you posted 7 minutes ago.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    the_greatest_hero_everthe_greatest_hero_ever Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Excellent answer...I love the Question, even the shitty 80's Question with the mullet.

You can take off now if you'd like.

I've always been partial to Jonah Hex and Sandman meself.

And what the hell is up with all these new theme accounts opening up?It seems like we've had the whole friggin Justice League in the last few months.
    wait, like the neil gaiman sandman? that couldn't possibly count

the_greatest_hero_ever on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Bogart wrote:
    Marvel whore number 816 says Hawkeye! He's part of the world's premier super-group with nought but a bow and some tricksy arrows to take on the likes of Ultron! And purple is much cooler than green.
    I also am somewhat of a marvel whore, but I have to concede pwnage rights to green arrow over hawkeye simply because green is cooler than purple and in hand to hand combat, GA would win.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Excellent answer...I love the Question, even the shitty 80's Question with the mullet.

You can take off now if you'd like.

I've always been partial to Jonah Hex and Sandman meself.

And what the hell is up with all these new theme accounts opening up?It seems like we've had the whole friggin Justice League in the last few months.
    wait, like the neil gaiman sandman? that couldn't possibly count

JSA Sandman
    pwnage

fuck

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Munch wrote:
    Blue Beetle (Ted Kord). Ted Kord never had an easy life. Yeah, he came from a wealthy family, but he was a little fatty growing up, never got along with his parents, and only finally got his act together as he began college. There he met up with the guy who would become like a father to him, Dan Garrett. But since things could never go well for him, it wasn't long before Ted accompanied his mentor on a trip to Pago island, where Ted's asshole of an uncle, Jarvis, killed Dan with robots. Which is really a pretty sweet way to go, but that's neither here nor there. In his last moments, Dan begged Ted to take over the mantle of the Blue Beetle, and not let the legacy die. But once again, Ted was dealt a poor hand by fate when a mountain of rubble collapsed in on Dan's mystical scarab that would have made Ted into a Superman-level hero.

But Ted, a good guy and true to his word, didn't let that stop him. He trained himself to become a world class gymnast, and used his genius to create a variety of non-lethal weapons to use in his quest to carry on the Blue Beetle legacy, and make the world safer. From there he went on to join the Justice League, where he was constantly made to feel inferior in the presence of such godly heroes as Green Lantern, Mister Miracle, and Batman. But he also met up with his hetero lifemate, the one and only Booster Gold, creating one of the most enduring friendships in comics. And despite some of the scorn heaped upon him, and despite his childhood obesity coming back to haunt him in the form of a pronounced gut that limited his acrobatics and directly led to a later heart condition, he had his moments in the Justice League. He was at the Doomsday fight and, when rushing to pull Martian Manhunter out of an immense column of flame, was caught off guard by Doomsday and beaten into a coma, the first superhuman casualty to the monster that would eventually kill Superman.

After coming out his coma, Beetle went on to continue his heroics, joining Extreme Justice, saving the life of Booster Gold by building a life-saving apparatus into Gold's suit, and personally leading a charge against the unstoppable Amazo android when the call went out for Justice League reservists.

And through it all he kept smiling, right up until he uncovered a massive conspiracy that even the world class detectives Martian Manhunter and Batman couldn't see. Again and again he pursued the truth in spite of numerous near death experiences, and even when all his friends turned their backs on him, even the Martian Manhunter J'onn J'onnz whom he had dutifully served alongside for years, he struggled onwards. When finally confronted with the mastermind behind the whole thing, Max Lord Ted's longtime friend and comrade, Beetle was given two options; join Max Lord and help exterminate the people who had turned their backs on him, who had ridiculed him and forced him to march into the face of danger alone. Or he could die.

With one friend pointing a gun in his face, one with a chest covered in third degree burns, and the rest turned away from him, Ted Kord uttered four defiant words that would seal his fate: "Rot in Hell Max."

Bang.

So ended the story of a man who was just that; a man, trying to rub shoulders with Gods. But such a world had no place for him.

also countdown was such a gay story
    I admit this was touching

• Options
    edited January 2007
    Majidah wrote:
    Rorschach.

ELSEWORLD

• Options
    edited January 2007
    Majidah wrote:
    Rorschach.

ELSEWORLD

It's not an Elseworld

It's not in DCU Continuity

But it's not an Elseworld

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Majidah wrote:
    Rorschach.

ELSEWORLD

It's not an Elseworld

Either way it can't count....I almost want to consider detective chimp viable for this thread.

• Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Majidah wrote:
    Rorschach.

ELSEWORLD

It's not an Elseworld

Either way it can't count....I almost want to consider detective chimp viable for this thread.

Why can't it count? Marvel isn't in DCU continuity, DC isn't in Marvel continuities, etc.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Majidah wrote:
    Rorschach.

ELSEWORLD

It's not an Elseworld

Why can't it count? Marvel isn't in DCU continuity, DC isn't in Marvel continuities, etc.
    Okay, this is different...DC still created Watchmen, it's not a part of any continuity, therefore there is no other work by which it can be compared to.

• Options
    Herr CaesarHerr Caesar Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Does Iron Man count?

Herr Caesar on
    civbandit.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Does Iron Man count?

Not ultimate iron man. Or rather, not the weird iron man origin story iron man.

I am so confused by that damn book. Is it not cannon? or what?

Langly on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Langly wrote:
    Does Iron Man count?

If you're talking about Ultimate Iron Man then yes, it's cannon but not in the normal Marvel universe. It takes place in the Ultimate Universe, a rebooting of the Marvel Universe.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Majidah wrote:
    Rorschach.

ELSEWORLD

It's not an Elseworld

Okay, this is different...DC still created Watchmen, it's not a part of any continuity, therefore there is no other work by which it can be compared to.
    Comic books can't be compared to other comic books when one isn't attached to a sprawling universe?

Besides, Rorschach has a brief appearance in Kingdom Come.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Langly wrote:
    Does Iron Man count?

If you're talking about Ultimate Iron Man then yes, it's cannon but not in the normal Marvel universe. It takes place in the Ultimate Universe, a rebooting of the Marvel Universe.

Well what i was talking about was the mini series about iron man (set in the ultimate universe). Iron Man's origin had already been revealed, but the mini series basically completely contradicted what had been said. To the point where, in the back of the mini series, there is a bio of Iron man, among the other Ultimates, which is more like the 616 marvel universe (where he is kidnapped by terrorists, and creates the iron man suit to escape).

Langly on
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Wasn't that the Question? Did Rorschach appear somewhere else? Or were you making a joke?

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    SpeedySwaf wrote:
    Wasn't that the Question? Did Rorschach appear somewhere else? Or were you making a joke?
    Nope, he had a small cameo in the bar scene. In the back with a bunch of other Trenchcoat wearing heroes.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    SpeedySwaf wrote:
    Nope, he had a small cameo in the bar scene. In the back with a bunch of other Trenchcoat wearing heroes.

holy shit that is awesome.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    robosagogo wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Majidah wrote:
    Rorschach.

ELSEWORLD

It's not an Elseworld

Comic books can't be compared to other comic books when one isn't attached to a sprawling universe?

Haha yeah there was a BRIEF appearance or rorshach in Kingdom come, but it wasn't at all significant. What I'm trying to make a point at is the fact that because he existed in an entirely different universe he cannot be counted among characters that are being constantly rewritten into different stories. Does that stop Rorschach from being a kick ass character? No, but Alan Moore should def. man up and make a rorschach spin off.

• Options
    Herr CaesarHerr Caesar Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    robosagogo wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Majidah wrote:
    Rorschach.

ELSEWORLD

It's not an Elseworld

Haha yeah there was a BRIEF appearance or rorshach in Kingdom come, but it wasn't at all significant. What I'm trying to make a point at is the fact that because he existed in an entirely different universe he cannot be counted among characters that are being constantly rewritten into different stories. Does that stop Rorschach from being a kick ass character? No, but Alan Moore should def. man up and make a rorschach spin off.
    I'm not sure what manning up has to do with a Rorschach spin-off.

Herr Caesar on
    civbandit.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's been said before but i'll say it again. The Punisher does have a superpower. It's the ability to make guns actually [/i]hit a target. I'm torn between Batman and Ironman. . .actually what is the definition of "great" here?

Great as in most powerful?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Munch wrote:
    But once again, Ted was dealt a poor hand by fate when a mountain of rubble collapsed in on Dan's mystical scarab that would have made Ted into a Superman-level hero.

Not to be too pedantic, but isn't this a really stupid way to lose a artifact that makes a Superman caliber hero? I mean, wouldn't it take Superman like 30 seconds top to find and dig out a scarab under a mountain of rubble, if he can't devote the time and money to digging it out himself? You'd think once Blue Beatle made it big he could ask his friend Supes for a quick favor.

werehippy on
  • Options
    Jolly-RogerJolly-Roger Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    werehippy wrote:
    Munch wrote:
    But once again, Ted was dealt a poor hand by fate when a mountain of rubble collapsed in on Dan's mystical scarab that would have made Ted into a Superman-level hero.

Not to be too pedantic, but isn't this a really stupid way to lose a artifact that makes a Superman caliber hero? I mean, wouldn't it take Superman like 30 seconds top to find and dig out a scarab under a mountain of rubble, if he can't devote the time and money to digging it out himself? You'd think once Blue Beatle made it big he could ask his friend Supes for a quick favor.
    If you read the wiki it says he had it, so i assume the rubble broke it, or he simply didnt know how to use it cuz the original blue beetle died before he could tell him how.

Jolly-Roger on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Does that stop Rorschach from being a kick ass character? No, but Alan Moore should def. man up and make a rorschach spin off.

That... um... completely negates everything Moore was saying about Rorschach.

[spoiler:737b2557e9]Plus I don't think Rorschach is doing much of anything worth being spun off in his current condition.[/spoiler:737b2557e9]

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    RocielRociel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Majidah wrote:
    Rorschach.

ELSEWORLD

It's not an Elseworld

Not true. As of JLAvengers the Marvel and DC universes are activly aware of each other's existence and all the events that transpired within that book are in continuity for both companies (the last issue of Avengers disassembled had a brief showing of Wanda going nuts with her powers in the DCU).

However, that's just me being nitpicky. I know what you meant.

Rociel on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bad Karma wrote:
    It seems like we've had the whole friggin Justice League in the last few months.
    Would you believe I didn't even know DC had a hero with my username?

Anyway, I wonder if I can say the Rocketeer. I mean, a rocket pack. OK, I'll admit I'm just gay for heroes like The Rocketeer and The Shadow.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Seaguy!

Fellhand on
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Nick Fury been listed yet? Dudes badass.

see also: Jack Bauer

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Nick Fury been listed yet? Dudes badass.

see also: Jack Bauer

Ultimate Nick Fury >> Nick Fury + Jack Bauer

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Rociel wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Majidah wrote:
    Rorschach.

ELSEWORLD

It's not an Elseworld

Not true. As of JLAvengers the Marvel and DC universes are activly aware of each other's existence and all the events that transpired within that book are in continuity for both companies (the last issue of Avengers disassembled had a brief showing of Wanda going nuts with her powers in the DCU).

However, that's just me being nitpicky. I know what you meant.
    this is what I was trying to get at...I unlike you am not so eloquent with my wording.