Options

Greatest hero without superpowers_

124»

• Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Luncelot wrote:
    Wow, I never knew people would take that so seriously. I mean come on, the whole arc was just so Ennis' could kill all the "traditional" superheroes which he has a well-known dislike for.
    Ennis has done that so many times...

The least he could do is justify that sort of thing with good writing to back things up. Instead, it seems like he actually becomes a worse writer when covering the topic.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    VerdancyVerdancy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah Ennis's superhero hating shtick is annyoing.

I like Mr Terrific II and Blue Beetle II (haven't read anything with Mr T. I) because they have a nice balance between totally relying on their normal human abilities (WildCat/The Question style) and actually encasing themselves fully in hyper-powerful technology. Plus I really like heroes with sensory based powers, and Mr T's are interesting and useful.

But I have a softspot for Wildcat, simply because he doesn't bother trying to compensate for his human limitations by being super stealthy/manipulative/smart. He just punches people, really hard, in the face. It's refreshing.

Verdancy on
  • Options
    JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    robosagogo wrote:
    Luncelot wrote:
    Wow, I never knew people would take that so seriously. I mean come on, the whole arc was just so Ennis' could kill all the "traditional" superheroes which he has a well-known dislike for.

The least he could do is justify that sort of thing with good writing to back things up. Instead, it seems like he actually becomes a worse writer when covering the topic.

Anyone remember Punisher humiliating Daredevil, Spidey and Wolverine in the MK Punisher run?
    How about Hitman humiliating Batman over and over (although hitman was great).. Hitman has powers though, so I cant say he´s valid here.

Hmm..

How about this.

Neal Adam´s Green Arrow. Now that was a badass dude.

Or the guys from the last Stormwatch run (all humans, who were put together to defeat heroes)

JCM on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    robosagogo wrote:
    Luncelot wrote:

Mutants - killed when the Punisher tricked them into meeting on the moon in an air-filled dome, ostensibly for their final battle. As soon as the two groups realized that they had been tricked, a nuclear warhead exploded, destroying the dome and killing all in it.

That part always made me lol.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Verdancy wrote:
    But I have a softspot for Wildcat
    I'm losing my touch.

Thinking about it, Tony Stark would be a pretty good candidate.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I would have picked Batman, because he's my favorite hero, but I felt compelled to pick Captain America based on the definition of his powers that he goes right to the line, but doesn't cross over. If Cap is considered to be superhuman, then I'm going with Batman.

However, Batman is definitely depicted doing things that are far beyond what I think a human is capable of even under the best circumstances. If we are going based on what these heroes have been depicted doing, as opposed to the canon explanation of their powers, I would be hard pressed to select a single comic book hero that has never displayed even a single ability that would be considered superhuman.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]