As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Avengers have assembled! (pretty much just the Marvel movie thread now with some comics)

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Why did that Not-F-35 have a machine gun from World War 1?

F-35 NEEDS MORE DAKKA

Huh?

Are you talking about the Quinjet? It had a minigun.

The one shooting at Hulk.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • the_Frollothe_Frollo Riiiiiight.... THERE.Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    in regards to coulson:
    I'm soooo happy he's dead. I couldn't stand his smug little annoying self from scene 1. Shame he couldn't have died more painfully :/
    *Hulk grabs you and smashes you around like a rag doll*
    "Puny hater".

There were a couple of comments "DATASS" in my theater during Loki's interrogation.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    My movie watching experience was ruined by a bunch of girl drama. I don't know if I like this movie or not, because at the time I was viewing it I was so angry, hurt, and betrayed that I couldn't even concentrate on the movie.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I missed a one liner by Hulk near the end. Spoilers, obviously.
    Loki to Hulk: "I am a god!"
    Hulk thrashes the shit out of Loki, flailing him like a rag doll.
    Hill to Loki: <something>

The theater was cheering too loudly for me to hear.
    Hulk: Puny god.

Lh96QHG.png
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    Yeah, thanks, our theater had the same reaction, so I missed it as well. :^:

FWnykYl.jpg
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Whedon stable cameos:
    Alexis Denisof (Wesley from Buffy & Angel) was The Other. (Creepy teeth dude)

Enver Gjokaj (Victor from Dollhouse) was a random cop that Cap interacted with during the final action scene.

Also,
    CraveOnline: Joss Whedon is also a master of killing off beloved characters. I’m actually a little worried about you.

Clark Gregg: Yeah, I’ve read this! I’ve read this. I’m flattered that people care, but I wish they would stop saying this because they’re going to put it in somebody’s mind! I’m talking to them about doing Iron Man 3 right now, and somebody’s going “Maybe Agent Coulson should die,” and I’m like, “Hey, hey, hey! This is the best job I’ve ever had! Stop talking about killing Agent Coulson off.”

CraveOnline: (Laughs) – Fair enough.

Clark Gregg: No, no, no. I talked to Joss Whedon early on. I said “Hey, why is everyone saying this?” And he said, “Yeah, I’ve done that before. Don’t worry. You’re safe.”
    Consiracy theory ahoy!

Coulson gets turned into Vision.

It's a long shot, but wouldn't that be awesome?

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • EddEdd Registered User regular
    Regarding that spoiler:
    It would be very, very cheap to bring back Coulson now. He went out in about the best way a lowly mortal can generally hope for in a battle between varying degrees of God, and he's central to the team's unification. Any attempt to revive him would only diminish the short but endearing run that character enjoyed.

nope

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    in regards to coulson:
    I'm soooo happy he's dead. I couldn't stand his smug little annoying self from scene 1. Shame he couldn't have died more painfully :/

You're a monster.

• evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    in regards to coulson:

You're a monster.

*dancing in the streets*

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Avengers pulled in $80.5 million on Friday, making it the second largest opening day ever (under the last Harry Potter).

Fun, depressing fact: The three movies below Avengers are all Twilight.

I actually IMDB'd the first one after noticing the 2nd one.

I wanted to see if I had missed any. :P

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Edgar wright tweeted this twitpic.com/9hnn6t yay

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
    That just further improves the likelihood of my conspiracy theory.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    That looks more like
    Ant Man than Vision.
    I believe that
    Ant Man creates Vision...right?

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    That looks more like
    Ant Man than Vision.
    I believe that
    No, Ultron does. In the comics anyway.

That looks more like
    Ant Man than Vision.
    I believe that
    No, Ultron does. In the comics anyway.
    Oops.

Well, it isn't that big of a leap if they just decide to have him create big V.

I stand by my crazy longshot.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Depends on which ant-man your talking about.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Avengers pulled in $80.5 million on Friday, making it the second largest opening day ever (under the last Harry Potter).

Fun, depressing fact: The three movies below Avengers are all Twilight.

Don't worry, soon The Hobbit will come out and people will reach *good* childrens books.

• ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Edd wrote: »
    Regarding that spoiler:
    It would be very, very cheap to bring back Coulson now. He went out in about the best way a lowly mortal can generally hope for in a battle between varying degrees of God, and he's central to the team's unification. Any attempt to revive him would only diminish the short but endearing run that character enjoyed.
    When it was revealed that Fury pulled the cards from Coulson's locker and bloodied them, I thought it was quite possible that C was still alive but Fury used the big lie to get what he needed done. I wouldn't put it past him, and it'd be in character enough for S.H.I.E.L.D that Coulson would gladly play along, if only for the chance to shock the hell out of the team later on.

I haven't seen this come up as a favorite funny moment, but:
    When Cap pulls out a roll of cash and hands Fury a $10, my group busted up. It was far enough from the set up that you could have forgotten about it, and just perfectly timed and played.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I saw this last night and I was very, very happy. What a fun movie.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Whedon stable cameos:

Enver Gjokaj (Victor from Dollhouse) was a random cop that Cap interacted with during the final action scene.

Also,
    CraveOnline: Joss Whedon is also a master of killing off beloved characters. I’m actually a little worried about you.

Clark Gregg: Yeah, I’ve read this! I’ve read this. I’m flattered that people care, but I wish they would stop saying this because they’re going to put it in somebody’s mind! I’m talking to them about doing Iron Man 3 right now, and somebody’s going “Maybe Agent Coulson should die,” and I’m like, “Hey, hey, hey! This is the best job I’ve ever had! Stop talking about killing Agent Coulson off.”

CraveOnline: (Laughs) – Fair enough.

Clark Gregg: No, no, no. I talked to Joss Whedon early on. I said “Hey, why is everyone saying this?” And he said, “Yeah, I’ve done that before. Don’t worry. You’re safe.”
    Consiracy theory ahoy!

Coulson gets turned into Vision.

It's a long shot, but wouldn't that be awesome?

Whaaat, really? Damn, I missed that.
    He isn't exactly easy to recognize in that getup, but still.

When Cap pulls out a roll of cash and hands Fury a $10, my group busted up. It was far enough from the set up that you could have forgotten about it, and just perfectly timed and played.

Man, people in my showing totally missed that. I was almost the one that laughed at first, a few joined in after 3 seconds of awkward silence :oops:

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Man, people in my showing totally missed that. I was almost the one that laughed at first, a few joined in after 3 seconds of awkward silence :oops:

Just so I'm clear...
    This was because he didn't believe he carrier could actually fly?

• ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »

Just so I'm clear...
    This was because he didn't believe he carrier could actually fly?
    The bet was about whether anything Fury showed him would surprise/shock him, as I recall.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Yeah the theater had awkward silence when that happened to us as well, but they caught on about 3 seconds after Fury took it. I think Fury's initial look at what he was doing spawned the confusion as well, but was well played, just not a good way to show the audience.

steam_sig.png
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Whedon stable cameos:

Also,
    The guy who plays Gunn in Angel is also one of the civilians getting interviewed on TV.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Serious amounts of fanboy jizz all over the theater, and I squealed like a goddamn girl through all of it. Kudos to all the writers involved, because they gave *everyone* ample screen and development time and *also* included all of the characters/lore from their individual sidemovies, while at the SAME time developing Clint and Natasha, setting them up for their own possible movies in the future. Seriously Marvel has outdone themselves again and again, and aside from Nolan's help DC had better get their ass in gear and have WB give them their own studio or some shit.

Also, the dumbasses who didn't like Whedon's direction for Wonder Woman must be kicking himself in the ass right now.

The only thing I can say was just missing, or outright cut out was :
    The Widow's sting. She obviously powered the bracelets up but I never saw her actually *use* them. Not a big deal, but since they made it obvious I figured they had a scene with her using them that got cut out.

Best scene? Yeah, everything the Hulk did along with the surprise villian at the end. Really though, everything about this movie was perfect.

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So Thanos' grin was in reference to an inside joke that only comic book fans would get. I mean average movie goers would get it on one level, but we get it on a totally different and much better level. :D

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    So Thanos' grin was in reference to an inside joke that only comic book fans would get. I mean average movie goers would get it on one level, but we get it on a totally different and much better level. :D

I WANT TO KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Lh96QHG.png

The alien said to assault Earth would be to court death. Well, Thanos already courts death...literally. He worships death, desiring to be her mate/lover whatever.

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
    Masume wrote: »

The alien said to assault Earth would be to court death. Well, Thanos already courts death...literally. He worships death, desiring to be her mate/lover whatever.

Nice.

Lh96QHG.png
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

I think the line was something like, "To go to war with humanity is to court death." And then hearing that Thanos grins. The average movie goer would think the grin means challenge accepted, whereas the comic book fan laughs because they know that Thanos quite literally has a boner for the female personification of death in the Marvel universe. There are multiple levels to that single exchange.

Edit: Damn it, beaten like a red headed step child.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    Serious amounts of fanboy jizz all over the theater, and I squealed like a goddamn girl through all of it. Kudos to all the writers involved, because they gave *everyone* ample screen and development time and *also* included all of the characters/lore from their individual sidemovies, while at the SAME time developing Clint and Natasha, setting them up for their own possible movies in the future. Seriously Marvel has outdone themselves again and again, and aside from Nolan's help DC had better get their ass in gear and have WB give them their own studio or some shit.

Also, the dumbasses who didn't like Whedon's direction for Wonder Woman must be kicking himself in the ass right now.

The Widow's sting. She obviously powered the bracelets up but I never saw her actually *use* them. Not a big deal, but since they made it obvious I figured they had a scene with her using them that got cut out.

Best scene? Yeah, everything the Hulk did along with the surprise villian at the end. Really though, everything about this movie was perfect.
    She zapped one of the not-skrulls with it.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular

Thanos literally courts Death. Like, whine her, dine her, marry her. That kind of court.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle

I must have missed it in the chaos then, all I kept seeing her use was the not-skrull staff laser things. Time to go see it a second time!

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    If I knew where to find some gamma rays I'd totally take a bath in them just on the off chance that they *might* turn me green, let alone make me a Hulk.

edited May 2012
    If I knew where to find some gamma rays I'd totally take a bath in them just on the off chance that they *might* turn me green, let alone make me a Hulk.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson ‏ @neiltyson
    The Hulk is GREEN from a potent, accidental dose of Gamma Rays. Actually, he would have died within weeks from organ failure.

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

I must have missed it in the chaos then, all I kept seeing her use was the not-skrull staff laser things. Time to go see it a second time!

She punched one in the back of the head with the sting, I believe. I'm pretty sure there was a zappy sound effect added.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

This discussion has been closed.