As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Swag: We love pens

2»

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    delwyn wrote: »
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    papaprinny wrote: »
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    I LOVE PENS!

Selective dyslexia for the win.

*runs*

-_-

Should have seen that coming.....

That's what she said :winky:

*also runs*

Sigh...

Everyone running away is not good for my self esteem.

But at least the title of the thread changed. XD

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    d3c0y wrote: »
    Act like you really love their products and help them promote their product... even if you really dont care ><.
    I've seen people win really nice swag like headphones and cooling fans from the Zalman booth just by Screaming "I love zalman". Intel prize patrol handed out prize cards to people wearing game on pins. First 2 days I didnt get a single card. Third day I went for broke and lined my laptop bag with the pins. 5 Minutes later I recieve a card, 5 minutes after that I win the i7 extreme! =P

Corrolary to this: If you are willing to make a fool of yourself, you will get good stuff.
    I won free swag from a Mountain Dew table at my university by running up to the balcony nearby and shouting "I'm king of the world and I love Mountain Dew."

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    d3c0y wrote: »
    Act like you really love their products and help them promote their product... even if you really dont care ><.
    I've seen people win really nice swag like headphones and cooling fans from the Zalman booth just by Screaming "I love zalman". Intel prize patrol handed out prize cards to people wearing game on pins. First 2 days I didnt get a single card. Third day I went for broke and lined my laptop bag with the pins. 5 Minutes later I recieve a card, 5 minutes after that I win the i7 extreme! =P

Corrolary to this: If you are willing to make a fool of yourself, you will get good stuff.
    I won free swag from a Mountain Dew table at my university by running up to the balcony nearby and shouting "I'm king of the world and I love Mountain Dew."

Back in 08 i think Antec had something close to that. Good fun was had by all.

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    papaprinny wrote: »
    Having attended each PAX, I can confirm the above sentiments. Free swag is worthless. Most if not all of it ends up in your trash can.

I actually still have all my old swag from 08, as well as the stuff Winyder brought me from 09 and the couple things (one for me, one for Brian) from East. And while the trinket stuff is stored away, the shirts are my swag kryptonite. I haven't had to buy PJs in years. :D

Same here! Posters from previous PAXes are rolled up and stored for when I get my own place, my Killer Heatsink necklace be hangin' off my monitor, inflatable shoulder-mounted Rappy chillin' on my bedpost, nVidia GTX 275 awaiting installation (still)...I even boxed up all the little papers and ads that cropped up, just for whatever future use they might be good for.

Heck, every year it's PAX that defines my wardrobe for the next 365 days 8-) I kid you not, every single one of the 35 t-shirts I got at '09 are stuffed in my drawers for continuous wearage, alongside even older shirts from '08 and beyond (Champions Online or Uncharted 1, anyone?)

I am a swagaholic, and proud of it.

Oh, and just so this is on-topic: Visit multiple booths, involve yourself for 5-10 minutes in the handler's lives, accept swag, and move on - rinse, repeat, and you'll end up with a haul like mine:
    ztzz9k.jpg

This took four Resistance 2 bags to carry

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    pobblebonkpobblebonk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sunday is a good day to load up... the exhibitors will most likely have left over crap they only made for PAX and don't want to haul as much back. Therefore you can tour around the hall while everyone else is doing final panels/closing ceremony and get the good stuff. Also, Mega64 threw their DVDs they charged $5 for during the last 15 minutes in the expo hall. But yeah, I scored 5-10 T-Shirts just by strolling around, and if you see a stack of goodies and you tried their stuff, they'll most likely put two and two together.

EDIT: BYOC payed me back +$150-170 over with a sweet bag. And other people got well over $100 more in nice computer shtuff.

Yeah, that one booth that was doing the slot machine style giveaways just handed out all of their Baconnaise jars when the Exhibition Hall was closing on Sunday. I got there too late though.

pobblebonk on
This discussion has been closed.