As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(OOC) Rogue Trader: A Fresh Start

• Options
    npc.EXEnpc.EXE Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In regards to the interrogation:

- Is the captain in the adjacent room with us, or doing the interrogation?

- Have they resorted to torture methods yet?

- I don't want them getting too into their work and killing the guy without us getting the info... any way to talk my way in... maybe a Tristen charm test of some kind?

I need these for story ideas... please and thank you.

Also, YAY BEST BOLT PISTOL.

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    He's in with the suspect/victim. He hasn't resorted to torture yet, but it's starting to look mighty tempting. It's plausible you could talk your way in to have a go yourselves, as he will need to take a break at some point in the near future.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Then I have two requests. Colt, try and charm him. Chrysis... please don't move his story forward until Colt gets a chance to post... PLEASE?

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Will do, I'm going to try and post less often now that we've finished murdering. I guess try and act more as a guide than a story teller.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    lodwilklodwilk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sorry about my delay, went a bit heavy on the end of exams partying yesterday. As for sending Vorgan after a map, he's a Explorator, of course he would have no problem going after it. Hell he might want a copy for himself.

lodwilk on
  • Options
    GothicLargoGothicLargo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Herm, with Lodwik still driving his character yours seemed like the most logical pick to send out on the next mission. If you don't mind....

Mikaela slept through a conference and is now in possession of the stone, a slate recording of said conference, and a mission to go turn those into a map or guide.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The profit factor is currently sitting at 43 :) So you get your Auspex/Scanner well within the groups abilities.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Herm, with Lodwik still driving his character yours seemed like the most logical pick to send out on the next mission. If you don't mind....

Mikaela slept through a conference and is now in possession of the stone, a slate recording of said conference, and a mission to go turn those into a map or guide.

A map ? That wasn't clear at all. Unless the Explorator has another idea. She's going to got beat up random people until they talk. :P

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

A map ? That wasn't clear at all. Unless the Explorator has another idea. She's going to got beat up random people until they talk. :P

You're right. Do that.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Um, a thought if I may. Why not ask Dray?

He is a Loremaster after all...

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Your common sense is cramping my style.

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Your common sense is cramping my style.

Aye.

For that matter I could have also rolled up on Scholastic Lore: Astromancy. But I can do both of those things while Vorgan and Mikaela try busting skulls.

We're nearing the end of the parts Herm, Chrysis, and I have already done in our past campaign so pretty soon here I'll have to stop chewing on the scenery.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Just waiting on Colt. I'm not a fellowship type character... so I'm relying on his charm talent.

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    lodwilklodwilk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sadly Vorgan does not have the Trade Armourer skill to install the suspensor. Although once we get our first 100 xp I think i will go ahead and spend it on getting that.

lodwilk on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Pretty sure it's straightforward enough that tech-use can be used for that. Or technomat.
    I always thought the entry in weapon upgrade was for those who wish to upgrade their weapons without buying the proper pieces.

After all, how hard can it be to install a scope ?

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'd agree for a scope, but anti-grav suspensors are probably a little bit more complicated than just duct-taping them on. I'm planning to award some XP once you leave port, and that's not going to be too far off once you have your map. And the map shouldn't be too hard to find.

You options boil down to:

1. Ask the navy to check it's records. They will, but it will take time.
    2. Go through the pubs asking voidfarers if they recognise the description. Again, it'll work, but it isn't the most discrete.
    3. Find a Stellar Cartographer, of which there are a number on the station. Finding one should be easy enough, and they probably won't ask any questions.

EDIT:

Yes, you could compel him to take a break if he starts to get a little rough. He may not even notice if it's worded right. Although you'll want to keep the strength down so you don't manifest daemons in the middle of the precint complex.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Chrysis wrote: »
    You options boil down to:

1. Ask the navy to check it's records. They will, but it will take time.
    2. Go through the pubs asking voidfarers if they recognise the description. Again, it'll work, but it isn't the most discrete.
    3. Find a Stellar Cartographer, of which there are a number on the station. Finding one should be easy enough, and they probably won't ask any questions.

I will acknowledge that I did a pretty crummy job of leading into this phase of the story.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Chrysis wrote: »
    Yes, you could compel him to take a break if he starts to get a little rough. He may not even notice if it's worded right. Although you'll want to keep the strength down so you don't manifest daemons in the middle of the precint complex.

Yes, we wouldn't want any more psychic phenomena happening... now would we?

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well.... on the one hand I wouldn't mind if you summoned a Keeper of Secrets in the interrogation room. But on the other it would derail things quite spectacularly and that would mean me doing a lot of work to try and get things back on track :)

Chrysis on
  • Options
    ColtColt .45 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Awesome. Seven hour drive and I don't expect much to happen and instead everything happens. I'll need a min...

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Kick ass. I go to read and try to make a post and get a database error and can't get to the forum. I'll do it tomorrow....

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Still hoping Colt will get his chance here Chrysis.

Sorry to hear about your seven hour car drive. Oouch...

Now charm the pants off of him!

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    He will, I'm not going to move things along until people have had their say. This was more to create an actual opportunity rather than get things going.

I'd be exhausted after a seven hour car trip as well, so there's plenty of time to recover.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Awesome. By the by, you've inspired me to GM a in house game. Starts in two weeks. Gotta work them through the paperwork. :P

EDIT: ...and now he's logged off again without posting anything. :( Colt, wherefore art thou?

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm glad I'm being inspirational :)

I certainly want to try running RT in the flesh. Potential players are extremely few and far between out here though. Having said that, I am in a small group playing some D&D with a campaign that's due to wrap up sometime during the summer. I'm thinking of suggesting RT or maybe Deathwatch as a replacement. Not that any of them know 40K at all, so that might rule out Deathwatch.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I've got two in three in flesh people and two more we're going to run with through skype. I'm mulling trying openrpg for it to make visualization easier but I'm not so great at it and may go 'fuck it' and set them up through a webcam.

EDIT: Oh, and maybe give C'thulu: Dark Corners of the Earth a shot. It's a wacky screwed up good time.

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Posted. Sorry for being late on this one. I'm not at home and won't be until Saturday. Didn't expect to be away from the computer this much over the last two days. I would have had this last night had I not gotten that database error. :/

And my rolls are still terribad.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'd have a look at maptools as well. I've had a small play with both and while I couldn't make heads or tails of openrpg, I've been able to put together basic maps for maptools with only a small amount of effort. Someone has made a DH module for maptools but I probably with that nonsense myself, just enforce everything manually.

EDIT: Don't worry about it, one of the benefits of PbP is the tolerance of timing problems :)

EDIT EDIT: Charm is an opposed test, and I'm not thinking there should be modifiers to it. But because it's opposed you should reroll until you pass the test. I'm going to be using the "If both parties fail, reroll until someone clearly wins" setup for the opposed stuff.

For Reference, he fails his first reply attempt with a 38 vs. a target of 33.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Charm is an interaction test, so anything that gives bonuses to these is good.
    Also stuff that gives bonuses to Fel tests like Peer or Good Reputation.

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Holy shit Colt. Invisible Castle seems to hate you as much as real dice hate me! :(

We and this website must have words...

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    npc.EXE wrote: »
    Holy shit Colt. Invisible Castle seems to hate you as much as real dice hate me! :(

Every roll I've made so far has ended with my forehead against my desk.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010

It'd be fucking great if we were playing Alternity... not so much in a d100 game.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Herm, lodwilk,

I just read Chrysis's latest IC post. Just an FYI, my character is a straight arrow heretic hater. That doesn't mean don't take the job, it just means... don't tell Falk you took the job. Just get him to do what you need him to do in order to take the job.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So you're a straight and narrow Gothic? Maybe you can try to hedge your fame and faith with the local navy station or something?

Also, I don't want to insult the offended Sargent any further but maybe we can ask the high mucky mucky cop what he/she thinks about our captive friend?

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So you're a straight and narrow Gothic?

I'm a navy schola who blew up a heretic fleet in a would-be kamikaze attack.
    Maybe you can try to hedge your fame and faith with the local navy station or something?

Between charm and our high profit factor we probably COULD do that but I'm just as happy to step back from the story from time to time. I acknowledge openly that I overact at times and dominate scenes.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well I'm stepping back because A: don't want to be Mr. we don't know who to fix it be Mr. Deus Ex and force it along and B: Colt! Think laterally and roll better dammit! :P

I haven't seen you over act yet Largo. I'm sure if you do Chrysis will hit the brake. Or I'll glass cannon you. One of the two.

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well I'm stepping back because A: don't want to be Mr. we don't know who to fix it be Mr. Deus Ex and force it along and B: Colt! Think laterally and roll better dammit! :P

I haven't seen you over act yet Largo. I'm sure if you do Chrysis will hit the brake. Or I'll glass cannon you. One of the two.

Actually as an Astropath you might as well overact because you're damned ultimately anyway. Psyker characters die in 40k games, if they're lucky.

If they aren't lucky then they get possessed AND THEN die.

I woulda figured you would try 'commanding' the whole damn precinct to "let me try this", and then march in there, say "WHO SENT YOU" and rip it from his mind Bester style, while the Seneschal rummages through their files by slipping some money here and there. Bing bang problem solved, move on to the next encounter.

I mean Team 2 is nearly done getting us a destination, while Team 1 is still about a day in the past trying to get a chance to find out who our competition is.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    *cracks hands*

Ok, I'm back at home and can post consistently again.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    YESSSSSSSSSSSS.

My IC post assumes you're already in there talking by the way Colt.

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    POKE !
    Before we sink into oblivion !

Hermenegilde on