As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Utah PAX Mob meetup

61Ranchero61Ranchero Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in PAX Archive
Calling all Utah PAX potential attendees:

EDIT: Event announcement

UT PAX Mob Meetup

When: 8/14/10, 12:00pm
Where: Lagoon Amusement Park
375 Lagoon Drive
Farmington, UT 84025-2554
(801) 451-8000
lagoonpark.com‎

We will meet at the carousel. I’ll be there waiting at 11:30am. I will be at the park earlier as I expect many others will as well. Feel free to connect with anyone here or via the Facebook group to hang around before or after the meetup.

EDIT: I'll be wearing a PAX East T-shirt.

Contests:
Munchkin Cthulhu, single game. First player to level 10 wins (house rule: must count to 3 after pulling a monster you can beat or looking for trouble. This is how the “2.6 second rule” on the play flowchart will be implemented). Materials will be provided.

Mario Kart DS. Please bring your own copy of the game if possible. Heats will be decided by number of players (if more than 8). The winner will be the final winner of the final heat. Don’t count on someone having a copy of the game or a Nintendo DS for you to use. If you don’t have a DS, the original “fat” systems are quite cheap used.
The winner of each contest will be awarded a bag of “swag” from PAX East and possibly some other misc. stuff. No promise on content. Don’t expect anything of huge value; this is for fun.

Sorry, no food. I couldn’t reserve a picnic area so I can’t guarantee we’d have a place to eat it.

Also, there is no “no ride” cheap ticket. Lagoon only does full price admission. I’m sure they used to offer a no-ride pass years ago but they don’t now.

Please RSVP so I can have an idea who to expect. If you’re going to be more than 15 minutes late, please let me know so I can see if we can keep you from missing anything.

PM me (on the PA forums) or message me on Facebook for my phone number.

Note: Costco in SLC has discount Lagoon passes (35.99 vs. 42.99 at the gate). Let me know via pm or message on FB if you want me to buy a cheaper pass for you and we'll work something out.

I am trying to coordinate people from Utah for a mass traveling/raiding/general good time for PAX this year as well as just finding more like minded people in the state.

EDIT: People in nearby areas without access to a PAX-friendly population are more than welcome.

I've created a Facebook Utah Pax Mob page here: http://tinyurl.com/yfrx3x9

Also, if you'd like to join the UT carpool group, please fill out the spreadsheet here: http://tinyurl.com/2bbfh7t

61Ranchero on

• Options
    SrolSrol Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I can see Utah from one of the mesas down here in the Four Corners. Does that count?

Srol on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Absolutely! The meetup will probably be in the SLC area but as long as you're comfortable with that, feel free to join in.

61Ranchero on
  • Options
    NeoNeo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There are a number of guys down here in Orem/PG area. Glad to see that there are other PAX'ers in the area.

Neo on
    -- This space for rent --
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Glad to have ya!

I'm starting to research possible meetup locations and will be posting them soon. Suggestions are welcome.

61Ranchero on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Suggestions so far:

Lagoon amusement park http://www.lagoonpark.com/ :

Entry: 42.95

Pro:

A small but decent amusement park with rides, arcade, games, waterpark, etc.
    Picnic areas for the meetup
    Decent but expensive food options (having a picnic area might help mitigate that)

Con:

Most expensive option

Boondocks Fun Center http://www.boondocksfuncenter.com/ :

Pro:

Although not as extensive as a full blown amusement park, still lots of ways to be entertained
    Unlimited pass or pay as you go.

Con:

Cheaper but not necessarily cheap. $24.95 for the unlimited pass.

Nickelcade http://www.nickel-cade.com/home.html :

Pro:

Cheapest of all the options.
    A pretty good arcade with some classic games, pinball and newer games

Con:

Lots of the games are broken
    Fewest number of things to do
    Facilities are so-so and onsite food options are limited

61Ranchero on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    If you're interested in attending a meetup for this group, please go to http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/482396 and vote on the location

61Ranchero on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Only 11 more days until the poll ends. If you haven't voted yet, head over now. Meetup announcement will be made first week of June.

http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/482396

61Ranchero on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Short note: Lagoon won the poll. I'll be looking at reserving a terrace for us next week. I'm pretty sure there is a basic pass you can buy to get into the part for the folks who can't afford or have no intention of using a full ride pass.

I'm planning on bringing some form of meat. It'd be awesome if we could get some "pot luck" volunteers. So far there should be a max of 15 people with the actual number probably being lower.

More info coming next week. Once things are finalized I'll drop it on the OP

61Ranchero on
  • Options
    Tb0neTb0ne Registered User new member
    edited June 2010
    Hello! I'm up in Logan and would love to share a ride up to PAX. I'm also just moved here from Seattle too so I can navigate when we get there. I'm set for a place to stay but still need a way to get there. I'll share gas costs and even drive to share the burden. Let me know if there's a free spot before I buy a plane ticket. The only thing is I can only take the Thursday before and the Monday after off, so I'm kind of inflexible that way. Anyway let me know if there's a seat. A carpool would be awesome.

Tb0ne on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hi, all. Just a quick update. I'm sorry I haven't yet got you all a date for the meetup but work has been a little crazy. I've set a deadline to get it done for next week.

I intend to discuss the car pool issue with everyone at the meetup but, in the meantime we can certainly discuss that here as well.

Pre-emptively, we just bought a good condition, low mileage car and will most likely be taking that. However, it's tiny so we could only haul two other people with us. Rentals are also worth discussing. Be thinking about it, peeps, and we'll talk about more in the near future (promise).

61Ranchero on
  • Options
    Th3Prince4Th3Prince4 Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    hey i'm in the SLC area with two of my friends. we could probably come to the meetup. we already have all of our traveling and hotels ready but we'd be interested in meeting all the other utah pax goers

Th3Prince4 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ordered 20 PAX Mob buttons. I'm keeping at least 6 for the wife and I and 2 are reserved. Let me know if you want some.

Also, if you want a lot more or just to be independent, I can email you the psd file used for the buttons.

Note: I'm not much of a graphic artist :-)

61Ranchero on
  • Options
    jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I hope this isn't imposing too much on the thread, but for Tb0ne and anyone else looking for a carpool situation, I live up in Jackson and have plenty of room in my car. I'm meeting up with the CCST in Butte at 1:30am on Thursday. Other than that, I'm VERY flexible as I am off work between Tuesday (31st) until the Wednesday following PAX. If someone was willing to split gas for the trip, I would even be willing to make the trip down to SLC to do a pick-up. It's worth it to me because a) IKEA!! and b) having another driver or even just someone to keep me awake will make this drive so much easier. It does make the trip from SLC 150% longer though according to google maps. Like I said, I don't want to derail, so if you've got any interest PM me :whistle:

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    At this point, I didn't get a whole lot of interest in a car pool prior to needing to make the decision to buy plane tickets so the wife and are flying at this point. Of course, that shouldn't affect anybody else's plans.

61Ranchero on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Utah PAX mob meetup this Saturday at Lagoon! Woohoo! Hope to see as many of you there as possible. See the OP for event details.

61Ranchero on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, sadly it appears no one showed up.

Still got two bags 'o swag and some buttons. We're three weeks out from PAX. You guys want to try something cheaper?

61Ranchero on
This discussion has been closed.