As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nature [Chat]

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Whoa new local news girl is kind of cute.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've got a gift certificate for a massage. I think I'll use it this week.

Mmm. I always feel like I've taken a bunch of valium after a massage.

Try taking some valium just before the massage.
    Or some E

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cinders wrote: »
    So wait it's like what? Like a story? I don't get it sort of.

It's an horror series done through youtube and twitter.

Oh OK cool.

Closest comparison would be The Ring.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited April 2010

I was just thinking about this song the other day.

Feral on

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh jesus if I took E before a massage I'd... I don't even know.

Well I'd probably try to make them play Tranceport and crack some glow sticks, so it's not likely we'd get to the massage bit.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oh jesus if I took E before a massage I'd... I don't even know.

Well I'd probably try to make them play Tranceport and crack some glow sticks, so it's not likely we'd get to the massage bit.

I wonder how valium would work with a candyflip. It's not metabolized by CYP2D6 so there wouldn't be any acute interaction risk.

Don't try this at home, kids. I'm a professional.

Feral on

• Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    So wait it's like what? Like a story? I don't get it sort of.

It's an horror series done through youtube and twitter.

Oh OK cool.

Closest comparison would be The Ring.

I knew a girl who the night after she watched that movie in the theatre, accidentally left the water running too long to make a hot bath.

And then as she saw the water all over the floor the phone rang. Needless to say she freaked a bit.

I for one had to sleep on the couch that night and I made damn sure the remote wasn't on the couch because I was afraid of accidentally turning it on and freaking out.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, The Ring hells of creeped me out, too.

Feral on

• Options
    edited April 2010
    I forget.

What's the candyflip? Acid and mdma? Or fungus and mdma? Either way... that's always sounded awful.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Taking E before a massage would be too much. You would knock the table over.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    First time I watched The Ring it was in a darkened basement and it ended about 4 AM. I was 14 or 15, and just then someone decided to call my house phone (quite unusual). I was startled.

TL DR on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I forget.

What's the candyflip? Acid and mdma? Or fungus and mdma? Either way... that's always sounded awful.

The former. Fungi/molly is commonly known as the 'hippie flip'.

TL DR on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man posting in the ff14 thread is reminding me why I don't post in the mmorpg forum "Look I'm not saying your a retard but people who rp slow my exp down by .5% thats just insanity man!"

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I forget.

The former. Fungi/molly is commonly known as the 'hippie flip'.

Goddamn.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    As someone who doesn't deal with gore very well, The Ring is one of the only "horror" movies I can watch.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    My favorite horror movie is Jacob's Ladder. It's a great movie, honest.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    As someone who doesn't deal with gore very well, The Ring is one of the only "horror" movies I can watch.

If you want a similar movie look up the Thing not gorey at all, hell of a mindfuck...

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    First time I watched The Ring it was in a darkened basement and it ended about 4 AM. I was 14 or 15, and just then someone decided to call my house phone (quite unusual). I was startled.

first time I watched it was at band practice and after it was over, a guy who practicly did nothing (He was supposed to be a DJ and we didnt even have a turntable...shutup, i know it was stupid) got a nosebleed and then the phone rang.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I still have to vote for Halloween for the best though. It's just got such great atmosphere.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    mike and i were playing BC2 but then our raging hormones took over and we just started having ruthless, violent phonesex

Organichu on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

If you want a similar movie look up the Thing not gorey at all, hell of a mindfuck...

Or the original Psycho.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I still have to vote for Halloween for the best though. It's just got such great atmosphere.

Meh halloween is great for the time, but as a movie that scares me just not up there. Now fucking Jaws? Shit I'm still afraid of the water.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    mike and i were playing BC2 but then our raging hormones took over and we just started having ruthless, violent phonesex

It was a good thing your brother was on hand to run in and spray you down with Faygo before things got out of hand.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Also, I fired up an emulator and started playing Gradius III. Um...I suck.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    On November 26, 1996, Charles Grob, M.D. visited with Albert Hofmann in Rheinfelden, outside of Basel, Switzerland, where Dr. Hofmann was recovering from knee surgery. The following are excerpts from their conversation.
    CG: It appears that young people are once again becoming interested in psychedelics and MDMA. We also have this new phenomenon of the rave, where young people take substances like MDMA and dance all night. What is your view on why these young people seek out such experiences? How can we respond to what they are doing?

AH: This is a very, very deep problem of our time in that we no longer have a religious basis in our lives. Even with religion, with the churches, they are no longer convincing with their dogma. And people need a deep spiritual foundation for their lives. In older times it was religion, with their dogmas, which people believed in, but today those dogmas no longer work. We cannot believe things which we know are not possible, that are not real. We must go on the basis of what we know, that everybody can experience. On this basis, you must find the entrance to the spiritual world. Because many young people are looking for meaningful experiences, they are looking for this thing which is the opposite of the material world. Not all young people are looking for money and power. Some are looking for a happiness and satisfaction which is of the spiritual world, not the materialistic world. They are looking, but there are no sanctioned paths. And, of course, one of the ways young people are using is with psychedelic drugs.

CG: What would you say to young people?

AH: What I would say would most certainly be: Open your eyes! The doors of perception must be opened. That means these young people must learn by their own experience, to see the world as it was before human beings were on this planet. That is the real problem today, that people live in towns and cities, where everything is dead. This material world, made by humans, is a dead world, and will disappear and die. I would tell the young people to go out into the countryside, go to the meadow, go to the garden, go to the woods. This is a world of nature to which we belong, absolutely. It is the circle of life, of which we are an integral part. Open your eyes, and see the browns and greens of the earth, and the light which is the essence of nature. The young need to become aware of this circle of life, and realize that it is possible to experience the beauty and deep meaning which is at the core of our relation to nature.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    the horror movies that often freak me out involve old ladies and mental illness and shit

like, once they start jumping on walls and shooting tongues everywhere i'm aroused, sure, but i'm not as frightened

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

It was a good thing your brother was on hand to run in and spray you down with Faygo before things got out of hand.

it was so fucking amazing

i was BC2'ing with will and nerdgasmic and i was quizzing my brother out loud about ICP for them to hear

it was great

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm friends with the creator of Marble Hornets on FB...

Should I msg him and tell him to stop wiffin in the club, Y\N?

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    the horror movies that often freak me out involve old ladies and mental illness and shit

like, once they start jumping on walls and shooting tongues everywhere i'm aroused, sure, but i'm not as frightened

Man thats disturbing. Organichu's posts are the scariest movie to me.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Uh, I seem to recall hearing about a "transformation" scene that was quite grotesque, so I think I'll pass on that.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »

Tell him to put a fucking video up more than once a month.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Old ladies are scary. Old white Southern ladies are insanely terrifying.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Uh, I seem to recall hearing about a "transformation" scene that was quite grotesque, so I think I'll pass on that.

Yeah that was more of a joke guids, thing while a scary movie is a gorefest before gorefests were big.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    AH: Everyone just go and shroom, yeah?

firewaterword on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wonder if this movie was any good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdjFcoe2950

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »

Tell him to put a fucking video up more than once a month.

both of the guys who work on it are full time college students, and also it's been shit weather to film outside until this month. We have gotten so much snow and thats held them back from filming a lot this winter.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Man thats disturbing. Organichu's posts are the scariest movie to me.

i've had BC2 for a couple of days why haven't i gotten to play with you

Organichu on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2010

:lol:

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    here is a seriously scary movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bf4QVM0RII

so fucking good.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hey orgy sorry i hadda bail, am on a phone call

MikeMan on
This discussion has been closed.