As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini] Phantastic Revolution, Prologue: GAME OVER, Ixbilt victory!

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    don't feel bad Ron.

it happens alot.

lonelyahava on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    We could have four kills to the vote tonight... but I doubt it

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    kime wrote: »
    I AM YOUR GOD OF LIGHTNING, FEAR AND WORSHIP ME
    It started in the inFamous Mini when I was Cole, the main lightning dude, and was pretty much all-powerful. I have fun sporadically with it :P.

I guess if you truly have become Thor, there is only one thing I can transform myself into.
    30659.gif

Game on

A broken link?

I ACCEPT

Yes a broken link for only kime. My mischievous powers are already in play.

The_Reflection on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You are all bad.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Vote Closed. If my computer clock is accurate.

Results should be up within the next hour; PMs after results. No one failed to vote.

Lucedes on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Woohoo!

samurai6966 on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    dammit

samurai

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sam, I think you need to fix your location so it says "Nixon"

unless you voted for a hair loss medication

slightly more believable

simonwolf on
    edited April 2010
    I have to give you all credit - this is an extremely amusing situation. Narration in a bit.

Lucedes on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    oh nooooo~

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited April 2010
    That was such a random woohoo. Not sure why I felt it.

samurai6966 on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    We're all going to die, aren't we.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    edited April 2010
    Growing Hostilities

All of the foreigners had arrived, and settled into their quarters in the town's four inns. The mood was tense all over town – parents kept their children indoors, and the shops were doing less business than usual. Everyone could feel something starting. Different groups muttered among themselves, staring moodily into cups of ale, wine, grog, juice, and even oil. A few people were openly discussing the situation in town, and what could be done about it, but most kept to themselves. That is, until the sun began to set.

The suspicion grew until it was almost unbearable – finally, a number of people concurrently decided to strike. After it had started, everyone began to choose targets and throw punches, and it grew into a full-fledged firefight. Chaos reigned briefly in the streets – gunshots, magical fires, and the clash of steel on steel resounded. Inexplicable and convoluted power struggles took shape in the back alleys, around the outskirts of town, and even in empty shops and storehouses.

A lot of the violence was shapeless – for the most part, unfocused and undirected strikes, which proved ineffective. People's targets were frequently chosen on what seemed like a whim – after all, most of these strangers had yet to make a reputation for themselves. A number of very talented combatants stayed their hands, preferring to choose the right moment to strike – or perhaps simply failing to notice the mayhem outside.

Despite this, many of the participants noticed a tall, clanking figure move into range, and figured it was the best target for their efforts. They decided to run it out of town, attacking him with fists, fangs, blasts of fire, and sheer strength of numbers. Though he put up a great fight, The Observer could not continue to function under such a heavy and coordinated barrage, and was forced to make a tactical retreat to avoid total systems failure; it would not resurface for years, decades, perhaps even centuries. Another stranger also came under heavy suspicion; even The Observer found time to fire a parting shot, and the Beast Slayer Atreya crumpled under a hail of assorted projectiles.

After a time, the chaos died down again – ammunition and mana were running low, fatigue had set in, and it was too dark to see properly any longer. Some found themselves bruised and confused with what had happened, but few found themselves with anything more than scrapes. Only one person found themselves very wounded – and they weren't even cut or shot, merely mysteriously drained of strength.

It was a relatively bloodless night, compared to the villager's initial expectations, but there were more nights yet to come. Many, many more nights, from the looks of things.

Vote Results:

Dunadan019 won the popular vote, the Natural vote, and the Magical vote.
    lonelyahava won the Technological vote.

Dead:

Dunadan019 : The Observer, a solitary figure.
    lonelyahava : Atreya, of the Beast Slayers.

Wounded:

ronrab

PMs will be out soonish, very likely within the next hour.

Lucedes on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I predict Day One Victory - Malkor

awww

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Poor Dunadan - dead and a loner in a faction game? Ow.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited April 2010
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Sam, I think you need to fix your location so it says "Nixon"

unless you voted for a hair loss medication

slightly more believable

What you talking about? Its say Nixon.

<.<
    >.>
    LOOK! Its Elvis!

samurai6966 on
  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lookit what you did! Now I 'ave to wear this bloody peg-leg! Arrrr!

ronrab on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Poor Dunadan - dead and a loner in a faction game? Ow.

That is a harsh burn.

Toxic Toys on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Here lies Dunadan, he died as he lived - having it coming.

simonwolf on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    That link worked for me kime.

He fixed it.

Also, notice who's not dead? Me.

Anyone wanna take bets on how long that'll last?

Hint:
    If you guess "long after everyone else's carcasses have cooled and rotted," then you'd be right!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Everyone who stacked votes on duna is an idiot.

Done.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    That link worked for me kime.

He fixed it.

Also, notice who's not dead? Me.

Anyone wanna take bets on how long that'll last?

Hint:
    If you guess "long after everyone else's carcasses have cooled and rotted," then you'd be right!

I fixed nothing, your puny brain just can't understand the web I weave.

The_Reflection on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    OooooOOOooooOOO

I hope you all get eaten by the Beast.

OooooOOOOooooOOOOO

lonelyahava on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Everyone who stacked votes on duna is an idiot.

Done.

Why? It kept most people alive through Day One so all sides could gain information without causalities they don't want yet.
    And we learned about a number of people who are most likely to be technological.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    edited April 2010
    I think... ehhhh... it can wait

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am of course the person mysteriously drained of strength, and would deeply appreciate any healing if someone can spare it.

ronrab on
    edited April 2010
    PMs are all out. You should have gotten one, if you did anything to anyone and anyone did anything to you that isn't obvious from the narration. Let me know if you should have received one, and you didn't, or if you did receive one that you shouldn't have.

I know why narrations and results take so long, now. Good lord.

Lucedes on
    edited April 2010
    Let's call this a... hunch... that !vagrant_winds can tell us something about the missing faction

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ringo wrote: »
    Let's call this a... hunch... that !vagrant_winds can tell us something about the missing faction

What do you mean exactly?

Dunadan019 won the popular vote, the Natural vote, and the Magical vote.
    lonelyahava won the Technological vote.

People that voted for lonelyahava: NotoriousBEN, Ringo, ronrab, Toxic Toys, The_Reflection

That's all three of Natural/Magical/Technological accounted for, unless you're talking about something else.

vagrant_winds on
    edited April 2010
    Clarification:

Innate Qualities that add vote-effects are still active while you are wounded. Powers are ineffective and cannot be used (or do not take effect) while you are wounded. Just a preemptive note for your calculations, if any.

Lucedes on
    edited April 2010
    Yup, I feel pretty confident now.

What's your win condition Vagrant?

Come on... you can tell me.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited April 2010
    Oh, I did forget a PM. Sorry! Sending it now.

EDIT: Sent.

Lucedes on
  • FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    sounds like you already know it Ringo. Why don't you share? Seems like vw is quiet about it so.

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited April 2010
    FrostMist wrote: »
    sounds like you already know it Ringo. Why don't you share? Seems like vw is quiet about it so.

It's called PMs you silly goose.

vagrant_winds on
    edited April 2010
    FrostMist wrote: »

It's called PMs you silly goose.

but that's not sharing with us ;-) and we're all curious here

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Modification:

I've determined that my balancing is off, slightly, in the direction of defensive powers. In short, Attacks suck, and there are too many defenses against them. In order to combat this, wounds last two full days instead of one if left untreated, which makes more sense, and allows more kills / night. As awesome as this mini may or may not be, we really don't want to be playing this for ten full days.

An example:

ronrab is wounded on night one. Under the older, less-clear rules, he recovered at the very beginning of day three. Under the new, clearer rules, ronrab is wounded on day two and on day three, and recovers on day four. ronrab can still vote and scheme, so it is not too much of an inconvenience, but it allows time for vengeful assassins to track him down and finish him in a slightly less frantic manner than before. In addition, it moves healing abilities from the 'total suck' tier to the 'okay' tier.

Hopefully this is the very last little tweak I make. Thank you all for your patience! I am trying to be a good host, and this seems necessary to me.

Lucedes on
    edited April 2010
    If you want Luc, you can send me all role and who has them. I'll help you balance them :D

Toxic Toys on
    edited April 2010
    FrostMist, if nobody in your faction is talking to me then you're missing out.

t Lucedes, when you constantly pick on ronrab we all know that it means you like him. :P

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited April 2010
    Ringo; tell me who's talking with you and I'll see if my faction is there or not

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Well sure there's.... oooooohhhh

Actually I'd have to check the votes but I'm pretty sure I know who you are

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG