As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] Clone Wars... The End

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Ok, so, in the interests of time she would go for simple but somewhat obscuring

So how about

250px-WilstMolan.jpg

and

250px-Plaushe.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2012
    She would maybe try to pad their clothes to make them both look fat, and to cover up her armor underneath... is that reasonable or pushing it

E: like

LilleaBringbit.jpg

Quoth on
  • Options
    Okay, a post is up but I can keep going and get them into the club if you want

Also I think Sheltay might have tried to hide Padme's speeder or send someone else off with it as a diversionary tactic

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    good work quoth

i'll get a post up soon, and then we'll move it along

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    sick

• Options
    also Quoth

you gotta come up with some fake star wars names for Sheltay and Padme :P

oh, and have you decided how Sheltay knows who Elan is yet?

as it turns out your stealth roll being low meant he spotted you really easily

however, even if he is familiar with Sheltay, he won't have figured out who she is through her disguise... or padme for that matter

and we can figure out how you want to deal with him from here

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    just one more thing i must mention

and this is my fault of course for letting the game lapse long enough for its continuity to get messy

Quoth wrote:
    Her eyes hardened. Tertiary objective: find Casso and stop him. By any means necessary.

As far as Sheltay knows, Casso is dead.

He died fighting in the skies overhead, laying seige to Coruscant with the Separatist Fleet. He was unable to shake the influence of Count Dooku, and his own troubled mind. He died angry. He died fighting... and he died without Sheltay. Before she left for Coruscant it seemed like Casso was really trying to do the right thing. He was questioning his beliefs about the Separatists, and especially about Dooku. He returned Bail Organa to Alderaan. He sincerely wished to return Alderaan to the Republic. But he was still a wanted criminal, an "Enemy of the Republic"... as was Sheltay before she left for Coruscant under Organa's protection.

Sheltay heard him talk many times about the Republic. How it was destroying the Jedi. How it was enslaving its citizens. How an insidious corruption was consuming it from the inside. What's happening right now is exactly the kind of crazy shit that Casso said was going to happen. It was really, really hard to believe him... but he believed in it so strongly. He wasn't like many of Bail Organa's allies in the Senate, who thought the Republic was taking a bad turn but didn't want to ruin their lives or reputations over it. He was passionate about the fate of the Republic in a way that compelled him to take action. He left everything behind because of that belief, that vision of his that he couldn't shake. And it was the end of him.

Was he frightening? Yeah, he was. He did horrible things in the name of his cause. He had some sort of hatred burning inside him that did terrible things when it got out. It hijacked his reason, his coimpassion, and the better parts of himself. He had become that dangerous sort of person who gets involved in bloody revolutions. There's probably a planet in the outer rim that has a statue of him holding up the severed head of their former sovereign. The violence he had wrought in the galaxy was a big part of what was breaking him.

There has been little to no time to mourn Casso, to reflect on who he really was. Padme is the only person Sheltay knows who has really acknowledged his death to her. Heck, she was actually very sorry to hear about Casso's death, even while mourning her own husband.

Padme and Sheltay both need to escape Coruscant.

But what is it that is chasing them?

If Casso was right... it is that elusive enemy he was fighting against. The enemy he could never find. The enemy he could never defeat. The enemy that must have destroyed him.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    jimninjajimninja Registered User regular
    casso = turd

0198ec55.jpg
  • Options
    So... Who should she want dead then because things gotta blow up

Also she knows that guy from, uh, something she had to do for Bail at some point? Maybe Bail needed information or some strange item, information sounds more likely

Keeping an ear to the ground kind of thing

• Options
    Things are falling all to shit right now and unfortunately there's no apparent cause. It seemed to come right out of nowhere... one day the militarized Republic decided that they could kill whoever they wanted. The kinda impossible-sounding shit Casso said would go down one day. Perhaps Alderaan is a good target for this reason, too. If it is neutral she may be able to figure out what went wrong... and then blow it up.

Sheltay knows Elan because she's used him to get information before. Sounds like a good angle to me!

Now you just have to figure out how you want to make this deal with him and we'll decide how to play it.

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    How do I keep missing these updates ugh

Okay, so he'll know who she is and ahead to persuade him to help her

I assume appealing to his morals won't work, so it's money, favors or self-preservation

I think she would proceed in that order, assuming they have money to offer? A la Obi-wan to Solo in the first movie, get us off world no questions asked

• Options
    he hasn't recognized her yet, which is good for the secrecy thing

but if Sheltay is all like "hey it's me" he will remember her and that might make him more helpful

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Oh yes obviously, as surreptitiously as possible

• Options
    okay so

if this helps

continuing to conceal sheltay (and/or padme's) identities from elan while talking to him will be a Deception check

trying to get him to help will be a Persuasion

gimmie a couple of rolls and start talking to Elan

assume for your IC post that he's interested in and listening to what Sheltay has to say

though he is kind of a nervous little weasel

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    I mean she'll totally be like "hey it's me, but let's keep this on the DL"

Should I roll deception to keep our identities secret from other people while we're talking?

• Options
    perfeck.

roll deception to avoid attracting attention to yourself.

and if you're also going to keep padme's identity a secret from Elan we will use that same roll for that, too.

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    both friggin excellent rolls

you are staying verah low profile and can keep him from knowing who padme is if you'd like

and he is also going to be very helpful

assume that you've got enough money to get his attention, padme certainly has enough of it

lookin' forward to the IC

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    I will get to it ASAP, posting from work and someone may be along soon to scold me :(

• Options
    that disguise is pretty good though

it hasn't occurred to him yet that you are trying to disguise yourself

he'll probably think sheltay just changed her look and gained a buncha weight :P

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    @Quoth

not that i can say much as if it were my turn i would be holding crap up and i am still cranky and swole like crazy from having my last two wisdom teeth out on monday and fucking shit still hurts all like rrrrgh i'm just mad at my face

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you forums for saving my draft, woo

• Options
    nicely done quoth

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, sorry... It's so weird to try to do this stuff on my phone, and stealing time from baby is so difficult, especially when my husband is working

• Options
    Also man, wisdom teeth... Lame

My husband had that done a while back and his breath smelled like murder for a few days

• Options
    yeah when your face is swole and sore as hell it's pretty damn hard to rinse out your mouth

nastiness ensues and currently it is out of fashion for men to have a perfumed hanky near their mouth at all times

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    man i want to update tonight but i am in the SHITTIEST MOOD due to aforementioned swollen facehurting

why does it piss you off so much when your face hurts

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    i don't know, but it's killing me?

0198ec55.jpg
  • Options
    I've got a little turd written up that i'll post. where would casso go after the temple, like around the time-frame that's happening right now

0198ec55.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    at the moment your master is addressing the senate. the republic is rapidly disappearing and the empire that was intended to form in its place is quickly taking shape.

rather than the applause-filled bit from the movies, i picture him calmly informing the senate that the jedi order and many of their fellow delegates were conspiring to overthrow the republic. that martial law has been declared, with himself serving as the supreme commander. that all travel to and from coruscant is being completely halted until the situation is under control. that the grand army is being dispatched throughout the galaxy to keep the peace in their various homeworlds. that the jedi, the separatists, and all who have aided them will be brought to justice so that the safety of their galactic society is preserved.

they are sitting there, in silence and in fear, realizing that they -- and the systems which they govern -- are now completely under the control of this man.

and as his new apprentice, you going to be the guy in charge of a lot of the dirty work.

step one was kill all the jedi. this went pretty well. with one major failing. nara'val has escaped. with the great holocron. and a number of students. you did manage to storm the temple, destroy most of their precious artifacts and wipe the majority of them out. but allowing your former master to escape is going to be viewed as a personal failure by your master. to make matters worse, it appears that the jedi were being assisted by sheltay. however casso felt about sheltay, those feelings were probably the last shreds of his former self. so he should be super happy about that.

step two is crush the remnants of the separatist fleet. this is something he is probably doing right now. likely he's in a command center barking orders at fleet admirals, giving them the likely positions and numbers of separatist forces throughout the galaxy. they will not be happy about this new scary person who is apparently the boss of them, but they will be too intimidated to question his command. the chancellor (soon to be emperor) has placed him in charge of this new phase of the war, and apparently he knows what he is doing. he is fully aware of where they are strongest, where they are weakest, where to pursue them, where to assault them, etc.

though the leadership of the separatists will be difficult to find, you will likely be able to deliver a fatal blow to their military in a short amount of time. hunting them down can probably be accomplished while looking for the few remaining jedi. and sheltay is out there somewhere as well.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    oh wowser okay, gonna need some time to work on that then. but i'll poast eventually

0198ec55.jpg
  • Options
    i guess the short answer is

he is in a military command center somewhere yelling at admirals

maybe one of them would try to give him some lip and end up being choked to death

it's a pretty good way to establish that you are in charge of shit now

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    taung needs to be doing something or imma be super sad. you want me to come up with something saucy?

• Options
    i will get to you very soon arc

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    was it mercy that stayed your hand jim

or was it love

• Options
    i meant to post today but

mass effect 3 multiplayer demo

oh my goodness i played a lot of that business

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    stop with your excuses shoe

i guess i shouldn't say that the only reason i'm even on right now is because i drank waaay too much this evening

• Options
    it was definitely love

casso looks back on those ethereal days in the castle lands with sheltay, and he thinks, "man, i could have been spending that time with taung"

0198ec55.jpg
  • Options
    hello

0198ec55.jpg