As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NightDragon's Prettiest Princess [CHAT] for Girls (Boys Shunned at Door)

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    You reminded me to go check out a trainwreck of a livejournal I came across once. I'd pop by every few months, and inevitably something newly terrible and/or horrifying had happened to this person. It was amazing.

tynic on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm seriously cosidering asking for a link.

On one hand, its funny because people usually do it to themselves. On the other hand its like watching a person living their entire life trapped in the basement of an outhouse and then laughing at them for it.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'll pm you if you like, but I won't direct link inthread because I actually feel genuinely bad for this person, don't want her tracking back to find her life's now a spectator sport. I mean, moreso than it already is.

tynic on
  • Options
    ParadiseParadise Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    About a year ago I did a poetry reading in NYC. My poem was about a dog who digs up the bones of another dog.

Three weeks later, this happened.

Coincidence?
    Yeah, most likely.

Paradise on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    tynic wrote: »
    I'll pm you if you like, but I won't direct link inthread because I actually feel genuinely bad for this person, don't want her tracking back to find her life's now a spectator sport. I mean, moreso than it already is.

Okay, curiosity has overtaken me. Fire away please!

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    I wouldn't mind that link myself, Tynic. I love reading other peoples journals, like real ones and not the sort of opinion blogs that most people keep now. I sorta wish journal writing was more common and encouraged. Its such an easy way to mine for characters when you can read peoples personal rambling.

Iruka on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yay I might be adopting a new pup! I'm not getting too excited yet because I still have to go see it, but it looks like a cool pup from the crappy cell phone pic they sent me. (its a min pin)

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    miniature ... pincer? Pinball? Pincushion?

tynic on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Okay, curiosity has overtaken me. Fire away please!

Funny how you say this when she's made a blog with its own URL and ads and everything.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    yeah well I didn't know that when I was talking about it!

poopyhead.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It was just funny. Jeez, you bitchfucker.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Cocknuzzler.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hold on. I just remembered that gum commercial where that dude said, "I'm gonna pineapple slap your ass"

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    ... ok whut?

tynic on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    ... ok whut?

Hey you cankle bandits!

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    That was a weird commercial. It makes me want to explore bad words.

Paradise on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    "Eat spatula and die" is kind of better than the original profanity.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You're too late. Tynic and I went over that yesterday.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Awesome Beavotron post follows:

Paradise on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    hey friends! i got accepted into the illustration academy!
    it's a month long intensive workshop where you train under people like john and mark english, anita kunz (omg) chris payne (omg) and other friggen disgustingly talented illustrators

I am so pumped I may explode
    if any of you are in the kansas city area, I will be there from May 30th to June 25th-ish

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Beavotron I'm afraid you have to leave the planet

your life is sucking up all the awesome in the atmosphere.

tynic on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    yay beavo! success for the success hog!

Tam on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Beavo, are you all out of life goals at this point? If your art was nuclear weapons, its rate of proliferation would be terrifying.

In other words, awesome job! :mrgreen:

Paradise on
  • Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    On the earlier subject of things that are depressing ... Lookouts!

Grats, Beavo, but I'm afraid tynic's got the right of it.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Beavo, I just visited your website. You did three years of neuroscience at Dalhousie University? What?

Do you mind explaining?

Paradise on
  • Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    beavotron wrote: »
    it's a month long intensive workshop where you train under people like john and mark english, anita kunz (omg) chris payne (omg) and other friggen disgustingly talented illustrators

if any of you are in the kansas city area, I will be there from May 30th to June 25th-ish

John is a great guy. You are going to love the experience. I went twice it was so great. And they used to offer a crazy discount for the second time around as well.

Also.. tell jane radstrom and trey bryan hello for me, they will most likely be helping out as well.

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Paradise wrote: »
    Beavo, I just visited your website. You did three years of neuroscience at Dalhousie University? What?

Do you mind explaining?

she studied neuroscience for a while but then found she preferred art

Tam on
  • Options
    CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    beavotron wrote: »

this is going to be a wonderful adventure into the depths of lovecraftian terror and madness.

CheerfulBear on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    he's alliiiiiivvveee

tynic on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    or, at the very least, undead

Tam on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I read The Call of Cthulhu but I didn't really see what all the fuss was about. Maybe I just need to read it again.

Major congrats to Beavo!

Flay on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Tam wrote: »

Do you mind explaining?

Well yeah Tam, I figured it was something like that :P, but things get more detailed and nuanced from story to personal story.

Like in my case, last year I made a decision to go into pre-med. But the decision wasn't just like, "Fuck art. I'd rather be a doctor." It was more complicated than that. I love art; I was all ready to go to art school (probably animation, hadn't yet decided), but then some stuff happened. My grandpa (a great guy and my number one artistic role model) found out he had stage IV lung cancer. It was horrible, but with the help of his doctors, he has made an incredible recovery. The whole process was amazing to witness. And yeah, other factors contributed to my choice of pre-med, but that particular scenario was principle among them. My grandpa's doctors did great work, and it was very inspiring. My point here is: that's just a little part of my story thus far; life can get very complicated.

Beavo's story sounds interesting because she's obviously a successful artist, and it seems like she hasn't had the most typical background for being an artist. She does great work that I personally respect and love to look at, but maybe she didn't start out wanting to be an artist. Maybe her personal history has been more complicated than "she studied neuroscience for a while but then found she preferred art". People's stories deserve to be told, and details are the spice of life.
    Also, two of my friends are going to school for neuroscience. They're not very deep into their programs, but they both seem to like it so far. For my own future, I'm not ruling it out as a potential career path.

Sorry if any of this is at all incomprehensible. I had an A&P lab final today, and I was up most of last night.

Paradise on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I was being an ass deliberately you dunce.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Tam, do you feel good about confusing the most tired person in the world?
    Sarcasm on the internet is tricky. Some people are just dicks.

I'm going to bed. *passes out*

Paradise on
  • Options
    CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    he's alliiiiiivvveee

oh you

CheerfulBear on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Saw Iron Man. It was fun.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    was it? people have been making frowny faces at it.

Tam on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Tam wrote: »

Do you mind explaining?

Well yeah Tam, I figured it was something like that :P, but things get more detailed and nuanced from story to personal story.

Like in my case, last year I made a decision to go into pre-med. But the decision wasn't just like, "Fuck art. I'd rather be a doctor." It was more complicated than that. I love art; I was all ready to go to art school (probably animation, hadn't yet decided), but then some stuff happened. My grandpa (a great guy and my number one artistic role model) found out he had stage IV lung cancer. It was horrible, but with the help of his doctors, he has made an incredible recovery. The whole process was amazing to witness. And yeah, other factors contributed to my choice of pre-med, but that particular scenario was principle among them. My grandpa's doctors did great work, and it was very inspiring. My point here is: that's just a little part of my story thus far; life can get very complicated.

Beavo's story sounds interesting because she's obviously a successful artist, and it seems like she hasn't had the most typical background for being an artist. She does great work that I personally respect and love to look at, but maybe she didn't start out wanting to be an artist. Maybe her personal history has been more complicated than "she studied neuroscience for a while but then found she preferred art". People's stories deserve to be told, and details are the spice of life.
    Also, two of my friends are going to school for neuroscience. They're not very deep into their programs, but they both seem to like it so far. For my own future, I'm not ruling it out as a potential career path.

Sorry if any of this is at all incomprehensible. I had an A&P lab final today, and I was up most of last night.

cool story!
    neuroscience was sort of the "safe" move for me
    i've always loved both science and art, science just happens to lead to professions (med) that make a lot more money than most artist positions can
    I quickly realized (maybe not so quickly... it took me 4 years) that in order to be happy, you can't always take the safe route
    and I've stuck to that mentality since
    and it has gotten me what a lot of people call luck, what i call "stick to your shit, do what makes you happy, don't just follow what's popular and what people tell you you should be doing and good things will come of it..." throw a bit of good timing into the mix and it all starts to come up roses.

beavotron on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've heard of Illustration Academy, it sounds really sweet.

Take lots of pictures for us.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    brooklyns finest is a depressing movie.

Kendeathwalker on
This discussion has been closed.